Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,707 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) (945 Views)

Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State / Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) / Bat Sent From The Village To Our Home Hangs Dead On Our Electric Pole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by gabbijason(m): 5:47am On Jan 13, 2021
John 1:6-7
There was a man sent from God whose name was John.
The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

The life of John the Baptist was a testimony of a man who came to this earth on a divine agenda. He didn't come to this world to play games. His mission was definite and that was to prepare the ground for Jesus Christ the messiah!

Ever since I set my eyes on this scripture, I have been confronted with this question. Daily I asked myself; Yhuki, are you sent from God? Has your life reflected this reality? Can people say categorically that we are living the life God wants us to live. This should call for a sober reflection.

John the Baptist came to prepare people for the first coming of Jesus, and we have been given a much higher task to prepare the world for His second coming. How far are you going about that? Our life is not just a tea party, we didn't come just to get educated, get married, have kids and make money. No! We have been called with a heavenly calling. We were sent to this world
as ministers to reconcile people back to God.

1 Timothy 1:15
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Jesus came to this world to save us from sin, haven received His Salvation, we have be given a mandate to save others through the preaching of the Gospel. We have all been called to ministry which is to reconcile people back to Christ, to win souls for Him! It's not just for pastors, it's for every Christian.

Read this

2 Corinthians 5:18
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Mark 16:15
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

How long are going to keep wasting time and fooling around? The time is shorter than ever before. Now is the time to burn for Jesus. Let it be said in your office, school, business place that you are sent from God. Begin an Outreach where ever you are, pray for the sick, feed the hungry, give to the poor according to your capacity. this is the reason you came to this world. This is your primary assignment,everything else is secondary.

Don't meet him on the last day without souls to greet Him with, don't go empty handed. Write your name in history books as a man or a woman sent from God. As you go out today? Make up your mind you are going to tell somebody about Jesus. Receive the grace now in the name of Jesus!

If you are not saved yet or you want to reaffirm Jesus's Lordship over your life, say this along!

Prayer

Jesus, I come before you to ask for your mercy, I believe you died on the cross to save me from sin. Right now, I accept you as my Lord and saviour. From today I am your son and you are my father. Amen

If you prayed this prayer along, kindly send me a message. Through any of our social media handle
Yhuki Peters Oshodin
Instagram/Twitter: @yhuki_omo_oba

Culled from Rhemadaily by Yhuki Peters.

Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by Myer(m): 6:58am On Jan 13, 2021
gabbijason:
John 1:6-7
There was a man sent from God whose name was John.
The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

Culled from Rhemadaily by Yhuki Peters.

Isn't it interesting to you that example you have is from the bible and not reality?

According to the bible when God calls a man, there's a revelation beforehand to his parents.

With the disciples, Jesus himself called them.

Pastors these days were not called. They simply grew up in the church and when they were not successful at business they decided to go into the church business.

Otherwise when God calls you according to the bible, miracles as recorded in the bible also follow.
It's amazing the things pastors now call miracles. such as waking up, being healthy, getting a job, etc.

Whereas miracle as seen in the bible were not general experiences everyone has but unique experience such as someone born blind getting to see, the red sea parting, feeding 5000 with only 5 bread and 2 fishes, etc.

My point is, you and whoever wrote this never had a prophecy that you woulr be born to serve God. You never truly knew from your childhood that you were born to liberate nations. You simply heard your pastor tell you how important it is to serve God and since other aspects of your life weren't successful you decided to try your luck in church business.

No offense, just scripturally speaking.
Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:24am On Jan 13, 2021
In ancient times the invitation to become a man of God was was restricted to only one race (Israelites) God speaks to this nation through selected men known as PROPHETS but after the coming of Jesus Christ there was nothing like the man of God again {Hebrews 1:1-2} WHY? because every follower of Christ should be a man of God as each of them goes to meet people in their homes to preach and teach God's word to pagans in their neighbourhood. Matthew 28:19-20

Amongst Jesus' true followers they don't refer to anyone as "man of God" because all of them are believers (God's children) so they're all men and women of God.

Therefore there is no special calling, the invitation to serve God as evangizers is blown open to all those who accept Christ! John 1:12

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by gabbijason(m): 9:21am On Jan 13, 2021
Myer:

Isn't it interesting to you that example you have is from the bible and not reality?

According to the bible when God calls a man, there's a revelation beforehand to his parents.

With the disciples, Jesus himself called them.

Pastors these days were not called. They simply grew up in the church and when they were not successful at business they decided to go into the church business.

Otherwise when God calls you according to the bible, miracles as recorded in the bible also follow.
It's amazing the things pastors now call miracles. such as waking up, being healthy, getting a job, etc.

Whereas miracle as seen in the bible were not general experiences everyone has but unique experience such as someone born blind getting to see, the red sea parting, feeding 5000 with only 5 bread and 2 fishes, etc.

My point is, you and whoever wrote this never had a prophecy that you woulr be born to serve God. You never truly knew from your childhood that you were born to liberate nations. You simply heard your pastor tell you how important it is to serve God and since other aspects of your life weren't successful you decided to try your luck in church business.

No offense, just scripturally speakinkg.

You missed it 100�

If you read through correctly, you will understand the reason for this post is not about pastors.. But about the ministry of ministry of every Christian, anyone who is born again. The post is not about starting a church building or administration. So no point taking about joblessness or pastor blah blah blah. It's the responsibility of every Christian to burn for Christ, win soul for Him because He's coming for His Church soon and doesn't want any soul to perish. The Church will be raptured any moment from now, and if you are a Christian, quit these unlearn attacks and join other believers in this end time harvest. This is not about a starting church or collecting offerings. It's strictly about evangelism and making an impact.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by gabbijason(m): 9:29am On Jan 13, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
In ancient times the invitation to become a man of God was was restricted to only one race (Israelites) God speaks to this nation through selected men known as PROPHETS but after the coming of Jesus Christ there was nothing like the man of God again {Hebrews 1:1-2} WHY? because every follower of Christ should be a man of God as each of them goes to meet people in their homes to preach and teach God's word to pagans in their neighbourhood. Matthew 28:19-20

Amongst Jesus' true followers they don't refer to anyone as "man of God" because all of them are believers (God's children) so they're all men and women of God.

Therefore there is no special calling, the invitation to serve God as evangizers is blown open to all those who accept Christ! John 1:12

May you have PEACE! smiley

If you read my post... What you wrote now is precisely what I mean. Read it again. Every Christian has been given a ministry of reconciliation. To win souls for Christ. Maybe you were misled by the title. You can quote any part of the article that suggests any thing different from what you just send. The title is suppose to lure you to read the main article.

Bless you my brother in Christ

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by gabbijason(m): 10:08am On Jan 13, 2021
gabbijason:

Jesus came to this world to save us from sin, haven received His Salvation, we have be given a mandate to save others through the preaching of the Gospel. We have all been called to ministry which is to reconcile people back to Christ, to win souls for Him! It's not just for pastors, it's for every Christian.

Read this

2 Corinthians 5:18
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Cc maxindahouse
Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:44am On Jan 13, 2021
This generation is faithless!
They love deceit!
They want someone to be called "Man of God" so that such a person will be restricted to certain lifestyles while the Men of Satan need no restraint.
Who is deceiving who?
They want to go to heaven but when it comes to holiness they want to be exempted. That's why those ones are playing along, defrauding them, sleeping with their wives and daughters, and claiming it's what the holy ghost requested! 2Timothy 3:13

So don't worry my friend, Jesus said "you will know the truth and the truth will set you free" John 8:32

But what about those who love falsehood? John 3:19

God bless you! smiley

gabbijason:

Cc maxindahouse
Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by bixton(m): 5:19pm On Jan 13, 2021
[quote author=Myer post=98004320]

According to the bible when God calls a man, there's a revelation beforehand to his parents

With the disciples, Jesus himself called them

No offense, just scripturally speaking[/quote]

1) Please can you throw more insight on bold 1 and 2. Trying quoting the Scripture that gives backing to bold 1 without contradicting bold bold 2?

2) Please kindly explain the spiritual inclination you're speaking from?
Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by Myer(m): 7:04pm On Jan 13, 2021
gabbijason:

You missed it 100�

If you read through correctly, you will understand the reason for this post is not about pastors.. But about the ministry of ministry of every Christian, anyone who is born again. The post is not about starting a church building or administration. So no point taking about joblessness or pastor blah blah blah. It's the responsibility of every Christian to burn for Christ, win soul for Him because He's coming for His Church soon and doesn't want any soul to perish. The Church will be raptured any moment from now, and if you are a Christian, quit these unlearn attacks and join other believers in this end time harvest. This is not about a starting church or collecting offerings. It's strictly about evangelism and making an impact.

Conversion is different from calling.

Conversion is general. Similar to being born a Jew in the old testament.

Being called refers to having a defined purpose after your conversion that is unique to you like the afore-listed names.

In the new testament we also saw Peter being sent. Paul and Barnabas being separated by the Holy spirit and sent to the Gentiles.
Philip was sent to preach to the eunuch, etc.
Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by Myer(m): 7:12pm On Jan 13, 2021
gabbijason:

If you read my post... What you wrote now is precisely what I mean. Read it again. Every Christian has been given a ministry of reconciliation. To win souls for Christ. Maybe you were misled by the title. You can quote any part of the article that suggests any thing different from what you just send. The title is suppose to lure you to read the main article.

Bless you my brother in Christ

Here is where you missed it again. Every one may preach but you have to be sent.

Romans 10:14-15
How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard?c And how are they to hear without someone preaching? 15 And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!”
Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by gabbijason(m): 8:12pm On Jan 13, 2021
Myer:

Here is where you missed it again. Every one may preach but you have to be sent.

How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard?c And how are they to hear without someone preaching? 15 And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!”

This post wasn't created for arguments, or but to encourage every Christian of the need to preach the gospel vehemently by every means necessary. Now if you think thats wrong teaching then I question your Christianity.

Secondly, there is a difference between the ministry gifts(the gifts of an Apostle, prophets, teachers evangelists and pastors) as shown in Eph 4:11 and the ministry of every believer; which is the ministry of reconciliation to preach the gospel to the lost and reconcile them back to God. The ministry gifts are special calling and gifts to provide leadership for the church, while the ministry of every believer is to preach the gospel to unbelievers. Again if you don't agree with that, then you should read your Bible again.

The ministry gifts are specific calling given by Jesus through the Holy Spirit. But as a Christian, you don't need any other calling to preach the gospel, this is our mission on earth to reach the lost. And you have to join in this mission. This is what this post is able. Nobody is calling himself to be a Pastor, the owner of the church(Jesus) appoints whom He deem fit through the working of the Holy Ghost.

Shalom
Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:15pm On Jan 13, 2021
Jesus SENT all his true followers out saying "Go therefore and make disciples" Matthew 28:19 smiley

Myer:

Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by gabbijason(m): 8:20pm On Jan 13, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Jesus SENT all his true followers out saying "Go therefore and make disciples" Matthew 28:19 smiley

True... So what's the point in your story?
Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:28pm On Jan 13, 2021
I can't grasp the underlined! undecided

gabbijason:

True... So what's the point in your story?

Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by Myer(m): 5:16am On Jan 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

This is what happens when you just pick verses randomly without studying the background.
Not every verse in the bible is for everyone.
He was speaking exclusively here, not to all who believed in him or followed him but to the 11 disciples he sent.

Mark 16:14-17
Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen. 15And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

And that's why signs followed them cos his power was with them.
Any zealous person can preach but only the sent yield results.

In the same vein, when Paul was sent, he achieved results. If you're picking verses at random you might as swell say that you were sent like Paul to the gentiles or you were sent to feed his sheep like Peter.
Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by Myer(m): 5:23am On Jan 14, 2021
gabbijason:

This post wasn't created for arguments, or but to encourage every Christian of the need to preach the gospel vehemently by every means necessary. Now if you think thats wrong teaching then I question your Christianity.

Secondly, there is a difference between the ministry gifts(the gifts of an Apostle, prophets, teachers evangelists and pastors) as shown in Eph 4:11 and the ministry of every believer; which is the ministry of reconciliation to preach the gospel to the lost and reconcile them back to God. The ministry gifts are special calling and gifts to provide leadership for the church, while the ministry of every believer is to preach the gospel to unbelievers. Again if you don't agree with that, then you should read your Bible again.

The ministry gifts are specific calling given by Jesus through the Holy Spirit. But as a Christian, you don't need any other calling to preach the gospel, this is our mission on earth to reach the lost. And you have to join in this mission. This is what this post is able. Nobody is calling himself to be a Pastor, the owner of the church(Jesus) appoints whom He deem fit through the working of the Holy Ghost.

Shalom

Why do you think there is the ministry of Evangelists if is for everyone?

Cos by your meaning, everyone is also an Apostle, teacher, pastor and prophet.
Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by gabbijason(m): 7:24am On Jan 14, 2021
Myer:

Why do you think there is the ministry of Evangelists if is for everyone?

Cos by your meaning, everyone is also an Apostle, teacher, pastor and prophet.

Let me put it this way so you can get it.

Everybody sings but some are Gifted singers.

Alot of people prophesy, but their is an office of a prophet.

Jesus told us many signs shall follow the believer, the shall heal the sick,, cast out devil, yet their is the special office of an Apostle, and there is the special gift of working miracles.

Everyone can teach the Bible, but there are Gifted and called teachers specifically Gifted in that area.

Jesus told all of His disciples to go into all the world and preach the gospel. Yet He called some specifically as Evangelists.

Is there any part that you disagree on? We can look at scriptures together in this regard.

Shalom!
Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:26am On Jan 14, 2021
Let's go back to that verse again! smiley

And Jesus came and spoke to them saying "All power has been given to me in heaven and on earth, therefore go and PREACH to all the nations baptizing them in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit. Teaching them to observe all the things i've commanded you and look i am with you always until the end of the world" Matthew 28:18-20

Please Mr Myer,
How many countries did the 11 Apostles reach?
How many people were baptized through them?
How many individuals did they teach personally?
Are these 11 still around today?
Has the world ended?
Is Jesus still working with the 11 today?
When did he made this statement?
Was he with the 11 alone or the 500 disciples who saw him last?
Now that none of them is here today, has that command ended?

Myer:

This is what happens when you just pick verses randomly without studying the background.
Not every verse in the bible is for everyone.
He was speaking exclusively here, not to all who believed in him or followed him but to the 11 disciples he sent.

Mark 16:14-17
Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen. 15And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

And that's why signs followed them cos his power was with them.
Any zealous person can preach but only the sent yield results.

In the same vein, when Paul was sent, he achieved results. If you're picking verses at random you might as swell say that you were sent like Paul to the gentiles or you were sent to feed his sheep like Peter.
Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by Myer(m): 9:00am On Jan 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Let's go back to that verse again! smiley

And Jesus came and spoke to them saying "All power has been given to me in heaven and on earth, therefore go and PREACH to all the nations baptizing them in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit. Teaching them to observe all the things i've commanded you and look i am with you always until the end of the world" Matthew 28:18-20

Please Mr Myer,
How many countries did the 11 Apostles reach?
How many people were baptized through them?
How many individuals did they teach personally?
Are these 11 still around today?
Has the world ended?
Is Jesus still working with the 11 today?
When did he made this statement?
Was he with the 11 alone or the 500 disciples who saw him last?
Now that none of them is here today, has that command ended?

Juxtapose the verse I shared with Ephesians 4:11-13.
Not all his disciples are sent to evangelize.

Out of the new converts he will also send some to evangelize.
The same way he chose 11 disciples out of the many disciples. He also still chooses out of the new converts who to evangelize.

Are you also a prophet? Do you speak in tongues, do you work miracles? These are according to his gifts.
Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:35am On Jan 14, 2021
So you now agreed that each disciples have their assignment as followers of Christ.
Now let's treat Ephesians 4:11-13!
Apostles Paul was talking to Christians from Ephesus who wants to work for God but don't know that each disciple had his own gift.
So was is telling them that they shouldn't think of themselves too much as to feel special than one another because whether you're an Apostle, Teacher, Prophet, Shepherd or Evangelizer all are gifts from God, so you should be contented that you're privileged to work with God. The body of Christ (Congregation/Church) is what we're all working with God's Holy Spirit to build. And when the Spiritual construction of the body is complete people from near and far could SEE the works of God's Holy Spirit as the gifts are put to good use for positive result! smiley

But there is no single member of the Christian congregation that is NOT SENT to preach and teach in their neighbourhood. Please read the Bible book of Acts of the Apostles and try to figure out if there are members of the Christian congregation back then that weren't commissioned to PREACH and TEACH! smiley

Myer:

Juxtapose the verse I shared with Ephesians 4:11-13.
Not all his disciples are sent to evangelize.
Out of the new converts he will also send some to evangelize.
The same way he chose 11 disciples out of the many disciples. He also still chooses out of the new converts who to evangelize.
Are you also a prophet? Do you speak in tongues, do you work miracles? These are according to his gifts.
Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by Myer(m): 10:16am On Jan 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
So you now agreed that each disciples have their assignment as followers of Christ.
Now let's treat Ephesians 4:11-13!
Apostles Paul was talking to Christians from Ephesus who wants to work for God but don't know that each disciple had his own gift.
So was is telling them that they shouldn't think of themselves too much as to feel special than one another because whether you're an Apostle, Teacher, Prophet, Shepherd or Evangelizer all are gifts from God, so you should be contented that you're privileged to work with God. The body of Christ (Congregation/Church) is what we're all working with God's Holy Spirit to build. And when the Spiritual construction of the body is complete people from near and far could SEE the works of God's Holy Spirit as the gifts are put to good use for positive result! smiley

But there is no single member of the Christian congregation that is NOT SENT to preach and teach in their neighbourhood. Please read the Bible book of Acts of the Apostles and try to figure out if there are members of the Christian congregation back then that weren't commissioned to PREACH and TEACH! smiley

You're still choosing to see what isn't written in the bible even when the bible has explicitly said otherwise.

He said go and make disciples, yes.

Then he chooses who will do the work of evangelist- those who will preach and win souls.
Those who will teach, those who will pastor, prophecy and the apostles.

It even specifically says not many should be allowed to be teachers because of how much judgment awaits those who mislead others.

James 3:1 My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment
Mark 9:42, Matt 18:6 If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea.

So, you see that unless you're sent you will not only abuse the ministry but also mislead others with your errors and by so doing incur judgment on yourself.

But if you study your bible you will see these things yourself and not just believe everything they tell you.
Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:55am On Jan 14, 2021
OK i get you now, you are saying only evangelizers are to go for evangelism shey?

But let's go back to Paul's letter @ Ephesians 4:11

There it was written that some were Apostles, Prophets, Teachers, Shepherds and Evangelizers.

Please you earlier said the order to go and PREACH in their neighbourhood was given only to the 11, yet the 11 in question were Apostles, so how come they are the same people to go out evangelizing and not the Evangelizers nah? cheesy

Myer:

You're still choosing to see what isn't written in the bible even when the bible has explicitly said otherwise.

He said go and make disciples, yes.

Then he chooses who will do the work of evangelist- those who will preach and win souls.
Those who will teach, those who will pastor, prophecy and the apostles.

It even specifically says not many should be allowed to be teachers because of how much judgment awaits those who mislead others.

James 3:1 My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment
Mark 9:42, Matt 18:6 If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea.

So, you see that unless you're sent you will not only abuse the ministry but also mislead others with your errors and by so doing incur judgment on yourself.

But if you study your bible you will see these things yourself and not just believe everything they tell you.
Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by Myer(m): 11:02am On Jan 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
OK i get you now, you are saying only evangelizers are to go for evangelism shey?

But let's go back to Paul's letter @ Ephesians 4:11

There it was written that some were Apostles, Prophets, Teachers, Shepherds and Evangelizers.

Please you earlier said the order to go and PREACH in their neighbourhood was given only to the 11, yet the 11 in question were Apostles, so how come they are the same people to go out evangelizing and not the Evangelizers nah? cheesy

Who is an Apostle?
Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:40am On Jan 14, 2021
@Myer

If your church doesn't teach that you must go out to PREACH and TEACH in your neighborhood, we can understand your situation but learn to ask questions so that you will know the practical application of each verse in the Bible.
That book belongs to JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES if you refuse to learn from us you will continue to argue and argue and argue with your fellow religionists out there, you will never come to agree on tenets of Christianity. smiley

The Gifts Paul mentioned @ Ephesians 4:11

Apostles- To oversee the Christians activities throughout the earth, that's what our GB does, any misconduct of members tells on their office of oversight so they set rules guiding the Organization {Act 15:22-29} whoever rejects their guidance is no longer part of the Spiritual Family!

Prophets- To prophesy so that the Organization know what to expect in the near future. This gift is no more operational today because the Bible has been completed, there's no prophesy useful for Christians again when we know what the future holds {1Corinthians 13:8-13} so we are all acting as prophets as we go out to tell people what God says about the future!

Evangelizers- To PREACH and TEACH in our neighbourhood, this gift is what all of us stive for (including females in our midst) because it's our IDENTITY! Act 11:26

Shepherds- To shepherd God's flock, only the fittest spiritually speaking can handle this office because they must be exemplary amongst the Christians! 1Timothy 3:1-7

Teachers- To inculcate and compel others to love and fine works {Hebrews 10:24-25} this is also a special office, as members will look forward to imitating what they does! Hebrew 13:7 compared to 1Timothy 4:16

Of all these the only gift open to females in the Christian congregation is Evangelizing, apart from this all females are to learn when they are in the congregation {1Timothy 2:11-12} women are weaker vessels {1Peter 3:7} so they can disorganize the congregation therefore whatever they want to know about the affairs of the congregation, they will ask their husbands at home not to contribute in any of the administrative work {1Corinthians 14:33-35} that's the secret of PEACE within JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Organization! 1Corinthians 14:40 smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by Myer(m): 8:14pm On Jan 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
@Myer

If your church doesn't teach that you must go out to PREACH and TEACH in your neighborhood, we can understand your situation but learn to ask questions so that you will know the practical application of each verse in the Bible.
That book belongs to JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES if you refuse to learn from us you will continue to argue and argue and argue with your fellow religionists out there, you will never come to agree on tenets of Christianity. smiley

The Gifts Paul mentioned @ Ephesians 4:11

Apostles- To oversee the Christians activities throughout the earth, that's what our GB does, any misconduct of members tells on their office of oversight so they set rules guiding the Organization {Act 15:22-29} whoever rejects their guidance is no longer part of the Spiritual Family!

Prophets- To prophesy so that the Organization know what to expect in the near future. This gift is no more operational today because the Bible has been completed, there's no prophesy useful for Christians again when we know what the future holds {1Corinthians 13:8-13} so we are all acting as prophets as we go out to tell people what God says about the future!

Evangelizers- To PREACH and TEACH in our neighbourhood, this gift is what all of us stive for (including females in our midst) because it's our IDENTITY! Act 11:26

Shepherds- To shepherd God's flock, only the fittest spiritually speaking can handle this office because they must be exemplary amongst the Christians! 1Timothy 3:1-7

Teachers- To inculcate and compel others to love and fine works {Hebrews 10:24-25} this is also a special office, as members will look forward to imitating what they does! Hebrew 13:7 compared to 1Timothy 4:16

Of all these the only gift open to females in the Christian congregation is Evangelizing, apart from this all females are to learn when they are in the congregation {1Timothy 2:11-12} women are weaker vessels {1Peter 3:7} so they can disorganize the congregation therefore whatever they want to know about the affairs of the congregation, they will ask their husbands at home not to contribute in any of the administrative work {1Corinthians 14:33-35} that's the secret of PEACE within JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Organization! 1Corinthians 14:40 smiley

Thanks for sharing. It only proves my point that preaching is for Evangelists.
Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:16pm On Jan 14, 2021
Yes all Christians male, female, young and old must evangelize! smiley

Myer:

Thanks for sharing. It only proves my point that preaching is for Evangelists.
Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by gabbijason(m): 2:25pm On Jan 15, 2021
Thanks @maxindhouse you did a great job

Cc MaxInDHouse
Re: How To Know If You Are Called (A Man Sent From God?) by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:53pm On Jan 15, 2021
All glory belongs to the one whose active force enables us to do his work! John 14:26
Thanks for giving me the privilege to share with you! smiley

gabbijason:

Thanks @maxindhouse you did a great job
Cc MaxInDHouse

(1) (Reply)

There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland / Pastor M Says, "There Is No God!" / I Keep Seeing These Numbers Often; 11:11, 1:28 And 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.