Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,248 members, 7,807,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor (66687 Views)

New Terminal Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport Commissioned By Buhari / An Overview Of The 10 Lane Oshodi-Murtala Muhammed International Airport - Pics / Atedo Peterside's Anap Jet Robbed At Murtala Muhammed International Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by lalasticlala(m): 7:39pm On Jan 11, 2021
A Nigerian Twitter user Patrick @patricknwaforr has shared his bitter experience at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos.

THE NEW AIRPORT SCAM!!! (MMA, Lagos)

I was at the airport recently and for the fact that I had not set foot since COVID19 started, I headed to the normal "Departure" U-Turn first to ask for proper directions.

I politely asked an FRSC official for the way to "Arrivals".

I even explained in details that I wanted to pick someone and he directed me to where used to be "New Arrival Park" before.

On getting there I noticed it was a bit dark but cars were parked.

As normal Naija now, I felt "NEPA" just did their thing as usual.

I drove past a gate that was opened and some Mechanic-looking guys were on the side fixing a damaged car.

"NONE OF THEM WAVED OR STOPPED ME".

Then I met another official ahead who politely told me the "New Arrival" was no longer functional and I should turn back.

I simply obliged.

On my way back, I noticed the gate I had jst passed was now closed & these Mechanic guys jumped out and asked that I come down

�ahahn..

As a calm guy, I explained that it was a wrong direction from an FRSC official and his colleague had corrected me.

These guys clamped my tyres & started driving their tow truck to the front of my car.

This happened within 30 seconds I swear!

Man: "Na 50k if we tow the car"

Me: But there was no sign now, how will people know it's one-way?

2nd Tow guy: Oga let us go to our office

I was just sad at the point I realized the argument wasn't going to yield anything, as they were bent on either deflating my tyre or towing my car to God knows where.

My sister was arriving in 10 minutes!��‍♂️��‍♂️

So I let them drive the car.

Abi it's money you want to collect, no wahala.

We drove past the toll gate and took the road down past @ExecuJetAvGrp

This was at about 7:50pm

On getting there, they asked that I pay NGN10,500.

I paid.

While the whole transaction was going on, I saw about 12 other innocent people like me.

I mean,
PEOPLE HARDLY VISIT THE AIRPORT NOWADAYS!!!!

There are no signs or warnings indicating one-way or any restriction!

Just some guys putting on Blue workshop gear hanging around.

Then I realized it was a JOINT SCAM by @FRSCNigeria officials and these boys that claim to work for @FAAN_Official !!!!

First, they mislead you
Then, they guide you
Then, these boys catch you before you can even say JACK!

The airport (At Night) looks like a warzone under construction fam!

No lights!
No signs!
Roadblocks and long tags everywhere!
Uneducated personnels everywhere!

I'm pained because this is ILLEGAL and UNFAIR!
Especially to people that have no clue about the new airport design.

From my findings, most victims had visitors arriving almost at the same time they caught them!

So it was more like an emotional blackmail.

You'll pay anything just to avoid any delay or weird experience for people coming into the country at a time like this.

The IJGB's have already been through:
-Naija heat
-Smelly airport halls
-Annoying customs officials
-"No trolley" situation

The list goes on and on.

Well, this thread is for anyone heading to the airport anytime soon.

Just head to the parking lot and walk around if you have to.

On the other hand, @FAAN_Official Please enlighten me:
- Why are there not enough signs while construction is on??
- Who are these people in Blue Workshop Gear operating under your nose? Do they work for you?

Source: https://twitter.com/patricknwaforr/status/1348360865297391619?s=19

138 Likes 20 Shares

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Ejiksbooster: 7:43pm On Jan 11, 2021
Mods will not push this to front page. Vital info

104 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by HolinessForever: 7:46pm On Jan 11, 2021
Shame on the Federal road safety Commission..
Shame on FAAN
It's a Disgrace and a Shame to Condescend this low to rip your own Citizens..
Once again , Shame

482 Likes 35 Shares

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by johnnyn1(m): 7:47pm On Jan 11, 2021
sad

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Sundrus: 7:49pm On Jan 11, 2021
Everything from 9ja na scam. Even the 9ja constitution na number one scam.

218 Likes 11 Shares

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Officialhorlah(m): 7:50pm On Jan 11, 2021
No be Nigeria again Nothing surprises me anymoregrin

264 Likes 10 Shares

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by NextD18: 7:51pm On Jan 11, 2021
An average Nigerian is a potential criminal looking for who to outsmart and cheat.

It's so bad and dangerous that I even find it difficult to respond to greetings from strangers.

Me in the bank.....

Stranger: Hello do you know where I can e sksuv pzct sltyesp aldbe dkeg?

Before you even finish, you won't see me.

251 Likes 19 Shares

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Golan007: 7:52pm On Jan 11, 2021
Corruption is part of the Haemoglobin make up of the average Nigerian.

This is the kind of situation that requires video recording, giving them a few days to repent and when they don't you apply your EndSARS best practice.

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Kylekent59: 8:05pm On Jan 11, 2021
Lalasticlala is here. It is definitely gonna make FP
Naija and scam.
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by ATEAMS: 8:08pm On Jan 11, 2021
WAHALA be like......
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by slawormiir: 8:08pm On Jan 11, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by DropsMic(m): 8:08pm On Jan 11, 2021
NextD18:
An average Nigerian is a potential criminal looking for who to outsmart and cheat..

Read this again...

✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯

Honest people wey dey Nigeria no pass two. Crime is now ubiquitous like church posters...

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by WaterTheMonk(m): 8:08pm On Jan 11, 2021
Don't be surprised those guys remit all illegal funds to their oga that sent them.

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by doggedfighter(f): 8:08pm On Jan 11, 2021
Daylight robbery by FRSC in conjunction with touts and thugs.

My fear is those touts may kill somebody one day because of 10500.

A tout has no business with common sense.

His eyes is on his share and the weed it can afford him

And can go all out to get the money

People are not rushing abroad for economic reasons.

They're doing so for their sanity !
So sad.

137 Likes 10 Shares

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by BecomeALandLord(m): 8:08pm On Jan 11, 2021
Nawa ooh
This country

5 Likes

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by sholay2011(m): 8:09pm On Jan 11, 2021
This is just sad. Then, we will be complaining about our leaders but the truth is the average Nigerian does not really care about the other person.

111 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by OYENIYIJK: 8:09pm On Jan 11, 2021
Security in Nigeria is fucking worst!

Anyway, check my signature.

6 Likes

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by ShackWes(f): 8:10pm On Jan 11, 2021
why you dey cast us nah?

lala sef
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by fdigital(m): 8:10pm On Jan 11, 2021
If you are driving on any lonely express and someone suddenly stones a raw egg to your wind shield please not turn on your wiper keep driving on. Because the moment you turn on your wiper it will blurry your wind shield and you will have no other option than to slow down and perhaps stop accelerating, the moment you do that you have fallen into hands of arm rubbers or kidnapers who will be waiting for you farther ahead for you to fall pray. so be informed, it is there latest trick now.

139 Likes 18 Shares

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by TalkTalkTwins(m): 8:10pm On Jan 11, 2021
ok
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by ACRI: 8:11pm On Jan 11, 2021
Am tired

Whats happening sef in this country?

I prefer abuja airport by the way

That Lagos is too rugged,scam everywhere

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by ekenetheorg(m): 8:11pm On Jan 11, 2021
Same happened to me October 2020

12 Likes

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by bentlywills(m): 8:11pm On Jan 11, 2021
And these FAAN officials be begging money like there life depends on it....so disgusting

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by newoffer: 8:12pm On Jan 11, 2021
Funny Country. Their boss will claim they don't know anything about it

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Antoeni(m): 8:12pm On Jan 11, 2021
Has There Ever been Any Federal government Project That Doesn't Not Involve Slam.

9 Likes

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by emmadejust(m): 8:13pm On Jan 11, 2021
Oboy always do your calculate steps or movement observing the area you are stepping into before u move

4 Likes

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 11, 2021
Actually they've been doing it for a very long time. During construction of that road, OMG, they milked people because of unseen turning signs... I was dropped at the airport by my brother with a few relatives and as they were heading back, no turning sign, immediately they ordered them to park and made them pay...

By the time these people start having financial and family problems they start looking for the origin in the village, no sir, na you dey do yourself. Taking daily money illegally or deceptively will never end well for you...

100 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abuja-Kaduna Train Attacked Twice On Monday 14/9/20 / The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) / Newly Commissioned Abia Flyover Turned To Dumping Site (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.