Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,651 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) (77300 Views)

Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) / Beautiful Lady Drops Suicide Note On Facebook (Photos) / Man Found Dead Alongside His Girlfriend In Delta Left 'Suicide Note' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by juman(m): 6:03pm On Jan 13, 2021
I am also depress for many years.
I cant find pounded yam but only poundo.

He was stupid.
Life is not easy.
When you do one thing and it is not so positive you do another thing.
Life is continuous struggle.
Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by Tonymario58: 6:04pm On Jan 13, 2021
Depression is real,
Depression is like any other medical illnesses (diabetes, Malaria) and like those, is treatable with medication.
I can't forget the day one of my clients whom we had diagnosed of major depressive disorder with psychotic manifestations came on follow up and said to me "doc thank you for saving my life), I was confused initially but when I realized she was one, I immediately thanked her for accepting to come for treatment.
This patient when I first saw her has had enough of life's problems which triggered her illness.
Take home �
1.Depression is a medical illness (sufferers will always tell you when their problems started) our hero above bore his for 7 years.
2. There are always triggers especially negative episodes of life. Please don't come up with the bullshit of everyone has problems as we all have different threshold to bear wahalas. Our guy's problem has something to do with his FATHER and both of them and maybe the family knew that.
3. DEPRESSION IS TREATABLE WITH DRUGS (PILLS).
WHEN YOU SEE YOU'RE LOSING IT, PLEASE SEEK FOR HELP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by Tonymario58: 6:06pm On Jan 13, 2021
juman:
I am also depress for many years.
I cant find pounded yam but only poundo.

He was stupid.
Life is not easy.
When you do one thing and it is not so positive you do another thing.
Life is continuous struggle.

I pity education because you're a disappointment to it.
Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by Chummynoni(m): 6:07pm On Jan 13, 2021
This guy was indeed brillant!. So many powerful quotes in his letter. Rip
Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by KIDfurniture(m): 6:09pm On Jan 13, 2021
Speechless.. just like that .....people just weak sha
Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by hayoholla(m): 6:09pm On Jan 13, 2021
NwaNimo1:
His punishment should be to reincarnate immediately in Borno state.

[img]https://media./images/ac5ecb53eda4d3011be648f4873987ac/tenor.gif[/img]

190 million Nigerians are depressed!

Bomb dey ur head grin
Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by zedegit: 6:11pm On Jan 13, 2021
SweetCunt97:
Getting a loan dey push people to simply end it all when they can't pay o. These apps will send damning messages to your contact. Look around u, render services and you will be rewarded

I do need the loan. Do you know how I can get it?
Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by PotatoSalad(m): 6:11pm On Jan 13, 2021
Raysleek:
That devil is a liar. Depression is a spirit. Whenever you feel down and depressed like this, confront that devil and tell it to loose hold of your mind. Dont give up, Don't give in. Its not you, its the devil. Close all doors to the devil
You're mad.
Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by OscarJaden(m): 6:14pm On Jan 13, 2021
Dchampion65:

What exactly is causing your depression. What are you passing through that no one has ever passed through before.

Milo is not a drink for champion but perseverance, ruggedness, daily training and faith for greater tommorrow.

The world, this generation and incoming generation are waiting to hear/read on how you overcome your challenge with standing ovation.
thank you boss
I appreciate
Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by Omoluabi16(m): 6:18pm On Jan 13, 2021
I'm of the opinion that a loving family, good friendship/true friends and a healthy relationship can beat any form of depression. This is hard to understand. Guy looks quite bubbly, only God know what must've been his struggles.
Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by Juliearth(f): 6:18pm On Jan 13, 2021
NextD18:
"The noise got too loud, but now the noise can stop"

That statement was deep coming from him. To even think he battled depression for 7 years while carrying out his daily activities makes me believe depression got no particular symptom to get people's attention to you.

You can look and appear like the happiest person alive in the public, social media or gathering, whereas you are mentally struggling and battling a lot.

You can battle it for 10 years without even knowing you are battling depression because you'll have to nurture your system on how to cope and endure overthinking, unrest and no peace of mind. All these will be endured without speaking to anyone because you've gotten use to it and feel it's normal until it hits you to the point you can't endure anymore which normally leads to suicidal thoughts.

Please learn to speak up when you start loosing your sanity and peace of mind.

Depression is real, but I believe it can be curtailed if people try to show a little more empathy to one another. Please if you are reading this and you are depressed, don't wallow in misery alone, speak to someone. Suicide is never the answer! Why suffer here on earth and still sign yourself up for eternal condemnation. Don't let the devil have the final say, soro soke!
Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by Juliearth(f): 6:19pm On Jan 13, 2021
NextD18:

That statement was deep coming from him. To even think he battled depression for 7 years while carrying out his daily activities makes me believe depression got no particular symptom to get people's attention to you.

You can look and appear like the happiest person alive in the public, social media or gathering, whereas you are mentally struggling and battling a lot.

You can battle it for 10 years without even knowing you are battling depression because you'll have to nurture your system on how to cope and endure overthinking, unrest and no peace of mind. All these will be endured without speaking to anyone because you've gotten use to it and feel it's normal until it hits you to the point you can't endure anymore which normally leads to suicidal thoughts.

Depression is real, but I believe it can be curtailed if people try to show a little more empathy to one another. Please if you are reading this and you are depressed, don't wallow in misery alone, speak to someone. Suicide is never the answer! Why suffer here on earth and still sign yourself up for eternal condemnation. Don't let the devil have the final say, soro so*e!
Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by Juliearth(f): 6:20pm On Jan 13, 2021
Raysleek:
That devil is a liar. Depression is a spirit. Whenever you feel down and depressed like this, confront that devil and tell it to loose hold of your mind. Dont give up, Don't give in. Its not you, its the devil. Close all doors to the devil
l

You are right about depression being a spirit.
Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by gaddafe(m): 6:20pm On Jan 13, 2021
NextD18:

To add to what you wrote, I also have been battling with depression for some years until last year January when I attempted suicide. It was after the rescue that I was taken to the hospital and I knew that there is actually a drug for depression. I mean a real drug that stops you from being depressed and I think the drug will alter your mood because after taking it I felt better but after two weeks it started and I was administered another dosage. My point here is that many Nigerians don't know there is a drug for depression. They think when you are taken to the hospital you will be advised and spoken to. More like psychologically working on you. This is not true. I feel many people needs to know depression can be cured. And the economic situation in Nigeria, I'm wondering how we are even still sane here.

1 Like

Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 13, 2021
"The noise got too loud,but now the noise can go
down"...... whatever gives people the impression that life on the other side is better than life here?......how sure was he that the noise was going to actually go down?........if you are among those battling depression,death should absolutely not be one of your options because of the following reasons.....
(1) you have no idea what those on the other sides is passing through,they may be ready to offer anything just to have a piece of that life that you think is not worth living

(2)...the stigma of suicide will always hurt your family for the rest of their lives as the entire society sees it as an abomination.etc

1 Like

Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by Olushola1144(m): 6:21pm On Jan 13, 2021
I have been battling with mine for several years also but i believe I'm going to survive it by God's grace. It's not easy.
Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by swift25(m): 6:22pm On Jan 13, 2021
This world is a wicked one filled with wicked people, people who are not happy that you are alive. They are waiting for you to take your own life and the majority of these are church going folk together with men in collars

1 Like

Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by SweetCunt97(f): 6:22pm On Jan 13, 2021
zedegit:

I do need the loan. Do you know how I can get it?
Naa
Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by edoairways: 6:24pm On Jan 13, 2021
Depression is indeed real. I have been battling with this for one decade. It is well
Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by Lashist(m): 6:25pm On Jan 13, 2021
habsydiamond:
No matter how bad this year is or will be. My people, friends, I and family will celebrate success upon success. We will never be elements of bad news... Amen.
No be by writing it on NL front page. Dey call dem to keep checking up on all of them everyday wink
Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by blazepascal(m): 6:26pm On Jan 13, 2021
Kriss216:
embarassed

LIFE IS LIKE A PARTY, WHEN YOU STOP HAVING FUN, LEAVE.
yes but not killing your self suicide never solves anything
Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by vioment: 6:27pm On Jan 13, 2021
Chai. Nna eh. Dele get mind o.

I no dey support this kind thing, but you can tell say dele no wan do am. Chai.

Dele I pray you find peace and love on the other side. I pray that your family can adapt in this world without your own love for them.

God go see you through in life and in death.

To all the people wey dun loose hope, just hang in. Die trying. May God bless dele in the after life and others wey let go.
Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by boom99(m): 6:27pm On Jan 13, 2021
I believe that 90% of Nigerians face turbulent times. But one has to be bold and strong. We will pull through.....
Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:31pm On Jan 13, 2021
NwaNimo1:
His punishment should be to reincarnate immediately in Borno state.

[img]https://media./images/ac5ecb53eda4d3011be648f4873987ac/tenor.gif[/img]

190 million Nigerians are depressed!

Depression get level bro
Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by CoolJul: 6:31pm On Jan 13, 2021
Kayberg:
embarassed
If no one understood you bro, I do.

I just pray I get over mine soon….
Been difficult hanging on for too long while your fingers hurt and telling your heart and head, "Let go of this edge."
Please whatever you do don't give up. Talk to someone, u can talk to me. All challenges are summountable.

1 Like

Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 13, 2021
He should have spoken to someone. It helps. Or better still gotten closer to God.

RIP.
Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by mojid22000: 6:33pm On Jan 13, 2021
Once you start considering suicide or you're having suicidal thoughts, speak up. There's no shame in talking to a psychiatrist

May Allah safeguard us all

Hope it's free talking to a psychiatrist?
Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by Lubumbashi: 6:36pm On Jan 13, 2021
Love is the only medication for depression and suicidal thoughts. Love, not pills like someone suggested in the thread. Love for God or Love for those around you, your family, your friends, your neighbours. Real love doesn't ask to be loved back. Real love is selfless. It is hard but love will always help you overcome.
Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by mojid22000: 6:37pm On Jan 13, 2021
CalliDora1:
He should have spoken to someone. It helps. Or better still gotten closer to God.

RIP.

Many of you think people care about others
They all have worries too
Many will tell you it's ur life and feel unconcerned,
Few will console you

You can pretend and experiment by telling people close to you that u are depressed and see their reactions

1 Like

Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by mojid22000: 6:39pm On Jan 13, 2021
The realest reality
Man must die someday, somehow and somewhere
Something must kill man
WE can't fight death except its not time
Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by Raysleek: 6:40pm On Jan 13, 2021
PotatoSalad:

You're mad.
no I'm not
Re: Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) by Babatunde7109(m): 6:41pm On Jan 13, 2021
UDOKABESTLUV:
Update From . COM

Nigerian man declared missing in Lagos found dead; See the suicide note he shared hours before he went missing

Nigerian man, Dele Bandele, who was declared missing by his friends and family on Tuesday, January 12, has been found dead.

Bandele, an advertising agent, was last seen at Omole Phase 2 and his last location was the 3rd Mainland Bridge.

Sadly, his body has been found.

Hours before his disappearance, Bandele left an apparent suicide note on his Instagram page in which he detailed his struggles with depression, He stated that he had battled with depression for seven years and was about to go find peace. He asked for forgiveness from anyone whom he might have offended.

He asked for everyone to pray for him to find rest and peace.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrOlufunmilayo/status/1349341845697028096

And just like that a generalisation has been made on ‘thinking deeply’ and/or ‘over thinking’. In their reformation, they are now known to be ‘Depression’.

Depression isn't a killer really, but because a cultural pattern has been created in such a way that once you're thinking deeply and often, you're in a state of depression and thus the thought: in death is peace.

Someone started it and the others deem it fit to follow.

It is just like everyone being of the opinion that if you're having headache, Paracetamol is the cure, leaving the cause of the headache. So if you don't attend to the cause -- even if the paracetamol represses the effect of the headache, the headache will definitely persist.

In application, if one feels they are over-brooding on things going on around them, then they should just find ways to tackle these things and not the almighty ‘‘depression”.

You might not have the needed ability to conquer the pattern-ridden depression, but you can always attend to those things putting you in that state of being.

Just imaging every individual who witnessed and suffered the consequences of the Nigerian Civil War killed themselves for being depressed over their losses, and how to recover back to their normal lives. Who go born you?

For those who really believe in the pattern attached to depression, I am sorry to say this: I don't think what most young lads are taking their precious lives for, in the guise of being depressed, is up to what most of our fathers and mothers have gone through (or are going through), but, yet, they live on.

NB: Just like war won't bring peace, killing oneself -- planning to go to the other side -- won't bring peace either. And just like buying the “bend and select” wears, bend and select your choice. But when selecting, be wise! There is only one option -- live or die -- and, of course, one chance.

I am grateful to God for helping get the many -- which is quite enough for some to take their lives -- unwanted situation.

This head wey small so don see and absorb many things. But u see dis life wey we dey live so, e no many; na just one. Guide and guard am well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- / Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It / 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria, Totalling 111 Confirmed Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.