Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,738 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs (23864 Views)

Garba Shehu: Buhari Is Ahead Of Obasanjo In All Fields Of National Development / Garba Shehu: Buhari’s Children Have Right To Use Presidential Jet / Afenifere: Buhari Sees Nothing Wrong In Northern Leaders' Inciting Statements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by Racoon(m): 8:46pm On Jan 11, 2021
Garba Shehu, presidential spokesperson, says President Muhammadu Buhari has not succumbed to calls for the sack of the service chiefs because he sees what Nigerians do not see.

Shehu said this when he featured on a Television Continental (TVC) programme on Sunday.In 2020, Nigeria witnessed a spike in killings by Boko Haram insurgents, bandits and kidnappers.

To address the situation, the national assembly on at least four occasions asked the president to sack the service chiefs for poor performance.

Other stakeholders such as the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) also said the military is overwhelmed and needs fresh ideas to stop the killings.

But the presidency has instead insisted that the service chiefs will remain in office for as long as Buhari is satisfied with their performance.

Speaking during the TV programme, Shehu said the chief of army staff and his colleagues serve at the pleasure of the president who has not sacked them because “he is seeing things that critics are not seeing”.
“It is because he is seeing things that critics are not seeing. He is seeing things most people don’t see,” he said in response to why the security heads are still in office.

“It is not a tenured appointment. There is no part of the law that says chief of army staff must serve for two years. Then, after two years, he must go.

“He serves at the pleasure of the president. Now, the president has said again he will make changes. When will he make those changes? It is entirely up to him. I think Nigerians should give him the benefit of the doubt.”

He added that the Buhari administration has not been able to solve the country’s security challenges because the problems are “mutating”.

“This country has always been challenged by issues of insecurity. No country is crime-free,” he said, adding: “The challenges are mutating … but all hands are now on deck.

“From the resolutions we are seeing particularly from the president, 2021 is going to be very decisive in dealing with Boko Haram, banditry, and kidnapping.”

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-sees-what-nigerians-dont-see-about-service-chiefs-says-garba-shehu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by doggedfighter(f): 8:47pm On Jan 11, 2021
You all are mad
Despicable and insensitive beings. undecided undecided

Modified : Sapphiere , I don't know what your
experiences with men are.

But you have to watch it because you are loosing it. You made a statement here which I find weird about no one should leave a child with a man even if he's the child' s father.

You were dancing around on the other thread about the man molesting his son.

Now the man has come out with what really happened.

What have you said?

Watch it, Sis !

149 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 11, 2021
David seaman...

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by Akaegwu(m): 8:49pm On Jan 11, 2021
Yes, we know that likes attract likes .
Failure attracts failure.
OUR darling president puts together with the service chiefs are embodiment of failure.
I and Manna love our darling president because he keeps proving to be one of the best clueless in the world so far.
We are expecting to replace him with another useless one from PDP if Jesus never showed up in 2023.

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by longetivity(m): 8:49pm On Jan 11, 2021
I don't get, bubu get HD eyes or what is this idiot trying to telling us

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by longetivity(m): 8:50pm On Jan 11, 2021
doggedfighter:
You all are mad
he's also useless and foolish

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by Racoon(m): 8:50pm On Jan 11, 2021
Same Buhari that is always "unaware, "surprise" or "shocked" about developments around this nation or the world? What does this government takes Nigerians for?

All these so called presidential media aides that are always rationalizing every irresponsible action of the president instead of advising him appropriately are the worst.

It only takes a shot to be fired in Aso Rock for the president without waiting for his NSA, or Aso Rock CSO to change the entire security architecture of the seat of power.Yet Nigerians have continued to die from the ineptitude and incompetency of his service chiefs.Is that not wicked selfishness?

The president & his service chiefs are all property of the state that are answerable to the people because they're being paid by taxpayers monies.

So why will the NASS-being rep of the people call on the president to relieve the chiefs to inject new vigor to the self-inflicted security challenges across this nation & he will be reluctant to act? Nigeria have irresponsible leaders and a docile populace that cant demand accountability.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by Racoon(m): 8:51pm On Jan 11, 2021
“From the resolutions we are seeing particularly from the president, 2021 is going to be very decisive in dealing with Boko Haram, banditry, and kidnapping.”
So what have the president & his lacklustre service chiefs been doing? Of course treating atrocious elements with kids gloves.BH being granted amnesty while NW governors are romancing bandits.

Guess it is still the same BH that have long been "technically defeated", "terribly down graded", "lacking the capacity to carry out major attacks" & "attacking soft targets."

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by ojun50(m): 8:51pm On Jan 11, 2021
Indirectly saying all calling the sack are blind

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by ChoCho54(f): 8:51pm On Jan 11, 2021
OP abeg abeg abeg...

I don't want to hear anything about the lifeless Sudanese this January!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 11, 2021
Good...

Speaking during the TV programme, Shehu said the chief of army staff and his colleagues serve at the pleasure of the president who has not sacked them because “he is seeing things that critics are not seeing”

Of course, majority of them cannot see! How can they see when they are blinded by hatred, bigotry and envy?

How can they see when everything Buhari does is bad to them? Even if Buhari lay down his life for them, they'd still condemn him for it!

How can they see when wailing is their calling?

How can they see when they're not happy that peace is being restored? How can they be happy?

The few genuine critics that actually mean well for Nigeria expected MORE... They acknowledge that Buhari has done better, eg Zulum.. But the complaint is that the issue hasn't completely ended, which is understandable. And I agree with them... The security agencies should end this war once and for all, even though I commend them for a great first half!

However, since the Commander-in-chief of the armed forces has assured us that all forms of terrorism and banditry will end this year, I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt. He's just human, like you and me.

As for the enemies of Nigeria, they can WAIL for all I care! Nigeria go better, whether they like it or not!

God bless us all.

Blabbermouth:

A wise pidgin proverb states - If e dey do you like say na everybody dey mad, check am well, na you gan gan dey mad.

That loosely translates as - If it looks as if everyone around has /is running mad, do check again, you are actually the mad one.

Look at your life. Majority cannot see, but few good ones like you, Helinues and Zulum.
Everyone on nairaland is a wailer and no patriotic citizens, except those of you on the 30k payroll.

My brother, learn to read and understand! MAJORITY of the CRITICS, not majority of the people.. Majority of the people are happy. The minority of the people who are not can be divided into 2 groups of critics.. Those, the majority, who criticize blindingly and out of hatred VS the minority, who criticize, not out of hatred, but genuineness. Zulum belongs here. They criticize the government but still admit they've tried.

However, the majority of the people know they have done well and therefore in support.

Blabbermouth:

This thread is on page 3 or 4 already. Count how many people are happy with Buhari and his cluelessness with the service chief.
How come you are the only patriotic Nigerian among us?

Spare me all these puh-leaaaaze.

Maybe you think I live in China. I'm in Nigeria whose FCT is Abuja, and a Buhari is the president.
If this is the same Nigeria you say the majority of the people are happy and in support of Buhari, then it means I'm engaging a clown.

My brother, you should ask Nairaland @the emboldened. How many people support this government to begin with - from inception? Didn't you see the number that voted Atiku on nairaland? Lol!

That aside, most of the Northerners and others from other regions that supported this government have either been banned or they simply stopped participating. How many Northerners are on this Forum to start with? Most of the commenters here are either IPOB supporters or Anarchists.

11 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by gasparpisciotta: 8:53pm On Jan 11, 2021
Yes because failure begets failure

6 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 8:56pm On Jan 11, 2021
You people are officially finished in this country if this is the best excuse the presidency can bring up about the service chiefs despite the myriads of killings and genocide going on around the country and especially in the north. Anyways, I've been advised to tone down my activities on political nairaland and focus more on shekpeteri nairaland for safety sake. I am determined to take that advice seriously. You guys can wallow in your gutter of a country that doesn't value human life at least till 2023 cool

7 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by Otuegbe: 8:56pm On Jan 11, 2021
He is seeing his fellow comrades in failure

4 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by Azmanaty: 8:56pm On Jan 11, 2021
All the money govt pays to Boko Haram as ransome money inturn gets back to Bulhary coz those boys re his boys. That's what he sees Nigerians don't see

3 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by Sirjamo: 9:02pm On Jan 11, 2021
I support the call for service chiefs to go, not because it's the solution to our insecurity but because I am a strong advocate of career progression. If these ones do not go, others won't move up the ladder and they might be sabotaging the system.

Boko haram has seen 3 Presidents and more than 30 service chiefs, changing service chiefs is not the solution.

I AM DONE TALKING

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by forgiveness: 9:02pm On Jan 11, 2021
What does he see? The fear of c.......hmmmm!?
Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by Tumbulum: 9:18pm On Jan 11, 2021
That's an insult on those who have died as a result of the ineffective strategies of the service chiefs. They have not delivered the job they were paid to do. In fact security is now on a very low level in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by longetivity(m): 9:18pm On Jan 11, 2021
bubu and his dry head aides are a disgrace

4 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by doggedfighter(f): 9:20pm On Jan 11, 2021
ChoCho54:
OP abeg abeg abeg...

I don't want to hear anything about the lifeless Sudanese this January!
grin hahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by Charmingrascal(m): 9:23pm On Jan 11, 2021
Can you imagine nonsense.

The lives of Nigerians is at risk, people are dying daily because of the ineffectiveness of those Service Chiefs and this nitwit is saying his lifeless boss is seeing what Nigerians don't see in them.

Why is this government so insensitive?
Sometimes it is better for this people to shut their mouth than to open it "waaa" and make this senseless and insensitive comments.

Is what the lifeless one is seeing more important than the lives of Nigerians that are being lost on a daily basis.

Because of the ineffectiveness of Buhari's service Chiefs and their inability to change tactics many soldiers have lost their lives yet all what this insensitive government could say is this..

God will punish this people walahi

4 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by Grandmeister(m): 9:25pm On Jan 11, 2021
The same way his infrastructural works were too big for us to see? These guys are A+ clowns.

6 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by Emyzoloye5(m): 9:28pm On Jan 11, 2021
if only the national assembly will invoke section 32 vs 5-7 of the Constitution and impeachment this modafucker

nonsense and buratai!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by Olatunji1929: 9:36pm On Jan 11, 2021
im just praying that Yusuf or one of buhari daughter get kidnapped and get raped by kidnappers perhaps buhari will understand what average Nigerians are experiencing everyday

4 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by schoolmaster: 9:48pm On Jan 11, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Good...

Of course, majority of them cannot see! How can they see when they are blinded by hatred, bigotry and envy?

How can they see when everything Buhari does is bad to them? Even if Buhari lay down his life for them, they'd still condemn him for it!

How can they see when wailing is their calling?

How can they see when they're not happy that peace is being restored? How can they be happy?

The few genuine critics that actually mean well for Nigeria expected MORE... They acknowledge that Buhari has done better, eg Zulum.. But the complain is that the issue hasn't completely ended, which is understandable. And I agree with them... The security agencies should end this war once and for all, even though I commend them for a great first half!

However, since the Commander-in-chief of the armed forces has assured us that all forms of terrorism and banditry will end this year, I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt. He's just human, like you and me.

As for the enemies of Nigeria, they can WAIL for all I care! Nigeria go better, whether they like it or not!

God bless us all.

You are so pathetic. So baba is wiser and more knowledgeable than over 90% of Nigerians. Whatever angle he is seeing it from, if tactics and personal are not rejigged at this point, the loyalty of forces will continue to undermine whatever efforts put in by Mr President.

10 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by osuofia2(m): 9:54pm On Jan 11, 2021
God bless baba Buhari, the southern media especially the tinubu media crew thinks they can bring down this govt with their useless propaganda. They have used the speaker of the HOR by inviting PMB thinking that they can disgrace him it failed,they came in the name of endsars it failed.now they are now cooking lies but they will continue to fail.PMB is a movement.
Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 11, 2021
schoolmaster:

You are so pathetic. So baba is wiser and more knowledgeable than over 90% of Nigerians. Whatever angle he is seeing it from, if tactics and personal are not rejigged at this point, the loyalty of forces will continue to undermine whatever efforts put in by Mr President.

My brother, prove the emboldened biko! 90% ko 5% ni..

Keep wailing! President Muhammadu Buhari and his service chiefs are going nowhere UNTIL they are done salvaging Nigeria. We may even amend the constitution and have them rule until we are satisfied! If you don't like it, do the needful..

Nigerians have spoken! And so shall it be!

God bless President Muhammadu Buhari.
God bless the Service Chiefs.
God bless all patriotic Nigerians.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by obi4eze(m): 9:59pm On Jan 11, 2021
grin
Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by Commonguy(m): 10:04pm On Jan 11, 2021
alright
Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs by fdigital(m): 10:04pm On Jan 11, 2021
From using body language to communicate it is now his ability to see
what the rest of us can't see.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike: Amaechi And Nwajiuba Are Heartless, And Wicked With No Conscience / APC NWC Counters Adamu, Aligns With Northern Governors On Power Shift / ‘Massive Corruption In Electricity Sector, Discos Defrauding Nigerians’ - WAMAC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.