Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,447 members, 7,781,292 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:56 AM

Lock Your Sim Cards WARNING. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lock Your Sim Cards WARNING. (1467 Views)

Police Arrest Lady Who Steals Sim Cards, Withdraws Money From Accounts / Nigerian Man Apprehended For Allegedly Smuggling Drugs And SIM Cards In India / EFCC Arrests 15 Yahoo Boys In Lagos; Charms, Cars, SIM Cards, Coffins Recovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lock Your Sim Cards WARNING. by Eim9(m): 7:57am On Jan 15, 2021
Most people don't know that there is a way you can lock your Sim card and it can be dangerous if you haven't locked your Sim card.
A friend of mine lost about 325,000 naira after his iphone was stolen.
He was bothered about his iPhone X being stolen, he didn't know that the thieves had bigger plans.
The next day when he went to the bank for a transaction, he was told he had lost that amount of money as it seemed like someone had used his Sim card to purchase airtime worth 300,000 and 25,000 worth of data.

So not until I stumbled on this video which I shared with him and it made him understand why that happened, how it happened and also the need to ENABLE SIM CARD LOCK ON YOUR PHONES.

WATCH THE VIDEO.
It is sad most Nigerians face this and don't know how to protect themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z68C7H0kgrw
Re: Lock Your Sim Cards WARNING. by 8BowlofFlour: 8:15am On Jan 15, 2021
Thanks for this

1 Like

Re: Lock Your Sim Cards WARNING. by Eim9(m): 8:23am On Jan 15, 2021
You are welcome. Doing my best to keep everyone informed.
Visit SE CYBERSAFE on youtube and susbcribe to my channel as I keep everyone updated on the latest Scams and tricks and how to stay safe Online and prevent yourself from getting hacked.
8BowlofFlour:
Thanks for this
Re: Lock Your Sim Cards WARNING. by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 15, 2021
You and this your friend again.
The other day he lost his cars steering wheel while driving, now it's phone n money.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lock Your Sim Cards WARNING. by Eim9(m): 1:10pm On Jan 15, 2021
What are you talking about pls
GayPontiff:
You and this your friend again.
The other day he lost his cars steering wheel while driving, now it's phone n money.
Re: Lock Your Sim Cards WARNING. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 15, 2021

1 Like

Re: Lock Your Sim Cards WARNING. by Fuckyoumod: 4:10pm On Jan 15, 2021
You didn't tell people how to lock their sims

1 Like

Re: Lock Your Sim Cards WARNING. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 15, 2021
So, what if after locking the Sim, you start experiencing one problem or the other and you're not able to unlock it again?

In the meantime though, show us how to lock it while we go do our research on the advantages and dissadvatages of this feature.

2 Likes

Re: Lock Your Sim Cards WARNING. by Eim9(m): 4:33pm On Jan 17, 2021
Yeah people don't
Uncharted56:
Wait people don't lock thier sims?
Re: Lock Your Sim Cards WARNING. by Eim9(m): 4:33pm On Jan 17, 2021
I explained the process in the video.
Fuckyoumod:
You didn't tell people how to lock their sims
Re: Lock Your Sim Cards WARNING. by Eim9(m): 4:36pm On Jan 17, 2021
Oh! Sorry about that, I couldn't type the whole process. It isn't long though, watch the video, I gave a detailed explanation there.
There is no disadvantage of locking it rather advantages. Just watch the video.
I am surprised most Nigerians don't know about the sim lock feature and why they should lock it.
CalliDora1:
So, what if after locking the Sim, you start experiencing one problem or the other and you're not able to unlock it again?

In the meantime though, show us how to lock it while we go do our research on the advantages and dissadvatages of this feature.
Re: Lock Your Sim Cards WARNING. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 17, 2021
Eim9:
Oh! Sorry about that, I couldn't type the whole process. It isn't long though, watch the video, I gave a detailed explanation there.
There is no disadvantage of locking it rather advantages. Just watch the video.
I am surprised most Nigerians don't know about the sim lock feature and why they should lock it.

Ok. Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others / Instantcoins.ng Is A Scam How I Lost 882,621 Naira / 2-year-old, And 5-year-old Puffing Weed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.