Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

Any Nairalander In Bahamas? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nairalander In Bahamas? (2885 Views)

Any Nairalander In Croatia On Work And Study Visa? / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) / Relocating To Bahamas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Nairalander In Bahamas? by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 14, 2021
Hi guys and ladies, please I will like to know if there is anyone on this platform living in Bahamas. Thanks
Re: Any Nairalander In Bahamas? by optimusprime2(m): 11:57am On Jan 14, 2021
PenName55:
Hi guys and ladies, please I will like to know if there is anyone on this platform living in Bahamas. Thanks

Had planned to visit Nassau last year, but thanks to Covid it wasn't possible. The Bahamas is truly an incredible paradise.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Bahamas? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 14, 2021
optimusprime2:

Had planned to visit Nassau last year, but thanks to Covid it wasn't possible. The Bahamas is truly an incredible paradise.

Do you have anyone there and is there a direct flight from Africa? And how did you secure the visa since they don't have an embassy here in naija
Re: Any Nairalander In Bahamas? by optimusprime2(m): 1:55pm On Jan 14, 2021
PenName55:

Do you have anyone there and is there a direct flight from Africa? And how did you secure the visa since they don't have an embassy here in naija

I was going there for a vacation, so I didn't need to know anyone but my hotel reservation.

Secondly If you have certain visas/residency permits or citizenship you would be eligible for an Evisa or you wouldn't need a visa for visiting the Bahamas (which is my case).
Please go through their consular services and foreign affairs website;
https://mofa.gov.bs/evisa-online-services/

Thirdly the last time I checked they have no consular representation in Africa(they have a presence in the Gambia, but its mainly for trade relations not consular affairs), but I know they have consular representation in Brussels and the UK.

As for flights, there are no direct flights to the Bahamas from Nigeria so transit visas would be required. Most Caribbean zones do not have direct flights from Nigeria so transit visas are very important.

Hope it helps

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nairalander In Bahamas? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 14, 2021
optimusprime2:

I was going there for a vacation, so I didn't need to know anyone but my hotel reservation.

Secondly If you have certain visas/residency permits or citizenship you would be eligible for an Evisa or you wouldn't need a visa for visiting the Bahamas (which is my case).
Please go through their consular services and foreign affairs website;
https://mofa.gov.bs/evisa-online-services/

Thirdly the last time I checked they have no consular representation in Africa(they have a presence in the Gambia, but its mainly for trade relations not consular affairs), but I know they have consular representation in Brussels and the UK.

As for flights, there are no direct flights to the Bahamas from Nigeria so transit visas would be required. Most Caribbean zones do not have direct flights from Nigeria so transit visas are very important.

Hope it helps

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

10 Most Dangerous Cities To Travel To / Flight Duration From USA / PERMANENT RESIDENCY For Australia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.