Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,906 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) (26773 Views)

Dis Food Sweet Well Well- UK Diplomat Salivates On Kilishi / How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) / How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by Elzakzaky: 1:16pm On Jan 15, 2021
sad
Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by Kwara1stson: 1:16pm On Jan 15, 2021
have stayed in Kaduna all my life. mehn the preparation is so gross.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by aribisala0(m): 1:18pm On Jan 15, 2021
Can you make it at home with a gas oven
I am Ajeburra
Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 15, 2021
Eat kilish at your own peril...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by damiloladuke: 1:26pm On Jan 15, 2021
kulikuli ni
Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by angelfallz(m): 1:29pm On Jan 15, 2021
I rarely Eat out anymore. And if I do I must be comfortable with the hygiene of the place where I am buying from.

Queenlovely:
I used to love kilishi more than anyone until I bought plastic as kilishi at jabi garage motor park during night journey.

if you see the food making process sometimes, u will regret eating outside especially hausa food,fruit, they care little about hygiene, use gutter water to wash fruits.

some of those kilishi will stay in their hands for one month,and u will still buy that shit. all they do is warm it. my friends be careful about what goes into your mouth.

I have seen stuff, from the mama put whose saliva is part of the food they served you, or some restaurants that mix yesterday stale food that cockroaches has shit upon. or those hausa boys that sell eggs, they keep warming it for one month.

Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by angelfallz(m): 1:35pm On Jan 15, 2021
Those of you that say the preparation is so gross, why not see it as an entrepreneurial opportunity.
Get in touch with those who are into kilishi making, offer to improve the preparation process and hygiene.

That would be one of the selling points of your product, it's hygienically prepared.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by Stockquality: 1:36pm On Jan 15, 2021
Infact i prefer i eat my noodles
Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by 99thEnemy(m): 1:36pm On Jan 15, 2021
Kilishi and Suya anytime anyday. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 15, 2021
The kilshi I bought when I was in Abuja was very delicious

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by endsarrrs(f): 1:52pm On Jan 15, 2021
Stop spewing BS
Fidelismaria:
Anything prepared by Fulani is hazardous to health.
take a tour to "THE EXECUTIVE SPOT" Ikoyi Clover Road and see for your very own eyes how Northern mouth watery delicacies are prepared. In the best most hygine environ. . . Also to note, much of the customers that patronize are mostly the SE/SW/SS grin

1 Like

Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 15, 2021
If you see where this aboki's prepare their kishi, You will vomit, the flies alone embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by Sarita01(f): 2:00pm On Jan 15, 2021
Omezif:
Hausa no sabi cook but doing well on how to prepare meat.

not only meat o, they have different and unique delicacies that is second to none, what other people see as waste product is what hausa's can convert to food, it's mind blowing I swear but I have to agree with you that they're terrible cooks
Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by Goalnaldo(m): 2:00pm On Jan 15, 2021
I have only ate it once. Was too pepperish for my liking. Would probably never eat it again because of how gross people say the place used in it's preparation is.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by SocialJustice: 2:02pm On Jan 15, 2021
Queenlovely:
I used to love kilishi more than anyone until I bought plastic as kilishi at jabi garage motor park during night journey.

if you see the food making process sometimes, u will regret eating outside especially hausa food,fruit, they care little about hygiene, use gutter water to wash fruits.

some of those kilishi will stay in their hands for one month,and u will still buy that shit. all they do is warm it. my friends be careful about what goes into your mouth.

I have seen stuff, from the mama put whose saliva is part of the food they served you, or some restaurants that mix yesterday stale food that cockroaches has shit upon. or those hausa boys that sell eggs, they keep warming it for one month.

ROTFLMAO, babe please take it easy. I love kilishi ooo, too much.

Nigeria is one bleeped country. Food handling is zero. Even the rich do not have access to high quality food ingredients. Some fools even justify the nasty habits that is displayed with food preparation.

Nigeria no be where person dey stay and the worst part is there's no one to complain to that will resolve the issue, all everyone cares about is bribe and soliciting money to do their jobs.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by coputa(m): 2:07pm On Jan 15, 2021
You people are complaining about hygiene in the making of killishi.have see the bread making process, where they mix sweat and flour together

1 Like

Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by fkj950ax(m): 2:16pm On Jan 15, 2021
Calling it beef jerky is insulting.
Will foreigners write ”How to make beef jerky (kilishi)"

Shisha is not an English word, but we are fine with it.
Sushi is not an English word, but we are fine with it
Shawarma is not an English word, but we are fine with it.
Croissant is not an English word, but we are fine with it

5 Likes

Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 15, 2021
CalliDora1:
Kilishi of nowadays has lost it savor and quality. Those days when my dad and one of my bosses used to bring it from Abuja, it tasted better and fleshy. Not like what we have now that it'd feel like youre chewing some kinda melting plastic.

Maybe you are one they use jeans rag to prepare, cotted in some redish stuff battered with maggi.

original still taste better, aks Buhari in Aso Rock if i lied
Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 15, 2021
aribisala0:
Can you make it at home with a gas oven
I am Ajeburra

Its sun-dried and roasted in a mild heated fire. charcoal stove will be better
Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by Okoroawusa: 2:28pm On Jan 15, 2021
Kilishi dey hungry me o! E don tey...
Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by lobell: 2:31pm On Jan 15, 2021
If you've not had Lobell Food's kilishi, you don't know what you're missing. Hygienically prepared in the oven which means, no flies and no dust. Made using real beef not that plastic thing they've been selling these days. A taste will surely convince you.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by Okoroawusa: 2:32pm On Jan 15, 2021
fkj950ax:
Calling it beef jerky is insulting.
Will foreigners write ”How to make beef jerky (kilishi)"

Shisha is not an English word, but we are fine with it.
Sushi is not an English word, but we are fine with it
Shawarma is not an English word, but we are fine with it.
Croissant is not an English word, but we are fine with it
You are a patriot. Very true observation. Africans will also look for a foreign word for African foods, delicacies and snacks when talking about our own. How many foreigners do that? What is the African word for Shawarma? If it is not inferiority complex or colonial mentality I don't know what else to call it.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 15, 2021
Omezif:
Hausa no sabi cook but doing well on how to prepare meat.
No Nigerian food taste better than Hausa's!
Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by sylve11: 2:45pm On Jan 15, 2021
kilishi or kelechi? cool
Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by Brunicekid(m): 2:47pm On Jan 15, 2021
Coronabirus:
No Nigerian food taste better than Hausas!
Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by QuiverBox(f): 2:49pm On Jan 15, 2021
Kililishi is NOT Beef Jerky

Stop giving indigenous Food foreign names

Do Europeans/Americans have an English name for SUSHI? NO Suchi is Japanese

Do Europeans/Americans have an English name for Tacos? NO Taco is Mexican

Do Europeans/Americans have an English name for Shawarma? NO Shawarma is the Middle East

When Shall you Africans emancipate yourself from mental Slavery?

Kililishi is NOT Beef Jerky

Stop giving indigenous Food foreign names

Kcitytv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgCM1M78jDA

Kilishi is Nigeria beef jerky that originated in Northern Nigeria . It is a dried form of suya, made from deboned cow, sheep or goat meat. Each of the selected meat muscles is sliced into sheets of one metre or less for easy drying. The dried sheets of meat are then collected and kept for the next process which includes applying of ingredients

Include paste from groundnut ( peanuts,)is diluted with enough water, spices, salt, ground onions,.and so on

It is placed on the labu stick to dry for hours before roasting on .Kilishi can be stored for months without much change or losing its taste

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by doubleE70: 3:08pm On Jan 15, 2021
I really ate this stuff in 2019
Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by muhdfaruq(m): 3:13pm On Jan 15, 2021
[quote author=Queenlovely post=98084395] I used to love kilishi more than anyone until I bought plastic as kilishi at jabi garage motor park during night journey.

[Haba,how will someone use water from gutter and sell it to people.why over exagerating things?
]
Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by aribisala0(m): 3:14pm On Jan 15, 2021
FreelanceRebel:

Its sun-dried and roasted in a mild heated fire. charcoal stove will be better
How do you know? Have you tried? The correct thing is to do it and then get people to taste "blindly" and see if they can tell the difference.

That is the scientific approach
Not to sit at hoe and make declarations
Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by Dayoebe(m): 3:22pm On Jan 15, 2021
is this what you grill?
Re: How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) by Ibyno(m): 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2021
Queenlovely:

u are 100% right, but if we dey look all dis, no body go chop outside, even our western fastfood have their shortcoming.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Funniest/Most Terrible Combination Of Foods You Have Ever Taken? / Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo / “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.