Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) (17170 Views)

Ruby Orjiakor Seeks Approval From River Goddess To Shoot A Movie (Video) / Picture Of Mo Abudu At The "Premiere Of "Wedding Party 2" Has Got Fans Talking / Destiny Etiko's Eyes Swollen On Movie Location (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by madjune(m): 11:56am On Jan 13, 2021
seguno2:

If she is not a dishonest person, she should have engaged the journalist as script etc consultant for the production.

She's highly dishonest.

I can't believe she still plays this game.
Years ago, like 2008; she stole a TV idea i helped in nurturing for Diamond bank.
She reached out to our company and we raised the concept. The next thing she did was to run off to Diamond bank with the idea as hers.

We were shocked.
Unfortunately, Diamond aired one or two shows and stopped it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by chukwugoziegi: 12:22pm On Jan 13, 2021
madjune:

She's highly dishonest.

I can't believe she still plays this game.
Years ago, like 2008; she stole a TV idea i helped in nurturing for Diamond bank.
She reached out to our company and we raised the concept. The next thing she did was to run off to Diamond bank with the idea as hers.

We were shocked.
Unfortunately, Diamond aired one or two shows and stopped it.

I knew she was lying immediately she disabled comments on her IG. Guilty Human behaviour.

With her dry, Botox face.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by ncoolsome(m): 12:23pm On Jan 13, 2021
post=98007142:

They are supposed to compensate her BIG TIME for the movie.
Most def, the story is all about her... we found that out when we read about her interview she made well before the movie was shot.

But kudos to the actors, producers, directors of this movie.
They did a very good job.
We give them 101%.

We can't forget where they beheaded the innocent girl, twas too real and (un)believable!!

One of the best Nigerian movie on Netflix......no doubt!

If that is so @the bolded,
Then, END OF STORY.
So what are they talking about again?

Thanks for making us understand better Chief Naptu.
Appreciate

Just because am signed to malvin record yes don jazzy owns my masters copy but we have to have a signed agreement for him to use it for advert jingles, soundtracks etc...if premium times does have a said contract with her then she has the right to sue No abudu...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by We4all: 1:12pm On Jan 13, 2021
seguno2:

Really?
Is that true?
The other day she was in the news for money laundering on behalf of the minister who said that he and his fellow rogues steal because Nigerians don’t stone them.

Yes, she isn't a straightforward person. Forget about the media hype of being a "Business Mogul". She once swindled her former best friend of funds running into millions. People like that can't be trusted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by 12inchess: 1:51pm On Jan 13, 2021
iamclime:
I have watched Oloture and I must say it's a movie to keep. EbonyLife really delivered. As for the copyright issue, I'll go with Mo Abudu's version in this video. She spoke with facts and figures.
As for most of the comments here, it's clear that many people don't understand how copyright law works in Nigeria.
Tobore should go to court if she really believes she has a case.
And who else is wondering why her former legal counsel (as mentioned by Mo) disengaged?

As a writer myself (hoping to publish someday soon), this is my take:
1. Make sure you understand the *fine print* clearly when entering into contractual agreements.
2. Discuss any grey areas before signing.
3. When in doubt, ask a lawyer (especially one skilled and experienced in such matters.
4. Never be greedy! Greed ruins everything.

Nigerians are so dumb. Speaking with big grammar and dressing like the Queen of England doesn't mean you're speaking sense. The Ebonylifetv that is making a movie about someone without getting them fully involved in the story, I don't know the copyright laws but is that ethical? The said lady is still alive oooo.

1 Like

Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 13, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by apatheticme(f): 9:12pm On Jan 13, 2021
SimplyFacts:
That interesting but tragic film angry

The film no get joy o. That ending made me feel so touched & almost shed tears.

Na how the girl japaa in the last scene funny. Eni ori yo, o di'le grin

Quite tragic an ending!

Though it's a true life story, inside sources claim the girl later escaped in Togo.
Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by SaintUlot: 7:30am On Jan 15, 2021
Oloture is my true life story, tobore ovurie reveals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIJX_a80Ndw

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Father-in-law, Femi Otedola Doesn't Have A Private Jet - Mr Eazi Reveals(vid) / D'banj Will Sign Tonto Dikeh To His Label And She Will Blow / Rahama Sadau Has A Stalker On Her Tail [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.