Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,508 members, 7,808,862 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Whatapp Wants To Steal Your Data. Community Users React! - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Whatapp Wants To Steal Your Data. Community Users React! (161 Views)

Sophia, The First Android With Citizenship, Now Wants To Have A Robot Baby / Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G At A Steal(SOLD) / (www.emdeelink.com) The Easiest And Cheapest Way To Subscribe Your Data, Airtime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Whatapp Wants To Steal Your Data. Community Users React! by WordpressPhysco: 1:26pm On Jan 12, 2021
Just 3 days ago I received a pop-up on Google News over WhatsApp’s new policy which I didn’t give attention to. After about 1 hour later, the news about WhatsApp’s Data Privacy policy concern was everywhere. There you have it, another giant in the news for the bad or over-exaggerated reasons.

For ages I have been using WhatsApp for marketing and business growth but as it seems, someone might switch to a more secure platform where you are free to share your details without being tracked.

Truth is, I was surprised when I saw Google showing all the places I went to on her APP. I was like, “so, can’t someone have some privacy in this life”?

Still based on the issue of privacy, while the ministry of electronics and information technology (Meity) is taking a close look at encrypted messaging app WhatsApp’s new privacy policy, the fact remains that the majority of WhatsApp users are having a rethink.

According to financialexpress.com, it reads that “sources said the initial feeling in the government is that the recent privacy policy of WhatsApp to share commercial user data with Facebook in a way establishes that it is the owner of the data and hence it can safely not be considered as an intermediary.

In such a scenario it may lose the immunity it has concerning any objectionable content found on its platform at any given point in time.

The Effect of WhatsApp’s New Data Privacy Policy

With February 2021around the corner, you will have to decide not to or accept the terms and service of this new policy by February 8, 2021, or delete your accounts on WhatsApp because as it is, your data might be useful for her benefits.

This change in privacy policy has also sparked an exodus of sorts to apps like Signal App and Telegram, which the former is the tagged the next WhatsApp.

But just before you leave WhatsApp to Signal Private Messenger you want to be sure that you’ve got the correct information about the new policy and not the fake or misinterpreted news.

Communities & Users Reaction to New WhatsApp Data Policy

In a blog post by xda-developers, titled “What’s more important to you? Access to WhatsApp or your privacy”, some users had these to say.

I deleted WhatsApp years ago. Telegram is the way – Deiki.

I care about privacy but unfortunately, almost all of my friends don’t, so I have to use WhatsApp. Telegram (Telegram X anyway, I haven’t seen the other for a while) has a much nicer UI compared to the dated look WhatsApp has too – CrimsonTears.

Privacy. No FB, No IG, No WhatsApp. Nothing from Suckerburg – ShiverSC

Privacy is very important… I am shifting to Telegram also recommending my friends for the same…. WhatsApp bye bye….! – malateef

How The NEW WHATSAPP Private Messenger, Became a Success after Elon Musk Magic

Just as digital marketers pay influencers for adverts and promotion, I think the Signal Private Messenger got her magic moment when the current world’s richest man (as of the time of writing) made a tweet on January 7th 2021 for its 42,000,000 followers to switch to the next WHATAPP APP.

Source -

I know that many Africans and Nigerians do no care about Whatsapp's New Privacy Policy. sad

For you that cares, what do you think?

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Page Already With 1.2K Followers For Sale! / Low Price 50mw Green Laser Line Generator / Please Patronize Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.