Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends (36094 Views)

3 Quick Ways To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividend In Nigeria / How To Recover Unclaimed Dividends In Nigeria / Unclaimed Dividends: How To Get Them Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Ade4all080(m): 3:39pm On Jan 14, 2021
I found my late dad name on the list...
Pls how do I go about it?
What are the processes?
Won't they play smart?

BluntCrazeMan:
It was in the news some days ago that: “The Federal Government Is Planning To Borrow Dormant Account Balances And Unclaimed Dividends” (https://www.nairaland.com/6349423/fg-borrow-dormant-account-balances).
It was also in the news some days ago that: “SERAP Asks Buhari To Drop Plans To Borrow Dormant Account Balances And Unclaimed Dividends” (https://www.nairaland.com/6355484/serap-asks-buhari-drop-plan)
But in the meantime, we the citizens can prevent our hard earned funds that were abandoned for some period now - from being used and then being finally looted and cornered into private pockets on the long run.
Mostly to be affected funds are those Dormant Accounts that belonged to deceased persons, for which it would involve some rigorous processes in order to retrieve.
Then, another most likely to be affected funds are Unclaimed Dividends. This one could heavily affect both living and deceased persons.
And the Federal Government is actually targeting these funds.
BUT THE UNCLAIMED DIVIDENDS CAN BE RECLAIMED.
The Unclaimed dividends increased from ₦109.1 billion in Devember 2016 to ₦130 billion in December 2019, and it continues to increase.

Here below are the steps to follow in retrieving unclaimed dividends.

Step 1: Input your first name and last name into the Official “Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)” Search link: https://sec.gov.ng/non-mandated/ in order to get a list of all your shares from the SEC.
This will give you a screenshot of all the companies you have shares in, and the registrars in charge.

Note: if you have changed your name due to marriage or other reasons, search with your previous name and also try different format of name e.g those with prefixes e.g 'Olu', 'Oluwa' etc

Step 2: Take note of your registrar’s name and your Shareholders Account Number for each of the companies you have shares in - This Is Very Necessary. (Note: A Registrar, is a company that keeps the shareholder’s details for other companies.)

Step 3: Click on the Registrar’s name beside the Company's name, then download and fill your registrar’s E-mandate form.

Step 4: Submit your form by mailing the filled forms to the Office of the Registrars, or by submitting it at your bank, or by searching out for the official email address of the Registrars and Uploading the filled form to them through their email. (Note: some companies may require you to go to your bank and get a bankers confirmation, so they can initiate the e-dividend form for you.)

Once this is done, your account will be credited automatically with the e-dividend going forward.
It is best to go to the official website of the Registrars as well as that of the company itself, before proceeding to download and fill the forms. This is because, there might had been lots of changes since the last time you abandoned shares.
For instance, the company's name or registrar’s name might have changed, or maybe the company might have changed their old registrar to a new one. In some cases, the Shareholders Account Number may not be available on the SEC search site, in that case, you have to send an email to the registrars of such Company in order to have your Shareholders Account Number sent to you through email.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by davidsthe(m): 3:50pm On Jan 14, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Please, are you the original owner of the post??
Or, do you know the link to the original post?
Then, show me the link to the original post, let me see name or moniker of the original poster, and reference my post adequately.
Thanks.

I'm not the owner of the post. you have spoken well!

https://twitter.com/MMWithNimi/status/1348693339659522048?s=19
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 14, 2021
Op, thanks for the info. I am on it already
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Evans2000: 4:29pm On Jan 14, 2021
this your information is basically for me. my Dad has unclaimed dividends. the last time we received the cheque was 1991, and I am planning to process it.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by owunabastard: 4:51pm On Jan 14, 2021
The mail I sent has been reply, they said they would get in touch. keeping my finger cross
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Yankee101: 5:16pm On Jan 14, 2021
Nice post
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Glitterze: 5:19pm On Jan 14, 2021
Cantonese:

I am not being sarcastic please. I am asking a question.
My question is about people who need to make claims of the dividends of their deceased ones. How can they go about it?

Okay. I honestly don't know how to go about dividends claim for deceased people. Although, someone mentioned it on the thread that it is possible (probably if the shares certificates are still available it should make it easier).
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by kema01(m): 5:29pm On Jan 14, 2021
Thanks for the above post... I can't find my names. Though, my share certificates are still with me. It's over 16 yrs now. What should I do next 2claim my shares.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Mummyfour(f): 5:43pm On Jan 14, 2021
collinsuchendu:

Please I sent you a mail.
so sorry, please can you resend the mail
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Mummyfour(f): 5:45pm On Jan 14, 2021
collinsuchendu:

Please I sent you a mail.
I mistakenly dismissed the mail. Please resend
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Mummyfour(f): 5:48pm On Jan 14, 2021
Dreambeat:
Unfortunately I don't live in the country, the shares I bought long ago have been moved from one registrar to the other, hence they have been tossing me around yet no solution in sight
it happened to my family too.
The brokers usually buys the shares with pseudo names and from different organizations. They usually don't keep good records and recovery now becomes a problem.
If you have your documents, you can get through to them through mail or even phone call since you are not around and talk with them in the language they will understand

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Mummyfour(f): 5:52pm On Jan 14, 2021
obonujoker:

Mhen I don't have those documents again... But i found out that he has shares dividend with Transnational!

I believe letter of Administration might suffice?
follow the process stipulated by SEC on their website.
Type in the name of the person, the name, the stock and the registrar's would appear.
If the documents have been misplaced, you can go and swear an affidavit and just go to the bank and get signature mandate to confirm the ownership of the account.

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by BluntCrazeMan: 6:00pm On Jan 14, 2021
davidsthe:

it's only right to acknowledge sources if you qouted someone's intellectual property. reference adequately
In Fact, Get Lost.!!
You Just Typed Nonsense.!!
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by BluntCrazeMan: 6:06pm On Jan 14, 2021
timstone:
My unclaimed divident from access bank since 2005.A friend told me to visit the bank
That it will be paid into my access bank account
Went there meant the customer care
She ask me to fill some form
Since last two year nonthibg enter into my account
Any time I visit the bank,the crowd alone discouraged me from fighting for it.
Access Bank Can Only tell you about your Account in Access Bank, but not about your shares.
Only The Registrar of Access Bank in the Stock Exchange Market can give you the answers you seek.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by BluntCrazeMan: 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2021
Dreambeat:
Unfortunately I don't live in the country, the shares I bought long ago have been moved from one registrar to the other, hence they have been tossing me around yet no solution in sight
Search out for the current Registrar of the company.
Then, continue your communications with the current Registrar of the company.

2 Likes

Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by BluntCrazeMan: 6:11pm On Jan 14, 2021
KosiGee:
@ BluntCrazyMan,

Thank you for creating this awareness.

I have started the process but I just noticed that Firstbank e mandate form is on pdf. They also require that a passport photo be attached with customers detail written behind it.

There seem to be no option of completing the form, scanning and emailing it especially for those who are not in Nigeria.

Not sure if anyone is having the same issue.
Can't you print it out there from outside Nigeria?? And also fill it there, Attach your photo, and scan it back to the email of the Registrar from there (outside Nigeria)??
You need to contact the Registrar.
They are in the best position to tell you what next to do (especially if you are not currently in Nigeria).

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by BluntCrazeMan: 6:16pm On Jan 14, 2021
motayoayinde:

WAS AT FIRSTREGISTRARS AND I SAW A NOTICE SAYING THAT UNCLAIMED DIVIDENDS OF MORE THAN 12 YEARS WON'T BE GIVEN.

HOW TRUE IS THIS PLEASE?
You need to start up a communication with them immediately.
Let them explain to you what exactly they mean by that.

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by BluntCrazeMan: 6:19pm On Jan 14, 2021
lorhema:
The hurdles placed by the registrars on the path to your completing the processing of the e-dividend mandate frustrates many people. That's why the figures for unclaimed dividends s keep increasing. I was one of them till I tied my wrapper and tried again last year. I'm still on it.

Actually, rather than have these registrars and companies creaming off the dividend funds and frustrating owners, the government should use the unclaimed dividends and put them to good use.
But we don't trust our Government..
That's the biggest wahalla.
They will just loot it.
You now see why many people wanted it back by all means??
Because Government Looters are now interested in it.

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by keeper303: 6:19pm On Jan 14, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
I wish you the best...
I guess you filled the Africa Prudential E-mandate Form online inside their Official website??

Yes, i filled the form through Africa Prudential official website. First time I am signing my signature on a form online.

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by BluntCrazeMan: 6:21pm On Jan 14, 2021
Capernum:
Please. Someone help. I just search for my late dad's name and I found his name with African prudential registrars. I have downloaded the forms. Please what is next?

Remember that he is dead, how do I get his without fail? BluntCrazeMan please help
Fill the form and submit..
If you have any further questions, you need to communicate the Registrar immediately.
They are the ones that have all your details.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Grandest(m): 6:24pm On Jan 14, 2021
Please I need help on something everyone.
I transferred some money from my First bank using the ATM at a UBA branch to my other UBA bank account . I didn't receive the alert instantly. I received the alert 9am the next day that I've been debited. But the money in question wasn't transferred to my UBA account rather I got a message that says "your account has been debited with ₦20,000 by FBN/PAYARENA. I reported at first bank but the person who attended to me was confused and he told me to come back the next day. Just to add to this, I actually successfully transferred ₦1000 previously to my other using and I still got the FBN/PAYRENA but my other account got credited message but the 20K I transferred later to my other account wasn't reflecting and I was debited and I got a FBN/PAYARRNA message.
Please what do I do? Why did I get debited by payarena? I've never used payarena.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by BluntCrazeMan: 6:26pm On Jan 14, 2021
keeper303:

Yes, i filled the form through Africa Prudential official website. First time I am signing my signature on a form online.
That's very nice.
You need to establish a communication with them.
They also need to tell you how much your unclaimed dividends is.
They are the Registrar to your Company.
So, they should be able to tell you your worth in the Company.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Dreambeat: 6:29pm On Jan 14, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Search out for the current Registrar of the company.
Then, continue your communications with the current Registrar of the company.
I have been in communication with the current registrar through email and phone calls. It's been 6 months now but no headway. I will continue trying. Thanks for your advice

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by BluntCrazeMan: 6:29pm On Jan 14, 2021
osasuwa011:
Thank you bro for this info.
I visited First registrar site to begin my process online. I got to realise one has to pay #1000 to register to have access to their online portal. Op please is part of the process
In that case, you don't have to log in into their paid site.
Just download the form from the SEC search site, fill it offline, then start up a communication with them on their email.
Then, upload the filled form back to them on their email
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by BluntCrazeMan: 6:31pm On Jan 14, 2021
jcflex:

@op is this also applicable to Public offers,
I remember I bought DAAR Communication public offer back in 2007/2008 both mine and my Mum.
i also bought Skye bank share back then. i don't have the certificate of this shares as at now. due to relocation up and down
Have you searched for your name on the SEC search site?
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by 1stNumeroUno: 6:32pm On Jan 14, 2021
kema01:
Thanks for the above post... I can't find my names. Though, my share certificates are still with me. It's over 16 yrs now. What should I do next 2claim my shares.

You need to search with all your names one after the other on that SEC webpage. If you can't find it still, you can proceed to your Registra's office, they will guide you.

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by keeper303: 6:34pm On Jan 14, 2021
JWhite2Deep:
Please, would one require to go to the bank to sign and stamp before scanning and sending the e-dividend mandate form to your registrar involved?

It depends on the registrar of the company you have shares in. As for Africa Prudential, I filled all the information on their website including signing my signature after supplying my bank details and BVN. Africa Prudential has replied they have received my form.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by BluntCrazeMan: 6:38pm On Jan 14, 2021
JWhite2Deep:
Please, would one require to go to the bank to sign and stamp before scanning and sending the e-dividend mandate form to your registrar involved?
Some Registrars require that they see the stamp of your bank on the filled E-mandate Form, even if you scanned it and emailed it to them.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by BluntCrazeMan: 6:41pm On Jan 14, 2021
jcflex:

my name does not appear
Then you really need to meet your Stockbroker.
They didn't do their work well.
Take all your documents and certificates and get back to them for further explanations.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by BluntCrazeMan: 6:43pm On Jan 14, 2021
CeCeEkol:
Thank you..please how do i get the address of the registrar for my bank?
Google does that very very well.
Just ask it the right questions.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by BluntCrazeMan: 6:45pm On Jan 14, 2021
CeCeEkol:
Just tried it now, inputed my name and nothing came up! what next please?
Your stockbrokers are in the right position to explain to you what happened
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by BluntCrazeMan: 6:47pm On Jan 14, 2021
britiko:

Thank u so much. Just did this and found my gt bank and dangote flour mills. I bought these as a youth Corp member over 22yrs ago and wasn't sure how to go about retrieving d dividends.
Follow the steps as outlined in the original post.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

5 Money Making Ventures That Ruin Your Life Easily / FTX Hacked. Money In Accounts Stolen / Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.