Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,483 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) (30584 Views)

What Is Your Favourite Nigerian Street Food? (pictures) / 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) / Man Roasts Big Snake For Food(photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by Jacklovia(m): 6:42pm On Jan 13, 2021
Don't say the yam is cutted OP.
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by hopexter(m): 6:43pm On Jan 13, 2021
Kwara1stson:
so something that originated from Nigeria cannot spread all over the world?

That's not what I mean, Egusi and poundo
And others just to say the least are already all over the world. This boil then fry the yam with eggs is just one of the meals here since inception and colonization.

Nigeria is the 3rd largest immigrants here in England After eastern Europeans and India/ Pakistan smiley
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by Localemperor: 6:43pm On Jan 13, 2021
ItsTutsi:
bro, 90% of almajiri u see in the north are from Niger.. leaving Niger to Nigeria is a very big accomplishment to them, is like leaving Nigeria to America or Canada.. but the south think almajiri are northerners bcus they can speaks Hausa
Yea its true but one can not really differentiate between who is a citizen or an Immigrant in the north.
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by SirMichael1: 6:44pm On Jan 13, 2021
As a personal rule, i don't eat from the roadside. I prefer to make my meals even if i'm so tired. Having said that, this battered yam is good but even hygenic if you make it on your own.
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by Yankee101: 6:46pm On Jan 13, 2021
ArewaWife:

Even Kilishi, if you are fortunate to see the preparation process, you'll never eat it again. You'll see flies everywhere, people stepping on the meat when being dried outside.

Relax

We now have hygienic upscale suya spots, kilishi makers and this menu.

Look for enclosed places with nets, glasses and clean, healthy workers. Also go for hot,, freshly prepared food..

It's the same for any food anywhere in the world.
The only roadside food you might buy a bit comfortably is boiled eggs and banana or any fruit wrapped up in its original protective layer
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by Kwara1stson: 6:46pm On Jan 13, 2021
hopexter:

That's not what I mean, Egusi and poundo
And others just to say the least are already all over the world. This boil then fry the yam with eggs is just one of the meals here since inception and colonization.

Nigeria is the 3rd largest immigrants here in England After eastern Europeans and India/ Pakistan smiley
I'm joining you in England next year
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by ArewaWife(m): 6:47pm On Jan 13, 2021
Yankee101:

Relax

We now have hygienic upscale suya spots, kilishi makers and this menu.

Look for enclosed places with nets, glasses and clean, healthy workers. Also go for hot,, freshly prepared food..

It's the same for any food anywhere in the world.

The Yahuza spots ba?
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by Yankee101: 6:47pm On Jan 13, 2021
ArewaWife:

The Yahuza spots ba?

Yep.
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by nedekid: 6:47pm On Jan 13, 2021
EmekaBlue:
I chop this doya well for katsina...i only stopped buying it when i saw how almajiri will touch it to tap some oil and lick his fingers not once, not twice, they stand in front of the seller and it's norm over there, the seller even serve with bare hands after using their kettle to wash their preek up and down. All these thoughts killed my likeness for it nevertheless it tastes good then mixed with awara
Even suya sef, I don stop. The dirt from those abokis ehh, it's as if the are out to poison people.
I hear the worse is kilichi. When you put it in your mouth and squeeze that sweet spice juice out of the meat, know it is your life you are squeezing.
A friend visited the north to buy it in bulk. He saw was he assumed huge black blanket they used to cover the sunned meat. On close observation the black covering was not "blanket" but a swarm of flies!
Since then I cancel any aboki food.

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by ArewaWife(m): 6:50pm On Jan 13, 2021
Localemperor:
Yea its true but one can not really differentiate between who is a citizen or an Immigrant in the north.

Even all these mallams that own kiosks in streets all over the south, a lot are from Niger. Okada riders also. If you discuss with them they'll tell you they aren't hausa.
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by ArewaWife(m): 6:53pm On Jan 13, 2021
Yankee101:

Yep.

Its only the ones in Abuja I visit. If it isn't in the city proper, I can't eat it. And now so many Yahuza spots are springing up there.
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by MoIbrahim: 6:54pm On Jan 13, 2021
It's kwai o, not kwia.

Doya=yam, kwai= egg

Kcitytv:
Doya da kwia(Yam mixed with egg) is a very popular food in Northern .The food originated from Northern Nigeria but, can be found in every part of the country. Doya with means Yam in English is cutted ,cooked and mixed with Egg and fry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfNeAWCeNt0

This video show you how to prepare it
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by uuzba(m): 6:56pm On Jan 13, 2021
Yam with eggs, fried?
Which other English are you people speaking again?
The person that is hungry will cook his food and eat. The rest of you can be looking at Instagram.
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by phranklyn92(m): 6:58pm On Jan 13, 2021
This is absolutely unfit for consumption.

Ewww!!! cry cry cry
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by hopexter(m): 6:58pm On Jan 13, 2021
Kwara1stson:
I'm joining you in England next year

I would say England is waiting for you but Glad you chose Next year which would be the appropriate time. Right now is the best time to be Nigerian and be in Nigeria. We have been locked in for almost a year now, no clubs, no bars has stayed upto 3 months since pandemics and if there were to be people, it would be as scanty with 2 meters distance, no mingling or chatting to strangers hence killed anything that has to do with social gathering. 80% are already bored and depressed with nothing to do, no shops are opened except food shops and hospitals, you can't meet your friends inside and it's freezing outside with no pubs opened. Next year is definitely perfect. smiley
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by Omezif(m): 7:00pm On Jan 13, 2021
Every tribes have their own favorite food.
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by Ikpunekenwa(m): 7:01pm On Jan 13, 2021
ArewaWife:

Even Kilishi, if you are fortunate to see the preparation process, you'll never eat it again. You'll see flies everywhere, people stepping on the meat when being dried outside.
Like seriously? I thought they dry it with ovens or grillées. Na just God dey protect person for this world ooo.
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by valicious1(m): 7:04pm On Jan 13, 2021
RightChannel:
This is not diff from poisonous food

Everything about aboki people na upside down
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by ArewaWife(m): 7:04pm On Jan 13, 2021
Ikpunekenwa:

Like seriously? I thought they dry it with ovens or grillées. Na just God dey protect person for this world ooo.

Where Aboki wan see oven lol.
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by Kwara1stson: 7:05pm On Jan 13, 2021
hopexter:

I would say England is waiting for you but Glad you chose Next year which would be the appropriate time. Right now is the best time to be Nigerian and be in Nigeria. We have been locked in for almost a year now, no clubs, no bars has stayed upto 3 months since pandemics and if there were to be people, it would be as scanty with 2 meters distance, no mingling or chatting to strangers hence killed anything that has to do with social gathering. 80% are already bored and depressed with nothing to do, no shops are opened except food shops and hospitals, you can't meet your friends inside and it's freezing outside with no pubs opened. Next year is definitely perfect. smiley
wow, it must be really boring over there.. we are still living our normal lives over here in Nigeria. All the best bro

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by samtoolz(m): 7:07pm On Jan 13, 2021
I stopped eating it the day i saw aboki using dirty water to wash the yams
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by hopexter(m): 7:11pm On Jan 13, 2021
Kwara1stson:
wow, it must be really boring over there.. we are still living our normal lives over here in Nigeria. All the best bro

Enjoy every bit of it bro, it's quite opposite here. You've not even enter any TIERS there, we are in TIER 4 lol. The highest TIERS for the Covid-20 Max- pro grin grin grin enjoy your life my brother. cheesy
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by Localemperor: 7:15pm On Jan 13, 2021
ArewaWife:

Even all these mallams that own kiosks in streets all over the south, a lot are from Niger. Okada riders also. If you discuss with them they'll tell you they aren't hausa.
And many a time this immigrants are the one used by northern politician to commit mayhem. More like " Immigrants get the job done".
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by OdenKelechi(m): 7:24pm On Jan 13, 2021
The Behind name na Yamarita... Babcock students go sabi am wella
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by alexvic12: 7:34pm On Jan 13, 2021
I love this! I came to the north and fell in love with another delicacy called awara da koi (awara fried with egg, battered awara).

Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by dview001(m): 7:41pm On Jan 13, 2021
We don't give a Bleep about this gutter food here in South South
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by luvme0702: 7:44pm On Jan 13, 2021
You chop this one finish and your mess go come dey smell anyhow grin
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by brainhgeek(m): 7:45pm On Jan 13, 2021
Kcitytv:
Doya da kwia(Yam mixed with egg) is a very popular food in Northern .The food originated from Northern Nigeria but, can be found in every part of the country. Doya with means Yam in English is cutted
cut ,cooked and mixed with Egg and fry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfNeAWCeNt0

This video show you how to prepare it
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 7:56pm On Jan 13, 2021
DEBJOCH1:
. THE PEPPER IS CALLEF YAJI, YOU BLEND THE DRIED PEPPER, WITH DRIED GINGER, SALT AND GNC (KULI KULI), YOU USE IT TO EAT SALAD.
alright, thanks.
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 8:01pm On Jan 13, 2021
armyofone:
Yaji...the best of Northern Nigeria.
That thing is so tasty eh but pepperish.
Re: How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 13, 2021
Was a life saver during some past field work..the thing make brain especially if you have seen obi..

How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) / Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up / Man Chokes To Death During Eating Contest On Christmas Day In Uganda