Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,521 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) (112290 Views)

The Lagos Hustle: Queens Of Deceit (18+) / Zion Rufus ‘the Lagos Hustle’ / Two Worlds Meet At The Lagos Oriental Hotel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Ann2012(f): 6:49pm On Mar 07, 2021
So Mr D is gone, just like that sad

Thanks for the update boss

3 Likes

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by GeoSilYe(f): 7:19pm On Mar 07, 2021
Mr. D is gone �

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by HORLADSTAR(m): 7:58pm On Mar 07, 2021
And the mr D is gone
Thanks for the update
waiting patiently for the next update

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by UNCL3(m): 8:13pm On Mar 07, 2021
Mynet11:

That's a nice voice you got there Bru, is on repeat in my playlist already... You can go places... Keep up

Thanks bro

I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by dimssy(m): 12:47pm On Mar 08, 2021
Now, this is interesting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by samuel19222(m): 10:52pm On Mar 08, 2021
souloho19 abeg come update

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by PrudySara(f): 2:35pm On Mar 09, 2021
Wow... this is getting really interesting. So Mr. D yaff die?? What next for the three of them??

Well done Souloho19

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by doctorexcel: 7:20pm On Mar 09, 2021
Wow. Getting more interesting. Bring it on bro

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by rosebuzz(f): 6:08pm On Mar 10, 2021
Omg wow wow wow, nice one

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Elfaris(m): 11:43pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kai, Souloho19 you're such a good writer tbh. I admire your work. The suspense here is exciting and I'm here wishing I'm as good as you are. lol. I'm also a thriller writer, hoping to get my latest work traditionally published soon. Are you on any other social where I can follow you?

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by souloho19(m): 11:55pm On Mar 10, 2021
:::::::::::::::
JECINCTA

When It all comes crashing down

By the time we got into the car, we were all soaking wet. The Fuoyo guy was being really nice to me and a part of my brain noticed his effort even though I couldn't acknowledge it.
He got into the back seat with me, rubbing his palms together and placing his warm hands on my cheeks. My teeth kept clattering together and I couldn't stop shuddering. The cold wasn't really from the rain, but the gruesome image of Mr. D. someone I had known and come to care for, slaughtered like an animal and left to die painfully and bleed to death. They had cut him up till all his blood drained from his body, Oh my God! I shuddered again.

"It's alright, it's alright, you're safe now, you're safe with us" Fuoyo assured me.

Kanaku scoffed from the driver's seat, "which us? that reminds me, can you get her address from her, let's drop her off.."

"what! we can't do that, they're searching for her too, you heard them back there" Fuoyo interjected

"So what, what's the next step now. You put us in this mess hope you're aware, I should break your toothpick legs for messing with me"

Theirs was seemingly a new partnership but they were obviously already used to exchanging words. I tuned their voices to the background as I thought of Mr. D who was no more. I had a lot of questions and no one to ask. Like: why was he killed? He didn't deserve to die like that, he wasn't a bad person...not the Mr. D I knew. Maybe he wasn't exactly a saint and he had obviously been involved in shady and illegal deals but he had been a decent person, one with empathy. And yet he'd met a painful end, such a horrible death. Who was this kenekelis that he had trusted enough to seek his help but had ended up sending hired killers to him? I tried to remember everything he had ever told me about his work or his boss but I really didn't know much and no matter how hard I concentrated, there was no epiphany. I was only certain Kenekelis wasn't his boss, maybe just a fellow colleague.

"Can you take me home?" I asked tiredly after a while. My throat was sore and my voice was barely audible.

"what's that?" Fuoyo asked

"I want to go home," I said louder

"hmmm....I would grant your request lady but Mr. Superman here says it's too dangerous, and to be honest, he's right, the smart move is for us to bunk down somewhere for the night"

"I don't think I can handle another hotel tonight" Fuoyo echoed my thoughts

"I know, and besides who has money to waste? I meant we should head to your house, the road is free and it shouldn't take that long"

"Okay that's better" Fuoyo agreed

I tried to insist they take me home but I really couldn't argue, I felt weak, and I was filled with a grief so deep it left me feeling empty like I had cried out a huge part of my soul and all I had left was a void which got me feeling drained. I rested my head on Fuoyo's shoulder, cold and tired and also glad that I had someone to lean on at this dark hour.

I dozed off, thinking of Mr. D and how I would never get to see him again or debate on the pros and cons of our relationship. He was gone, just like that he had ceased to exist in one night and when your whole world revolved around somebody if anything happened to the person, it was easy for your whole world to come crashing down.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by souloho19(m): 11:58pm On Mar 10, 2021
Elfaris:
Kai, Souloho19 you're such a good writer tbh. I admire your work. The suspense here is exciting and I'm here wishing I'm as good as you are. lol. I'm also a thriller writer, hoping to get my latest work traditionally published soon. Are you on any other social where I can follow you?

you're too kind boss...lol thanks, I'm on wattpad also and semiactive on twitter. bohemianpengame and boyfestac respectively. Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by souloho19(m): 12:05am On Mar 11, 2021
::::::::::::::::::
KANAKU

Friends of circumstance

I had dozens of missed calls from Barakat and Jackson. When the calls got too much, I put my phone on silent, till I got sick of the unending vibrations then I switched off my phone and focused solely on driving. Jackson could go hang himself, I wasn't interested in our business again, look where it had gotten me? Even though I didn't get to make the big score I dreamt of, I had over 100k naira from Fuoyo not to talk of the furniture I had relieved him off. That, in particular would make Barakat very happy. I had also taken a total of 400 euros in 5o's from Mr. D. It was such a terrible way to die and I was sorry for him but there was no use feeling guilty over taking the money. He couldn't spend it anymore, he was dead. It was terrible but true. I was still alive with a very pregnant woman back home, I needed the money more than the detectives or morgue attendant who would have discovered it. But as I drove through the airport road down to Egbeda and finally linked through Ikeja, I thought of the 2 hours we'd spent with him in the room and his infectious passion when he spoke about the treasure. I thought about the little I had learned, I had been a little skeptical at first, I still was but the violent crime made me have a rethink about everything.

How could grown men kill each other over tales and unconfirmed myths? Still, I remembered the gleam Mr. D had in his eyes when he spoke of the satchel of Ezi whatever, and also the emotion in the killers' voice when they had made plans to find the girlfriend next. Fiction or not, myth or not, the fact was that these people believed in it. That meant this probably wasn't the first nor last time they had killed for the so-called treasure.
Which further meant there could be a treasure after all.

I observed the girl through the rearview mirror, she was fast asleep and she didn't look like the angry fox who had snapped at us earlier in the lobby or in the elevator, instead, she looked really vulnerable and fragile, I felt a strange urge to protect her like the little sister I never had and immediately shook the foreign thought out of my head. Fuoyo was there for her and he was doing a good job comforting her, although I suspected he was just hörny for her.

I watched him through the review too, he wasn't sleeping, he just kept staring out the window with a distant look in his eyes and I guessed he was revisiting the room and reliving the gory details.

"Hey, so have you decided what to do next?" I asked just to bring him out of his head for a while.

He met my eyes, "I have no idea, I've decided I'm going to let her decide"

"decide how?"

"She seemed really attached to the man they killed, so I figure if she wants to get revenge for him I'm going to stick around and help her"

"well you have my best wishes, but you'll have to count me out, I don't believe in going after professional killers."

"no, not that kind of revenge, I mean.....the treasure... what if we beat this person or people..whoever they are and secure the bag for ourselves?" he held my eyes through the rearview. "It's strange cause we only knew the man for like an hour but I have a feeling that's what he would have wanted"

"well you're a really nice guy, how did you end up doing yahoo?" I asked

He sighed tiredly, "I guess life happened"

I waited for him to buttress but instead he asked, "how about you, what next?"

"Look i'd love to help you guys find this so-called treasure but I have a young family to take care of"

"And what of Jackson?"

"if he disturbs me I'll just keep extorting him till he gets the message. If he wants you that bad then he'll have to get you himself"

That drew a chuckle from Fuoyo and I smiled, there was no use lying to myself, somehow all three of us had been bonded by the horrific murder and we had become friends without even knowing.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Salahdin(m): 12:36am On Mar 11, 2021
For me, the beauty of this story is how the Great Souloho breathe life into each character. There was a depth to each of them and a particular edge. And most of all, how he used Fate as a tool to weave the main characters together. Plus, the psychology of each character. I'm surprised how none of the three main character hasn't stepped beyond their normal scope of reasoning so far. It takes ingenuity to do all that. It takes only Souloho to do that! Kudos to you sir!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by VincenzoZhuxu: 7:40am On Mar 11, 2021
I salute you boss

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Elfaris(m): 9:36am On Mar 11, 2021
souloho19:

you're too kind boss...lol thanks, I'm on wattpad also and semiactive on twitter. bohemianpengame and boyfestac respectively. Cheers

Thank you. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Elfaris(m): 10:19am On Mar 11, 2021
Salahdin:
For me, the beauty of this story is how the Great Souloho breathe life into each character. There was a depth to each of them and a particular edge. And most of all, how he used Fate as a tool to weave the main characters together. Plus, the psychology of each character. I'm surprised how none of the three main character hasn't stepped beyond their normal scope of reasoning so far. It takes ingenuity to do all that. It takes only Souloho to do that! Kudos to you sir!

You're so right. he's really good.

2 Likes

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by JustCruise(m): 12:43pm On Mar 11, 2021
Souloho,thank you again for yet another alluring update. With every update I find myself been more interested with the story. Keep up the good work sir.

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by rosebuzz(f): 2:15pm On Mar 11, 2021
Thank u love this update
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by WHOcarex: 3:43pm On Mar 11, 2021
I'm just smiling form ear to ear reading this episode. I like the fact that the 3 characters have become friends. I think I like kanaku. He's a God fearing Agbero grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Mynet11(m): 4:25pm On Mar 11, 2021
I wasn't expecting less when I got a mention to a new story, I knew it's gonna be mind blowing, thrilling and suspense-filled as always. Nice one man. There can only be one Souloho!

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Mynet11(m): 4:27pm On Mar 11, 2021
Salahdin:

I think you need to read Delayed Diagnosis and Hole in the Wall by Solouho19

2 Likes

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Salahdin(m): 6:13pm On Mar 11, 2021
Mynet11:

Already did on my previous account
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Odoogu(m): 8:04pm On Mar 11, 2021
Interesting wink...

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by hottadiva(f): 11:09pm On Mar 11, 2021
I totally agree

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Queenkcee(f): 9:17am On Mar 13, 2021
Wow this is so captivating, i'm always glued to my phone each time u post an update

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Twelvedemon12(m): 4:09pm On Mar 13, 2021
Souloho19 You are great this piece and others will take you places
Pls which part of benue are you from

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Emmzy201(m): 11:06pm On Mar 13, 2021
people dey write for this life I hail you boss

2 Likes

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Chibuking1402(m): 6:50am On Mar 14, 2021
Mynet11:

Please I really need to read them.... how do I get it... please help me �
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Mynet11(m): 9:41am On Mar 14, 2021
Chibuking1402:

Please I really need to read them.... how do I get it... please help me �
Just go to souloho's profile and check his topics you'll see it

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Ann2012(f): 3:28pm On Mar 14, 2021
Thanks for the update boss

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Lakesc: 7:54pm On Mar 14, 2021
Can't beliv i have been scrolling pass this master piece for days now. Great master piece u have here Op... Following

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

A Male Child Is More Beneficial Than A Female Child In Nigeria(see Why) / A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance / The Naughty Sisters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.