Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim (62989 Views)

How To Detect Fake Bank Alert / Lagos Not For Me: Osun Man Laments As He Pays 600 For Printing A 3-Page Document / Man Scammed By Fake Bank Representatives Who Promised 1 Million - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by Incognito403: 1:18pm On Jan 14, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright ....

Ogbeni calm down....your daddy loose guard.....there is nothing like old man....it is called loading

And na you even loose guard pass self.....guy man like you nor fit enlighten your daddy...it is our duty to always enlighten our loved ones that the hood is no longer funny

It shall never be well for any yahoo boy, or anyone defrauding people of their hard gotten money. Those guys shall die a miserable death.

angry angry angry
Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by lawrenzooo: 1:19pm On Jan 14, 2021
Sometimes the bank is at fault. I needed to pay someone some money and sincerely that was my first time doing business with him. I got to his shop collected the item and did mobile transfer from my GTBANK mobile app and downloaded the receipt. I showed him the receipt I downloaded and asked if he had gotten the alert he said no that his bank network is poor. After about three minutes of waiting he ask me to go and I left.

At night I tried to transfer money to someone else only for me to realise the money didn't leave my account. I left town the next morning passed through his shop it was Locked. It was after about three days or so I sent a friend to his shop to drop the money.
So imagine I had no friend in town the shop owner wouldn't know what actually transpired and would conclude I was dubious.

Our banks need to step up their game alsoo.

3 Likes

Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by futurerex: 1:25pm On Jan 14, 2021
Dickeyrider:

Done. They said they will review my registration and get back to me in 3 days.. Does it take that long?
You might get a reply tonight.

A domain name with 1and1 dot com is around $1. Not important though. You can use bit dot ly to shorten the link to your offer.

The most important thing here is for crackrev to accept you, which am sure, they will.

You can also check peerfly, offervault & adworkmedia. They're similar to crackrev.
Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by idahme(m): 1:28pm On Jan 14, 2021
capricornlady:
Just ignore him. He sounds frustrated & depressed; May God heal him!

I have... Thanks.
Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 14, 2021
futurerex:
You might get a reply tonight.

A domain name with 1and1 dot com is around $1. Not important though. You can use bit dot ly to shorten the link to your offer.

The most important thing here is for crackrev to accept you, which am sure, they will.

You can also check peerfly, offervault & adworkmedia. They're similar to crackrev.

Pls your email address
Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by futurerex: 1:32pm On Jan 14, 2021
Dickeyrider:

Pls your email address
I don't live in Lagos, that's the issue. dmikespet@gmail.com
Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by domchike(m): 1:51pm On Jan 14, 2021
Can someone explain what she is saying I lost concentration checking out something
Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by 400billionman: 2:32pm On Jan 14, 2021
emerich:

My poor dad fell for it and was scammed #2.5 million, some fraudulent customers pleaded with him to give them cash, that banks had closed and connived with some fraudulent First bank staff to send him a fake alert, being an old man, he fell prey to their mischievous antics. It shall never be well for any yahoo boy, or anyone defrauding people of their hard gotten money. Those guys shall die a miserable death.

Why leave an old man unattended to ?
Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by Mechejy: 2:36pm On Jan 14, 2021
Kzinne:
shiiiiiii!! my friend. You can’t do anything
Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by Mechejy: 2:37pm On Jan 14, 2021
400billionman:

Why leave an old man unattended to ?
why not hold those bankers responsible so that their job would be relieved of them
Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by FRS(m): 3:03pm On Jan 14, 2021
I run a POS business and these guys come to my shop in different form and orientation. But trust me, if you are using transfer, I will tell you (Oga, I must acknowledge the alert of your transaction before you can get the cash equivalent from me). As soon as the alert enters my inbox via sms, I will also take a step further to confirm it in my mail, mobile app, USSD and also use my POS machine to check my balance. Afterwards, I will use my POS to debit myself of the said amount. But I see no reason why anyone will give out cash or goods without acknowledging the alert of the transaction.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by prettymaxy(f): 3:03pm On Jan 14, 2021
funky on the beat
Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by prettymaxy(f): 3:04pm On Jan 14, 2021
FRS:
I run a POS business and these guys come to my shop in different form and orientation. But trust me, if you are using transfer, I will tell you (Oga, I must acknowledge the alert of your transaction before you can get the cash equivalent from me). As soon as the alert enters my inbox via sms, I will also take a step further to confirm it in my mail, mobile app, USSD and also use my POS machine to check my balance. Afterwards, I will use my POS to debit myself of the said amount. But I see no reason why anyone will give out cash or goods without acknowledging the alert of the transaction.

they always come in a hurry mounting pressure on you
Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by alloy123: 3:36pm On Jan 14, 2021
nairalanders grin grin grin
Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by FashionCookie(f): 3:37pm On Jan 14, 2021
Forget yahoo boys, is there anyone who doesn't defraud others through any form of business in Nigeria? Something you're suppose to sell for #600 you sell it for #800. That one na wetin? Even in offices, how many people live through their monthly salaries? Let me not even mention our places of worship.
Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by Coldie(m): 3:57pm On Jan 14, 2021
FashionCookie:
Forget yahoo boys, is there anyone who doesn't defraud others through any form of business in Nigeria? Something you're suppose to sell for #600 you sell it for #800. That one na wetin? Even in offices, how many people live through their monthly salaries? Let me not even mention our places of worship.
This is not an excuse.

What u said here and fake alert are totally different
Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by DWJOBScom(m): 4:03pm On Jan 14, 2021
emerich:

Let me explain how it happened for some people to learn, these guys always work with an insider, the mistake my dad did was to give them his phone number, and unfortunately for him that was his bank alert number, so they called their mole in the bank, because my dad had previously given them his account no, for the customers to pay in the money he gave them cash, the mole in the bank then ran some checks on my dads account and knew how much he had in his account, so they sent the fake alert carrying his balance alongside the fake credit alert, so my dad being naive believed them since the fake alert reflected his current balance, he never suspected any foul play not until the next day he received an alert, instead of reflecting the #2.5 million the criminals sent, it was his old balance that was reflecting, I felt for my old dad.

I doubt the mole story as any account logged into can be investigated. Persuade your dad to call the bank contact centre and provide the time and date this happened and the mole will be found.
He was just shown a debit and a well written similar credit was sent to him from a free sms link with the bank's name there
Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by DWJOBScom(m): 4:07pm On Jan 14, 2021
FashionCookie:

You have a choice not to buy or go to another shop.
When you intentionally defraud people especially helpless persons then you are a criminal. That everyone does it doesn't make it right and its appalling how young people no longer think straight anymore.
Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by FashionCookie(f): 4:12pm On Jan 14, 2021
DWJOBScom:

You have a choice not to buy or go to another shop.
When you intentionally defraud people especially helpless persons then you are a criminal. That everyone does it doesn't make it right and its appalling how young people no longer think straight anymore.

I agree with you, but then who is clean in this country? Just 2%... The funniest part is it comes from the areas you least expect. There's no love in the street, just be smart ad pray not to die young.

1 Like

Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by FashionCookie(f): 4:15pm On Jan 14, 2021
Coldie:

This is not an excuse.

What u said here and fake alert are totally different

Bros all no be fraud? Then why do people complain bitterly and cry when they are being given fufu in computer village? This country needs a total overhaul in all sectors I tell you.
Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by Coldie(m): 4:17pm On Jan 14, 2021
FashionCookie:

Bros all no be fraud? Then why do people complain bitterly and cry when they are being given fufu in computer village? This country needs a total overhaul in all sectors I tell you.
I know but the point u said was when someone sells sth of 600 for 800.

That's completely different from fake alert fraud
Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by FashionCookie(f): 4:19pm On Jan 14, 2021
Coldie:

I know but the point u said was when someone sells sth of 600 for 800.

That's completely different from fake alert fraud

I understand, was just trying to point out we can all be clean without cheating others. Na small small e dey start...
Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 14, 2021
Yes o, We av seen ur branded polo, man-hater!,ur bitterness wuld be ur own undoing! Hpe u arent married? W male kids?
Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by MrBen619(m): 4:52pm On Jan 14, 2021
Anyone who falls victim of fake alert is a big fool.

1 Like

Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 14, 2021
femi4:
Those pictures of her on red top had nothing to do with the topic.

You want to successfully derail your thread
Common sense should tell you that when Sapphiere create a threadnon NL, she is always putting pictures and some times videos.

When someone created a thread of a corper who killed a man then used the picture of the lady that she took years back, did you complain?
Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by Theoutsider: 5:20pm On Jan 14, 2021
chumakk:
If the future is female then the future is dammed.

wants equality.
Claims they own the future, wink
Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by NamelessOGBENI(m): 5:21pm On Jan 14, 2021
chumakk:
If the future is female then the future is dammed.
For want of a better word,

The FUTURE is F-For E-Every MALE....
Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by Theoutsider: 5:32pm On Jan 14, 2021
NamelessOGBENI:

For want of a better word,

The FUTURE is F-For E-Every MALE....

make a shirt lol

1 Like

Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by IgboWarlord(m): 5:32pm On Jan 14, 2021
I sold a MacBook to a guy in Lagos last week..The Mofo tried to 'Fake Alert' me...Me as a pH/IGBO breed..I just dey look the guy dey laugh..When he found out the game was up,he took me aside and did the transfer quietly to avoid crowd...Me i take my money jeje,locate local wing of Murtala Mohammed..
Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by 27Pushing30: 5:35pm On Jan 14, 2021
Also sexist .

femi4:
It's a man's world nko
Re: Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim by Jacksparrow7(m): 5:53pm On Jan 14, 2021
Queenslander:
Smh, your situation illustrates how hard it can be to put the toothpaste back in the tube..
grin someone have mad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast / Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) / 10 Men Aliko Dangote Cannot Do Without

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.