Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,733 members, 7,806,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) (112275 Views)

The Lagos Hustle: Queens Of Deceit (18+) / Zion Rufus ‘the Lagos Hustle’ / Two Worlds Meet At The Lagos Oriental Hotel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by KelvinCoaster(m): 11:18pm On Jun 19, 2021
souloho19:
Yes boss
Good.

Just take your time!

Cheers!
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by KelvinCoaster(m): 11:31pm On Jun 19, 2021
souloho19:
Make I drop that small update make we for fit sleep well as this place full today cheesy
This is so thoughful of you Souloho19.

More Grace to you!
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Hydriss(m): 11:44pm On Jun 19, 2021
souloho19:

Caught lurking grin
You bet cool
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by doctorexcel: 3:38am On Jun 20, 2021
souloho19:
Make I drop that small update make we for fit sleep well as this place full today cheesy

thanks bro. Now i can go back to sleep properly as i have been partially satiated
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Ann2012(f): 9:50am On Jun 20, 2021
Thanks for the update boss
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by WHOcarex: 10:10am On Jun 20, 2021
Tor. I don't even know what to say.

Weldon soul
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Lakesc: 10:27am On Jun 20, 2021
Thanks for the update...
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Bodydiialect57: 12:49pm On Jun 20, 2021
A sis please grin
souloho19:

Bless you bro
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Kaycee9242(m): 12:53pm On Jun 20, 2021
Thanks for the update soul
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by JustCruise(m): 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2021
Thanks soul but you've turned me to an "Oliver Twist". Keep it up.
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Kawo9ze(m): 4:47pm On Jun 20, 2021
Thanks souloho19
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Tinneh: 8:11pm On Jun 20, 2021
All I can say is guy u de write sha
Can't believe I've been hooked on this story for the past days
More ink to ur pen man. .just got yourself a new fan

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by JayromWrites: 8:47pm On Jun 20, 2021
Souloho19 Don come again

Now person go dey anticipate updates like say na giveaway
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by blazebaba(m): 9:05pm On Jun 20, 2021
Omoh gee....this ur update too dey delay oh...which kain level nah..person don even forget the last episode sef..
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Missyajoke(f): 11:08pm On Jun 20, 2021
Soulho post now make I no lose interest in the story
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by souloho19(m): 10:37pm On Jun 22, 2021
:::::::::

JECINCTA

Stomach Caterpillars

Despite my earlier fears and premonitions, I enjoyed the bus ride immensely. It was a hilarious journey with plenty characters in the bus which made the trip very lively.
I sat on the 3rd row beside Fuoyo, my head nestled on his shoulder while Kanaku sat beside the driver which actually started the lively interaction in the bus.

The driver had an Auxillary cord and after playing some gospel songs for about 45 minutes, Kanaku disconnected the music and plugged in his phone.
"Driver, God don hear us..Chioma Jesus don tire to dey repeat chorus for our matter, our journey is safe you hear? make we jam lively gbedu."

A youth corper at the back nodded in agreement. "you get mouth bro, abeg you get Meek Mill? make we hear the trillest"

"or Burna's latest album" a young lady on my other side chipped in

Kanaku scoffed, "Meek Mill ko, Mikano gen ni....abeg feel better song wey dey burst brain..."

we all listened expectantly until the shrill voice of popular small doctor filled the bus, "They call me small doctor...Aye, Aye Aye Aye"

Fuoyo and I burst out laughing while some members began to grumble. "you for kuku leave our chioma Jesus jeje, which one be this now?"

Kanaku turned deaf ears and shuffled his Mix proudly, singing along and bopping his head.
After about 2 hours, the bus made its first stop, at a filling station/eatery. Kanaku was the first out of the bus, and for a second I thought he was pressed but then he asked Fuoyo for his phone to make a call and dialed a number from memory before walking briskly away and was soon in a heated conversation. Judging by the stressed look on his face, I guessed it was his wife or baby mama. But to me they were already more married than some officially married people.

Every other person got down from the bus except Fuoyo and I.

"I'll like to stretch my legs a bit if you don't mind" I punched him playfully on the arm. When he didn't shift for me to pass

"I know.... just a second, I want to tell you something," he sounded really serious and I shifted in my seat to get a clear view of his face.

"what's wrong?"

"Jessy, I want to assure you something, first of all...I won't lie...I really hope we find the treasure, I crazily believe it exists and we can pull it off....but I know I've been greedy and selfish, I got into this whole mess in the first place because of greed...but I want to tell you, you're more important than any fucking treasure. It's all on you Jessy, if this is too much I'm ready to call it off now and we return to Lagos..."

I was shocked beyong words. "I don't understand...where's all this coming from?"

"I heard you and Kanaku talking yesterday morning...I wasn't deep asleep cause ironically, I was thinking of the treasure...I know you're worried and it's the most personal case to you..." he smiled. "so I promise you, it's all down to you Jessy...you come first before anything else...I just hope you can trust me"

No one had ever put my feelings first, not without expecting something in return, but here was this guy who I feared had lost his soul to the obsession of the hunt like Mr D, willing to abandon the dreams so much evident in his eyes and reign in his yearnings cause he valued my state of mind more than the treasure.....
Oh my.....I suddenly felt a little teary eyed and punched him playfully. "I'll trust you only if you shift and let me get down to stretch my legs first."

He smiled at that and came down, turning and stretching his hand to help me down.
At that point we saw Kanaku walking briskly back to the bus. A bottle of gin in his hands which he had even gulped half of its content. He looked extremely pissed

"What's up with him?" I whispered to Fuoyo

"well I think he just called his wife or stay home baby mama, I can't even ask him for my phone he looks like he's looking for a scapegoat to unleash his anger" he replied in an equal whisper

"Oh that explains it," I didn't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for him

Kanaku scowled at us before getting into the front seat once more. "This driver should hurry up, he's inside there eating fufu, he should hurry up joor!" He barke

Fuoyo and I avoided the angry lion and went to buy some snacks and drinks.

10 Likes

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by souloho19(m): 11:05pm On Jun 22, 2021
:::::::::::::::::::
KANAKU

First Violence

I had never been as angry as I felt that minute. How dare Barakat refuse to let me speak to my daughter? She accused me of bailing out on my family impromptu yesterday and that if I really wanted to talk to my girl I had to come home to do that. I was livid. And to prove she meant business she didn't pick when I called with my phone, which was what made me use Fuoyo's phone. Ruki was the only person who lifted my spirits on low days and just talking to her would hve been a much needed boost for the stressful and risky operation ahead. But Barakat refused to let me talk to my love who could remind me the real reason I was embarking on a treasure hunt. For her and her unborn sibling.

The gin helped a bit and after a while I softened. "Fuoyo, before this passengers kill me why don't you play the song you were playing that night?"

"what ni-night?"

"should i remind you, the night I caught you sleepi-"

"okay okay I recall...its a Kendrick and jcole mix"

"Thank God!" The corper explained from the back with relief

The second half of the journey was uneventful, I managed to put a reign on my feelings and was extremly focused on the plan ahead. This was my last chance of a possible mastermind and fulfilling my dreams. If I failed then it was a job as a school security for the rest of my life, for my family's sake.

:::;
By 1pm we arrived at the Town and in accordance with our plans, we asked around and were finally directed to a hotel which was more like a motel. But it was good enough and would have to do. We checked into 2 rooms, although we all cramped into one of the rooms.

"Okay you guys, since we have a little more time, just give me an hour to make a run to the market."

"okay...please don't buy anything too drab" Jessy told me

I raised an eyebrow at her, "I'm a hoodlum I don't know what that means"

::::::::::::
The market place was bigger than expected, Almost everything I could think of was sold there. Everything looked fresh from the farm. I moved around the Market for what felt like 2 hours until finally I found the perfect clothes; A jumpy faded trousers that looked like a whole clan had taken turns to wear it yearly. I bought this for Fuoyo although I knew he would hate it and I couldn't help chuckling. Then I pitied him a bit and purchased A high round neck black t shirt, but once outside the store, I stretched the material with my hands, till I had slackened the neck line terribly, then I looked around and rolled it on the dusty floor until the black material was a dusty shade of brown.

The weather was so hot, it felt like the Devil was running routine maintenance in hell so I added a straw hat.

Jessy's selection was easier; just a wrapper and a kind of oversized shirt and also a staw hat. I remembered the classy footwears I had seen while rummaging through her bag that morning and smiled, these girls...always used to slaying. I chuckled. I finally bought a pair of second hand rubber sandals, which was quite masculine but would have to do.

I bought a Danshiki armless shirt for myself and a straw heart, I was satisfied with the joggers Fuoyo had bought for me in Nassarawa, the many dust in the market already gave it the perfect shade. Still I felt something was missing.

I saw it and the moment I saw it, I knew. A young lad leading a small heard of cows, goats and rams.

I approached him and spoke in fluent hausa, "nagode, how much for the smallest cow?"

"i no sell," he raised the stick threateningly to my face and I gasped in surprise.

"See this small boy o, not even more than 15...." still I kept my cool. "Okay which one for sale"

"I say none.... dangoroba shege!" He actually spread his palm close to my face. Telling me waka

I almost grabbed his hand and broke his wrist, but the market was busy and I knew I could be mobbed by people.

From the 50k Fuoyo had given me for the shopping, I still had 35k in cash, so I strolled after the boy in a distance while he led his herd down a bushy path to no doubt go graze a little. I followed him, carrying the sack of clothes on my shouler until we were deep into a path and far from prying eyes.

"Hey, oya I have 20, no 30k in cash....not for your cow, i know you guys love cows...but that ram...it’s even the smallest of the lot, that's a scoop, I have the money alre-"

The bastard suddenly dropped his stick and pulled out a 3 foot sharp dagger. "I no get sense walai...I go treat am por my fuckup since I no dey hear word..." (then he rambled of in a native tongue I couldn't understand but knew he had just probably insulted my generation)

"I don't think it's wise to threaten me with a knife, we're only talking-"

To my utmost surprise, the lad lunged at me and swished the dagger dangerously close to my neck.

I was extremely shocked and staggered a couple of steps back. Then he lunged again, narrowly missing my eye as I ducked to the side then I became mad. This bastard wants to kill me before the journey even starts, one little bastard about to make my daughter fatherless because of livestock.

A street guy 9 times out of 10 would never depend solely on his fists, think about it...you're in a bar and suddenly two rugged guys start fighting, the first sound you hear is a bottle smashing.

I wished there was a solid plank around to scatter his head with, but as he lunged at me again I employed the rule of the street fight, which was; there were no rules, especially when your opponent had a dagger as long as a fucking sword aimed at your chest. I employed the closest external factor to give me an advantage.
Thankfully we were on a sandy path, and I dug my shoe into the earth and kicked up lots of sand and dust, blinding the murderous bastard temporarily.
He loosened his grip on the dagger as his right hand fell to his side and he tried fervently to dust out his eyes with his left.

In a flash I had grabbed the blade from his grip and when he looked up, still half blinded, I saw terror in his eyes as he caught the glint of the blade in my hand.

"You coward, because of this stupid weapon you feel you have the right and strength to take a life?" I threw the dagger to the ground and clenched my fist.

He seemed relieved and also took a fighting stance.

"ehen! if you had done this the first time like a man, I would have put the money for the ram in your pocket after knocking you out and even make sure your remaining cows are safe, but you tried to kill a whole Kanaku..."

He screamed obscenities and lunged at me.

45 seconds later, I checked his pulse while he lay unconscious on the floor. I took his guiding stick and directed a ram and a sheep, leaving the dozen cows hovering around their leader's body, a few of them began to wonder far off...literally chasing greener grass without their master's direction...free to roam.
About 3 loyal bulls remained with him, waiting patiently for their master to stand up from the floor.

"Perfect, with half a dozen lifestock missing it'll be harder to pinpoint me..." I wore my straw hat and directed my two latest acquisition. Still the unexpected incident made a change of plans. We couldn't remain in the town any second longer. News would spread like fire about the stranger who had beat up a young herder and stole cattle.

I walked my new livestock property a short distance until I got to the main road then I flagged down a ride. I chartered a pick up Lorry and gave directions to the hotel.

On the way, I called Fuoyo and instructed him and Jessy to pack up and be ready to move. We couldn't stay in the town so we were moving straight to the village. It was 3pm, we would make it before nightfall and see how it goes.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Hydriss(m): 11:09pm On Jun 22, 2021
souloho19
Thanks bro grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by souloho19(m): 7:18am On Jun 23, 2021
Chapter 17

FUOYO

Transformation

"what exactly did he say?" Jessy asked me
She had been in the shower while i'd been trying to catch an hour's sleep before Kanaku interrupted me as usual.

"I think something came up and we need to be on the move immediately, we're to pack up and wait outside the motel, he's on his way." I didn't have much load, apart from the backpack which contained I and Kanaku's two pair of clothes each. Jessy's bag was now much lighter. Kanaku had discarded most of the clothes she had brought along and apart from a pair of slacks, sweater and tracksuit hoody, the remaining items were the food stuffs her parents had plied her with. at least a paint of fresh Garri, A ziplocked bag of fried fish and meat, at least a half a paint of rice also and what i took to be dried cow skin (ponmo) wrapped in a newspaper and cellotaped tightly.

"Why on Earth do we need to carry this? It's too heavy are we even planning to cook?" she grumbled.

I smiled at her, "I have a feeling Kanaku is right here, we may need it....here carry my backpack, its lighter."

She handed it over gladly and I grimaced at the weight but still behaved like it was nothing serious.

We waited outside, a little nervous as we looked around. Every well dressed person seemed suspicious to me. I wish we had an idea of how Mr D's killers looked. I had a bad feeling they were closer than we imagined.
Finally Kanaku arrived in a lorry and signaled for us. I climbed in first and helped Jess climb in the back too. He leaned to the drivers window and rattled of instructions in Hausa before climbing in the back with us, I recognized the name of the village.

"you speak Hausa?" Jess asked

"yes..picked it up mostly on the streets...you wouldn't believe how loyal hausa people can be in the street once you identify their language with them"

I had a more pressing issue. "Where did this ram and sheep come from?"

"our perfect alibi..."

"How did you get it?"

"I obtained it"

"Kanaku! this isn't Lagos, is that why we had to leave immediately?"

"Desperate times bro..."

"so what, we move in tonight?"

"let's see....first plan is scrambled already so we stick together, that's the only plan now, the most important thing is trying to locate the ranch"

We were silent for a while. Kanaku kept stroking the ram's horns...he really looked like a herder.

"You two better change into the clothes I got you.." He kicked a huge sack towards were we sat. I brought out the faded clothes unimpressed.

"Hell no! what is this?" Jessy help up what looked like an empty sack of beans to her chest.

"That's our ticket if we want to get out of here alive. I'll go sit with the driver and give you guys some privacy"

"how exactly are you going to do that?" I shouldn't have bothered asking cause he was already hanging on the side of the moving lorry, inching himself slowly until he got to the passenger side and swung it open with one hand and accrobaticallty swung his heavyset frame in and shut the door.

"how can he do something like that, is he spider man or what?" Jessy couldn't believe but
surprisingly I was already used to Kanaku's surprises. I grinned at her, "That man has been doing stuffs like this before you were born, it’s an inate ability...we're just lucky he's on our side"

"before we were born" she corrected, sticking her nose in the air and pouting her lips in that egoistic way that annoyed me yet made me want to kiss her if only to test if she'll be affected or still remain so arrogantly poised

I shook the thought out of my head and frowned at her, "i'm older than you"

"you don't look too old, if i'm to guess, I'll say you're mid 20's"

She was smack on and I couldn't help but smile. "And if i'm to guess you're in your late teens" I joked.

"you wish, I'll be 23 in about 2 months...yeah pisces rule!"

I pulled off my trouser and began to tug on the ridiculous pants Kanaku had gotten for me. "what kind of trouser did he buy?" It was inches above my ankles and looked like a drunk tailor had once attempted a boot cut but given up halfway through.

Jessy burst out laughing and I smirked at her, "I'll like to see how you look in your oversized shirt."

"There's no way I'm putting this on, it doesn't look new...doesn't even look second hand! only God knows where it has been"

I tugged of my precious American rag shirt and regretfully squeezed it in the bag. I picked up the shirt and sighed, "don't tell me he rolled the shirt in the dirt"

Jessy lugged and when I turned I saw her eyes linger on my shirtless body for a second and immediately tightened my abdominal muscles, forcing my usually hidden 2 and the half packs to a complete 6.
She didn't look too impressed and I hurriedly wore the shirt...."what the hell....how did the neck slack this way.?” Still when I put on the straw heart I could tell I pulled the look off. I looked like an impoverished farmer who had a long long day.

Jessy burst out laughing...."I swear it fits you...especially standing beside the goat."

The Lorry entered a pothole and I gripped the railing.

"Your turn" I smirked at her.

She sat down on the bench and gently began to tug the sacklike blouse over her shirt.

"This weather is something else...you're going to fry, not to talk of when you add the wrapper" I adviced

"Fine, then give me some privacy" she snapped

The Lorry was in a long stretch of road with trees on both sides so I gripped the back railings and turned slowly while she sat in the corner. I could sense her tug the shirt over her head and could catch the dark material of her bra from the corner of my eye but I stared straight ahead, stroking the sheep which seemed to have taken an affinity to me.

Finally when she was done and I turned, I forced a laugh, pointing exaggeratedly and saying, "you look like my land lady during my Nysc, God bless her soul, very no nonsense hard working woman, she doesn't play with her bitter leaf farm..."

She looked down in dismay and I tried to lighten her up, "relax we're not here for a fashion parade...have you forgotten?"

"I know....it's just...." she shook her head,
"never mind"

"what is it?" I joined her on the bench, the sheep followed me and rested its head on my lap.

She didn't reply, instead she said, "tell me about your service year? where was it? did you enjoy it?"

I forgot about how she'd looked a second before and decided to oblige her. This time I didn't tell her exagerated tales or heroic lies like I'd told my family. I told her everything, the good, the bad and definitely the ugly.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by souloho19(m): 7:35am On Jun 23, 2021
:::::::::::::::

JECINCTA

Reality Jolt

I was caught up with Fuoyo's story. He told me everything about himself, his life, his family, his school life and his unbelievable nonchalant attitude to his studies, then he told me about his close friend Shaq and how he got caught up in the yahoo life and about Lori Mau and how he found himself running from two colleagues who believe he had stolen their money. I was intrigued when he rounded up, explaining how Kanaku came into the picture after the boys hired him to deal with Fuoyo.

"And that was how we ran into you that night, I really didn't know what I was doing...Kananku is such a mean bastard I thought he'll kill me"

"You know the crazy thing?" I asked him, "The both of us went through changes almost the same period"

He glanced at me, and his eyes were unreadable for a second, and I felt he was holding back from asking me something. He didn't hold it in for long. "How long have you known Mr D....and did you really love him?"

It was a simple enough question but hard to answer. I had known him for almost 3 years, I had come to care about him a lot, I liked him, and had deep affection for him, but did I love him? What exactly was love anyway and how did someone know when it was love? Before I could give him an answer, the Lorry jerked and came to a abrupt stop, causing Fuoyo and I to grip the railings tightly. I heard Kanaku exchange pleasantries fluently with the Driver and hop out the passenger door.

"he speaks hausa fluently too" I murmurred

"full of surprises, that one..." Fuoyo agreed before Jumping out the back of the Lorry. He stretched his hand to help me but I ignored and jumped down as well. They saw me as a fragile person, the weak link, someone who would slow them down and I was going to prove them wrong and show I could be just as tough as them. Even when a sharp sprain spread through my ankle, I kicked it off and refused to limp or wince.

Fuoyo smiled at me, "you know you have a serious ego problem right?"

I'd heard that a lot of times, from my parents, to teachers and classmates to Fifi and now Fuoyo.

"There's nothing wrong with having an ego and I have a healthy one" I replied him fixing the straw hat atop my head, it was bigger and kept sliding down to cover my eyes.

"suit yourself" He actually snapped his fingers and whistled and the sheep immediately hopped off the Lorry and practically into his hands
"Woah" he exclaimed, patting the sheep affectionately

Kanaku's ram was more stubborn and took a lot of pulling and tugging before it finally got subdued and stoped trying to get away from him.

"It's like Fuoyo was a shepherd in another life" he commented after finally getting the ram under his control and tugging the rope. He waved the driver off once more and turned to face us.

"The time is already almost 5, the good news is I got directions to the ranch, but the bad news is there's no hotel in this village. The closest is still in the Town we left hurriedly"

"That means we do this together like we planned originally" I chipped in.

He frowned at me in reply

"What?"

"why are you wearing your jeans under the wrapper?" he sighed tiredly

"I can't wear just a wrapper...no way" I insisted

"But it's a perfect camouflage"

"It can't be perfect...I'm backing a knapsack...Fuoyo is rolling a traveling bag behind him...it's good enough.."

"But-"

"no buts Kanaku, what if we have to run suddenly? do you know how it would slow me down? especially with this ridiculous sackclothe I'm wearing" I was firm

He nodded. "you have a point..." He turned and observed the path and I followed his gaze

There were thatched roofs and huts and manual water pumps here and there, plus a cleared path with four standing tires the children no doubt used for goalposts when they played street football.

There was no sign of life and Kanaku turned to us once more. "This is the outskirt...the driver isn't from this village but he did say there's a popular ranch some kilometers east." He pointed with his hand then tugged the rope, pulling the reluctant ram behind him.

::
I stayed in the middle and Fuoyo brought up the rear, making cute noises at his sheep like one would do to a baby.

"remember, we're farmers, passing through the village if anybody asks" Kanaku announced

"where exactly is everybody?" I asked worriedly. We had now passed atleast a dozen thatch houses and yet there was no sign of life yet

We picked up our pace and walked for 30 minutes before we saw the first sign of life.
An elderly woman, walking barefoot with a chewing stick in her mouth and a distant look in her eyes. Kanaku attempted to greet her but she just kept on walking, not sparing a glance at all.

It was when we finally got to the turning of the cattle ranch we understood why the village was so empty. There was a crowd of over 500 people hurdled together, listening intently to one of their villagers who spoke rapid Hausa and couldn't seem to stop his hands from fidgeting and shoving two sheets of paper into the faces of the crowd around him.

I looked around and noticed a smaller group of people gathered round another villager who held a bundle of papers which he was sharing to the people around him, even from the distance I noticed the pages were coloured...looked like pictures of two people.

Wondering what the cause of the chaos was, I continued to inspect the surroundings until I saw it in the distance; burnt black grass, blackened wood and ash spread over what had to be at least an acre of land. The ranch had been burnt to the ground. The only remaining structure was a barbed wire fence a good distance away which housed about a hundred cows.

I tapped Kanaku's shoulder, "what's he saying?"

"He's saying two strangers from the South are responsible for the attack and fire on the ranch late last night....they murdered the watch men...." he shut his eyes tight in pain, "and two children died in the fire"

"Bleep" Fuoyo cursed, "It must be those same murderous bastards from the hotel....this would mean they're close by...."

"That's exactly what he's saying....he mentioned two culprits.." Kanaku strained his ear, we were a little distance from the murmuring crowd. "wait a minute....he says it's a female and a male"

I looked at him, "are you sure?"

"that's what he's saying....it looks like he's the chief or leader of the community or something..."

The man kept on talking and I suddenly had a terrible feeling. I tugged Kanaku who was still trying to follow the conversation. "I think we should leave..."

The words were just out of my mouth when the speaker got down from the small podium and approached the smaller crowd. He barked a couple of words rudely at the smallish man who immediately handed bulk of the sheets to the people around him and they began to spread it quicker to the others, circulating it faster.

He watched the papers spread and announced in broken english, "The pictures you're being given be the killers...the bastard infidels, They were sight in the Town early today, they will come back.....(then he switched back to Hausa which Kanaku translated in shock)
"There's a big reward from the white man for anyone who sees and reports them....They are dangerous so don't let them fool you to take care of them or else they will kill you like they did the Allama family and raid the graves of your ancestors and burn your houses to the ground when they're finished!"

A woman in a hijab finally passed me the pictures of the suspect and handed one over to Fuoyo and Kanaku.

"Nagode" I thanked her

"what the Bleep!" Fuoyo was the first to gasp,
luckily the uniform murmurings of the crowd meant his voice wasn't audible. I wanted to tell him to lower his voice and ask what on earth made him exclaim in such a manner but then I looked down at the paper in my hand and I was also too shocked to speak. I wondered how they had been able to get such a close up picture of me. I remembered the day in particular because of the hoop earrings I had been wearing, the picture was about a year old, I had accompanied Mr D to a fundraising dinner and he had bought me the gold earrings specifically for the event. I seemed to be looking straight at the camera judging by the angles of my eyes but with no idea that my picture had been taken. Someone had taken my picture without me knowing....maybe they had been watching me all this while? It was hard to fight back the panic but I tried my best.

The second half of the picture was Fuoyo, the resemblance was unmistakable, he looked straight at the camera and even smiled, shutting his right eye in a cocky wink and kissing a neck chain with a gold lion head pendant`.

"That's my previous whatsapp dp...." he stammered "....how, when....."

The leader began to thrust the paper to the air and shout and the crowd joined.

I was paralyzed with fear. Shocked, confused and out of my depth.

Thankfully Kanaku had seen and heard enough, he turned away and grabbed my cold hands in his.... "Fuoyo close your mouth for God's sake and scram before someone recognizes you..."

His legs obeyed him and he spun ahead of us and we all hurried towards the path we had come.

We didn't say a word as we walked through the empty village. We were completely shaken and confused, we didn't even know what to ask.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by hotswagg12: 9:39am On Jun 23, 2021
Thanks for the update. Mr D's boss is finally at play here.
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Ayemileto(m): 10:44am On Jun 23, 2021
Thanks for the update.

This twist is unexpected. shocked shocked shocked

But can it be that Camera in Kenekelis house that they used to identify them both? You know only Fuoyo and Jecinta entered the room.

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by YoungBruzzy(m): 10:59am On Jun 23, 2021
Ayemileto:
Thanks for the update.

This twist is unexpected. shocked shocked shocked

But can it be that Camera in Kenekelis house that they used to identify them both? You know only Fuoyo and Jecinta entered the room.
I don't think so..
But this part is kinda confusing o cos the OP never mentioned any event attended by Mr. D and Fuoyo.. But anyways, you are the boss..
Thanks for this wonderful updates.. Ya the best
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Hydriss(m): 11:16am On Jun 23, 2021
YoungBruzzy:

I don't think so..
But this part is kinda confusing o cos the OP never mentioned any event attended by Mr. D and Fuoyo.. But anyways, you are the boss..
Mr D attended the event with Jecinta, Fuoyo's picture was from his former WhatsApp dp
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by YoungBruzzy(m): 12:05pm On Jun 23, 2021
Hydriss:
Mr D attended the event with Jecinta, Fuoyo's picture was from his former WhatsApp dp

Uh oh that settles it then.. Thanks
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Kaycee9242(m): 4:51pm On Jun 23, 2021
Hmmmmmm am dumbfounded, who could be behind this? Souloho u too much keep it up bro
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Ann2012(f): 9:14pm On Jun 23, 2021
This na set up oooo�

Thanks for the update boss
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Bodydiialect57: 9:37pm On Jun 23, 2021
YoungBruzzy:

I don't think so..
I will want to think Fuoyo"s details were retrieved through his car plate number. Remember the security man at Kenekelis estate wrote down his plate number.
I love this twist, well done @Souloho.

4 Likes

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Advantaged: 9:43pm On Jun 23, 2021
Wahala no too much?
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by YoungBruzzy(m): 9:55am On Jun 24, 2021
Bodydiialect57:

I will want to think Fuoyo"s details was retrieved through his car plate number. Remenber the security man at Kenekelis estate wrote down his plate number.

Let's hope so
BTW, those kenekelis boys are so fucking smart o grin grin

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by YoungBruzzy(m): 9:57am On Jun 24, 2021
Bodydiialect57:

I will want to think Fuoyo"s details was retrieved through his car plate number. Remenber the security man at Kenekelis estate wrote down his plate number.

Let's hope so
BTW, those kenekelis boys are so fucking smart o grin grin Imagine, they've implicate Fuoyo before they can even get to their destination.. And I read where the local are saying they dug out graves of their forefathers undecided undecided
Hope they haven't get the satchel like this

Anyways, Souloho still be the no. 1 baba for dem NL wink wink

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Bodydiialect57: 10:55am On Jun 24, 2021
YoungBruzzy:

Let's hope so
BTW, those kenekelis boys are so fucking smart o grin grin Imagine, they've implicate Fuoyo before they can even get to their destination.. And I read where the local are saying they dug out graves of their forefathers undecided undecided
Hope they haven't get the satchel like this

Anyways, Souloho still be the no. 1 baba for dem NL wink wink
Of course now, while Fuoyo and his pals were busy changing location and picking clothes at different malls, those Kenekeli's guys have gone grave digging grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply)

A Male Child Is More Beneficial Than A Female Child In Nigeria(see Why) / A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance / The Naughty Sisters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.