Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives (2111 Views)

Jonathan’s Camp Kicks Over 2019 PDP Zoning / PDP NORTH 2019. Dead On Arrival / Presidential Poll: How Jonathan Will Beat Buhari In North – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by Kobojunkie: 8:18pm On Mar 31, 2011
My apologies @Texxazzpete but I just felt this needs it's own thread!

texazzpete:

Look at this muppet!

Your candidate GEJ goes around promising Northerners 'juicy positions' in his cabinet. He's made a pledge to step aside in 2015 for a Northerner.[size=13pt]His godfather (Obasanjo) even hinted to all and sundry in the finale of his campaign that power will revert back to the North.
So what you're really jubilating about now is another 12 years of PDP misrule. 4 years for GEJ, then Sambo gets another 8 years (He's a northerner so it shouldn't be an uphill task like what Jonathan faces).

You clowns aren't weakening the north, you're appeasing them temporarily and strengthening them for the long run while simultaneously voting in the most corrupt party in Africa.[/size]

The smart people will vote for change. We'll use Buhari to sweep these PDP rascals away.

Join us now or be prepared to shamefully confess to your children how you helped to sabotage Nigeria's future.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=633731.msg8007804#msg8007804
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by cheikh: 9:16pm On Mar 31, 2011
@Op
PDP is not Nigeria nor Nigeria PDP smiley whatever OBJ thinks or not. Intra-PDP politics should not be given undue precedence over national issues such as Jos etc. It's PDP decision and choice. I am more concerned about the organisational and 'selling' strengths of other competing political parties to counterbalance the perceived overarching power of the PDP. It is 'democracy' wink after all.
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by dayokanu(m): 9:24pm On Mar 31, 2011
What says GEJ wont go for a 2nd term?
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by Kobojunkie: 9:27pm On Mar 31, 2011
Well, he will need to amend the constitution to do that, and I doubt Obasanjo(if still alive then) would have enough answers to pacify the Northern leaders then. grin
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by dayokanu(m): 9:28pm On Mar 31, 2011
No. If he wins , It would be GEJ's first term

And constitutionally has a right to 2 terms or am I missing something
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by Kobojunkie: 9:32pm On Mar 31, 2011
dayokanu:

Are you certain? Because I think his appointment meant his first term.
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by ektbear: 9:32pm On Mar 31, 2011
dayokanu:

You are 100% correct.
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by Kobojunkie: 9:36pm On Mar 31, 2011
dayokanu:

I just checked . . . you are right. It is based on election. But I don't think that makes the Northern block go away if a second term is attempted.
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by dayokanu(m): 9:39pm On Mar 31, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Are you certain? Because I think his appointment meant his first term.

I think so. Because he has never been elected as president before.

Similar case to Alao-Akala seeking his "own" second term despite using part of Ladojas term
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by cheikh: 12:54am On Apr 01, 2011
Kobojunkie
But I don't think that makes the Northern block go away if a second term is attempted.

@Kobojunkie

They don't have to go away but plan a better political strategy to wrest power based on simple [b]democratic [/b]principles after all we have three Northerners as presidential candidates for different parties. PDP party politics should not define our national politics if other political parties were organised and serious.

Lucky Joe may or may not stand for a second term if he 'wins' sad. That's PDP internal politics. I sincerely don't care about their intra-PDP agreements/zoning etc. It's 'democracy'. Nobody can stop anybody from running for office if it's [b]within the Law [/b]of the land hence the other Northern candidates are running too. Zoning is not part of our national constitution. The Nigerian media and other parties made too much brouhaha of 'Zoning' because of laziness instead of concentrating on their own strengths and highlighting the weaknesses of the others to the voters.
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by Kobojunkie: 12:56am On Apr 01, 2011
cheikh:

Kobojunkie
@Kobojunkie

They don't have to go away but plan a better political strategy to wrest power based on simple [b]democratic [/b]principles after all we have three Northerners as presidential candidates for different parties. PDP party politics should not define our national politics if other political parties were organised and serious.

Lucky Joe may or may not stand for a second term if he 'wins' sad. That's PDP internal politics. I sincerely don't care about their intra-PDP agreements/zoning etc. It's 'democracy'. Nobody can stop anybody from running for office if it's [b]within the Law [/b]of the land hence the other Northern candidates are running too. Zoning is not part of our national constitution. The Nigerian media and other parties made too much brouhaha of 'Zoning' because of laziness instead of concentrating on their own strengths and highlighting the weaknesses of the others to the voters.

Nowhere in the above has anyone so far suggested that this is National Politics --- the discussion is still on PDP Politics, which, as you may know, has prevailed for the past 12 years.

Within the PDP, the Zoning agreement still exists so, come 2015, it is possible that support will be denied based on that to Jonathan, if he should win this time around and then try for a second term. In fact, I should say that whether Jonathan runs for a second term or not, it is highly likely that the party will go back to honoring it's Zonal pact, and that might mean 8 more years of Northern rule.
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by cheikh: 1:27am On Apr 01, 2011
Kobojunkie
Nowhere in the above has anyone so far suggested that this is National Politics --- the discussion is still on PDP Politics, which, as you may know, has prevailed for the past 12 years.

Within the PDP, the Zoning agreement still exists so, come 2015, it is possible that support will be denied based on that to Jonathan, if he should win this time around and then try for a second term.

@Kobojunkie
PDP have prevailed for 12 years, they have the Zoning agreement within their Party and Jonathan may not be able to go for a second term if he wins based on that agreement. Well, I am not too concerned about that per se. His decision most probably will be predicated on his perceived "good performance" by the electorate next time if he "Performs" perceptibly well after his first term if he wins. I hope not grin. I don't think he's ambitious enough to break ranks with his PDP cohorts next time. He's done so already and that's enough for him and for the Zoning
Party.
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by odumchi: 1:35am On Apr 01, 2011
If there is a northerner in 2015 rather than an Igbo, There will be a revolution. We will break free or die trying. Igbo 2015, no questions asked or else, Nigeria will be the next Libya.

Whos with me?
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by jason123: 1:39am On Apr 01, 2011
odumchi:

If there is a northerner in 2015 rather than an Igbo, There will be a revolution. We will break free or die trying. Igbo 2015, no questions asked or else, Nigeria will be the next Libya.

Whos with me?

ROMFLMAO!!!! but you have a valid point!

I mean, we southerners now use zoning when it fits us and when it doesn't, we deny it with our lives.
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by cheikh: 1:50am On Apr 01, 2011
odumchi

Whos with me?

@odumchi
It's democracy not zoning or quota system let alone 'selection'. You or your candidate have to be credible and viable for the electorate to vote for you or your preferred candidate. It's not about Igbo this or that or northerner. That's the beauty of 'democracy' grin
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by odumchi: 3:35am On Apr 01, 2011
Are you saying that there has not been an Igbo man fit to be president after 50 years? Every major ethnicity has produced a president but due to democracy, Igbo shall not lead?
cheikh:

odumchi
@odumchi
It's  democracy not zoning or quota system let alone 'selection'. You or your candidate have to be credible and viable for the electorate to vote for you or your preferred candidate. It's not about Igbo this or that or northerner. That's the beauty of 'democracy' grin
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by Kobojunkie: 3:45am On Apr 01, 2011
cheikh:

Kobojunkie

@Kobojunkie
PDP have prevailed for 12 years, they have the Zoning agreement within their Party and Jonathan may not be able to go for a second term if he wins based on that agreement. Well, I am not too concerned about that per se. His decision most probably will be predicated on his perceived "good performance" by the electorate next time if he "Performs" perceptibly well after his first term if he wins. I hope not grin. I don't think he's ambitious enough to break ranks with his PDP cohorts next time. He's done so already and that's enough for him and for the Zoning
Party.

Well, whether we like it or not, it seems Zoning is not going away . .  . If anything, it seems to be coming back - - - - even the Ibos who formally said NO, are now saying they want Zoning so they can get a chance at AsoRock should Jonathan not get a second term. It is sort of not clear since we are deep into elections, but I suspect Zoning is still going to stage a comeback come next election season. Even Jonathan is said to be working on implementing zoning on re-election -- Nwodo's replacement is to be replaced with an Ibo, I read. Not certain how true that is but so far no the news has not be shot down by any Ibo group.
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by dannyboy10: 7:35am On Apr 01, 2011
I urge every northerner from benue,plateau,taraba,kogi to produce the next president after Goodluck, when this muslim core north talk about zoining they think is meant for them? There r 19 northern state, when it comes to numbers they include the christian north when it comes to benefits they say its for the muslim, this must stop, the christain north should go for the next zone.
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by cheikh: 10:20pm On Apr 01, 2011
Kobojunkie
Zoning is not going away . . . If anything, it seems to be coming back - - - - even the Ibos who formally said NO, are now saying they want Zoning so they can get a chance at AsoRock should Jonathan not get a second term.

@Kobojunkie

They obviously have good reasons for 'Zoning' but for the Country/Nation it's a recipe for mediocrity. The Igbo are confused and will go for any expedient decision and never the [b]long [/b]view, hence there is not an identifiable serious Igbo politician in the mould of Fashola or Shekarau sad. The Igbo probably need Zoning than other groups in Nigeria because of their perceived 'historical' handicap. I may be wrong cheesy. They, like other Nigerians have not learnt how to play 'National' politics as to cut across 'boundaries'. I believe Fashola and perhaps Shekarau, have the desirable political traits real or imagined for the future.
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by dayokanu(m): 10:34pm On Apr 01, 2011
dannyboy10:

I urge every northerner from benue,plateau,taraba,kogi to produce the next president after Goodluck, when this muslim core north talk about zoining they think is meant for them? There r 19 northern state, when it comes to numbers they include the christian north when it comes to benefits they say its for the muslim, this must stop, the christain north should go for the next zone.

In Nigeria history

OBJ A SW xtian ruled for 11yrs followed by Gowon a NC Xtian from Plateau for 9yrs. Next babangida a NC moslem from Niger for 8yrs

These 3 guys have ruled from more than half of our independence and they are not from the core North Moslem states.

Which disproves your theory
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by opalu: 11:15pm On Apr 01, 2011
make your choice

Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 01, 2011
And you believe GEJ wont contest in 2015?
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by opalu: 11:32pm On Apr 01, 2011
yes o

Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by Kobojunkie: 2:16am On Apr 02, 2011
cheikh:

I may be wrong cheesy. They, like other Nigerians have not learnt how to play 'National' politics as to cut across 'boundaries'. I believe Fashola and perhaps Shekarau, have the desirable political traits real or imagined for the future.

I agree with the portion in bold, but I do have to ask then why we should be against zoning at the Party national levels when it seems it is enforced at the state levels. If the majority of those produced at state levels turn out to be products of zoning, how then do we expect to find only the best at the national levels?
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by ektbear: 2:28am On Apr 02, 2011
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by Chyz2: 2:40am On Apr 02, 2011
I'm still trying to figure out why getting Igbos on one's side is so so important to the northerners. I mean, just vote how YOU want. Don't worry about whether we get presidency in 4 years, 8, or 84,lol.
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by Kobojunkie: 2:42am On Apr 02, 2011
^^^ what do you mean?
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by Chyz2: 2:43am On Apr 02, 2011
Also, are you, the OP, saying that Buhari will step down for an Igbo in 2015 or beyond? Are we that much of royalty for people to step down for us just because we are Igbos? Where did you get this logic from?
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by Chyz2: 2:44am On Apr 02, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ what do you mean?

Its no secret this thread centers around Igbos and the whole 2015 nonsense.
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by Kobojunkie: 2:52am On Apr 02, 2011
Chyz*:

Its no secret this thread centers around Igbos and the whole 2015 nonsense.

oh yes! If you followed the link to the original thread, you will find how the response came about.
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by efisher(m): 2:53am On Apr 02, 2011
Chyz*:

Also, are you, the OP, saying that Buhari will step down for an Igbo in 2015 or beyond? Are we that much of royalty for people to step down for us just because we are Igbos? Where did you get this logic from?

Valid point you have made there. The issue of zoning crumbles when other parties come into the picture. With the way politics is structured in Nigeria, zoning can only be discussed at the party levels. It can not be reliably used as a tool to score political points against opposing parties.
Re: 4 Years Of Goodluck Will Lead To 8 Years For Pdp North -- Pdp Zoning Still Lives by cheikh: 9:05pm On Apr 02, 2011
Kobojunkie
I do have to ask then why we should be against zoning at the Party national levels when it seems it is enforced at the state levels. If the majority of those produced at state levels turn out to be products of zoning, how then do we expect to find only the best at the national levels?

@Kobojunkie

I don't think anybody should be overly worried about Zoning at the Party national level because it's an intra- party arrangement and not Nigeria national policy.

I am against zoning because it is a recipe for[b] mediocrity[/b]. On the state levels, I can understand the 'special' peculiarity of some states 'Nigeria in miniature'- actual ethnic, religious and language diversity such as ' some northern states'- Kaduna , Bornu, Gongola, Plateau, Delta, Rivers, Cross-river states. Those states obviously want to be inclusive but political parties should not promote nor organise primarily with zoning as a guarantee for inadequate, ill equipped party members. If Nigeria was a developed place, where information, knowledge and education are taken for granted, zoning on state levels will be unnecessary. Unfortunately it isn't. Presently, sentiments and not reason is the norm in Nigeria politics because ignorance and poverty are strange bedfellows and pervasive. The professional politicians are very much aware of this fact especially on the local and state levels sad.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Multimillionaires You May Not Know - Forbes / Prof Chukwuma Soludo Campaign Thread. / 10 Top Things Nigerians Now Accept As Normal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.