Stats: 3,147,797 members, 7,798,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) (30575 Views)

What Is Your Favourite Nigerian Street Food? (pictures) / 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) / Man Roasts Big Snake For Food(photos) (2) (3) (4)

How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by Kcitytv: 6:17am On Jan 13, 2021
Doya da kwia(Yam mixed with egg) is a very popular food in Northern .The food originated from Northern Nigeria but, can be found in every part of the country. Doya with means Yam in English is cutted ,cooked and mixed with Egg and fry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfNeAWCeNt0

This video show you how to prepare it

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by EmekaBlue(m): 6:28am On Jan 13, 2021
I chop this doya well for katsina...i only stopped buying it when i saw how almajiri will touch it to tap some oil and lick his fingers not once, not twice, they stand in front of the seller and it's norm over there, the seller even serve with bare hands after using their kettle to wash their preek up and down. All these thoughts killed my likeness for it nevertheless it tastes good then mixed with awara

95 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by majamajic(m): 7:21am On Jan 13, 2021
EmekaBlue:
I chop this doya well for katsina...i only stopped buying it when i saw how almajiri with touch it to tap some oil and lick his fingers not once, not twice, they stand in front of the seller and it's norm over there, the seller even serve with bare hands after using their kettle to wash their preek up and down. All these thoughts killed my likeness for it nevertheless it tastes good then mixed with awara

Preeq water join the good taste u getting , no problem about that

Just like in Lagos , pounded fufu and sweat of the pounder , all join !

83 Likes

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by tyup(m): 7:29am On Jan 13, 2021
majamajic:

Preeq water join the good taste u getting , no problem about that
Just like in Lagos , pounded fufu and sweat of the pounder , all join !

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by Kcitytv: 8:55am On Jan 13, 2021
EmekaBlue:
I chop this doya well for katsina...i only stopped buying it when i saw how almajiri will touch it to tap some oil and lick his fingers not once, not twice, they stand in front of the seller and it's norm over there, the seller even serve with bare hands after using their kettle to wash their preek up and down. All these thoughts killed my likeness for it nevertheless it tastes good then mixed with awara
Hmm
More pic

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by pocohantas(f): 1:23pm On Jan 13, 2021
Battered yam (i.e) Yamarita.

It was my dad that taught us to make this. It is not just a street food, it has upgraded and can be found in uptown breakfast menus.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12980834_screenshot202101130847381_jpeg8bcd1482567745cd2f085e7ddc1e6750

This is gross though. I won’t eat it after seeing it prepared that way, not even if I am offered money.

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by Localemperor: 1:38pm On Jan 13, 2021
Lol Doya da Kui is delicious but highly unhygienic when you buy from a road side Aboki who has an Almajiri as apprentice. He consistently licks his hand after serving a customer and used the same hand to serve another. grin

19 Likes

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by pocohantas(f): 1:46pm On Jan 13, 2021
Localemperor:
Lol Doya da Kui is delicious but highly unhygienic when you buy from a road side Aboki who has an Almajiri as apprentice. He consistently licks his hand after serving a customer and used the same hand to serve another. grin

What exactly is he licking his hand for?

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by Localemperor: 2:10pm On Jan 13, 2021
pocohantas:

More like a reflex action grin.
Probably licking the oil and little egg particles that glue to his hand after serving a customer, and Without washing that hand, he uses it to serve another customer. ( Customer Service grin )

North sweet but na Almajiri and Niger immigrant na him spoil am cheesy

33 Likes

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by Kcitytv: 2:43pm On Jan 13, 2021
pocohantas:
Battered yam (i.e) Yamarita.

It was my dad that taught us to make this. It is not just a street food, it has upgraded and can be found in uptown breakfast menus.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12980834_screenshot202101130847381_jpeg8bcd1482567745cd2f085e7ddc1e6750

This is gross though. I won’t eat it after seeing it prepared that way, not even if I am offered money.

okay,. Lalasticlala come and see
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by Kilishihunter: 6:17pm On Jan 13, 2021
I don chop this thing Taya and I don't like it Why don't you rather teach me how to make kilishi I can start a military coup because of it

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by RightChannel: 6:18pm On Jan 13, 2021
This is not diff from poisonous food

Everything about aboki people na upside down

24 Likes

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by momodub: 6:18pm On Jan 13, 2021
See my kano state food back in the days

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by felong(m): 6:18pm On Jan 13, 2021
I've never tasted this one before

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by Akpuobi1: 6:18pm On Jan 13, 2021
Why is the yam battered, what offence did it commit

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by EyezofGod120: 6:18pm On Jan 13, 2021
grin shit
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by Villagemeat: 6:19pm On Jan 13, 2021
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by Starcrest1: 6:20pm On Jan 13, 2021
It looks good to the eyes, I'll try it when I enter north again.

Brilliant........

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by Miracle1991: 6:20pm On Jan 13, 2021
Op. This is doya da kwai. Not kwia

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by felong(m): 6:20pm On Jan 13, 2021
pocohantas:

To savour the taste

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by Tofax: 6:20pm On Jan 13, 2021
Localemperor:
More like a reflex action grin.
Probably licking the oil and little egg particles that glue to his hand after serving a customer, and Without washing that hand, he uses it to serve another customer. ( Customer Service grin )

North sweet but na Almajiri and Niger immigrant na him spoil am cheesy
North sweet but those immigrants from Futa Jalon aka the Vulture city in Guinea wey come Hausa land & conquer them some 200 years ago, na them spoil am. Hausa man no get problem at all.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by hopexter(m): 6:20pm On Jan 13, 2021
Is a popular food in restaurants here in UK and other parts of Europe, I doubt if it originated from Nigeria undecided undecided

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by Tenshades(m): 6:20pm On Jan 13, 2021
My fast food back then in Gidan Kwano FUTMX...

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by timibare(m): 6:20pm On Jan 13, 2021
Eat this unhygienic food at your peril

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by Ahmed4002(m): 6:20pm On Jan 13, 2021
No be only only Kwia ... As I native speaker of Hausa, the pronunciation funny die for my ears.

Op. It's KWAI Meaning Egg

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by Beremx(f): 6:20pm On Jan 13, 2021
I remember eating this delicacy a lot during my secondary school days in the north . Getting back home, I would prepare it for my family to eat. That was about 24 years ago! E don tey!

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by SweetDipBenny(m): 6:21pm On Jan 13, 2021
Waris dis?
Who made dis shit
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by simfrost90210: 6:21pm On Jan 13, 2021
smiley oh., this is so yummy
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by Rosella25(f): 6:21pm On Jan 13, 2021
I always salivate when I see this delicacy, especially when we stop at kaduna to eat

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by blinking001(m): 6:22pm On Jan 13, 2021
Good food made by good people...

How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) / Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up / Man Chokes To Death During Eating Contest On Christmas Day In Uganda