Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,287 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Will Few Make Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Few Make Heaven? (1571 Views)

Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / "Pastor Adeboye Won't Make Heaven" - Daddy Freeze Gives 5 Reasons / RCCG Pastor: "Dangote Will Not Make Heaven" - Daddy Freeze Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Few Make Heaven? by paxonel(m): 11:31am On Jan 13, 2021
Only intelligent people who have made their bible their friend will understand this and know the truth and be free from the grip of religion.

You will recall that the disciples of Jesus asked him a similar question in Luke 13:23(take note : this question was asked before Jesus was crucified)

But i think this is a wrong question to ask in this dispensation after Christ has been crucified and he is resurrected. Rather, the right question that should be asked in today's reality is "Are there few that are in heaven? " seeing that heaven is already here with us through the death and resurrection of Christ, unlike the period when Christ has not been crucified.

we have to consider time when reading the bible.

there was time before the crucifixion of Christ which include the period when Jesus was yet alive on earth with his disciples before he was crucified, and there is was time after his death and resurrection, this is where we Christians belong which is heaven.

what am i driving at?
we this current era Christians without considering time, read bible that was written approximately 2000 years ago and try to make what we have read our current day reality and our future,it doesn't work that way.

For our benefits, the bible should be treated today as a book and past events and nothing else.

Are there few that are in heaven?
The answer is no!

Currently, there are billions of believers worldwide saved by Grace, they are not few.
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:28pm On Jan 13, 2021
Heaven is for few that's the significance of number 144,000 {Revelations 14:1 compared to Luke 12:32} it's earth that God purposed for billions to live not heaven! Psalms 115:16 smiley
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by paxonel(m): 2:53pm On Jan 13, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Heaven is for few that's the significance of number 144,000 {Revelations 14:1 compared to Luke 12:32} it's earth that God purposed for billions to live not heaven! Psalms 115:16 smiley
no!
The significance of the number 144,000 is that the Jews(Israelites) of that time, were not excluded from heaven. They are entitled to it along side with the gentiles so long they believe in Christ. Romans 1:16
That the 12 tribes of Israel(12×12,000 assuming each tribes were numbered 12,000) that they were sealed for heaven (not excluded from heaven), all of them, so long they believe. (Revelation 7:5-cool

And you know, heaven is on this earth. So both the Jews and the gentiles we are all here now.

1 Like

Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:14pm On Jan 13, 2021
Are you sure that the list of names given @ Revelations 7:5-8 is the same as the real names of Jacob's 12 sons? Exodus 1:2-5

Please carefully cross-check then let me know what you think! smiley

paxonel:

no!
The significance of the number 144,000 is that the Jews(Israelites) of that time, were not excluded from heaven. They are entitled to it along side with the gentiles so long they believe in Christ. Romans 1:16
That the 12 tribes of Israel(12×12,000 assuming each tribes were numbered 12,000) that they were sealed for heaven (not excluded from heaven), all of them, so long they believe. (Revelation 7:5-8)

And you know, heaven is on this earth. So both the Jews and the gentiles we are all here now.
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by Jeromejnr(m): 3:28pm On Jan 13, 2021
See as this OP just twisted scriptures and ended up with a modernistic man principled and humanistic conclusion.

2 Likes

Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by paxonel(m): 5:13pm On Jan 13, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Are you sure that the list of names given @ Revelations 7:5-8 is the same as the real names of Jacob's 12 sons? Exodus 1:2-5

Please carefully cross-check then let me know what you think! smiley

Basically, they are the same

Exodus 1 mentioned
1. Reuben
2.Simeon
3.Levi
4.Judah
5.Issachar
6.Zebulun
7.Benjamin
8.Dan
9.Naphtali
10.Gad
11.Asher

Revelation 7 mentioned
1.Reuben
10.Gad,
11.Aser
9.Nephthali
2.Simeon
3.Levi
5.Issachar
6.Zabulon
*Joseph
7.Benjamin
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by paxonel(m): 5:26pm On Jan 13, 2021
Jeromejnr:
See as this OP just twisted scriptures and ended up with a modernistic man principled and humanistic conclusion.
modernistic?
If you say so, it's still good. Cos we can't exclude God from this modern day.

Humanistic?
Also good, cos present day humans should be considered first how interpretation of scriptures are affecting their present lives whether the interpretations are affecting their lives positively or negatively.
The ones that are affecting their lives negatively should be discarded no matter how long it has been established, while the ones that are affecting their lives positively should be uphold.

It's like you have gone to school to study a course. If whatever course you have studied is affecting your current life positively, then you have studied a validated truth.
But if it is affecting your life negatively, then you had wasted money paying school fees and what you study does not apply to reality.

Remember, the op started by saying only the truth can set us free.
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by KNOWMORE56: 5:42pm On Jan 13, 2021
paxonel:
Only intelligent people who have made their bible their friend will understand this and know the truth and be free from the grip of religion.

You will recall that the disciples of Jesus asked him a similar question in Luke 13:23(take note : this question was asked before Jesus was crucified)

But i think this is a wrong question to ask in this dispensation after Christ has been crucified and he is resurrected. Rather, the right question that should be asked in today's reality is "Are there few that are in heaven? " seeing that heaven is already here with us through the death and resurrection of Christ, unlike the period when Christ has not been crucified.

there was time before the crucifixion of Christ which include the period when Jesus was yet alive on earth with his disciples before he was crucified, and there is was time after his death and resurrection, this is where we Christians belong which is heaven.

what am i driving at?
we this current era Christians without considering time, read bible that was written approximately 2000 years ago and try to make what we have read our current day reality and our future,it doesn't work that way.

For our benefits, the bible should be treated today as a book and past events and nothing else.

The answer is no!

Currently, there are billions of believers worldwide saved by Grace, they are not few.

The believers understanding of the kingdom of God is more than this.

1 Like

Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by KNOWMORE56: 6:06pm On Jan 13, 2021
paxonel:

Exodus 1 mentioned
1. Reuben
2.Simeon
3.Levi
4.Judah
5.Issachar
6.Zebulun
7.Benjamin
8.Dan
9.Naphtali
10.Gad
11.Asher

Revelation 7 mentioned
1.Reuben
10.Gad,
11.Aser
9.Nephthali
2.Simeon
3.Levi
5.Issachar
6.Zabulon
*Joseph
7.Benjamin

I will like you to know that the list of the names of the Son's of Jacob are slightly different from the names of the tribes of Israel.

Exodus 1:1-5 give the names of the son of Jacob, while
the names of the tribes are found in
Numbers 1: (verses)21,23,25,27,29,33,35,37,39,41,43, and 44-46.

In revelation 7:1-9, tribes of Dan and Ephraim are missing, replace with Levi and Joseph.

Heaven is for all. The condition is WHOEVER WILL:

*. Revelations 22:17 "KJV:And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And WHOSOEVER WILL, LET HIM TAKE THE WATER OF LIFE FREELY."

other places to see the word WHOEVER: Matthew 5:19; Mark 3:35; Luke 6:47; John 3:15; 1 John 3:10 and more.

Thanks.
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by KNOWMORE56: 6:08pm On Jan 13, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Please carefully cross-check then let me know what you think! :

I will like you to know that the list of the names of the Son's of Jacob are slightly different from the names of the tribes of Israel.

In revelation 7:1-9, tribes of Dan and Ephraim are missing, replace with Levi and Joseph.

*. Revelations 22:17 "KJV:And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And WHOSOEVER WILL, LET HIM TAKE THE WATER OF LIFE FREELY."

other places to see the word WHOEVER: Matthew 5:19; Mark 3:35; Luke 6:47; John 3:15; 1 John 3:10 and more.

Thanks.
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:09pm On Jan 13, 2021
The list consist of twelve names in both but not the same names. Exodus 1:2-5; Revelations 7:5-8
Check again but this time carefully!

paxonel:

Exodus 1 mentioned
1. Reuben
2.Simeon
3.Levi
4.Judah
5.Issachar
6.Zebulun
7.Benjamin
8.Dan
9.Naphtali
10.Gad
11.Asher

Revelation 7 mentioned
1.Reuben
10.Gad,
11.Aser
9.Nephthali
2.Simeon
3.Levi
5.Issachar
6.Zabulon
*Joseph
7.Benjamin

Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by paxonel(m): 6:45pm On Jan 13, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The list consist of twelve names in both but not the same names. Exodus 1:2-5; Revelations 7:5-8
Check again but this time carefully!

it really do not matter what names were mentioned in each of the scriptures, the basic idea is : The descendants of Jacob(Israelites) were the ones the promise of heaven were made for initially before gentiles like us were included, it was part of the covenant God had with Abraham their fore-father, that is why those names were mentioned in revelation 7 and that is why the figure 144, 000 is there in the book of revelation
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by paxonel(m): 6:56pm On Jan 13, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

Thanks.
Thank you very much!
Heaven is for all, WHOSEVER WILL! that is the most important
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:09pm On Jan 13, 2021
It's OK Sir! smiley

paxonel:
it really do not matter what names were mentioned in each of the scriptures, the basic idea is : The descendants of Jacob(Israelites) were the ones the promise of heaven were made for initially before gentiles like us were included, it was part of the covenant God had with Abraham their fore-father, that is why those names were mentioned in revelation 7 and that is why the figure 144, 000 is there in the book of revelation
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 3:16am On Jan 19, 2021
paxonel:

what am i driving at?

The answer is no!

There are no people in Heaven or Hell. I am afraid you are greatly misinformed.

Even the apostles are still sleeping in their graves, waiting for their chance at Heaven. If you did not know this, then it is possible that your entire assumption is just that, wrong!

1 Like

Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by paxonel(m): 5:52am On Jan 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
There are no people in Heaven or Hell. I am afraid you are greatly misinformed.

Even the apostles are still sleeping in their graves, waiting for their chance at Heaven. If you did not know this, then it is possible that your entire assumption is just that, wrong!
ofcourse you do not have any scripture to back up this idea of yours.

On the contrary,

Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

That means we have been translated into heaven already, we are already there

Heaven is a thing of faith in our heart here on this earth, not some kind of a physical place where people go
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 6:05am On Jan 19, 2021
paxonel:
ofcourse you do not have any scripture to back up this idea of yours.

On the contrary,

Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

That means we have been translated into heaven already, we are already there

Heaven is a thing of faith in our heart here on this earth, not some kind of a physical place where people go
I am sorry, what? undecided
Heaven is a thing of faith in our heart on this earth?

So when Jesus Christ informed His disciples that He would go to prepare a place for them in His Father's house, that was a lie? undecided

When Jesus Christ explained that upon His return, those who obey Him would be ushered into His Kingdom whereas the others will be cast out into the eternal darkness, that was also a lie? undecided

If truly you believe that Heaven is not a place but a state of the human mind/heart (I guess you also believe it survives after death) such as you posit, why then did you bother creating this thread in the first place? undecided

Jesus Christ was clear that no one would enter into Heaven(or Hell) until after His return - regardless of the meaning you attribute there to Paul's writing in colosians. Why do you not know this if indeed you have a better understanding of Heaven than I do? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by paxonel(m): 1:13pm On Jan 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:

I am sorry, what? undecided
Heaven is a thing of faith in our heart on this earth?
yes it is, and nothing else.

So when Jesus Christ informed His disciples that He would go to prepare a place for them in His Father's house, that was a lie? undecided
it is very possible that a lot of people misunderstood Jesus when he said that.

Look if Jesus was misunderstood when he said something in this scripture

John 21:23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?

Then certainly, it is very possible that our current day Christians have misunderstood Jesus when he said he is going to prepare a place

When Jesus Christ explained that upon His return, those who obey Him would be ushered into His Kingdom whereas the others will be cast out into the eternal darkness, that was also a lie? undecided
the question you should ask is, how is the return of Jesus going to look like?

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

The only possible understanding to this scripture as it applies to reality is that, the return of Jesus is the day we will die, that is the day of judgement, After that life continues.
That means, those who didn't die will continue living till it's their turn to die and face judgement, therefore the return of Jesus is different date for different people.

The return of Jesus is not one big apocalyptic event or any rapture. I have proved several times that the word rapture is not found in the bible.
That scriptures that seems to appear to be rapture (1 cor 15:52 and 1 thes 4:16 which aimed was to explain resurrection of the dead, not rapture) were possibly misinterpreted by the ancient catholic church(possibly uneducated humans) where today's conventional doctrines are based on

If truly you believe that Heaven is not a place but a state of the human mind/heart (I guess you also believe it survives after death) such as you posit, why then did you bother creating this thread in the first place? undecided

??

perhaps you may see the reason now grin

Jesus Christ was clear that no one would enter into Heaven(or hell) until after his return
where?
where in the scriptures? grin

regardless of the meaning you attribute there to Paul's writing in colosians. Why do you not know this if indeed you have a better understanding of Heaven than I do? undecided
please be specific!
what chapter and verse of Colossians?

Have you heard that religion is causing more problems to the society than bringing solutions?
That statement is very true grin

Intellectually, people are lost! Especially in Africa grin

They live terribly in contradiction thinking they are practicing Christianity.
The problem is not the bible,
The problem is the people being too dogmatic.

You know, the Pharisees in the bible also were too dogmatic of their Judaism doctrines that's why they couldn't accept the new teachings Jesus Christ.
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by sonmvayina(m): 1:44pm On Jan 19, 2021
Life is a circle...no begining ,no ending...

1 Like

Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On Jan 19, 2021
paxonel:
yes it is, and nothing else.
it is very possible that a lot of people misunderstood Jesus when he said that.

Look if Jesus was misunderstood when he said something in this scripture

John 21:23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?

Then certainly, it is very possible that our current day Christians have misunderstood Jesus when he said he is going to prepare a place
the question you should ask is, how is the return of Jesus going to look like?

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

The only possible understanding to this scripture as it applies to reality is that, the return of Jesus is the day we will die, that is the day of judgement, After that life continues.
That means, those who didn't die will continue living till it's their turn to die and face judgement, therefore the return of Jesus is different date for different people.

The return of Jesus is not one big apocalyptic event or any rapture. I have proved several times that the word rapture is not found in the bible.
That scriptures that seems to appear to be rapture (1 cor 15:52 and 1 thes 4:16 which aimed was to explain resurrection of the dead, not rapture) were possibly misinterpreted by the ancient catholic church(possibly uneducated humans) where today's conventional doctrines are based on

??

perhaps you may see the reason now grin
where?
where in the scriptures? grin
please be specific!
what chapter and verse of Colossians?

Have you heard that religion is causing more problems to the society than bringing solutions?
That statement is very true grin

Intellectually, people are lost! Especially in Africa grin

They live terribly in contradiction thinking they are practicing Christianity.
The problem is not the bible,
The problem is the people being too dogmatic.

You know, the Pharisees in the bible also were too dogmatic of their Judaism doctrines that's why they couldn't accept the new teachings Jesus Christ.
The problems in society as described by you have more to do with ignorance of what is in fact written in the books of the Bible since many have taken to conjuring u ideas in their minds pretending those can sufficiently replace what is stated.

Everything I wrote of can be easily found in the Bible by anyone who has at least read the gospels with out blinders over their eyes. I am afraid that providing you the direct references to Jesus Christ's own statements will not do since you deny His very claims that Heaven is a place He ascended to.
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by Image123(m): 6:34pm On Jan 19, 2021
i go make am, o sure ju. i know Jwickedness people no wan make am. They go dey misquote all the cramming for their heads.
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by paxonel(m): 7:54pm On Jan 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The problems in society as described by you have more to do with ignorance of what is in fact written in the books of the Bible since many have taken to conjuring u ideas in their minds pretending those can sufficiently replace what is stated.

Everything I wrote of can be easily found in the Bible by anyone who has at least read the gospels with out blinders over their eyes. I am afraid that providing you the direct references to Jesus Christ's own statements will not do since you deny His very claims that Heaven is a place He ascended to.
To butress what i have been saying, look at this scripture

Luke 19:11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.

The question is : Did the kingdom of God appear?
The answer is no!
Rather, what happened was that Jesus was crucified, not that the kingdom appeared.

Why will they think initially that the kingdom of God will appear?
Because they were deceived by doctrines, just like today people are deceived that rapture will come and take people to a place
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 8:07pm On Jan 19, 2021
paxonel:

To butress what i have been saying, look at this scripture

Luke 19:11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.

The question is : Did the kingdom of God appear?
The answer is no!
Rather, what happened was that Jesus was crucified, not that the kingdom appeared.

Why will they think initially that the kingdom of God will appear?
Because they were deceived by doctrines, just like today people are deceived that rapture will come and take people to a place
That verse from Luke says absolutely nothing of what you claim it does.
And the questions you ask....i can't even make sense of any of them. Why would the kingdom of God appear? undecided

So because the people thought a thing, it was then meant to be so? undecided

Deceived by doctrines? Whose doctrines? Jesus Christ was the first to speak to them of the Kingdom of God....so if they did not understand what Jesus Christ taught, does that somehow mean Jesus Christ decieved them? undecided

Jesus Christ cleared up their confusion by telling them a story in the same Luke 19 beginning from the next verse, so why in the world would you suggest that that one verse there supposedly supports any of what you have said here about the kingdom of Heaven being a mental illusion of sorts and not a allcation as Jesus Christ Himself clearly suggests in the story that followed? undecided
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by paxonel(m): 9:09pm On Jan 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
That verse from Luke says absolutely nothing of what you claim it does.
I have said that the people thought that the kingdom of God will suddenly appear because it was time for Jesus to be crucified, did the scripture suggest something different from that, I even embolded it?

Luke 19: 11....and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.

And the questions you ask....i can't even make sense of any of them. Why would the kingdom of God appear? undecided
the same question I'm asking, because it doesn't make sense to me that the kingdom should appear.

So because the people thought a thing, it was then meant to be so? undecided
no!
I didn't say it was meant to be so. I'm infact pointing out that the people were wrong, just like people of today are wrong thinking that there will be rapture or something

Deceived by doctrines? Whose doctrines? Jesus Christ was the first to speak to them of the Kingdom of God
no, Jesus Christ wasn't the first.
For the people to think that the kingdom will suddenly come down it means they were wrongly thought on how the kingdom was going to come, by Judaism a long time ago, not Jesus Christ..
Remember, these people were Jews

....so if they did not understand what Jesus Christ taught, does that somehow mean Jesus Christ decieved them? undecided
when i said they were deceived by doctrines, i didn't mean Jesus doctrines

Jesus Christ cleared up their confusion by telling them a story in the same Luke 19 beginning from the next verse,
that was after Jesus sensed that they were confused, so he cleared up their confusion

so why in the world would you suggest that that one verse there supposedly supports any of what you have said here about the kingdom of Heaven being a mental illusion of sorts and not a allcation as Jesus Christ Himself clearly suggests in the story that followed? undecided
grin grin grin grin
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 9:24pm On Jan 19, 2021
paxonel:
I have said that the people thought that the kingdom of God will suddenly appear because it was time for Jesus to be crucified, did the scripture suggest something different from that, I even embolded it?

Luke 19: 11....and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
the same question I'm asking, because it doesn't make sense to me that the kingdom should appear.
no!
I didn't say it was meant to be so. I'm infact pointing out that the people were wrong, just like people of today are wrong thinking that there will be rapture or something
no, Jesus Christ wasn't the first.
For the people to think that the kingdom will suddenly come down it means they were wrongly thought on how the kingdom was going to come, by Judaism a long time ago, not Jesus Christ..
Remember, these people were Jews
when i said they were deceived by doctrines, i didn't mean Jesus doctrines
that was after Jesus sensed that they were confused, so he cleared up their confusion
grin grin grin grin
Before Jesus Christ there was no promise of a Heaven or a Hell to the Jewish people, not was there a promise of life after death as you know of it today thanks to Jesus Christ. There were various ideas in existence at the time, most all of them based on pagan beliefs which had no scriptural grounding. Those he's who believed for a messiah at the time, believed instead for an actual event to save and set Israel above it's enemies, and they looked for that to happen in any form.
When Jesus Christ arroved, not with an army but teaching instead of a Kingdom to come, it is no surprise that there were those who believed the messiah would usher in the new reign they long expected.
The people's delusions aside though, Jesus Christ was the first to bring in the idea of a Kingdom outside of Jerusalem, of Israel even - a kingdom not ruled by Israels king's but by God and God alone.
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by paxonel(m): 8:27am On Jan 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Before Jesus Christ there was no promise of a Heaven or a Hell to the Jewish people, not was there a promise of life after death as you know of it today thanks to Jesus Christ. There were various ideas in existence at the time, most all of them based on pagan beliefs which had no scriptural grounding. Those he's who believed for a messiah at the time, believed instead for an actual event to save and set Israel above it's enemies, and they looked for that to happen in any form.
When Jesus Christ arroved, not with an army but teaching instead of a Kingdom to come, it is no surprise that there were those who believed the messiah would usher in the new reign they long expected.
The people's delusions aside though, Jesus Christ was the first to bring in the idea of a Kingdom outside of Jerusalem, of Israel even - a kingdom not ruled by Israels king's but by God and God alone.
Take a look at this :

Genesis 17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

Tell me that this promise of God to Abraham and his descendants wasn't the promise of the kingdom of God? grin

And if you think that the promise wasn't the promise of the kingdom of God do you agree that the kingdom of God is everlasting?

If the kingdom of God is everlasting why is then this covenant everlasting?
Don't you think that this promise was the promise of the kingdom?
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 8:32am On Jan 20, 2021
paxonel:

Take a look at this :

Genesis 17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

Tell me that this promise of God to Abraham and his descendants wasn't the promise of the kingdom of God? grin

And if you think that the promise wasn't the promise of the kingdom of God do you agree that the kingdom of God is everlasting?

If the kingdom of God is everlasting why is then this covenant everlasting?
Don't you think that this promise was the promise of the kingdom?
Go back and re-read Genesis 17 beginning from verse 1 through 8, then come back and those questions of yours again to see if they still make sense afterwards. undecided

While you are at it, read Deuteronomy 30 where God ratified the covenant/agreement spoken of in Genesis 17 there, and be sure to attempt the entire chapter which explains thet the covenant is question(The old Covenant) is indeed the one promised to Abraham and His descendants, and the promise is of the land of Canaan( no mention of a heaven or a hell) forever, just as God promised Abraham in Genesis 17.

1 Like

Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by paxonel(m): 10:56am On Jan 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Go back and re-read Genesis 17 beginning from verse 1 through 8, then come back and those questions of yours again to see if they still make sense afterwards. undecided

While you are at it, read Deuteronomy 30 where God ratified the covenant/agreement spoken of in Genesis 17 there, and be sure to attempt the entire chapter which explains thet the covenant is question(The old Covenant) is indeed the one promised to Abraham and His descendants, and the promise is of the land of Canaan( no mention of a heaven or a hell) forever, just as God promised Abraham in Genesis 17.
you are running away from the question.

Is the covenant everlasting yes or no?

If you say the covenant is not everlasting in contrary to what Genesis 17: 7 has said, show me anywhere in whole chapter of Genesis 17, or show me anywhere in Deuteronomy 30 that have said otherwise that the covenant is not everlasting.
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 11:04am On Jan 20, 2021
paxonel:
you are running away from the question.

Is the covenant everlasting yes or no?

If you say the covenant is not everlasting in contrary to what Genesis 17: 7 has said, show me anywhere in the whole chapter of Genesis 17, or show me anywhere in Deuteronomy 30 that have said otherwise that the covenant is not everlasting.
Just so you know, it seems you have veered off the topic we started on with this. I don't see the relevance of your introduceetion of genesis 17 to the discussion that was originally on the Kingdom of Heaven, which is not mentioned anywhere in the Old Testament nor as part of the Old covenant, an everlasting covenant between God and the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. undecided
So, try to fill me in on where you are going with this. undecided
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by paxonel(m): 12:33pm On Jan 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Just so you know, it seems you have veered off the topic we started on with this. I don't see the relevance of your introduceetion of genesis 17 to the discussion that was originally on the Kingdom of Heaven, which is not mentioned anywhere in the Old Testament nor as part of the Old covenant, an everlasting covenant between God and the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. undecided
So, try to fill me in on where you are going with this. undecided
oh,
You didn't see that the kingdom of God is everlasting, or the everlasting kingdom is not relevant to an everlasting covenant?

OK o grin grin
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by UgoFly: 12:44pm On Jan 20, 2021
Really scared at the way this Paxonel guy interprets the clear wordings of the scripture to suit his own flawed narrative. Kobojunkie you are just wasting your time arguing. Some people are supposed to be left in their folly.

1 Like

Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by paxonel(m): 2:53pm On Jan 20, 2021
UgoFly:
Really scared at the way this Paxonel guy interprets the clear wordings of the scripture to suit his own flawed narrative. Kobojunkie you are just wasting your time arguing. Some people are supposed to be left in their folly.
really?
It's not your fault.

By the time you find yourself in Europe with your skewed mentality caused by African traditions and faulty religious doctrines of jw and other conventional religion, you will know by then whether Africans are the ones foolish or not.

Europe brought bible to Africa, now you Africans who don't understand the content of it want to preach it.
Nor take education seriously first

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics / Do We Have To Take Our Pastor/Priest Words and Directives? / Read A Daily Devotional Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.