Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom (32272 Views)

I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise / I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Legitz: 10:53am On Jan 13, 2021
Leave that house for her
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Juliearth(f): 10:55am On Jan 13, 2021
kennywagz:
Hello nairalanders, I know how you felt looking at my post before opening this, but pls know one thing am not a bad person or a foolish son, I just happen to have a *** mom..

The thing is me and my mum almost got into a fight yesterday. Now pls let me explain something to you... I understand how yall love your mother's and would do anything for her, I wish I could say the same for mine.

Anytime my parents get into a quarell my mother won't want to talk or do anything again. She goes to work and comes back late, lies down and sleeps.

It's over 5 months, she doesn't contribute anything, doesn't say anything, does not concern whether the children eat or not because of their quarrel..

I don't fight anyone but if I have a quarrel with my friends or bro, 2 days or the next sef we are talking. He will stay in the room by herself after work while we'll be in the palour eating, She will be in the room sulking.

I once came home and my junior ones told me they were talking about something and laughing and mom came out and said sheybi they are all laughing and very soon they will start crying. Like what kind of mother says that.

If you are looking for woman that curse and swear no one pass my mom.
She has fought every of our neighbors, every last one of them. I can't count how many swear and cursed she has said to my father and even to we the children. My father's brothers and sisters, she has been keeping malice with themsince a month after her wedding. That's over 20 years ago. Something happend and she hates them. If you are seen with your aunt or uncle you'd be in serious trouble.

She has this toxic nature/character always wishing evil for others. If she doesn't like you and she sees you happy it's sadness for her... How can someone be like this.

Today one woman she has quarrelled with had a fight with her brother. My mother was happy, saying e don catch am, laughing and praising God. My father is sick and doesn't even have the strength. They don't talk, she stopped talking to me cause she says me and my dad are always planning what we will eat, that am now the wife abi.

I can't express how hateful I am towards this woman, my heart is full of bitterness towards her.. I can't possibly type everything that I personally go through because it would seem as if I came here just to spite my mother. No matter what, she is still my mother, I am just looking for advice.

I give the children money sometimes when they are angry and I cook the food cause she doesn't do anything. She's sees me as her enemy when you don't want to do it, we should come and be begging you. Everytime we get into a fight for very petty things I always go and beg her, you must beg else you and her are enemies she won't talk to you.. I greet her and she says next time I greet her she will swear for me. This negativity is too much, I am a very Sane person, I won't come and write all this if I ain't pained... I have a father I love and my siblings, but it's this woman now.

Pls what can I do, everyday everytime person go dey beg you for the most unreasonable and petty things, after swear and curses with bad words Don follow steadily.

Like someone rightfully said, this is a cross that you have to carry... But no matter what happens, do not banter or get into fisticuffs with her. She is still your mother. Doing these things would incur curses upon you.

You should write her a letter and have your siblings sign it too, to show their support. In this letter, state out all your grievances with her and also state all those things she is doing that is wrong. Also, make her understand what the likely consequence would be if she doesn't turn a new leaf. When you are sure she has read this letter, you should organize a family dialogue, with your dad and a pastor in attendance. The pastor needs to be here because your mother needs to be prayed for (that doorway of hate, malice, caustic tongue amongst others need to be shut). Your pastor is also in a better position to tell her the dangers of cursing her children...

I totally understand your pain, but do not falter. Pray and remain calm no matter the temptation. Things would turn out right in no time.

3 Likes

Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Skymarshll: 10:56am On Jan 13, 2021
Lifeisgoody:
Its your cross bro. One day, you'll be free
yes i believe same but what u don't know is ur blessings will come from this ur current suffering u are passing through now and like this brother said one day u will certainly be free but the truth still remains, it's not going to be easy, it's only God that can help u, because humanly u are bound to fail in this situation...i mean u can easily do something stupid... But the Lord Is ur strength bro.. I can relate what u are passing through...

1 Like

Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by ogub(m): 10:57am On Jan 13, 2021
kennywagz:
Hello nairalanders, I know how you felt looking at my post before opening this, but pls know one thing am not a bad person or a foolish son, I just happen to have a *** mom..

The thing is me and my mum almost got into a fight yesterday. Now pls let me explain something to you... I understand how yall love your mother's and would do anything for her, I wish I could say the same for mine.

Anytime my parents get into a quarell my mother won't want to talk or do anything again. She goes to work and comes back late, lies down and sleeps.

It's over 5 months, she doesn't contribute anything, doesn't say anything, does not concern whether the children eat or not because of their quarrel..

I don't fight anyone but if I have a quarrel with my friends or bro, 2 days or the next sef we are talking. He will stay in the room by herself after work while we'll be in the palour eating, She will be in the room sulking.

I once came home and my junior ones told me they were talking about something and laughing and mom came out and said sheybi they are all laughing and very soon they will start crying. Like what kind of mother says that.

She has fought every of our neighbors, every last one of them. I can't count how many swear and cursed she has said to my father and even to we the children. My father's brothers and sisters, she has been keeping malice with themsince a month after her wedding. That's over 20 years ago. Something happend and she hates them. If you are seen with your aunt or uncle you'd be in serious trouble.

She has this toxic nature/character always wishing evil for others. If she doesn't like you and she sees you happy it's sadness for her... How can someone be like this.

Today one woman she has quarrelled with had a fight with her brother. My mother was happy, saying e don catch am, laughing and praising God. My father is sick and doesn't even have the strength. They don't talk, she stopped talking to me cause she says me and my dad are always planning what we will eat, that am now the wife abi.

I can't express how hateful I am towards this woman, my heart is full of bitterness towards her.. I can't possibly type everything that I personally go through because it would seem as if I came here just to spite my mother. No matter what, she is still my mother, I am just looking for advice.

I give the children money sometimes when they are angry and I cook the food cause she doesn't do anything. She's sees me as her enemy when you don't want to do it, we should come and be begging you. Everytime we get into a fight for very petty things I always go and beg her, you must beg else you and her are enemies she won't talk to you.. I greet her and she says next time I greet her she will swear for me. This negativity is too much, I am a very Sane person, I won't come and write all this if I ain't pained... I have a father I love and my siblings, but it's this woman now.

Pls what can I do, everyday everytime person go dey beg you for the most unreasonable and petty things, after swear and curses with bad words Don follow steadily.
earnestly pray for her conversion it's only God that can change her
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by PrettySmart(m): 10:58am On Jan 13, 2021
She needs to see a psycotherapist...

Do well to book an appointment for her, coupled with effectual prayer. Delay might be dangerous.
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by factoryreset2: 10:58am On Jan 13, 2021
Kingosytex:
It seems your mum is fed up with the marriage. There are many reasons that can make a woman detest her husband and children so much, the chief of them being that she is already into a relationship with another man...I just hope it is not true.

Bro, no matter what do not fight your mum, I repeat do not fight her...i repeat do not even touch her for any reason.

I suggest you approach her calmly, tell her your mind, ask her certain questions pertaining her attitude and sort out things amicably...If you believe in God, then take your matters to HIM in prayer.

Prayers do more magic than magicians.

Reasonable advice so far
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Rubbiish(m): 10:58am On Jan 13, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
The type of woman a man marries will determine the quality of life a man and his children get.

Your mum is a malicious woman.

To be sincere with you, sometimes a malicious mother is one of the causes of the downfall of the father and children.

People who might want to help will not want to get close to your family all because of your mother. I have seen it many times, ooh, i can't give this guy job because his mother was not nice to me and it goes on and on.

Do your best, leave the house and be a man, believe me, you don't want to be associated with her, help her from afar.

Badluck is infectious.

U made sense
I be nor know say u get sense like this sef
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Divoc19(f): 10:59am On Jan 13, 2021
One word for you bro.

LEAVE home.

As in pack out if you can.
Go for greener pastures (not abroad o)

You won't succeed in life living with her.

When God starts to favour you come back and pick your siblings one by one

kennywagz:

Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by delpee(f): 11:00am On Jan 13, 2021
boxer022:
My brother I have gone through what you wrote and I must confess it is really touching. My advice for you is that since she has abandoned all her wifely duties and motherly duties due to the reason stated, try as much as you can to take care of your younger ones and especially your father. My ernest wish and prayer is that your father does not die from this situation due to hypertension. Talk to him, take very good care of him, console him also, I know he is going through much stress from thinking, please also appeal to him not to give up and wish for his early death because of what he is passing through from your mom. He should console himself knowing he has children who are capable of taking good care of him. As for your mom since she wants to be isolated from the rest of the family, please grant her wish, discuss with your younger ones to dissociate themselves from her, treating her as she is not part of the family. When she sees that you all are taking adequate care of yourselves and your dad I know she will have a rethink. If she doesn't then it is left to her to live her life as she has decided for herself. Less I forget, don't distance yourselves from your uncles and aunties from both sides of the family, go to them for support and advice.

@OP
This summarizes my thoughts. Work with this and please take things easy to avoid mental stress. It's important to maintain a good relationship with your uncles and aunties except if you have good reasons not to.

Take care of your dad very well and ignore your mum as much as possible except basic courtesy and respect as ordained by God. She seems to be one of those who derive pleasure from others misery. There's nothing much you can do about that. God will touch her heart someday or she'll get tired of her self imposed isolation.

Meanwhile train your siblings to take care of the house and your dad so that the burden isn't on you alone.

Have you asked your dad about how they met and got married? Sometimes the foundation is part of the problem.

Also, how does she react when shown some love? You could try that route though your description of her doesn't show that it could work.

Best wishes. You will overcome by God's grace.
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by luminouz(m): 11:01am On Jan 13, 2021
Kingosytex:
It seems your mum is fed up with the marriage. There are many reasons that can make a woman detest her husband and children so much, the chief of them being that she is already into a relationship with another man...I just hope it is not true.

Bro, no matter what do not fight your mum, I repeat do not fight her...i repeat do not even touch her for any reason.

I suggest you approach her calmly, tell her your mind, ask her certain questions pertaining her attitude and sort out things amicably...If you believe in God, then take your matters to HIM in prayer.

I hate it when men come online and start giving the 'approach her calmly, speak your mind bullshiit"

Do you have any idea how many times peeps have tried that shiit and it didn't work? It never works!!!

The best defence against a bully is madness. Show them you are more mad and crazy than them and they would respect you.

3 Likes

Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 13, 2021
kennywagz:
Hello nairalanders, I know how you felt looking at my post before opening this, but pls know ly.
your sanity matters at this stage..
If you have the finance, get out of that house and rent a room outside...
If you can move your siblings, fine...
See, have gone through marital trauma and that's not what I wish even for my enemies.. It will drain you physically..
When you are supposed to think straight or channel your energy into more productive things, it is what is going on in your family that will weigh you down... It will drain you bro and if you are not careful, you might loose your sanity..
You matter
Your life matters
You need your sanity... Stay away and send them money to cater for themselves cos believe me, na who die lose o...
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by tommy589(m): 11:02am On Jan 13, 2021
kennywagz:

I can relate.

Just accept the fact that your mother can not change, it is her nature. She can never see anything good in anyone.

My advice, better hint your friends about your mother's character before they meet her, so it won't be a surprise to them when they see her in her element,or else she push good people away from you

I still wonder why two opposite individuals get married. It still amazes me when unlike charges attract.
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Dchampion65: 11:03am On Jan 13, 2021
Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial.

Rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer.

My advice
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Dami12345: 11:03am On Jan 13, 2021
kennywagz:

Would you take advice if I was willing to offer it?
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Titokellas(f): 11:04am On Jan 13, 2021
This story is related to what I experienced with my step mum. I would advise you forgive her and move out of the house, you will destroy yourself mentally if you remain there. I have been there before, it destroyed me psychologically till I started fighting her (tho I regret it). Leave a toxic environment, cut off to help you remain stable. Trust me when you are not paying attention anymore to her tantrums she will change. Don't give way to the devil to ruin your life like I almost ruined mine. God give you wisdom.
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 13, 2021
Take good care of your sick Father, et siblings. Good luck.
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by virago(f): 11:07am On Jan 13, 2021
SweetCunt97:
You dey mind that ignorant being

This is uncouth , if you don't agree with their submission you don't need to insult them

2 Likes

Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by rajiedreez: 11:07am On Jan 13, 2021
Helloooo,

firstly your dad knows her and married her like that

Secondly she's your mother and not anyone else's

Thirdly she might be bipolar or schizophrenic

Fourthly do you want to tell us that there's been no time ever that she was "sane" and "normal" since you've known her.

Guy if you don't also want to inherit that bitterness from your mom, because as you've well detailed out all her bad characters without saying one good thing she's ever done, it shows that you're subconsciously being bittered about her and do not see anything good about her which is what she also do to other people.

You need to accept your fate and try to manage the situation as your isn't the worst case. So please try love your mom irrespective of her flaws.

Most bipolar & schizophrenic patients do not accept that they're suffering from it
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Kingosytex(m): 11:07am On Jan 13, 2021
TruthSeeker1:
I believe there's something your mum is not satisfied or happy with in her marriage which is subconsciously and uncontrollably making her to be bitter and hateful. To worsen the situation, she has a choleric personality (she's bad-tempered and irritable). If you reciprocate her bitterness with hatred (which is how you would want to react naturally), you would only aggravate her bitterness and make her more hateful.
The best approach to change your mum for the better is for you (and your siblings) to show her love (genuinely or pretendingly) despite her dislikable attitudes. Don't ever give her the impression that you hate her for being who she is.
Talk to her lovingly and play with her cheerfully. Show her that you love and care for her. Stop being angry at her. I know this may be hard for you to do (considering how she behaves and treats you), but that's the best chance you have of ever changing her to a better person.
When she perceives such love coming from you (and other members of the family), it will be hard for her to remain bitter and malicious.
[b]JUST AS YOU USE WATER TO QUENCH FIRE, YOU USE LOVE TO QUENCH HATRED[/b]

At the italicised, boss I love that line.
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Codes151(m): 11:07am On Jan 13, 2021
Maybe psychological. But this a thread I’d avoid because I have no capacity to advice.

Goodluck.
Stay strong
Stay prayerful.
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by thesmallgod(m): 11:08am On Jan 13, 2021
merieam16:

If u really wana live in peace with her do wat makes her happy or jejely leave the house and av ur peace
Human are not robot. We have feelings and our tolerance defer. She's d only one that can make herself happy. No matter what the guy does, she will always find fault. She's unrepentant sadist

1 Like

Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by The5DME(m): 11:09am On Jan 13, 2021
cc: billyonaire666 timetraveller369 your help is needed here sir.
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by The5DME(m): 11:10am On Jan 13, 2021
All the comments so far shows you all lack understanding on life.
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by thelinguist: 11:13am On Jan 13, 2021
The5DME:
All the comments so far shows you all lack understanding on life.
ITK

1 Like

Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Kingosytex(m): 11:14am On Jan 13, 2021
luminouz:

I hate it when men come online and start giving the 'approach her calmly, speak your mind bullshiit"

Do you have any idea how many times peeps have tried that shiit and it didn't work? It never works!!!

The best defence against a bully is madness. Show them you are more mad and crazy than them and they would respect you.

Solving a problem by creating another problem doesn't mean you've solved any problem.

Think!!!! undecided
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Juliearth(f): 11:14am On Jan 13, 2021
Kingosytex:

I don't think she is fed up with the marriage. If that is the case, she won't lash at the kids, neighbours and everybody. She has some deeply rooted issues that have to be unearthed and solved.
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by lanreHeda: 11:14am On Jan 13, 2021
rajiedreez:
Helloooo,

firstly your dad knows her and married her like that

Secondly she's your mother and not anyone else's

Thirdly she might be bipolar

Fourthly do you want to tell us that there's been no time ever that she was "sane" and "normal" since you've known her.

Guy if you don't also want to inherit that bitterness from your mom, because as you've well detailed out all her bad characters without saying one good thing she's ever done, it shows that you're subconsciously being bittered about her and do not see anything good about her which is what she also do to other people.

You need to accept your fate and try to manage the situation as your isn't the worst case. So please try love your mom irrespective of her flaws.

Most bipolar patients do not accept that they're suffering from it
So people should accept being treated shabbily, Cursed and starved by someone because the person has been nice to them in past �.

1 Like

Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by harmony75: 11:14am On Jan 13, 2021
the mom of the house is stressed all you need do is to do is make her happy no matter what she does just make sure you don't add to her stress..she's could be stress from her job, your dad's health she's worried children s school admission, the enviroment so pls and pls don't join people to criticize your mom..she just need you guys around her to understand her more.. I know what you're going through because I leave with someone like her. cook and give her care for her and Dad and God will continue to bless you! ����
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Icetech: 11:15am On Jan 13, 2021
kennywagz:
Am 20 and still in school, if school has resumed now... I'd leave and be free of all this her characters and attitudes, she just left for work this morning like she always do and come back late at night and sleep. This has been going close to 5 months now

My brother, what kind of work does your mother do that makes her come back late in the night and for that matter goes straight to the bed and sleeps off?
The bitter truth is that she is in a relationship with someone else, they have good time out there every day before she comes back.

My Advice... Track her and see if you can pin something on her. Make sure you get an evidence if possible, then you have won!

Your father can now officially divorce her based on infidelity and you people can be free..

1 Like

Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 13, 2021
kennywagz:

Ur num might be suffering from a mental health issue
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 13, 2021
Go and have a heart to heart talk with your father.
Ask him questions. a man should ask.
Ask him how and where he met your mom,
Ask him what made him like/love her.
Ask him that was he the one that choose her as a life partner or his friends/ parent recomended her to him.
Ask him that how many month/year did they date before getting married.
Please urge him to be sincere.
I bet you, from his answers you will realise that your dad was blind all these while, he wasnt in full control while choosing her.
Your dad likes big boobs, big yadsh, yellow color, he wasnt seeing through whom he wanted to spend his life with..
Here comes the test of whom he chose, he has health issues, can his partner your mom be his help mate in humility and love?
Your dad failed.
And thats all.
Buh the responsibility falls on you, you can choose to carry it or leave it.
When the foundation is faulty what can the righteous which is (you) do?
The best you can do is get out of that house, go live elsewhere.
Dont live in that toxic place, else you ll began to sink in and be toxic too.
You were able to detect it because its not your thing, so since its not your nature leave it to those that enjoy it, get out of that house,
now you want to be a man, its time to step up be a man, get your own crib, create your peaceful world, or stay a boy, remain there with them enjoy the toxic environ and dont complain.
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Kingosytex(m): 11:16am On Jan 13, 2021
Juliearth:

I don't think she is fed up with the marriage. If that is the case, she won't lash at the kids, neighbours and everybody. She has some deeply rooted issues that have to be unearthed and solved.

It is very likely she is fed up.

The above scenario almost played out in my uncle's life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wife Drags Husband To Court For Calling Her ”prostitute” / Help! I'm Feeling Guilty Of Ruining Someone's Marriage / HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.