Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,798 members, 7,802,556 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta (16707 Views)

Edo: PDP Ward Executives Unite To Endorse Asue Ighodalo's Candidacy In Uromi / 2023: Uncertainty Trails Jonathan’s Candidacy In APC / 2023: SWAGA Kicks Against Consensus Presidential Candidacy In APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by Minjim: 8:08pm On Jan 12, 2021
Abalado:
thanks bro,,but why do u prefer Corolla? Don't u think matrix is also unisex and small?

Both are fuel efficient and their spare parts are almost the same.

Since you're a lady, go for Matrix

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by coputa(m): 8:11pm On Jan 12, 2021
There's ijaw communities in warri North local government,so they have the constitutional right to present a candidate.
The itsekiri's are too self centered

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by vioment: 8:15pm On Jan 12, 2021
Ever since some wise minds dun dey call umahi and zulum best governor, every riff raff dun dey chuuk head dey answer best governor.

Na by mouth abi activity wey dey ground.

Look at Biden, he dey plan to begin serious solution problema on day one. Umahi and zulum fall into prepare come leaders, so that they won't spend time preparing instead of doing. They are adjusting.
Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by Lawalemi(m): 8:20pm On Jan 12, 2021
These two people will never cease to be at each other's throat
Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by Pacesetter123(m): 8:22pm On Jan 12, 2021
Minjim:
What sort of problem is this?
Is the person not South / Nigeria.

In the West here, you can be anything in all the states as long as you've paid your dues
That's the way to go my brother.
Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by Seikiri1: 8:27pm On Jan 12, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:
Eh! Wetin dey happen for area sef?
Mudiaga, Rukeme, Toritseju, Eyitemi, Ebipade, Kanawei, Oghenemine,
Wetin dey occur?

Warri North LGA belongs to the Itsekiris. The headquarters is Koko and Koko is an Itsekiri land. My people make una dey cool down o, all of us na Deltans!

Deltans! One love.
Oniovo mee, wetin touch you, still touch me
Urhobo wadooo!
Isoko wadoo
Ah Izon eh!
Who says Warri North belongs to itsekiri..

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by simbrixton2: 8:37pm On Jan 12, 2021
coputa:
There's ijaw communities in warri North local government,so they have the constitutional right to present a candidate.
ijaw why
Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by etrouble: 8:44pm On Jan 12, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Shut it.

There is freedom of expression in Nigeria.

Let Government decide if their plea is right or wrong.

So you also do zoning in LG election, yet you don't want North-East and North-Central to produce the President of the country when you know they have not done their turn. Or have they?
Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by hotseat: 8:46pm On Jan 12, 2021
Therein lies our greed.

The winner takes all mentality.

Good governance is sacrificed on the alter of selfishness, tribalism, hegemony,mediocrity, nepotism,favouritism, greed and all negative parameters.

If the intention is to serve for the collective good, the need for these agitations won't arise.

Buhari is a champion of the various vices listed above as evident in his appointments.

When shall merit and not mediocrity take the centre stage?
Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by Inag(m): 8:49pm On Jan 12, 2021
Point of corrections. Warri North comprises of Itsekiris and the Ijaws. The Itsekiris have been producing the local govt chairman, House o Assembly members and commissioner for the state since 1991 when it was created. The Ijaws have only been vice local govt Chairman since then. Even the secretary to the local govt have been Itsekiris all the way and even all the major post have been occupied by them in the LG. The LG has ten federal was out of which the Itsekiris have six while the Ijaws have four. And it is so because of politics. In actual size and population, the Ijaws territories are larger and more populated than the Itsekiris. So for fairness and equity, it is not wrong for the Ijaws to produce the LG chairman this time around. Though I fore one believe in good governance but at the same time sense of belonging is also vital for peace to reign and inclusive development.

4 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by Inag(m): 8:52pm On Jan 12, 2021
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
Warri North is itsekiri
But anyone can contest nah!
So longer the person has resided there for a particular period of time
Point of corrections. Warri North comprises of Itsekiris and the Ijaws. The Itsekiris have been producing the local govt chairman, House o Assembly members and commissioner for the state since 1991 when it was created. The Ijaws have only been vice local govt Chairman since then. Even the secretary to the local govt have been Itsekiris all the way and even all the major post have been occupied by them in the LG. The LG has ten federal was out of which the Itsekiris have six while the Ijaws have four. And it is so because of politics. In actual size and population, the Ijaws territories are larger and more populated than the Itsekiris. So for fairness and equity, it is not wrong for the Ijaws to produce the LG chairman this time around. Though I fore one believe in good governance but at the same time sense of belonging is also vital for peace to reign and inclusive development.

3 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by Princedapace(m): 8:52pm On Jan 12, 2021
prekumohtim:

This is the only thing Nigerians are after ; how to take power and enslave every other tribes. No plan of development. Who ever gets the power will amass wealth for himself and tribal men. A typical example of Buhari. African mentality is archaic and can never compete with other continents.

Europe for instance made sure that their nations are not forced into unitary country. The Europeans made sure that ethnic nations politically govern them selves. And cases where they are fussed into country, they made sure that politically, ethnic identities are represented and no one feels dominated.

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by Sonnobax15(m): 9:08pm On Jan 12, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:
Wetin dey occur?

Warri North LGA belongs to the Itsekiris. The headquarters is Koko and Koko is an Itsekiri land. My people make una dey cool down o, all of us na Deltans!

Deltans! One love.
Urhobo wadooo!
Isoko wadoo
Ah Izon eh!
Urhobo me na!!!!

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by KayB: 9:10pm On Jan 12, 2021
I pity this people they are not much but they are the most divided #ogidigben project
Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by UDbester(m): 9:19pm On Jan 12, 2021
I think the apostle Johnson suleman prophecy is taking shape through this matter

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by vickydevoka(m): 9:29pm On Jan 12, 2021
Minjim:

Toyota Corolla joor!

Though Matrix is more feminine but corolla is unisex.
Forget that big for nothing camry
Which one be more feminine, for car way I go buy with my money. No car way de write woman or man on top
Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by watchindelta(m): 9:45pm On Jan 12, 2021
Here in Italy nothing like tribalism all Italian are equal, even here wey me dey the right wey me get I no even get 10% for my own Country. Nigeria is always a bullshit
Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by fejikudz(m): 9:46pm On Jan 12, 2021
Jobless and useless itsekiri youths..
Aren't the ijaws aboringes in warri north?? Nonsense protest

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by Balogunodua(m): 10:02pm On Jan 12, 2021
Inag:

Ijaw has no ward in Warri north......

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by Balogunodua(m): 10:04pm On Jan 12, 2021
fejikudz:

Aren't the ijaws aboringes in warri north??
Nonsense protest
Any Ijaw in Warri-north are immigrants....

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by Balogunodua(m): 10:04pm On Jan 12, 2021
fejikudz:

Nonsense protest
Any Ijaw in Warri-north are immigrants....

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by Uchasa(m): 11:00pm On Jan 12, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:
Wetin dey occur?

Deltans! One love.
Urhobo wadooo!
Isoko wadoo
Ah Izon eh!

Why didn't you mention Aniomas, are they not also Deltans? sad sad
Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by malruma: 11:17pm On Jan 12, 2021
[quote author=MelesZenawi post=97988213][b]Beauty of Democracy In Niger delta Republic.

Soon fight go burst for that place.

The protest na warning as the main fighting is building up.

Nonsense
Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by darfay: 11:18pm On Jan 12, 2021
Balogunodua:

Ijaw has no ward in Warri north......

Sounds like what a Yoruba man would know

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by malruma: 11:18pm On Jan 12, 2021
Hmm
Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by makaveli902: 11:22pm On Jan 12, 2021
jared007:
Aren't the Egbemas indigenes of Warri North? The Itsekiri tho a minority in Delta State were allowed to have a governor so why wouldn't they allow an Egbema minority to rule Warri North?

Is Warri kingdom an Ijaw land? can an Itsekiri man become even a ward councilor in Burutu, nomadic, or Patani Local government?

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by JoeEeL(m): 11:33pm On Jan 12, 2021
IGBOpigs:
PLEASE CAN YOU QUATE THE BIBLE VERSE WHICH ALLOW DRINK BEER ?

I'm neither a Christian nor a Muslim. I don't know the kind of dumb brains you mofos have. Will everyone believe in the silly foreign religions of yours?

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by makaveli902: 11:35pm On Jan 12, 2021
Coolbriz:
OP, abeg make una dey clearify news before posting. This protest is strictly for PDP in Warri North not as you posted. It is PDP that are fighting theirselves not the entire Warri North.

Main reason for this is that the Itsekiris has been ruling that LG through PDP, and there is a MoU between the Ijaws and the Itsekiris as concern the LG and DESOPADEC.

The Ijaws and the Itsekiris shares the chairman of each of the office. Currently the Itsekiris are holding the chairman of both offices, since the past three tenures. Mind you Itsekiris are the minority of the state because they have no LG of their own, they are sharing Warri North and Warri South with the Ijaws and Urhobos respectively, they want to hold every offices. The Ijaws has Three LG of their own and share two LG with other tribes including the Itsekiris.

Let the Itsekiris choose between DESOPADEC and WARRI NORTH LG

Am not Ijaw nor Itsekiris but I live in Warri North and I know what's happening.

So

Obviously you are not enlightened about Warri Kingdom. All the three Warri LGs belongs to the Itsekiris, the fact the Warri is a highly developed metropolis that this why you have other tribes there. be you Uhrobo, Isoko Ijaw or whatever tribe you come from Warri kingdom belongs to the Itsekiris. (I blame the Itsekiris for being to accommodating and complacent for too long)
Can an Itsekiri go to Burutu, Bomadi, or Patani Lg to even contest for Ward Councilor?
I just pray that 1997 crisis will not repeat itself!

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by makaveli902: 11:42pm On Jan 12, 2021
EMMY76:
Greedy selfish people these same itsekiris have never allowed any other ethnic group to become the local govt chairman of warri south lga they have monopolized the office since the creation of the local govt amongst only the itsekiris despite also having the uhrobos and the ijaws as indigens of warri south local govt area. undecided

Even the Ijaws, Uhrobos, you are talking about knows that Warri Kingdom belongs to Itsekiris any other tribe in Warri are just Settlers there being that Warri is cosmopolitan area. It was wise for Babangida to have decided to make the capital of Delta State Asaba.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by makaveli902: 11:46pm On Jan 12, 2021
coputa:

You see this is the problem of being too accommodating to Visitors, when they over stay their welcome they begin to call another man's land as theirs!
1997 crisis brewing!
Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by makaveli902: 11:53pm On Jan 12, 2021
fejikudz:

Nonsense protest

No they are not!
Are you trying to tell me that Ijaws are aborigene to Ondo State, Edo state, Lagos State, just because they are rivers where they can fish there. for your information anywhere there's water you will see an Ijaw man there even as Kebbi state you will Ijaws there. That doesn't mean they own the land. let the go to Burutu, Patani, Bomadi and the likes to contest for political posts.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Protests Against Ijaw Candidacy In LG Elections In Asaba, Delta by makaveli902: 12:00am On Jan 13, 2021
watchindelta:
Here in Italy nothing like tribalism all Italian are equal, even here wey me dey the right wey me get I no even get 10% for my own Country. Nigeria is always a bullshit

It like that because they speak one language (Italian) so regardless of the colour or race so far as you can speak their language you will be accommodated and have a sense of belonging. In NIGERIA IT IS NOT SO!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Edgar’s Handover Was Stopped / Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks / Photos: Ibikunle Amosun Sworn-in For 2nd Term As Governor Of Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.