Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Does Marijuana Alter The State Of Consciousness? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Does Marijuana Alter The State Of Consciousness? (550 Views)

Some Random Images That Could Alter Your Belief/mind/thought / Woman Named Marijuana Pepsi Earns Doctoral Degree / The State Of Deterioration In Our Schools In Borno State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Marijuana Alter The State Of Consciousness? by philfearon(m): 7:29am On Jan 15, 2021
This is a question a lot of people will love to really see what the answer is. However, it is not an easy question to answer. Before we proceed, let us look at the meaning of consciousness. We will also look at the ways smoking marijuana interacts with the body immediately the THC is inhaled into the body. THC is the chemical compound that causes the 'highness' or euphoria people experience when they smoke marijuana.

What is consciousness?

Consciousness has to do with the state of being aware of your immediate environment, internally and externally. According to Dictionary.com, consciousness is

"the state of being aware of and responsive to one's surroundings". So, it's not just being aware of your immediate surroundings, you also need to have the capacity to respond to stimuli.

Having known this definition of consciousness, do you think that smoking marijuana alters the consciousness of the smoker? The answer to this question lies in the simple fact that the state of our body is always adjusting to what it is being fed at all times. What does this mean?

It means that if you eat beans for instance, it is going to alter your state of consciousness and cause you to release some gas. This is not something a person will normally do. But, each time you eat beans, there is a tendency that you are going to release a lot of gases, and it may be at odd times. It may even create embarrassing moments for the person if not properly coordinated.

Back to the question. Marijuana is known to contain THC - Tetrahydrocannabinol. This compound contains chemicals that attaches itself to the body's neurotransmitters, quickly assimilating into the body system. In the medical world, THC is designated as a psychoactive drug.

From Wikipedia:

"A psychoactive drug, psychopharmaceutical, or psychotropic drug is a chemical substance that changes nervous system function and results in alterations in perception, mood, consciousness, cognition, or behaviour."

Some marijuana consumers do admit that it alters their consciousness in some way. However, since everyone is living a unique experience, it is hard to imagine the particular state of consciousness been referred to. Some report getting well needed rest, while others report about pain relief. Some others report about their creative genius been amplified after smoking marijuana. To some, it might be an escapist affair, while to some others, marijuana helps them forget about their life problems or create solutions to them through more introspection.

In the end though, i guess we can rightly say that the alteration lies in the eyes of the beholder.

https://uptownerd.com/2021/01/15/does-marijuana-alter-the-state-of-consciousness/

Re: Does Marijuana Alter The State Of Consciousness? by joinnow: 9:08am On Jan 15, 2021
philfearon:

This is a question a lot of people will love to really see what the answer is. However, it is not an easy question to answer. Before we proceed, let us look at the meaning of consciousness. We will also look at the ways smoking marijuana interacts with the body immediately the THC is inhaled into the body. THC is the chemical compound that causes the 'highness' or euphoria people experience when they smoke marijuana.

What is consciousness?

Consciousness has to do with the state of being aware of your immediate environment, internally and externally. According to Dictionary.com, consciousness is

"the state of being aware of and responsive to one's surroundings". So, it's not just being aware of your immediate surroundings, you also need to have the capacity to respond to stimuli.

Having known this definition of consciousness, do you think that smoking marijuana alters the consciousness of the smoker? The answer to this question lies in the simple fact that the state of our body is always adjusting to what it is being fed at all times. What does this mean?

It means that if you eat beans for instance, it is going to alter your state of consciousness and cause you to release some gas. This is not something a person will normally do. But, each time you eat beans, there is a tendency that you are going to release a lot of gases, and it may be at odd times. It may even create embarrassing moments for the person if not properly coordinated.

Back to the question. Marijuana is known to contain THC - Tetrahydrocannabinol. This compound contains chemicals that attaches itself to the body's neurotransmitters, quickly assimilating into the body system. In the medical world, THC is designated as a psychoactive drug.

From Wikipedia:

"A psychoactive drug, psychopharmaceutical, or psychotropic drug is a chemical substance that changes nervous system function and results in alterations in perception, mood, consciousness, cognition, or behaviour."

Some marijuana consumers do admit that it alters their consciousness in some way. However, since everyone is living a unique experience, it is hard to imagine the particular state of consciousness been referred to. Some report getting well needed rest, while others report about pain relief. Some others report about their creative genius been amplified after smoking marijuana. To some, it might be an escapist affair, while to some others, marijuana helps them forget about their life problems or create solutions to them through more introspection.

In the end though, i guess we can rightly say that the alteration lies in the eyes of the beholder.

https://uptownerd.com/2021/01/15/does-marijuana-alter-the-state-of-consciousness/

no worry allow your surgeon to take some jumbo puff then let him operate on you

or allow your pilot to take some puff and let him fly you. you will see yourself in bermuda traingle
Re: Does Marijuana Alter The State Of Consciousness? by paulolee(m): 9:44am On Jan 15, 2021
they say experience is the best teacher...you can get and roll urself one to get the best experience
Re: Does Marijuana Alter The State Of Consciousness? by sageb: 10:51am On Jan 15, 2021
philfearon:

What is consciousness?

From Wikipedia:

Yes it does. In social sciences research, we call it distorted state of
consciousness. Marijuana is a stimulant
Re: Does Marijuana Alter The State Of Consciousness? by philfearon(m): 10:52am On Jan 15, 2021
sageb:

Wow.

Distorted State Of Consciousness! Cool name.
Re: Does Marijuana Alter The State Of Consciousness? by pegix(m): 11:08am On Jan 15, 2021
Yeah it does
The psychoactive agent (THC) and CBD are responsible for that
It also impair judgement,loss of awareness and memory(hypothalamus)
See below for full list of the effects and the target glands effected

Re: Does Marijuana Alter The State Of Consciousness? by Federalcase(m): 11:52am On Jan 15, 2021
Whatever bro all these studies don't mean shit to me, i have done my studies and i know when to get high, i use kush only for relaxation and fun that's all. I don't get high when am going for lectures or other stuff that requires my full attention

2 Likes

Re: Does Marijuana Alter The State Of Consciousness? by philfearon(m): 3:15pm On Jan 15, 2021
Federalcase:
Whatever bro all these studies don't mean shit to me, i have done my studies and i know when to get high, i use kush only for relaxation and fun that's all. I don't get high when am going for lectures or other stuff that requires my full attention
G.

1 Like

Re: Does Marijuana Alter The State Of Consciousness? by Federalcase(m): 5:03pm On Jan 15, 2021

1 Like

Re: Does Marijuana Alter The State Of Consciousness? by cooooooks(m): 1:08pm On Jan 16, 2021
Caffeine (in coffee and tea) is a stimulant.

sageb:

(1) (Reply)

Unilorin Lecturer, Ighodalo, Dies Of COVID-19 / How To Calculate Unilorin Aggregate Score For 2020/2021 Admission / BREAKING: US Mission To Prioritise ‘visa Applications For Nigerian Students’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.