Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,050 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? (31213 Views)

I Want To Divorce And Live Alone / Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? / Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by vickydevoka(m): 5:35pm On Jan 15, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Her parents should try and be understanding; didn't they experience puberty and it's resultant youthful exuberance?

At 22...her ovaries are already rioting.
At 22...her uterus hungers for constant semen
At 22...the blood vessels in her nippIes are gorging with blood desperately needing to be ravished.
At 22...her labia majora yearns to be spread apart.
At 22...she believes the world revolves around her kpekus and she is God's gift to men.

Will they be bappy if she feeds all of these cravings under their roof?

In my honest opinion, any single girl of 22 who has the opportunity to live under her parents but wants to be independent by all means only has one driving reason; they want to be unchained hos.

This can only be 'NwaAmaikpe

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by vickydevoka(m): 5:37pm On Jan 15, 2021
firstratedcitiz:
There's nothing basically wrong with a young woman of 22 staying alone, though there are often negative consequences for doing so. A young lady related to me her experience of what she'd passed through while staying alone in a rented apartment. She lost her job a few months after packing in, and as a result was constantly having to endure pangs of hunger and could not renew the rent. The landlord took advantage of her situation and started to demand sex as condition to allowing her to stay. Things got so worse that she started sleeping with different kinds of men just to find money and make ends meet. She even ignored to ask for help from her relatives back home because they had opposed her decision to stay alone. So she was ashamed to let them know what she was passing through.
Then the unexpected started to happen: she got raped by the landlord's son but she was ashamed to report the incident, simply because she also was sleeping with the landlord. The boy who raped her had threatened to expose her affair with his father in the event that she reported about the incident; also, she feared being confronted by the landlady, who, according to the girl, had shown so much kindness to her. Then she got raped a second time, but this time by a group of suspected cultists, while returning from church one night. According to this girl, she had such a terrible experience staying alone as a single girl, and she swore never to advise even her worst enemy to try the same thing.
I'm confused here , how can a hoe be raped

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by orumba(m): 6:05pm On Jan 15, 2021
Noise you say
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by thunderbabs: 6:09pm On Jan 15, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Her parents should try and be understanding; didn't they experience puberty and it's resultant youthful exuberance?

At 22...her ovaries are already rioting.
At 22...her uterus hungers for constant semen
At 22...the blood vessels in her nippIes are gorging with blood desperately needing to be ravished.
At 22...her labia majora yearns to be spread apart.
At 22...she believes the world revolves around her kpekus and she is God's gift to men.

Will they be bappy if she feeds all of these cravings under their roof?

In my honest opinion, any single girl of 22 who has the opportunity to live under her parents but wants to be independent by all means only has one driving reason; they want to be unchained hos.

NwaAmaikpe the fortuneteller

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by simplepee(f): 6:34pm On Jan 15, 2021
It is not wrong. If that's what she wants.

I started staying alone at 21 not because of any man or preek. Infact I stayed in another town. If she's not doing it for the wrong reasons, it is a very good decision. She'll get wiser, focused and highly independent. Just advice her not to go astray

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by frozen70(f): 6:47pm On Jan 15, 2021
virginprincess:
Good evening nairalanders, pls i need advise, my counsin sister who is just 22 is demanding to live alone (she wants to move out of her father's house), but her parents disagreed with her decision.

This has brought a whole lot of confusion, because she is very serious with her decision and her parents (especially her mom) is totally against it.

Pls as a sister, what advise can i give to her, should i support her or i should advise her against it? and what are the of dangers living alone as a female?

Modified: My counsin is not a prostitue, I might not entirely know the reason she wants to live alone, but i'm sure her num1 major reason is noise, she is a very calm person who loves being alone, but since they are much in the house she doesn't have such opportuity, pls she's not a hoe, my question is what are the dangers of living alone as a lady?.

Living alone at that age is as risky as anything

I don't think noise is the reason for packing out

She wants freedom but she should make sure is not the kind of freedom that will lead to doom

At her age, she is supposed to be in school and live in a hostel
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by chaloskyx: 7:18pm On Jan 15, 2021
YES SO THAT SHE CAN HAVE DIFFERNT BOYFRIENDS AND EXPLORE HER SEXUALITY smiley
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Sniper101(m): 12:07am On Jan 16, 2021
She's a graduate.
Working in a bank.
At age 22 ??

Or she's a cleaner in a bank grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Raychee(f): 1:05am On Jan 16, 2021
Staying alone is not easy though. Renting the house for herself might not be the problem but subsequent maintenance is. So she should just be stable financially. Then security is another problem. She shouldn't invite male folks over and even females should be limited. Keep her doors locked at all times. I understand staying with so many people in a limited space can be very frustrating and annoying especially if you like privacy and quiet. Some parents even mess up their children's mental health. But the motive for moving out better not be sinister grin.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Funflipper: 1:50am On Jan 16, 2021
virginprincess:
Good evening nairalanders, pls i need advise, my counsin sister who is just 22 is demanding to live alone (she wants to move out of her father's house), but her parents disagreed with her decision.

This has brought a whole lot of confusion, because she is very serious with her decision and her parents (especially her mom) is totally against it.

Pls as a sister, what advise can i give to her, should i support her or i should advise her against it? and what are the of dangers living alone as a female?

Modified: My counsin is not a prostitue, I might not entirely know the reason she wants to live alone, but i'm sure her num1 major reason is noise, she is a very calm person who loves being alone, but since they are much in the house she doesn't have such opportuity, pls she's not a hoe, my question is what are the dangers of living alone as a lady?.

If not for the fact that Nigeria is a failed country, what would you be doing in your father's house at even 18?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Mckhala80(m): 3:13am On Jan 16, 2021
That she's 22 doesn't mean she should go & live freely with a man. Go and pay her bride price becos una too like free food@stingyboysassociation.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by CsRockefeller(m): 5:06am On Jan 16, 2021
Raychee:
Staying alone is not easy though. Renting the house for herself might not be the problem but subsequent maintenance is. So she should just be stable financially. Then security is another problem. She shouldn't invite male folks over and even females should be limited. Keep her doors locked at all times. I understand staying with so many people in a limited space can be very frustrating and annoying especially if you like privacy and quiet. Some parents even mess up their children's mental health. But the motive for moving out better not be sinister grin.

Mature comment. Like your persona.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by ecomalchemist(m): 5:29am On Jan 16, 2021
virginprincess:

First of all, what is 'Cousin Sister'...it's either she's your cousin or Sister.

Take note.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Crossbow(m): 7:53am On Jan 16, 2021
virginprincess:

At 22? If your cousin can foot her bills, let her leave them. Ladies younger than her have left the country for studies or other reasons. African parents want to control your whole life, what you study, your career, who you marry and even when you should start having kids. Is this not madness? Do people only gain control of their lives when they lose their parents? We seek validation too much in this part of the world. I like myself sha.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by tamsb: 8:33am On Jan 16, 2021
virginprincess:

If she can take care of herself and just wants independence and positivity(it could be that they are always telling her to get married and she does not want the pressure), I don't see why not. If a guy can live on his own, I don't see the reason why a 22yr old lady can't.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by ofiko123(m): 9:13am On Jan 16, 2021
Her life her business..
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Jesuisbelle(f): 3:47pm On Jan 16, 2021
Only in this our side of the world we tend to tie female children to stay with their parents because we believe once a lady is staying alone she has become a prostitute,most lady needs freedom to live out their dreams, allow her to stay alone and achieve her dream

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Takotsubo: 5:02pm On Jan 16, 2021
Only on NL that you'll see the choice to live alone tied to sexual activity .

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Raychee(f): 5:52pm On Jan 16, 2021
CsRockefeller:

Mature comment. Like your persona.

Thank you cheesy
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by lovelybugs(f): 6:43pm On Jan 16, 2021
With all the girls staying with their parents till they get married you'd think they'd all be virgins.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by CsRockefeller(m): 7:46pm On Jan 16, 2021
Raychee:

Thank you cheesy

Rachael right?
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Raychee(f): 9:29pm On Jan 16, 2021
CsRockefeller:

Rachael right?

That's right
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by CsRockefeller(m): 10:22pm On Jan 16, 2021
Raychee:

That's right

Cool.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by DaytonaAries(f): 11:47pm On Jan 16, 2021
An adult, not a child or a teenager wants to have her own. space. Op if this is your cousin decision, then it should be respected. Since she has a job, then what is the issue. I think the average Nigerian has such a downtrodden mentality, it is just wrong. Thinking a 22 years old woman can't move out if her parents house because it is not the norm. Even if she wants to have her intimate time, it is her business because she is an adult.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by AlphaSoul: 9:19am On Apr 08, 2021
Sonnobax15:
shocked

A young lady living alone and the same time working in a bank has a higher probability of going into a whoring adventure due to the type and amount of men she'd likely meet on her line of work

Whether she's independent or not,the last thing I'd advise any man who has his third leg intact on what to do is to ever date a lady who lives alone unless you wanna be a co-husband to many other of her husbands that'd come visiting....

My immediate ex girlfriend falls into this category...and that's one major reason why I ghosted her ASAP
grin grin... You have a point but it is not absolute.

Some young women live alone just so as to get to work early.

Some have to relocate to other states or regions in order to take
up new employment.

Lastly, there's need for undercover
investigations on any young woman
you're interested in because there's a lot of pretense, manipulation and sexual laxity out there.

Cheers!
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by FiverrTutor(m): 6:17pm On Oct 13, 2021
virginprincess:
Well, she is actually through with school, right now she works with a bank in port-harcourt.

Please can u link me to her?
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 13, 2021
Omor....
I see nothing wrong o...
As long as she can goot her own bills in a manner that is deemed legal and moral, it's all good...
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Rickmann: 9:41am On Oct 14, 2021
virginprincess:
NwaAmaikpe, my counsin is not a prostitute, i might not know her reason for wanting to live alone, but one thing is setting, she is not a prostitue, she's a very hardworking lady who works with a bank.

You mean cooperate prostitutes?
Trust me, the bank is another place that encourages such thing.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by wealthtrak: 7:24am On Nov 29, 2021
Nazgul:
Her request to stay alone isn't bad. She's 22, and if she has a good job, she'll enjoy geninue peace of mind cos living alone is very good. You won't have to endure an irritating roommate, always getting on your nerves every now and then, nagging parents who will constantly remind you about the success story of all your mates, and your younger cousins who have all gotten married. Also, you can effectively budget your finances, economize your food and provisions, and manage your bills effectively.

As a girl there are few guidelines I'll give you to stay alone effectively most especially if you're not a runs girl.

1. Limit your friends. They say the average Nigerian loves free things. That's very true. If you stay alone, you must be very careful with who you let into your home. I remember how I parked out of the first house I rented with my money after my youth service. It was a one bedroom apartment, I had this friend who was always visiting. With time he uprgaded himself to my roommate without even my consent.

I didn't have any problem with that. The problem I had with him was that he doesn't contribute a penny to the house. From recharging the prepaid meter to recharging the cable TV, to buying food and provisions...even pure water this my so called friend couldn't get. The worse of it all was that he's a womanizer. Imagine coming back home from work tired only to see meet your bedroom locked by your roomie cos he's busy with a girl. I'll end up dozing off on the couch in the palour while waiting for them cos I can't access the bathroom without entering the bedroom which is locked by him.

We quarrelled over this severally. This guy will apologize, beg me and after some days or weeks repeat the same thing again. With time when the rent remained like 2 months to be due, I parked out and left him there. I've learned to limit the kind of people I allow into my home ever since.

2. Be security conscious. Don't be careless with your security. As a girl, you can easily be overpowered, drugged, raped, robbed... etc. So avoid unnecessary closeness with your neighbours most especially if they're guys whose source of income you have no idea of. Whenever you're at home, keep your doors locked at all times. Avoid inviting people you meet on social media into your home. Avoid accepting lift from strangers to your home. All these things will put your safety at risk.

3. Don't disclose your status. As a girl, telling guys that you stay alone isn't wise. When guys start asking don't keep them in silence or else they'll start guessing and might guess right. Just tell them that you don't stay alone. Cos if you don't they won't mind trailing you secretly just to know where you stay. Believe me some guys can be that jobless. And after one visit to your house, you'll need the police to keep them out. Cos some will go as far as threatening to harm you if you refuse to let them in.

If you're in a serious relationship your guy should be the only one who should know your house along with some of your female friends who are on the same financial status with you, and your family members. Every other person can meet you at your place of work, your church or in a public place.

My advice...tell her to do whatever is in her mind, she's an adult now and must be allowed to make her own choices.

As for her parents, let her explain to them and make them reason with her that she won't remain under their roof forever, so the sooner she begins to plan a life outside their roof, the better for her

Also I hope she's working, when I say working I mean 9am -5pm jobs with a reasonable pay check. Cos if a girl is staying alone without a reasonable source of income, she might be tempted to go into prostitution in order to survive. Tell her this.
Word!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by surgevessel: 6:45am On Oct 12, 2022
virginprincess:
Well, she is actually through with school, right now she works with a bank in port-harcourt.

What are you saying?? She is through with school at what level? You mean she gained admission at 16 years, schooled for roughly 5 years and served 1 year and got a job immediately?

Something is fishy.

Meanwhile, there is nothing wrong with a lady staying alone. There are two sides to maturity. Mental and physical appearance. If you see her to be someone who can maturely handle all challenges of life struggle with great mental evaluation on decision making and above all, intra-personal relationship with people without running into problems that could put the entire family on their feet at all time. Then she's good to go.

But I look beyond physical appearance and financial means before concluding a lady to be in good standing to live alone.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Honestfrend: 12:19pm On Oct 12, 2022
virginprincess:

If this your sister is single.. Please can u link us together.. I have same trait. Am a very calm and responsible person.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Rach310(f): 7:19am On Oct 13, 2022
Beey:
I started living alone at 22 & those claiming that it’s for prostitution, you need a renewal of your dirty minds. Every woman out there is not all about sex. There’s more to womanhood than getting laid. Here in the US, kids start driving at 16 &at that age some get a job.I see no big deal if she’s principled and can pay her own bills.
Later they'll complain of over dependency when they won't allow the lady do things on her own.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help! I Saw My Son Last 24 Years Ago, When He Was 2 Years Old / Post Your New Year Picture / “my Husband’s Girlfriend Took My Pant, Bra From Our Home,’’ Wife Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.