Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs (11533 Views)

Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War / Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' / Osinbajo: We Are Learning ‘Shaku Shaku’ Dance Steps For Our Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by OgundeleTeju: 7:10pm On Jan 13, 2021
According to Prof. Osinbajo “we need to agree on terms that will give us a more competitive environment. We should find a way of producing oil cheaper at the largest volume possible given the circumstances and future of oil itself, and of course, given our requirements and needs."

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by Enudapan: 7:10pm On Jan 13, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by ChiefZaddy: 7:10pm On Jan 13, 2021
Everytime "we need to" till when?

Anyways check my signature, I sell data
Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by LadiIshola(m): 7:10pm On Jan 13, 2021
Lawship:
Oil that will soon phase out
Even when it does phase out, how many Africans can afford alternative and/or renewable source of energy? We like to follow trends but without thinking critically if those trends align with our realities here. Salam!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by TheRareGem1(f): 7:10pm On Jan 13, 2021
MelesZenawi:
Short ballistic thief.

Senseless tall thief

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by farem: 7:11pm On Jan 13, 2021
This is the only man that understands how our economy should work in the Presidency.
The rest around the daura man are cows

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by TheRareGem1(f): 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2021
dyera:
Producing oil, something that doesn't require brain input from you guys, is all you guys know how to do. Bunch of lazy ass leaders that cannot spearhead industrialization.

Do you even understand the thread at all? SMH for this one

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by Naijaarchive(m): 7:16pm On Jan 13, 2021
MelesZenawi:
Short ballistic thief.

grin grin
Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by TCTV(f): 7:17pm On Jan 13, 2021
we need to agree on terms that will give us a more competitive environment. We should find a way of producing oil cheaper at the largest volume possible given the circumstances and future of oil itself, and of course, given our requirements and needs.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by FLYFIRE(m): 7:18pm On Jan 13, 2021
4everisaac:
I trust the VP to drive Nigeria economy to an enviable height if given the full opportunity, judging by his performance in his short time as acting president during his boss' absence. He can deliver greatly but like I earlier stated if given the full opportunity
From where? From the refineries in Niger republic?
Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by TheRareGem1(f): 7:19pm On Jan 13, 2021
gurunlocker:
Almost 6 years....

'We need to' grin grin grin

Under PDP Jonathan's watch, in crude oil alone, Nigeria earned N51trillion in 5 years, with nothing to show for the revenue except monumental stealing, impunity and no serious project except giving us 3D drawing. What are you even saying, almost 6 years and we have had improved infrastructural development to start with

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by TheRareGem1(f): 7:19pm On Jan 13, 2021
farem:
This is the only man that understands how our economy should work in the Presidency.
The rest around the daura man are cows

Abi
Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by dyera(m): 7:20pm On Jan 13, 2021
TheRareGem1:

Do you even understand the thread at all? SMH for this one

Keep thinking of yourself as smart while you continue to support mediocrity.

All our leaders talk about is production of oil, something we've been doing since 1967 that has not taken us anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by michoim(m): 7:22pm On Jan 13, 2021
4everisaac:
I trust the VP to drive Nigeria economy to an enviable height if given the full opportunity, judging by his performance in his short time as acting president during his boss' absence. He can deliver greatly but like I earlier stated if given the full opportunity
Don't be hypocritical. He has all the opportunities, nobody is hindering him. The economy is constitutionally under him as the VP...and he is not complaining
Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by Soknown: 7:23pm On Jan 13, 2021
TheRareGem1:
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE
OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT

PETROLEUM INDUSTRY BILL (PIB):

WE NEED TO PRODUCE LARGEST OIL VOLUMES POSSIBLE AT CHEAPER COSTS, OSINBAJO TELLS OIL & GAS STAKEHOLDERS

*VP adds: “Gas should be an enabler for quick development”

Stakeholders in the oil industry need to find and agree on cheaper means of producing oil while also ensuring a more competitive environment that meets the needs and purposes of the Nigerian nation including the largest production volumes possible.
13th January 2021
Years ago, Some IOC were producing at $18-$20 per barrel to the detriment of their Staff well being. Now that the VP is talking about lowering the cost of production further, without any mention of the workforce that will deliver on this new drive. Pure evil.
Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by TheRareGem1(f): 7:24pm On Jan 13, 2021
OpinionCounts:
Clowns...

If ability to talk was available only to sensible people, a lot of Nigerian rulers will be dumb...

You that your dumbness is legendary... And the grandmaster of dumb is GEJ who had the opportunity to transform this nation during the oil boom...imagine have got to realised about N51 trillion in 5 years with nothing to show for it. This present administration is doing more with less and you are here spewing trash
Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by toprealman: 7:24pm On Jan 13, 2021
Chinese model which is not achievable in Nigeria because of corruption. Osibanjo's cousin will supply machines at X 500 the actually price. His sister will approve and get 40% commision. The personnel to do the work will come from Katsina meanwhile the professionals that will deliver will be Chinese prisoners or Lebanese runaway street guys who know nothing about anything.
Baba, stop this rhetorics, PDP & APC are one and the same.....bunch of mean incompetent lots.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by chaloskyx: 7:29pm On Jan 13, 2021
ehen in other words you want to finish your finite resources as soon as possible at the barest minimum cost...i guess you guys have realised the value of oil is on the decline and are thinking lets just increase the volume from 2m barrels a day to 10 million barrels so we can sort out our present needs but the morons wold never think of the future thats why Nigeria is were it is during the oil boom we wasted all our wealth and whatever you thought you have is now worthless. Nigeria is doomed. JAPA WHILE YOU CAN ITS A SINKING SHIP
Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by sapele914(m): 7:33pm On Jan 13, 2021
Omezif:
This apc is quite incompetence to rule nigeria, We are yet to have better government.
Ok which state chapter of the Almijiri Association Of Nigeria do you represent?
Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by Okwyjesus(m): 7:37pm On Jan 13, 2021
4everisaac:

May prophesy fulfill over his head this year.
Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by Omezif(m): 7:39pm On Jan 13, 2021
sapele914:
Ok which state chapter of the Almijiri Association Of Nigeria do you represent?
get out there! if you don't know what to say or type better keep your mouth shut.
Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by nextstep(m): 7:39pm On Jan 13, 2021
WIth all due respect sir,

The world is moving on and away from oil. The future of energy consumption is renewables. Our customers have pledged to be at least 50% renewables by 2030. The growth of electric cars in USA and China (largers guzzlers of petrol) will only accelerate in this decade, with an incoming US president who will spur it along.

Our OPEC partners are diversifying. What Nigeria should be doing it ramping up it's renewables sector via solar and hydro, issuing cheap money (incentives, tax breaks, low-interest loans) to spur development in that direction.

When Dangote's plant comes on stream, it will likely be the last large refinery to be built in the world. The last thing Nigeria needs is to spend money on a field that won't see dividends.
Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by nextstep(m): 7:49pm On Jan 13, 2021
TheRareGem1:

Under PDP Jonathan's watch, in crude oil alone, Nigeria earned N51trillion in 5 years, with nothing to show for the revenue except monumental stealing, impunity and no serious project except giving us 3D drawing. What are you even saying, almost 6 years and we have had improved infrastructural development to start with

And all the railroads, train stations, roads, airport rehabilitations, etc, that were started during GEJ's time were paid with what? Play money? The contractors brought out billions of their own money to build Asaba airport, bah? All the concrete being poured for the Abuja rail prior to 2015 were paid for with promises?

The projects Buhari is working on are mostly based on future money (e.g. loans), that have not been earned yet. By the time inflation kicks in when these loans need to be serviced, we'd be in that horrible situation in 90s when we paid more in interest than we could spend on schools. And now, our VP is proposing we spend money on an industry that will have very few customers by the time we're done (the world is moving away from oil)

There was massive stealing during GEJ's time, I don't dispute that. From all indications, I'm not sure the stealing has reduced... I'm not sure...

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by gurunlocker: 7:50pm On Jan 13, 2021
TheRareGem1:

Yes, that's right..... grin

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by Femijohn198: 7:53pm On Jan 13, 2021
this short man ehh, tell buhari what to do
Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 13, 2021
4everisaac:

them send you abi?
If given which opportunity?
the one he has is what?
Even a mad man has ideas.
Start acting!
We need results and not uncountable fruitless ideas just for 2023 campaign.

#MakeNigeriaGreatAgain

Nigerians be wise o. Ask God for wisdom

Na Dem! if you know you know.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by OpinionCounts(m): 8:05pm On Jan 13, 2021
TheRareGem1:

You that your dumbness is legendary... And the grandmaster of dumb is GEJ who had the opportunity to transform this nation during the oil boom...imagine have got to realised about N51 trillion in 5 years with nothing to show for it. This present administration is doing more with less and you are here spewing trash

I know not all cerebrals evolved completely...so I will spare you your dementia.

Never quote me again until you fix your mental issues.
Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by Niceman4u(m): 8:07pm On Jan 13, 2021
These Osibanjo's bots and white-washers are at again.
Does it mean Buhari has completely become incapacitated?
Re: Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs by TheRareGem1(f): 8:19pm On Jan 13, 2021
OpinionCounts:

I know not all cerebrals evolved completely...so I will spare you your dementia.

Never quote me again until you fix your mental issues.

Why not tackle this and leave that trash you spewed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Alaafin Launch Centre For Yoruba Arts In Ibadan / 10 North West Support Groups Dump Atiku For Tinubu / Senator Ayogu Eze Receives The Highest Honour In Amuri Nkanu Land (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.