Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,787 members, 7,802,459 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) (112210 Views)

The Lagos Hustle: Queens Of Deceit (18+) / Zion Rufus ‘the Lagos Hustle’ / Two Worlds Meet At The Lagos Oriental Hotel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by souloho19(m): 9:31pm On Mar 14, 2021
Twelvedemon12:
Souloho19 You are great this piece and others will take you places

Pls which part of benue are you from

I know cause most of my main characters have roots in Benue but I'm actually from Abia

2 Likes

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by souloho19(m): 9:45pm On Mar 14, 2021
Chapter 10

FUOYO

Aftermath

By 1:22am, we arrived at my apartment. I put on my inverter and switched on the lights, I found one of my biggest shirts and folded it with the towel Jessy had asked for. She thanked me and retreated to the restroom. I heard the shower running soon after she locked the door.

"She shouldn't bathe with cold water, she's still shivering from the cold" I observed to Kanaku

He frowned at me, "can you stop behaving like a freaking midwife for a second? you and I both know what you're after, you dog! but at least give her time to get over what happened tonight, haba!"

"what do you....how can you even...for your information...I'm not...." I sighed, "Bleep you I don't owe you any explanation"

"exactly and I don't care, just reduce your eye service before it goes from sweet and caring to annoying"

"I swear your thinking is just totally..."

"shh...shh...shh...I'm about to call my woman please shut up"

I kept quiet telling myself he was just a pig. I didn't have any agenda with Jessy, she was shaken up bad and I was just trying to make her feel better.

"Hello, Barakat baby.....oh! mtcheeew! Sukirat....where's she?.....no no let her sleep. I'll be home first thing tomorrow morning....of course, it was business... you better stop feeding her with your rubbish theories, I'm nothing like your husband....mtcheeew, o ba furo' e.....do you hear me? I said your daddy's left yansh, foolish bitch, please don't wake your sister.... reduce your voice...before you wake my daughter too!"

"Jeeez I don't even want to ask the backstory behind that" I stared at him in wonder when he was done with the call, I looked at his bare ring finger, "your woman is married? see how you're insulting her?"

"Mister I too know! FYI that's my girlfriend's sister. She's a jealous witch and because of you I now owe her for looking after my family while you had me running after shadows!" His voice rose a little, making me uncomfortable. "you had the mind to have me drive around the whole Island for noth-"

I got to my feet, "let me make some hot tea, would you like a cup?"

He scowled at me and I hurried from his presence. The call had put him in such a nasty mood, he looked like he wanted to throw me around the room a little until he felt better.

I ran into Jessy in the corridor. She had changed shirts and removed her wet weave. Now she toweled her natural hair and dark nappy curls fell around her face and almost reached her shoulder. Earlier at the hotel, she had looked sexy but now wearing my XXL shirt and boxers she wasn't sexy. Sexy was too shallow a word to describe how her clear brown eyes glistened from all the expended tears and looked up at me with a kind of unforced naivete that had been missing earlier, Her lashes were naturally curly and full and added a sensual edge to her eyes, especially when she looked up slowly at me and I felt my throat go dry. Her cheekbones were sharp enough to make one wonder how breathtaking her smile would be, but not too prominent that it eclipsed the hint of dimples that appeared when she spoke.

God really took his time on her, wow.

"I can't sleep, do you have any alcoholic drink?" she asked me

"no....my only bottle finished last night" For a split second I wished I hadn't drunk it last night, but if I hadn't maybe things would have played out a lot differently, who knew? "I was about to make hot tea, would you like a cup?"

She pouted her bottom lip, her lips were a rich shade of strawberry and it was hard to believe she wasn't wearing any lipstick, "lipton?" she didn't look too thrilled

"no, no....milo" even though tea bags had been my initial plan, I adjusted smoothly.

She gave a little smile before turning and I watched her walk away before shaking my head. Kanaku was right, I had to make a conscious effort to keep my head level, I was fast losing focus.

::::
We stayed up all night, drinking hot chocolate tea and talking about the murder. We all had questions and tried our best to answer them or in the case of the treasure, tried our best to speculate with the little we had learned from Mr D.

I wanted to know about Mr. D but she seemed unwilling to talk about him or their relationship although the nature was pretty clear. Kanaku wanted to know about Mr D's firm and who his boss was or the Kenekelis name we'd heard so many times. She didn't know much about either. "So why do they think you'll know something about the treasure?" I asked her

she shrugged, "I don't know, maybe cause he called me last night and mentioned the treasure, I think that could be why"

"And what did he say?" Kanaku asked

"That it was real and he knew where to find it..." her voice trembled, "he sounded so excited...he said he'll be in Lagos by morning to see me briefly because he had to be in Abuja by 4..."

Kanaku prodded her when she fell silent, "and what happened?"

"I don't know what happened but he never showed, until he called me late in the evening with a strange number and told me to come to the hotel with my passport..."

"So what changed?" Kanaku asked deep in thought

I had a theory, "I don't think anything changed...remember he told us he had a helicopter on stand by to take us directly to Nassarawa...not Abuja and he specifically mentioned a 48 hour headstart....so I think he deliberately reported a wrong location"

They looked at me and I could see they could see my point

I continued, "So he makes the call telling Jess about his findings and hinting Abuja was the next place to look for the treasure. Maybe he knew his phone was not secure....which could be the reason when he called to tell you he was at the hotel he used a different number..."

"wow... I think you're right," Kanaku nodded slowly in agreement

"I don't think Mr. D would do such, he was always telling me how dangerous his job was, he won't use me as bait," Jessy said

"you have to admit it's more likely" Kanaku insisted

"Nooooo...." She said fiercely

I could sense conflict brewing and quickly tried to smooth over the ruffled feathers, "okay maybe he didn't, maybe sometime during the day he realized something else and had to make alternate plans....it doesn't really matter. What matters is that he was killed for making personal plans to find the treasure...but by who? The people he works for, okay but who are they? Jess are you sure you don't know who Kenikelis is? Maybe you've been introduced before? try and remember.." I urged her

She shut her eyes and seemed to think hard, but she opened her eyes only to narrow them at me. "What exactly were you guys looking for tonight? Why did you claim to be the trackers? What do you really want, who are you?"

She stared hard at me with a new wave of suspicion and I found it hard to go straight to the point. "errrrrm....you see, actually.....what happened was that...."

Kanaku came to my rescue, "our friend here is a yahoo boy, he ran away with someone's money and the person paid me to track him down. He told me the money was with someone in the hotel and I suspected he was lying," Kanaku glared at me once more, "But I still can't believe someone will be so stupid to mess with me like that.." He trailed off, chewing his jaw and making a fist without taking his eyes off my face

I glared at him, fucking snitch! Then glanced at Jess, "I was at my wit's end, thinking of my next move when the receptionist called the mister Dowins name...but you interrupted and I started panicking but when she made the call and he confirmed us, it was more like a dream at that point and I just went with the flow"

"So you're a yahoo boy?" She asked with what was clearly a condescending tone

"yes, and you're a runs girl!" I fired back.

"Whatever you want to call it, but we were in a relationship, he wanted to marry me you heard it yourself," she fired back, "don't you dare compare it...I watch the news, I see the rubbish you guys do to young girls, you're no different from money ritualists"

Kanaku was smiling, enjoying the show.

I hate that she managed to put me on the defensive. "I don't do that, I'll never cross that line so don't judge me if you don't know me....maybe the guys you're used to are ritualists...as for me I make my money by thinking sharp and acting smart, with my head and tools" I tapped my forehead.

"What do you mean by guys I'm used to?" she challenged

"I don't know, I should be asking you.."

We engaged in a heated verbal exchange for the next ten minutes until Kanaku got tired and had to step in and play peacemaker.

I couldn't understand how she could make me feel like cuddling her one moment and strangling her the next.

The fight put a stop to our vigil and she stiffly told Kanaku good night and retired to the room by 4:01 am.

Kanaku stretched out on my sofa so I had to spread a sheet on the floor, I struggled to get comfortable, wondering if Jessy was enjoying my water bed and King sized frame. I hoped she wouldn't have any nightmares about the body and asked myself why I cared if she slept fine or not.

"Don't worry by 6 I'll be on my way and you can rest on the couch" Kanaku assured me sleepily

"Thank you sir," I said sarcastically

"remind me to give you my phone number, I'll bring your car back before nightfall"

"can you leave some cash with me? I don't have any money" I asked

He gave a throaty whistle in reply and began to snore

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Chibuking1402(m): 9:51pm On Mar 14, 2021
Mynet11:

Just go to souloho's profile and check his topics you'll see it
Ok thanks
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by ClassicMan202(m): 3:44am On Mar 15, 2021
souloho19:

"Don't worry by 6 I'll be on my way and you can rest on the couch" Kanaku assured me sleepily

"Thank you sir," I said sarcastically

"remind me to give you my phone number, I'll bring your car back before nightfall"

"can you leave some cash with me? I don't have any money" I asked

He gave a throaty whistle in reply and began to snore

Update after update you keep busting my head.... Keep it up man.... A very nice job shocked

2 Likes

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by blanquito(m): 5:39am On Mar 15, 2021
Nice job man

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by JustCruise(m): 6:56am On Mar 15, 2021
Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by BIGGIE121(m): 7:57am On Mar 15, 2021
gosh this story is so interesting, well done soulho19, more wisdom man. you be baba

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Holywizard: 8:41am On Mar 15, 2021
I have been so ungrateful. Boss u are so good

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Ann2012(f): 12:30pm On Mar 15, 2021
Thanks for the update boss

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Lakesc: 7:57pm On Mar 15, 2021
Thanks for the update...

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Mynet11(m): 9:29pm On Mar 15, 2021
Thanks man for the update... Waiting patiently for Wednesday to come

2 Likes

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by dappydonatt(m): 2:36pm On Mar 16, 2021
Wow Blockbuster bring it on

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by WHOcarex: 7:24pm On Mar 17, 2021
cheesy cheesy This 3 people dey make me laugh. Clowns.
Weldon soul

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Mynet11(m): 9:23am On Mar 18, 2021
I hope you're good bro @Souloho

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Twelvedemon12(m): 11:58am On Mar 18, 2021
souloho19:

I know cause most of my main characters have roots in Benue but I'm actually from Abia

Wow
The way you twist stuff makes me wonder why you are still here like you deserve more than this

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Omeifa: 1:04pm On Mar 18, 2021
Beautiful story

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by WAACUT(m): 5:49pm On Mar 18, 2021
Chairman sir..I hail you anytime any day

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by sodeeqsulaimon88(m): 8:06pm On Mar 18, 2021
Fantastic As in I'm stunned I bow o How about converting this huge masterpiece to a movie or something of sort

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Aprishyn06(m): 2:00am On Mar 20, 2021
Fire aheadwink. I'm loving this

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by souloho19(m): 12:10am On Mar 22, 2021
::::::::::::
JECINCTA

A Nightmare births a Dream

The next morning, I didn't wake up with a hazy memory, wondering where in the hell I was. Even as I blinked slowly at the dull dark green walls which was a sharp contrast to my aquarium themed light blue wallpapered room walls, I was immediately reminded of the Nightmare I had lived the night before, the sequence of events moved in reverse...from retreating to bed to drinking tea in the parlour, to the car ride, to the hotel, to the dead body with a million cuts... (not just any dead body, Mr. D's body)....to hiding in a cramped toilet with Fuoyo and Kanaku...trying not to cry while Mr. D cried out in pain.

Jesus! I squeezed my eyes shut, desperately trying to get rid of the image. I consciously tried to find reprieve in denial. Maybe Mr. D had survived...but even as I forced the thought I knew he was dead. The nightmare had been all too real.

The blood had been too fresh, too much to have come from one person, too red, too thick.........

I swung my legs to the side of the bed, suddenly feeling numb. Mr. D was really dead. And there was really nothing I could do about it.

I knew the name of his killer, he hadn't committed the act, but the man called Kenekelis had set things in motion.
Surely he had to pay? The killers wouldn't just go scot-free...The police would trace it somehow.

But what if they didn't?

Mr D didn't deserve such an end, I had to do something....maybe find a way to tell the police a certain Mr. Kenekelis was responsible, surely when they dug around they'll find out more about him and make the arrest?
The question now was how I was going to go about leaving a tip for the police. The Nigerian police weren't really known for their diligence, witnesses were usually their main suspects and any tip would have to be anonymous. I almost climbed back into bed to cry. I was scared but I didn't feel so alone anymore. If I had been alone with Mr. D there was every chance I'll be dead as well. But by some strange coincidence or fate, Fuoyo and Kanaku had been there. And when it mattered most, Kanaku had been there to keep me quiet else I would have surely been discovered. And after that Fuoyo had been there to keep me moving when I had frozen up.

Who exactly were they, they seemed to hate me at first but yet they had watched my back. Maybe with their help, we could figure out a way to tip the police.

The apartment was a little empty and didn't offer much worth snooping around for, Fuoyo was in the parlor, fast asleep on the couch, one leg was hanging high over the backrest, while the second was stretched out in the opposite direction, dangling on the floor. His right arm was across his face while the left dangled on his side, resting on the floor. He slept like my kid cousin used to sleep after a day of rough play and I smiled a little, imagining how he would kick and hit anybody he shared a bed with.

Kanaku was nowhere to be found and I noticed neither was the car.

The flat was on the ground floor and so the only view to enjoy was that of the fence and clothesline. I realized I was really restless as I walked through the small apartment, there was nothing to eat asides plenty of cereal, and a crate of egg in the fridge. I wasn't even hungry but I was restless. I turned to my phone but not even twitter could keep my mind engaged. There wasn't any news on the internet yet about the murder and I quickly lost interest. I felt like taking a long walk to clear my head, but I couldn't. I was too scared to leave the apartment. I didn't even know what the killers looked like and they were on the lookout for me.

Finally, after about an hour, I decided Fuoyo had slept long enough and I woke him. It wasn't easy, he could sleep! I nudged and even smacked him a bit before his eyes finally fluttered open.

"Good morning" I greeted him '

"What's the time....?"
I traced his eye to the wall clock, 9:04am

"It's still too early, I slept off like 6 o'clock" He shut his eyes and turned on his side, intending to get more comfortable.

"Why did you sleep by 6?" I wasn't ready to let up yet.

"I had to see off Kanaku to make sure he brings my car back...."

"Ehen where is Kanaku?" I asked

He opened his eyes finally giving up on more sleep. "He had to go check on his family, he has a pregnant wi- girlfriend and a daughter..." He yawned and sat up, "how are you?"

"kinda numb"

"yeah yesterday was really something else..."

We fell into a brooding silence. I didn't need a seer to know he was thinking of last night like me.

"What do you want to do now?" he asked

And really his expression confirmed my suspicions, he was willing to stand by whatever I decided. I really wouldn't be facing this nightmare alone.

I sighed, "Mr. D was good to me, he had his faults sure but he was never mean...he changed my life in a short time, even though he tried to outsmart his former boss or whoever, he didn't deserve to die like that..." I shut my eyes briefly, as crisscrossed stab wounds coated with blood against fair damaged skin flashed beneath my eyelids. "No one does" I opened my eyes to find him staring at me expectantly. "His killers must be punished, we.....I have to do something"

"Go after the bag? The same thing I've been thinking...we'll need answers but I believe we could make good research from the groundwork Mr. D-"

"woah woah woah....!" I had to cut him short. "what bag? Please o! I mean more like we find a way to inform the police about his killers, one of them answered to Jango if I recall then we have the Kenekelis name too"

"Oh.....so that's it?"

"what do you mean that's it?" I wondered why we went from talking to arguing and talking again every single time

"I mean do you think the police will be inspired to catch these killers? This Kenekelis guy obviously has connections, even his boss is definitely powerful, you think the police would arrest and charge them for murder because you say so?"

I didn't know what to say. When he put it like that it made me wonder... "We can't be sure until we try"

"We don't leave things like this to chance, these people probably belong to the ten percent above the law in this country..."

"you don't know that"

"I believe that....just take a good look at last night, the arrogance of the whole kill....those men are killers used to walking free because they kill for powerful people"

"and how do you know?" I asked him pointedly, but to be honest he had me half-convinced already.

"I'm a confirm Surulere bred boy, my intuition is on point"

"So what do you want us to do, if these men are so powerful we can't harm them"

"But what if we find the bag?" He had a kind of dreamy look in his eye which eerily reminded me of Mr. D.

"You're not being rational, how on Earth do you want to go after something that might not exist"

"He died believing it existed, his killers even seem pretty sure he gave you a diary and a map...I've watched enough pirate treasure hunt movies to know that once a map is in the picture, then more often than not, x does mark the spot."

"Well if you didn't get the memo, this is real life, not a movie! You're not captain Jacksparrow, just a selfish yahoo boy! you have no right to use his death to manipulate me into a treasure hunt" I accused him bitterly

He actually looked hurt after my outburst and I felt a little bad for that but I was too pissed to apologize.

"Okay, if we're going to expose his killers then we need to find out who he worked for and the identity of the person who set him up" he said quietly

"Kenikelis?" I asked

"yes, any idea about how we'll go about getting these answers?" he asked

I shook my head

"Let's start with Mr. D, how'd you people meet?"

"Through a friend"

"you may need to call her"

I felt myself stammer a little, "Errrrm...we're not exactly....on speaking terms"

"Why not?"

I shrugged, suddenly unsure of what he'll think of me if he knew the reason I had cut my closest friend off. "normal girly beef..." I said

He nodded even though he looked like he didn't have a clue what 'normal girly beef' looked like. "well if you really want to find out who this Kenekelis is then we need to turn every stone, that means you have to be the bigger person and mend this bridge." He looked at me with an intense gaze that slowly pulled me in like a magnet "can you do that?" he asked

"of course I can, I'm not proud" I snapped, baffled at my reaction, what was wrong with me? I was certainly not attracted to him, nope...my emotions were just messed up with everything that had happened. Yes, that was it. I deliberately looked away. There.

He seemed unaware of his peculiar quality or the effect his smoldering gaze had on me. "so you'll call her?"

"yes of course, I'll call her right now" I retorted

"Hey, relax now, we're on the same team" he sighed in exasperation

After calling Fifi 10 times, she ignored the first 3 and busied the remaining 7. I gave up and smiled at Fuoyo, "well it looks like she's not ready to mend the bridge yet"

" hmmm.....look you want to go out...? let's go to i.c.m, see a movie or something"

"what of identifying Kenekelis?"

He shrugged, "we can't kill ourselves, maybe when Kanaku returns the car he may have an idea. But for now, let me have my bath then we'll get a uber to the mall and just forget our worries for the next few hours, how does that sound?"

I wondered if he was restless like me or if he wanted to leave his house cause of the debt Kanaku had mentioned last night, I didn't know which, what I knew was that going out sounded like a good idea.

"We'll have to stop by my place first, I need some clothes" I informed him when he was ready

"That may be too dangerous" he objected

"It's daylight, I live at 1004, do you know where that is? Nothing can happen there"

"you don't know that..."

"I'm not going out dressed like a tomboy" I insisted

"forgive me if I value safety over appearance," he retorted and just like that, we were arguing once more. I was the one to seek truce this time around and I grudgingly agreed to let him take me shopping.

"Kanaku took all my cash, just let me trade some bitcoins and we'll be on our way" He explained

I watched him fiddle with his phone for like 20 minutes before he gave a satisfied smile. "okay I've traded approximately 300 dollars, we'll stop by mister price and get you some cooler clothes okay?"

I was still sulking over the L, "sooner or later I'll have to go back home, I can't pause my life like this indefinitely"

He held out his hand, "as long as you don't go back today"

"You can be very annoying you know?" I mumbled

"if I didn't annoy someone as uptight as you then I'd be very worried," he replied with a grin, clasping my hand in his. I couldn't help feeling a little bothered at how normal the gesture had seemed. I just met him yesterday for God's sake. Mr. D's body wasn't even in the earth yet.

I slowly disengaged my hand, "300 dollars" I scoffed, "that's the price of one of my wigs.." I told him.

It was very satisfying to watch the cocky smile turn upside down.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by souloho19(m): 12:21am On Mar 22, 2021
:::::::::::
KANAKU

Family First

I had a warm feeling I suspected was happiness as I watched Barakat explore the china and other items I had brought home. She gave a happy squeal with each item she pulled from the sack. When she was done, I took her and Ruky for a drive to a popular Amala joint down the junction. I even let Sukirat tag along. Barakat had concluded the car was mine and I didn't bother to correct her. She was pregnant with my child and I was going to give her whatever made her happy and fake the things I couldn't give.

After the meal, we drove around for an hour and I bought her a big bowl of cold stone ice cream for the first time ever. She seemed to fall in love with me all over again, and by the time we got home, her hormones decided it was horrny hour and she drove her sister away and set Ruki's favorite cartoon collection on the DVD. Once we were alone in the room she attacked me, kissing me passionately and ripping my singlet into two parts.

Barakat was beautiful, everything about her was natural, from the short tribal marks on both cheeks which to me only added more character to her beauty, to her dark shapely eyebrows which never needed a pencil brush. She was also naturally busty and I easily got turned on by just handling her breasts. I had never ever failed to get an erection with her before, not once in our 5 years together. Even when she had been heavily pregnant with Ruki, the sight of her naked body still got me instantly hard, even though the arousal was sometimes inspired by the urgent need to Bleep her to sleep so I could have a little peace.

Barakat was so happy and excited that she didn't notice at first. "Oh Kanayo, I wish I could move like how I really wanted, I would have given you that style you like so much" She planted sloppy kisses all over my face, and grabbed my member which remained flaccid and had even shrunk smaller if possible.

"ah...ah...what's happening?" her eyes flew open and she looked down in disbelief

I didn't know. I was trying my best, sending commands to the little soldier to stand at attention, but it had a mind of its own to remain at ease.

Of course, Barakat started sobbing immediately, "you don't want me again? I knew it....Suki said there's someone else....oh K, how could you...."

"You need to stop listening to that your sister, I keep telling you she wants your relationship to be as bad as her own...I went to hustle yesterday and you saw the results for yourself which one you dey talk again?"

"so wetting con be the problem? am I....am I...uuuggllyyyyy?"

"of course not.....see, the truth is I'm not in the mood, yesterday was too stressful...I think I need a little rest, you know my eyes are single for only you Barakat..."

The truth was I wanted badly to be in the mood but I just couldn't. There was a kind of weight that hung over me like a dark cloud. It was easier to dismiss it and focus on my family's happy smiles and giving Barakat and Ruki a nice time, but in the privacy of the bedroom, My heart just seemed unable to pump enough blood to my manhood without the thought of the bloodied corpse assaulting my mind and cooling off any heat I managed to generate.

Barakat wore her gown and stormed out of the room, I went after her, trying to make her understand but the minute she called her sister and asked her to come over again, I knew I wouldn't spend the night, not when they were going to be talking about my little incident. I already knew the kind of rubbish reasons Suki would provide, the evil witch would be like 'so you chased me away from your house earlier because of ordinary rubber prick?'

Shit, I wasn't vain about my member but like any man, I couldn't stand any diss to the little fellow. My apartment was small and voices carried and I wasn't sure I had it in me to look the other way if Suki made fun of my predicament.

So instead, I went to shower, wishing I could wash my brain with iron sponge till the bloody image of the body was wiped out completely.

Suki was in the parlor playing with Ruki by the time I was done. She had a mischievous smile she only tried a little to hide and it irritated the hell out of me.

"Where's Barakat?" I asked

"She went to buy some cucumbers..." There was a twinkle in her eyes that challenged me to ask what for, and I fought back my anger by turning to my daughter and throwing Ruki high in the air, and catching her till she giggled in delight.

"Daddy has to go to work okay?" I tickled Ruki a little, unashamedly absorbing the pure innocent energy children unspoiled by the cruel world often radiated. My mood was a lot better and I spared Suki a glance at the door, "tell Barakat I'm off to hustle. I'll get her more ice cream tomorrow"

I left the house by 5:30pm and as I drove to Fuoyo's apartment, I couldn't help thinking of my new friends and the tricky situation we had found ourselves in. I wondered how they were faring, Fuoyo hadn't called me yet and I kept thinking of what he had said last night, about going after the bag. It was a crazy and dangerous thought but I couldn't help thinking of the possibility....it would be the main score. It was a mission impossible no doubt, but if we could pull it off, it would have to be the score of scores...one of the biggest heists in history.

Jackson had given me so many missed calls, I guessed the ignored calls were the main source of Barakat's insecurities. I sent him a text before I drove off, updating him that Fuoyo had run away to the North and I needed some more money to track him to Nassarawa State. It felt natural to mention Nassarawa after all Mr. D had almost convinced us to travel there just last night. Jackson replied me immediately, with a couple of 'shit men!' and Bleep shit!' before promising to send me extra 50k the following morning to cover my travel expenses.

Money always brightened my mood and I sent him another message assuring him Fuoyo was a dead man. I knew the mugu would like that.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by UNCL3(m): 12:58am On Mar 22, 2021
souloho19:
:::::::::::
KANAKU

Family First

Money always brightened my mood and I sent him another message assuring him Fuoyo was a dead man. I knew the mugu would like that.

Lol
This last paragraph did it for me.

Kudos man, more ink to your pen.

2 Likes

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by sltn(m): 1:39am On Mar 22, 2021
Thanks man this update light my day up man.
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Ann2012(f): 5:10am On Mar 22, 2021
I hope the three musketeers (Kanaku, Fuoyo and Jecinta) will be able to truly secure the bag)

Thanks for the update boss
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Asek1(m): 6:27am On Mar 22, 2021
Fuoyo and Jecinta . . .
Something is definitely going to happen between those two but with souloho19 you never can tell
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by JustCruise(m): 7:32am On Mar 22, 2021
As usual you always find a way to leave me wanting more. Thanks for the update boss.
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Mynet11(m): 8:48am On Mar 22, 2021
The wait was really worth it. Thanks for the update man, but hope we won't wait for 7 days more?
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Twelvedemon12(m): 8:51am On Mar 22, 2021
Following baba
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by PrudySara(f): 12:34pm On Mar 22, 2021
Securing the bag seems like a whole lotta risk! I hope nothing happens to them! Thanks OP!
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Yemike(m): 2:22pm On Mar 22, 2021
souloho19:
Roll call;

rchilee haryodejy EdmundAlma Ayoshewa meneski blueflowers HelenBee EkopsparoAyara Centitan labelle123 cerowo hidhris Horladstar vakjay08 charytea honourable356 DzTzl Ayoshewa joislim missnande nastynic jonsyn7154 moffat queenitee bigbauer shurley ceecane2 marvin906 Oroolorun Horladstar genius43 dview001 dupsai oroolorun charminee Ayoshewa12 genius43 vickyluvspices nifebabe skubido lildiamond chommieblaq fertilewomb Eberechi24 chii8 marischerry chisiudeh smileing Oluwakemi65 yemike ceecane2 Nostradamus SPDAZZY explosive04 Anno81 rchilee dimssy tenderblaze sexyolori phoenixchap Evaristomonarch Gracito mitchelljnr queenDD neurojosh phoenixchap WHOcarex Damibiz dimssy SleekHoyeen jupitre rayvelez labelle123 Twizzy30 iamL iamLoyalty princessadeola switkera marianlsy IRALIFE mRaRcH olaayinkha Agp19 joshnes heemah Nmaglit WAACUT nikz Nawtiblayse donnaD Opeade939 Kaycee9242 Godwinfury Ebonyqyeen001 ADECULATE adedolapo2017 UE=RANTAALLWELL afamjb paafin HazardMan Raingirl smhart1 silvertrinity bimberry1307 sussybae Beetunez44 mcjesuspikin Bleeze2 kpagoGIN Ann2012 cyndy1000 alarmednigerian pweetygiftofGod ladidacanon preshb mekonglobal mynet11 wizsolzy warfibabe Jazmiynne fatherjp segibambo pinkfeet Boywest1 matrycx WEALTH304 youngzubi talk2saintify oluwaseunliz tonyxxx adamsbadoo stevodot22 uchihaclassiq konphido paqman Dhemmyjay Mayorkay1 Patotelli okeyben10 uthman51 jeweltab enohorglo mcbliss samexdx ChizzyMaris Jumizie13 kunleAJ solomonbrown64 magicmeemee Toeyean1507 slimbless cylovee nkemdave Erudite202 Gotee11 donteanz samwobi pinkbae mariansly Mrintegrity247 coolie1 laraemi skyUrch Oluwahfemi seunfunmi18 RegArmani Elviswifey1 spixytinxy kechbeau Ariremako30 Evold shaydeenamz Amhappy Olalake preciousbouy PToretto mikeybrainy Doubleprof1 iamkingoludav phayth gabi98 jalo1 wonderz1 solly1 speakout03 mrsochy virtuedagirl stephenGee12 arrestdarrester wizsolzy FameG Iamabraham koligns mirej rowdymind do4luv14 classicman202 iamochyglows wonderz1 queenbetsy TeameeMoses cassbeat Teehsticckz bakeuhappy Dnimaa smooth278 chibestjerry Sunak mimilight paulohgirlie silensa Abelranking Honeydawealth MhisTahrah opalk xriah18 Riele Harmymy cameoluv chigozie1010 obicoolnino ladysunshine94 toyean1507 shekinah190 excelmerry crazo rapfrick khennykhay ifemism02 jenkvnq Asek1 ashiko9 Ebonyqueen001 Iamjaxx marycookie93 ratty03 hotswagg12 ChisomDgreatest winie chiprince007 hfinest1 emmyN HisGrace000001 princevirus Kimmiebabie Taniaa Akinz75 Destiny4fame uweminyang Elfaris benicta Aphroditee xeenoblack15 spyrodee Assurance1000 hardeybhayour slimynonny donblazer10 josipov Nathalya jellymusty vulcanheph ewaski welcome guys, we go again

Present sir!
Captain Yemike reporting to duty just to secure the bag

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Yemike(m): 5:19pm On Mar 22, 2021
There's just this thing about souloho's stories that makes it so captivating.
More wisdom sir.

Patiently waiting for more updates on the 3 greedy hustlers.
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Kaycee9242(m): 5:23pm On Mar 22, 2021
EkopSparoAyara:
Fuoyo has lived his life in truancy, cared less about the future. The aftermath of his youthful exuberancies are staring at him in the face.. Finished school and gone to service at age 22, yet nothing to show for it, no good plans.. Will he come back to the right track or will he continue being wasteful? We will know soon.

Jecinta, oh Jecinta, the almost innocent girl is about to be introduced into the destructive world of prostitution, she has overestimated the short term benefits and underestimated the long term nemesis..If only she knows what the future holds..

Kanaku, the street thug on the other hand is feeding off on people's pains, that is parasitic.. He has forgotten that he who digs a pit will one day fall into it.. Karma respects nobody.

All of this just to secure the bag, I await as the story unveils..

BRAVO SOULOHO19

Nice one my man am not surprised. U are very good at what u do.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

A Male Child Is More Beneficial Than A Female Child In Nigeria(see Why) / A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance / The Naughty Sisters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.