Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,165 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:23 AM

Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family (36524 Views)

Engaging In Any Of These 7 Immoral Acts Can Make You Go To Prison. / Nursing Mother Forgets 6-Month-Old Baby In Taxi, Driver Arrested / 10 Kenyan Primary School Students Caught Engaging In A Group Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by Nobody: 1:22am On Jan 14, 2021
P1PrinceKT:
Nothing like this in South.
South is safe.
fake news.

may be it's fulani

Maybe.
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by aboki2000(m): 2:19am On Jan 14, 2021
OVB123:
It is like no where is saved again in this country, if you go to Benin City, killings are happenings there on dayly basis, Deltas state same thing, Oyo state same, Borno same.
Now tell me: Where is save in Nigeria?

Daily basis cheesy
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by jaxxy(m): 2:48am On Jan 14, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

How can you be a lecturer and also be struggling for space at NURTW.
He should have just obeyed ASUU and sat at home till the strike gets called off. Most of his colleagues I know have been living off Ponzi investments.

Too sad he had to leave this way.
My heart goes out to his wife because she needs all the comfort there is now.

Actually ure right about the Ponzi scheme ish. Many of them are using that to survive.

Also for those insulting u, they shud realize that b4 one operates an online Cab service u need to study the security situation if ur area. Especially

3rdly. How come the identities of these online cab customers are not available?
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by Godbless3(m): 3:26am On Jan 14, 2021
If them catch thief and burn now, una go say akwa ibom and jungle justice are 5&6.
The country has fail, the security force has fail its citizens.
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by deflover(m): 3:41am On Jan 14, 2021
rip sir

when the poor loose their job
they dust their strength and look for another job

when the rich loose their business
they dust their brains and look for another business

Be the rich
use ideas when you loose your source of income
dont be the poor that use their strength
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by MASTERMIND04(m): 3:53am On Jan 14, 2021
Why are people so heartless? Haba
RIP
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:06am On Jan 14, 2021
stonecoldcafe:

Dear lord, help the breadwinners. Help husbands, protect them in their going out and coming in. Some fo these men/women work so darn hard, don't let their wives, children or family members weep over them before their time. Amen

RIP to the young lecturer
it is time to rescue our dear country before it is completely overrun by people with no conscience.

Look at the case of deeper life school boy that is about to be covered up, these things makes insecurity to increase in the land, this is chaos + anarchy.
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by haider55338: 5:17am On Jan 14, 2021
:Nothing like this in South. South is safe. fake news. may be it's fulaniNorth is the safest place to live in Nigeria.Currently enjoying Northern Nigeria without any chaotic situation..
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by Ibfpleasant(m): 5:24am On Jan 14, 2021
OVB123:
It is like no where is saved again in this country, if you go to Benin City, killings are happenings there on dayly basis, Deltas state same thing, Oyo state same, Borno same.
Anambra has been the worst state for the killings, No good news has ever come out of that place. The whole nation is a mess.
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by Mac2016(m): 6:14am On Jan 14, 2021
cry cry cry
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by haffaze777(m): 6:18am On Jan 14, 2021
NoFap123:

You're dumb.

Would you feed his family?...

Be empathic in your life for once

More than dumb.may God rest his soul.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by oshonwambada: 6:31am On Jan 14, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

He should have just obeyed ASUU and sat at home till the strike gets called off. Most of his colleagues I know have been living off Ponzi investments.

u are just becoming more and more stupid.dont just think this is the right way for u to become popular.
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by Cheato64(m): 6:45am On Jan 14, 2021
Kosiso12:
Gunmen Kill A Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family In Ebonyi

By Wisdom Nwedene, Abakaliki

Suspected gunmen have shot and killed a lecturer with the Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu Alike Ịkwo (AE-FUNAI) in Ebonyi State, Kyrian Nwoke along rice mill axis of old Ogoja road Abakaliki, the Ebonyi State capital.

IGBERE TV gathered that the lecturer, a middle aged man had gone to pick up some passengers with his car which he was using for taxi services, following the prolong strike of the Academic Staff Union and the non payment of University lecturers by federal government for over six months now.

A source from the university said that the lecturer had registered the car with an online car-hailing service so as to make ends meet and take care of his young wife and child.

The liveless body of the deceased was discovered near the popular Rice Mill with bullets wounds on Sunday. The source further revealed that he went missing after he picked up some passengers in Abakaliki, and his car has not been found.

A colleague who took to his Facebook wall to mourn the deceased attributed the death to the Federal Government’s inability to pay the lecturers.

He said :” Kyrian Nwoke was a lecturer in the Physiology Department at Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu Alike Nigeria. He was also a Ph.D. student.

“As a result of the hardship occasioned by the prolonged ASUU strike and FG withholding of lecturers salaries for over six months, he registered his car under the online taxi service to make ends meet.

“On Sunday, January 10, he was called to go and pick customers at Udemezue street and drop them at a popular eatery known for local delicacies at Ogoja road Abakaliki.

“He never returned from that journey as his lifeless body with a bullet wound was discovered the next day near the Rice Mill along the same Ogoja road and his car missing.

“That is how Kyrian Nwoke’s sunset on that faithful Sunday, leaving his wife a widow and his little daughter fatherless and AE-FUNAI bereft of a hardworking, upcoming Physiology scholar

“But the Security agents should do the needful and fish out the perpetrators of this dastardly act”.

As at the time of filing this report, the police spokesman in the state, Loveth Odah could not be reached for comment at the time of this report.

Source: https://igberetvnews.com/1378931/gunmen-kill-lecturer-engaging-taxi-services-feed-family-ebonyi/
that person in government that refuse to pay him for 6months needs to be jailed, but this is nigeria
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by mikoloson: 6:57am On Jan 14, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Receive sense in Jesus name.
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by puremaker7(m): 8:07am On Jan 14, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Dumb as usual
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by IGBOpigs(m): 8:35am On Jan 14, 2021
NgwalandAba:
We should burn the zoo down and select the wiser animals amongst them as zoo keepers.

The killings in that land.. some animals has gone mad.apha.tango.E.
HE KILLED WITHIN BIAFRA NOT NIGERIA, COWARD
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by Debra911(f): 8:43am On Jan 14, 2021
DrChukki:
Maybe when they wanted to snatch his car he started dragging it with them and they ended up killing him.

But, why all these news of gunmen killings that're over nairaland this night?

This country no safe again oh...
You've got a point, he was my lecturer back then in the university. He's so disciplined , intelligent and dedicated,and same time a hard to crack , maybe he never knew this would lead to his death

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by Debra911(f): 8:44am On Jan 14, 2021
Barrywilly:
This is so disheartening. Not being paid for over six months can be agonizing. The Assu strike has done incalculable damage to both the lecturers and the students. He has done nothing wrong by engaging in Uber services to cater for his family. His killers will never know peace in the few remaining period of their miserable lives
Amen
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by Debra911(f): 8:46am On Jan 14, 2021
fratermathy:

No matter how disgruntled students are, murdering a lecturer is usually not the first or most feasible line of action. Something else is at play here.
No students would do that, he's calm and dedicated. Yea something else is at play
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by Debra911(f): 8:50am On Jan 14, 2021
Unrated900:

Lagos state
Never, a friend of mine almost got stabbed two days ago when he was returning from work
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by lucky4west: 9:22am On Jan 14, 2021
this is sad so many questions, where they jus car thieves or students who are cultist on a revenge mission....God bless the dead and forgive his sins
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by OVB123: 10:15am On Jan 14, 2021
stonecoldcafe:

Why do you guys keep saving 'save' instead of safe?
Thanks for the correction.
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by OVB123: 10:18am On Jan 14, 2021
DoubleEngine007:
The country be like war zone.. Everywhere cast
I don't really know who we have offended in this country but God will deliver us.
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by OVB123: 10:19am On Jan 14, 2021
extol1:

seriously, I don't know to say. our government are blind to this because they have heavy armed security around them
Thanks for the correction.
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by Oluwasaudy(m): 10:49am On Jan 14, 2021
Mumu... Where is your sense
Someone is trying to make ends meet and put food on the table to provide for his family and keep body and soul together.... Oh are spitting thrash...

ASUU kill you there slowpoke...

RIP
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by bassekay(m): 10:52am On Jan 14, 2021
The passengers that were in his vehicle should be interrogated. They know where they took him to.
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by Oluwasaudy(m): 11:53am On Jan 14, 2021
Mumu... Where is your sense
Someone is trying to make ends meet and put food on the table to provide for his family and keep body and soul together.... Oh are spitting thrash...

ASUU kill you there slowpoke...

RIPw
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by giftiy(m): 1:37pm On Jan 14, 2021
OVB123:
zamfara grin grin
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by Whoknowsme: 2:19pm On Jan 14, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

No u would have fed his family all these while. SMH for u
Re: Gunmen Kill Ebonyi Lecturer Engaging In Taxi Services To Feed His Family by YaksonFCA(m): 2:54pm On Jan 14, 2021
RIP. Condolences

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

25-Year-Old Teacher Defiles His 13-Year-Old Ogun Pupil (Photo) / Man Threatens To Attack Pastors, Churches (Video) / I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.