Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? (31235 Views)

I Want To Divorce And Live Alone / People Who Live Alone Shares Underrated Advantages Of Doing So / Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Sonnobax15(m): 2:38pm On Jan 15, 2021
Veezy4u:
I'd like to have a word with you privately if you don't mind
Bro,I dey with you anytime any day...
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by int0x80(m): 2:40pm On Jan 15, 2021
Yes, kids leave their parents house at 18 here. So 22 is over grown!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by dodoisk(m): 2:42pm On Jan 15, 2021
virginprincess:
NwaAmaikpe, my counsin is not a prostitute, i might not know her reason for wanting to live alone, but one thing is setting, she is not a prostitue, she's a very hardworking lady who works with a bank.
side chicks dey ooo

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by dodoisk(m): 2:44pm On Jan 15, 2021
Let her go. She will come back after done and dusted
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 15, 2021
FalseProphet1:

My cousin in Canada rented her own apartment at the age of 17, this one is 22 and you're saying she's inexperienced. Oga this is 2021. Any girl that has successfully graduated from the University is fit to stay on her own.

In what way does canada standard correlated with naija standard, is it the same way your parent raised you here in naija your cousin was raised in canada. we all know, abroad parents have little or no say over there child's life, infact most black gurls get pregnant even before 18th birthday.
Life outside school is a whole new ball game,lets not even compare
why the rush, even her excuse (noise) sounds childish & dumb. we know weytin she wan do grin o fe do oko niyen, whoring phase.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Thazard(m): 2:47pm On Jan 15, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Her parents should try and be understanding; didn't they experience puberty and it's resultant youthful exuberance?

At 22...her ovaries are already rioting.
At 22...her uterus hungers for constant semen
At 22...the blood vessels in her nippIes are gorging with blood desperately needing to be ravished.
At 22...her labia majora yearns to be spread apart.
At 22...she believes the world revolves around her kpekus and she is God's gift to men.

Will they be bappy if she feeds all of these cravings under their roof?

In my honest opinion, any single girl of 22 who has the opportunity to live under her parents but wants to be independent by all means only has one driving reason; they want to be unchained hos.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by jamesbridget13(f): 2:51pm On Jan 15, 2021
If she is relocating to another town or city for greener pastures, good but she is within d city my dear then it will be clear that she needed freedom. She think say this life easy
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 15, 2021
Midas01:
Hoe like your mother right?

fortunately my mum was lucky, whats the probability you generations of new whorres will be lucky.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by 2020achile(m): 2:59pm On Jan 15, 2021
Nazgul:
Her request to stay alone isn't bad. She's 22, and if she has a good job, she'll enjoy geninue peace of mind cos living alone is very good. You won't have to endure an irritating roommate, always getting on your nerves every now and then, nagging parents who will constantly remind you about the success story of all your mates, and your younger cousins who have all gotten married. Also, you can effectively budget your finances, economize your food and provisions, and manage your bills effectively.

As a girl there are few guidelines I'll give you to stay alone effectively most especially if you're not a runs girl.

1. Limit your friends. They say the average Nigerian loves free things. That's very true. If you stay alone, you must be very careful with who you let into your home. I remember how I parked out of the first house I rented with my money after my youth service. It was a one bedroom apartment, I had this friend who was always visiting. With time he uprgaded himself to my roommate without even my consent.

I didn't have any problem with that. The problem I had with him was that he doesn't contribute a penny to the house. From recharging the prepaid meter to recharging the cable TV, to buying food and provisions...even pure water this my so called friend couldn't get. The worse of it all was that he's a womanizer. Imagine coming back home from work tired only to see meet your bedroom locked by your roomie cos he's busy with a girl. I'll end up dozing off on the couch in the palour while waiting for them cos I can't access the bathroom without entering the bedroom which is locked by him.

We quarrelled over this severally. This guy will apologize, beg me and after some days or weeks repeat the same thing again. With time when the rent remained like 2 months to be due, I parked out and left him there. I've learned to limit the kind of people I allow into my home ever since.

2. Be security conscious. Don't be careless with your security. As a girl, you can easily be overpowered, drugged, raped, robbed... etc. So avoid unnecessary closeness with your neighbours most especially if they're guys whose source of income you have no idea of. Whenever you're at home, keep your doors locked at all times. Avoid inviting people you meet on social media into your home. Avoid accepting lift from strangers to your home. All these things will put your safety at risk.

3. Don't disclose your status. As a girl, telling guys that you stay alone isn't wise. When guys start asking don't keep them in silence or else they'll start guessing and might guess right. Just tell them that you don't stay alone. Cos if you don't they won't mind trailing you secretly just to know where you stay. Believe me some guys can be that jobless. And after one visit to your house, you'll need the police to keep them out. Cos some will go as far as threatening to harm you if you refuse to let them in.

If you're in a serious relationship your guy should be the only one who should know your house along with some of your female friends who are on the same financial status with you, and your family members. Every other person can meet you at your place of work, your church or in a public place.

My advice...tell her to do whatever is in her mind, she's an adult now and must be allowed to make her own choices.

As for her parents, let her explain to them and make them reason with her that she won't remain under their roof forever, so the sooner she begins to plan a life outside their roof, the better for her

Also I hope she's working, when I say working I mean 9am -5pm jobs with a reasonable pay check. Cos if a girl is staying alone without a reasonable source of income, she might be tempted to go into prostitution in order to survive. Tell her this.
..... nice
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by femi4: 3:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
virginprincess:
Good evening nairalanders, pls i need advise, my counsin sister who is just 22 is demanding to live alone (she wants to move out of her father's house), but her parents disagreed with her decision.

This has brought a whole lot of confusion, because she is very serious with her decision and her parents (especially her mom) is totally against it.

Pls as a sister, what advise can i give to her, should i support her or i should advise her against it? and what are the of dangers living alone as a female?

Modified: My counsin is not a prostitue, I might not entirely know the reason she wants to live alone, but i'm sure her num1 major reason is noise, she is a very calm person who loves being alone, but since they are much in the house she doesn't have such opportuity, pls she's not a hoe, my question is what are the dangers of living alone as a lady?.
She ll be exploited at that age. She still need support on every side at least till around 25.

She's at a stage that a mistake from her can be costly to amend
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Gerrard59(m): 3:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
On one hand, Nigerian men clamour for their females to be independent and even went to create a stoopid association in the name of SMAN. Yet on the other hand, they're afraid of a lady who decides to live alone. The same persons will be glad if their sisters relocate to Canada for studies or residence but are vehemently against a working class lady in Nigeria from living alone.

What if she was working in Ibadan or Abuja? Won't she stay alone? What sort of reasoning do you people have in that country? Una no get sense at all?

7 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
Midas01:
So she is not too young to be a CEO but too young to have her own apartment? Where is thy sense oh descendant of Abraham.

Ofcus no one is tew young to make money or sell talent.
kiddo what you need to know is that the sense you need to make money no reach 10% of what you need to survive life.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Kriss216: 3:13pm On Jan 15, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Her parents should try and be understanding; didn't they experience puberty and it's resultant youthful exuberance?

At 22...the blood vessels in her nippIes are gorging with blood desperately needing to be ravished.
At 22...she believes the world revolves around her kpekus and she is God's gift to men.

In my honest opinion, any single girl of 22 who has the opportunity to live under her parents but wants to be independent by all means only has one driving reason; they want to be unchained hos.
Your fountain of wisdom runneth over. You’re one on the few honest men in Nigeria today. God bless you for this beautiful piece.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by lonelydora: 3:17pm On Jan 15, 2021
virginprincess:
Good evening nairalanders, pls i need advise, my counsin sister who is just 22 is demanding to live alone (she wants to move out of her father's house), but her parents disagreed with her decision.

This has brought a whole lot of confusion, because she is very serious with her decision and her parents (especially her mom) is totally against it.

Pls as a sister, what advise can i give to her, should i support her or i should advise her against it? and what are the of dangers living alone as a female?

Modified: My counsin is not a prostitue, I might not entirely know the reason she wants to live alone, but i'm sure her num1 major reason is noise, she is a very calm person who loves being alone, but since they are much in the house she doesn't have such opportuity, pls she's not a hoe, my question is what are the dangers of living alone as a lady?.

Please, read the story of the biblical prodigal son to her.

Her boyfriend is definitely brainwashing her.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by arsenal444(m): 3:28pm On Jan 15, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I dey clap for you

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by wizkidblogger(f): 3:38pm On Jan 15, 2021
lolz. no biggies. ladies of less than that age are living alone these days.

Are her mates not living alone off campus? abegii!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by samson1019: 3:39pm On Jan 15, 2021
virginprincess:
NwaAmaikpe, my counsin is not a prostitute, i might not know her reason for wanting to live alone, but one thing is setting, she is not a prostitue, she's a very hardworking lady who works with a bank.
Are you really sure?
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Shugargal(f): 3:41pm On Jan 15, 2021
virginprincess:
Her security is what we should be worried about, as fer as she's working, its cool but it shouldn't be an avenue for her to let guys in, those folks can be very deceptional in their ways especially when they want to eat that fruit. Let her always watch her back.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 15, 2021
Nairaland is a true depiction of the miserable lives of Nigerians...Imagine the comments undecided
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 15, 2021
Your sis have every right to leave but I believe her Parents are genuinely concern for her, seeing that she is a female and after all we are in Nigeria.

The best option for her is to exercise patience and try to bargain with her parents. She can agree to stay back on the condition that when she turns 24, she leaves.

This is not to say that there is an appropriate age for her to leave house but just so that they can reach a compromise.

virginprincess
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Charity85(m): 4:19pm On Jan 15, 2021
I was just sorry for op when the name of the first commenter was Nwamaikpe !!!
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Glawrie: 4:23pm On Jan 15, 2021
ohmyade:
I just met a friend like that, a serving corper. Sometimes I'm afraid she may suffer depression and may not be eating well. Most of these may be traceable to the family background and a young lady may just decide to stay alone and avoid the issues arising from the home.

If it is about independence, that may not be an issue because she may have a workable plan, how good the plan is is another question.

Lastly, please show love and not to condemn anybody in such situation.
Exactly
And please sit her down and ask her what are plans are towards living alone? They may be genuine.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by JIREN01: 4:27pm On Jan 15, 2021
Godi25:
If she can independently take care of herself without bothering her parents, then she is free to go but she will still need to be under some level of supervision from her parents if possible.
Loool @ supervision. They've been supervising her for 22 years. A 22-year old isn't a kid. She's old enough to be a mother herself and an employer of labour. My female family friend overseas is staying alone at the age of 18 years. Actually, she respected them by seeking their opinion; she could have gone ahead without their consent, they'll get infuriated initially, but the differences would be settled later on.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by iamL(f): 4:30pm On Jan 15, 2021
So you are 22 virginprincess? If she has a good reason to leave why not.

The youngest billionaires in Asia are in their teens. I left when I was 24 because I got a job outside our city from there I became my own person.

1. If you are religious have a good tie with your church members.
2. Be financially stable times are hard o.
3. Be forcused.
4. Be careful of friends and people you let I to your life. e.g high level of insecurity.
5. Don't discuss your finances with anyone.
6. Your family members should visit u often and be familiar with those around you.
7. Be careful of Nigeria guys
8. Above all have a close relationship with Jehovah.

NB: Who wan spoil go spoil even under the roof of their parents some are rotten already.
Who wan good go good even without anyone watching.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by thinkmoney(m): 4:44pm On Jan 15, 2021
MyPicsSaysItall:
I don't see anything wrong in a female living alone. If she has a job/business that can foot her bills without the help of her parents, she can go ahead and rent an apartment.

Though based on the 'Nigeria factor', it is very early for a female at age 22 living with her parents to move to her own apartment..
She wants freedom and space to do and allow whatever pleases her, that's it.
About the flimsy excuse that she doesn't want noise, I want to ask, did she not grow up in that house? Has there not been noise before?
She can choose to stay alone anyways since it appears she can fend for herself, but it's high-risk and their is high tendency that it's her youthful cravings and exuberance that is getting the better of her
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Xtabellah(f): 4:45pm On Jan 15, 2021
What I don't understand is, during NYSC did she not live alone?
Or let me address this publicly, during Nysc most people rent a space and live there for a year, so what's the difference now??
Or if she got a job in another state and they don't have relatives there, will they tell her not to accept the job?
Please let's be realistic, even if you stay for house you can still do your shits mehn...
All I am after is can she take care of herself?
And she works in a bank,so that's fine.. Let her live alone for her sanity biko...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Portifar: 4:57pm On Jan 15, 2021
virginprincess:

My candid advice is that she should not do it. Noise or no noise, she should stay with her parents and automatically under control. If she stays alone, she will have all the freedom but it won't help her. When she stays alone, that's when her boyfriend will be passing the night/days/wks etc. So called friends will also find an opportunity to stay in her house. Pls let her stay with her parents.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by villake(m): 5:05pm On Jan 15, 2021
I left my Fathers house before I clocked 20!! She should be left to leave on her own!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by West2019(m): 5:08pm On Jan 15, 2021
virginprincess:

state of lesbianlism
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Beey(f): 5:20pm On Jan 15, 2021
virginprincess:

I started living alone at 22 & those claiming that it’s for prostitution, you need a renewal of your dirty minds. Every woman out there is not all about sex. There’s more to womanhood than getting laid. Here in the US, kids start driving at 16 &at that age some get a job.I see no big deal if she’s principled and can pay her own bills.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help! I Saw My Son Last 24 Years Ago, When He Was 2 Years Old / Help: My Grandma Is Missing / “my Husband’s Girlfriend Took My Pant, Bra From Our Home,’’ Wife Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.