Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) (34192 Views)

Biography Of Rear-Admiral Awwal Zubairu Gambo (New Chief Of Naval Staff) / Sanwo-Olu: Lagos To Give Ndubuisi Kanu A Befitting Burial / Otuekong Idongesit Nkanga Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex Governor Akwa Ibom) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by HeWrites(m): 11:04am On Jan 13, 2021
Rear Admiral (retired) Ndubuisi Godwin Kanu has died from COVID-19 complications at 78, Igbere TV can confirm.

Speaking to this newspaper's correspondent under the condition of anonymity on Wednesday, a source close to the family of the deceased confirmed that he died in the early hours of Wednesday.

Ndubuisi Kanu was appointed military governor of Imo State, Nigeria in March 1976 during the military regime of General Olusegun Obasanjo.

He was the first governor after the decree that established the state from part of the old East Central State. He was transferred to become governor of Lagos State in 1977, leaving office in July 1978.

Naval career

Ndubuisi Kanu was born in Abia State in 1943 of Igbo origin. Joining the navy, he went to India for cadet training. His naval career included positions in Personnel, Logistics and Training. He obtained honorary Doctorate Degrees from the Imo State University and the Federal University of Technology, Owerri.

In July 1975 as a lieutenant commander he was appointed a member of Murtala Muhammed’s ruling Cabinet, the Supreme Military Council. Appointed governor of Imo State in March 1976, he brought in town planners to prepare a plan for Owerri. Kanu built roads in Owerri metropolis, expanded that number of Local Government Areas to 21 and founded the Imo Broadcasting Service, which went on air in December 1976.[citation needed] He later became Rear Admiral and Naval chief.

Post-retirement

After he retired he joined the pro-democracy movement and played a leading role in the agitation for the actualization of the annulled June 12, 1993 presidential election. He founded and is Chairman of RANGK LTD, a maritime consultancy, is Chairman of the Ohaneze Transition Caretaker Committee (OTC). and was Director of Fidelity Bank PLC. Kanu became a top National Democratic Coalition (NADECO) chieftain and became Chairman of the coalition in 2013.

In May 2008, Kanu called for a return to true federalism in Nigeria. In an interview in November 2008 he attacked what he called Unitarism, the excessive concentration of powers at the centre, and called for fundamental dialog between the different ethnic nationalities of Nigeria.

He attributed the conflict in the Niger Delta to the lack of regional power. In another interview, he pinpointed the second stage of the General Ibrahim Babangida regime as the time when things started to go wrong, with increasingly centralized control.

He was among leaders who spoke in January 2010 at a Lagos rally of the Save Nigeria Group calling for Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan be made acting president during President Umaru Yar’Adua’s illness.

Kanu has been married thrice and has ten children – Simone, Audrey, Kelly, Karen, Paula, Jeffery, Vanessa, Samantha, Laura and Stephen.

https://igberetvnews.com/1378822/breaking-ex-imo-military-gov-rear-admiral-ndubuisi-kanu-dies-covid-19/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 13, 2021
Arrrrrrrh

Rip Sir !

Everybody is dying because of covid 19. Please be safe !

To some extent, people die every day without us knowing. Today 12 or 8 persons die from covid 19 and we don't know them. so I see no reason for this news.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by mrfreestuff: 11:14am On Jan 13, 2021
HeWrites:

https://igberetvnews.com/1378822/breaking-ex-imo-military-gov-rear-admiral-ndubuisi-kanu-dies-covid-19/

Lalasticlala
A true patriot just went home to rest.
His memory should be preserved.
May God console his immediate family and associates. Adieu Great Nigerian Patriot!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by donbachi(m): 11:15am On Jan 13, 2021
Those him daughters names,just reminded me of the song by dmx.."wat biitches want from a niggar"...shawn,annex,belinda,karina,katrina,melinda...RIP.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by AmadiAba: 11:52am On Jan 13, 2021
R I P
Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 13, 2021
These are the last days... Righteousness89 pls finish this sermon for megrin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by morikee: 12:09pm On Jan 13, 2021
Covid-21 chai Rip.

1 Like

Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:09pm On Jan 13, 2021
From all of us @[b][/b] : May his soul Rest in perfect peace.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by BigDawsNet: 12:10pm On Jan 13, 2021
No more attention on deck! Rest gallant

1 Like

Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by wwwihy: 12:10pm On Jan 13, 2021
Rest in Peace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by blinking001(m): 12:10pm On Jan 13, 2021
May his soul rest in peace....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by GOFRONT(m): 12:10pm On Jan 13, 2021
This corona can sha sabi beat around the bush......Go and hit the main target but hell NO!!!.....It keeps hitting the wrong darling daddy...

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:10pm On Jan 13, 2021
May God rest his soul and comfort the bereaved family.

1 Like

Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by LaIasticlale: 12:10pm On Jan 13, 2021
Rest in peace
Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by aduhube: 12:10pm On Jan 13, 2021
Condolences!

His own trumpet has sounded.

Yours may be next minute, next day, next week, next month, next year, next decade or even next century.

What matters is who you live for.

Heaven is real. Hell is real also.

Where do you choose to spend your eternity?

Do you live for yourself or for Christ?

More reason you need to confess your sins and give your life to Jesus Christ, if you haven't done so.

This may be your last opportunity.

Give your life to Jesus Christ

5 Likes

Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by Dansioligy: 12:10pm On Jan 13, 2021
Rest on Sir. you will be remembered this Friday during the Arm forces Remembrance day
Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by Providence2020(m): 12:10pm On Jan 13, 2021
Damn this covid-19 second wave really is something angry
Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by bigdammyj: 12:11pm On Jan 13, 2021
Noted

R.I.P.
Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by Ogbuu101: 12:11pm On Jan 13, 2021
donbachi:
Those him daughters names,just reminded me of the song by dmx.."wat biitches want from a niggar"...shawn,annex,belinda,karina,katrina,melinda...RIP.
Bad child

1 Like

Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by 0botimes: 12:11pm On Jan 13, 2021
This virus is not playing o
Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by Quality12Idea: 12:11pm On Jan 13, 2021
Rip

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 13, 2021
COVID 19 IS REAL..

I have said it many times, and I have never doubted from the word go...but over the last one month, people my family knows have been affected...with some even dying.

Am even considering staying away from my elderly parents for now..as I work on the frontline.

COVID is real

And as mkuch as poeople will abuse and yell at me....we may need a lockdown, because if this thing gets out of control....the amount of m oney we will spend dealing with the fallout will be more than the cost of any lockdown.

As for vaccines.....too early to say if they work

Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by dahnimoh(m): 12:11pm On Jan 13, 2021
Rip

1 Like

Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by AFULA(m): 12:11pm On Jan 13, 2021
Rest In Peace
Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by samwheel(m): 12:12pm On Jan 13, 2021
2020won is just a pro max of 2020, just hearing death everywhere. My guy loss his dad on d 1st of dis year.
Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by englishmart(m): 12:12pm On Jan 13, 2021
The world might just mysteriously end. I'm not talking about rapture o.

1 Like

Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by Medicinest: 12:12pm On Jan 13, 2021
Oga o. RIP
Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by majamajic(m): 12:12pm On Jan 13, 2021
A park was named after him in Lagos in appreciation
Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by mariahAngel(f): 12:12pm On Jan 13, 2021
What a way to die.
Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by gungab(m): 12:12pm On Jan 13, 2021
RIP

1 Like

Re: Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (Ex-Imo Military Governor) by OakConsultNG: 12:12pm On Jan 13, 2021
sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo And Wife Celebrate Valentine In Dubai (Photo) / 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police / 12 Boko Haram Members Killed By Soldiers - Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.