Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? (10996 Views)

Apostle Suleman: My Spiritual Son Landed In France 'Supernaturally' / "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares / Masturbation Ruining My Spiritual Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by macnino399: 9:23pm On Jan 14, 2021
Good day everyone
Please I need a guide on how to grow spiritually besides just going to church. Thanks.

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:37pm On Jan 14, 2021
Joshua 1:8 (KJV)

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Obedience of God's Word is key.

So you need to study God's Word to know what God requires of you, so that you'd would be able meet it.

Prayer and fasting also helps you to grow spiritually and to obey God's Word because the flesh is weak but the spirit is willing.

God bless.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by yanabasee1(m): 9:43pm On Jan 14, 2021
Hmmm
Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by Ihedinobi3: 9:59pm On Jan 14, 2021
macnino399:
Good day everyone
Please I need a guide on how to grow spiritually besides just going to church. Thanks.

Hi there.

I wrote a thread summarizing the process at https://www.nairaland.com/6344450/christians-job-why-youre-here. Please peruse it and ask any questions you like. In the meantime, I will give a brief answer that I hope will give you the gist of what you will find on that thread.

First of all, it is not possible to grow spiritually alone. We need fellow believers to grow spiritually. In fact, as Ephesians 4:11-16 teaches, while we are responsible for our individual spiritual growth, we must take advantage of the gift of the pastor-teacher in order to grow spiritually and we must also do whatever we are able to in order to help others grow spiritually too.

This does not mean though that we have to go to church as it is done today in order to grow spiritually. In fact, Paul once told the Corinthians that their church meetings were doing more harm than good to them (1 Corinthians 11:17). So it is possible for church to be bad for you. But that does not mean that we should become loners doing our own thing with no regard or interest in other believers. It only means that we should diligently search for other believers who are committed to growing spiritually too just like we are. And when we find a gifted and prepared pastor-teacher, we will also find such believers clustered around him.

Spiritual growth, however, is a steady development in faith in the teachings of the Bible. That is, it is the process of learning, believing, and diligently applying the teachings of the Bible. The Bible is a big and complex book. While we can read it and know what it says, God has ordained that some believers will be responsible to explain what it says to others. In the times before the Law of Moses, it was heads of families like Seth, Noah, and Abraham who both received direct revelation of God's Word and also interpreted it to their families. Under the Law of Moses, the priests and Levites were responsible to interpret the teachings of the Law to the rest of Israel. In the times of the Apostles, specially gifted prophets and teachers were able to receive direct revelation and supernaturally explain it too. Since the completion of the New Testament, however, only pastor-teachers who not only possess the gift of teaching, but have also grown spiritually under another pastor-teacher and have trained in certain specific ways and endured the tests of maturity are authorized by the Lord to teach the Bible to fellow believers.

By identifying and listening to such pastor-teachers, we can grow spiritually. Such people are rare and sometimes hard to find, but they exist, and the Lord will always bring anyone who is willing to grow to them.

Please note that spiritual growth is very hard. It takes time and patience (Hebrews 12:1). But it will change you in very pleasant ways and make you able to live the life that God calls us all to live. I hope that you will choose that path.

Please take a look at the thread I linked. It will explain things in more detail and with greater clarity, I believe. I'll be happy to help you any further if you want.

Cheers.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by Nobody: 6:26am On Jan 15, 2021
macnino399:
Good day everyone

1 Peter 2:2 kjv - “As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.”

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by MightySparrow: 8:09am On Jan 15, 2021
iyambz:

1 Peter 2:2 kjv - “As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.”
If you know someone who has grown more than you, learn from him / her.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by macnino399: 7:30am On Jan 17, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Joshua 1:8 (KJV)

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Obedience of God's Word is key.

So you need to study God's Word to know what God requires of you, so that you'd would be able meet it.

Prayer and fasting also helps you to grow spiritually and to obey God's Word because the flesh is weak but the spirit is willing.

God bless.
Thank you so much for this

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by DropsMic(m): 7:37am On Jan 17, 2021
More than 99% of people that will advice you don't even have a spiritual life to begin with.

That's the bleeped up thing about religion. It is driven by pretense

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by Okortor: 8:37am On Jan 17, 2021
Read your Bible always and ask for the holyspirit to abide with u

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by JohnDazzy: 8:38am On Jan 17, 2021
smiley
Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by helinues: 8:39am On Jan 17, 2021
shocked

Buy seed pots now and plant your spiritual seed.

Sha make sure you water it regularly

1 Like

Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by 99thEnemy(m): 8:40am On Jan 17, 2021
space booked
Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by AntiChristian: 8:40am On Jan 17, 2021
Obey the commandments!

Sell your properties and give to the poor.

Follow Jesus not Paul.

grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by pocohantas(f): 8:41am On Jan 17, 2021
Associate with likeminded people for a start and flee from fornication.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by SpicyMimi(f): 8:42am On Jan 17, 2021
Studying your Bible & Praying daily.

This is still helping me.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by Mdmelijah: 8:47am On Jan 17, 2021
macnino399:
Good day everyone

By obeying God's word, God's voice, and God's messengers and Spirit.
Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by DavidEsq(m): 8:48am On Jan 17, 2021
macnino399:
Good day everyone
1 Peter 1:5-8:
For this very reason, put forth all earnest effort to supply to your faith virtue, to your virtue knowledge, 6 to your knowledge self-control, to your self-control endurance, to your endurance godly devotion, 7 to your godly devotion brotherly affection, to your brotherly affection love. 8 For if these things exist in you and overflow, they will prevent you from being either inactive or unfruitful regarding the accurate knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by DavidEsq(m): 8:50am On Jan 17, 2021
Mdmelijah:

By obeying God's word, God's voice, and God's messengers and Spirit.

Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by backbone503(m): 8:50am On Jan 17, 2021
The greatest sign of spirituality is humility. Be humble. Then:
1. Do to others just what you'd like done to you.
2. love your neighbours as yourself.
3. Do all you've agreed to do
4. Do not encroach on others or their properties

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by whytediamond(m): 8:50am On Jan 17, 2021
Focus on loving yourself and the people around you.

Work to earn a legitimate pay. (self love)

Be charitable and compassionate. (Love)

It all centers on LOVE sir.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by Kenneth4u205(m): 8:53am On Jan 17, 2021
The first step is to work on your friends .people you spend time with . discard friends that always talk about carnal and worldly things .then make new friends that inspires you spiritually.be careful of boyfriend/girlfriend relationship because there's nothing like no sex relationship in reality.it just a matter of time before it happens .feed on the word and watch Christian sermon .seek for deliverance incase there's a demons inside of you.for the main purpose of demons is to frustrate your Christian walk

1 Like

Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by Omoluabi16(m): 8:55am On Jan 17, 2021
pocohantas:
Associate with likeminded people for a start and flee from fornication.
You are just something else grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by Quality20(m): 8:55am On Jan 17, 2021
1. stop all evils esp backbiting,gossiping, maligning
2. cease fornication/ adultery, in fact don't even come close to doing it
3. avoid black magic n sorcery
4. behave n dress like the prophets sent by God , I don't mean all those guys n girls calling themselves prophets n prophetess o
5. eat n dress from lawful sources
6.Avoid harming ppl either with ur tongue,hands or even ur private parts

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by pocohantas(f): 8:57am On Jan 17, 2021
Omoluabi16:
You are just something else grin

Hian. Isn’t that good advice? grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by MuttleyLaff: 9:00am On Jan 17, 2021
macnino399:
Good day everyone
"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name,
He will teach you all things and will bring to your remembrance all things that I have said to you
"
- John 14:26

"But when He the, Spirit of truth, shall come, He will guide you into all the truth.
For He will not speak from Himself, but whatever He may hear, He will speak.
And He will declare to you the things coming
"
- John 16:13

Knowledge is obtained from learning something new every day, while wisdom is letting go of something every day

First of all, what if I tell you, do not just slay your demons, but dissect them also to find what they've been feeding on.
Personally how I've grown and grow spiritually besides just going to organised church, is from learning not only from books but from doing those dissections I mentioned, not only from tenets but most importantly from my Teacher, the Spirit of Truth
Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by CodeTemplar: 9:00am On Jan 17, 2021
Feed regularly.
Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by Muhdmusamuhd: 9:01am On Jan 17, 2021
I find meditation really effective ... The goal is to control your mind ... Try meditation. It makes your spiritual life better, along with tons of other benefits..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by Truefaith: 9:01am On Jan 17, 2021
Gen 6:3  And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man...

God will not continue endlessly asking people to check His words against teachings of their cherished 'men of God'. He would give them over to the DECEPTION they so much love, 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ow1cBCkubc

www.thetruechristianfaith.com

Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by Kayharry(m): 9:02am On Jan 17, 2021
By praying and reading your Bible
Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by Youngzedd(m): 9:05am On Jan 17, 2021
macnino399:
Good day everyone

Listen to the messages @ https://www.freenationchurch.org/sermons/

Forget what you have heard, just listen first. Cross check what you hear, if it's the truth, keep listening, if it's false quit.
Re: How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? by Seyzcham91(m): 9:06am On Jan 17, 2021
going to church is just a waste of time has no contribution to your spiritual Growth or Uprightness

i'm a living witness and what really opened my own eyes to spiritual growth is Spiritual Attack Though

God allowed Evil people to attack me so i could come closer to him but not saying you should wait to be attacked just learn from my own mistake

Pray always in the midnight between 12am and 3am and most importantly in your prayer point ask for Holy ghost fire to dominate you, Power of God and Spirit of of God to dominate you, Trust me it comes naturally as you make this your routine
macnino399:
Good day everyone

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enough Is Enough It Is Time To Engage Your Angels. / Religious Man Has Kept His Hand Raised For 38 Years (PIC) / Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.