Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,697 members, 7,802,053 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) (2329 Views)

Inside US Supersonic Presidential Jet That Could Fly Twice Speed Of Sound (Pics) / China Unveils Super Fast "Floating" Maglev Train With Max Speed Of 600 Km/h / ₦4.3Trillion: China Unveils New Mega-Airport, Spans 18 Square Miles (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by Explorers(m): 11:42am On Jan 15, 2021
China rolled out a maglev train prototype with a designed speed of 620 km/h on Wednesday, which is the world's first vehicle using the high-temperature superconducting (HTS) maglev technology, according to its developers.

The domestically developed prototype and a 165-meter maglev test track were unveiled by researchers at Southwest Jiaotong University in Chengdu, Sichuan Province.

At the launch ceremony, the 21-meter-long silver-and-black locomotive was seen floating slowly along the track. Experts hailed it as a "zero to one" breakthrough in the country's development of HTS technology.

The aerial photo shows the Maglev train prototype on the test line during a launch ceremony in Chengdu, southwest China's Sichuan Province, January 13, 2021.

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2021-01-14/China-unveils-maglev-train-prototype-with-designed-speed-of-620-km-h-X36Lf2fBAI/index.html

1 Like

Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by Explorers(m): 11:42am On Jan 15, 2021
The interior and the Driver's cabin of the maglev train prototype in Chengdu, southwest China's Sichuan Province, January 13, 2021.

With an investment of 60 million yuan ($9.3 million), the HTS maglev project was jointly developed by Southwest Jiaotong University, China Railway Group Limited and CRRC Corporation Limited.

The “super bullet” train is designed to have a speed of 620km/h, developed using a linear acceleration system based on high-temperature superconductors (HTSs).

If these speeds can be achieved in practice, the train would be the fastest commercial transport vehicle in the world.

3 Likes

Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by Ofemmanu1: 11:46am On Jan 15, 2021
620km/hr my Lamborghini Aventador can't do that..

but what china no sell us this type?!

na their used/refurbished our basterrd minister bought for Nigeria at the price of new one and be bragging.

6 Likes

Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by Ofemmanu1: 11:46am On Jan 15, 2021
620km/hr my Lamborghini Aventador can't do that..

but what china no sell us this type?!

na their used/refurbished our basterrd minister bought for Nigeria at the price of new one and be bragging.

Explorers, bring more pix abeg.
Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by ochuski(m): 11:51am On Jan 15, 2021
See what dey have yet dey gave us junks

1 Like

Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by Lyrics269: 11:52am On Jan 15, 2021
Will it last
Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by luminouz(m): 11:56am On Jan 15, 2021
Lyrics269:
Will it last

Why not?

They don't tolerate corruption like Nigeria na

2 Likes

Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by Explorers(m): 11:58am On Jan 15, 2021
ochuski:
See what dey have yet dey gave us junks

They gave us what we asked for.

7 Likes

Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by DelTel(m): 12:13pm On Jan 15, 2021
grin
Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by tillaman(m): 12:13pm On Jan 15, 2021
angry
Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by shogz89: 12:48pm On Jan 15, 2021
Explorers:

and what we can afford

2 Likes

Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by Explorers(m): 12:52pm On Jan 15, 2021
shogz89:
and what we can afford

I believe we can afford it, but some people will rather share 60% of the project cost among themselves.

4 Likes

Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by Fidelismaria: 12:57pm On Jan 15, 2021
Beautiful!

Welcome back explorers.
Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by Professorcplus(m): 1:00pm On Jan 15, 2021
Will Nigeria Change for good. Maybe not in this Buhari's era. If we can get few of this along the six geopolitical zone of Nigeria,that will be the beginning of development but corruption would allow them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by Fahdiga(m): 1:46pm On Jan 15, 2021
And zombies are busy celebrating crap called Buhari train
Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by cassidy1996(m): 1:59pm On Jan 15, 2021
good one, i like technology

1 Like

Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by BluntCrazeMan: 2:08pm On Jan 15, 2021
KILL ME WITH BASTARD TECHNOLOGY.!!
Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by horlahsunbo225(m): 4:02pm On Jan 15, 2021
China and technology
5&6

2 Likes

Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by DisGuy: 4:32pm On Jan 15, 2021
Explorers:

I believe we can afford it, but some people will rather share 60% of the project cost among themselves.

We can't.....we are only managing 5000MW at the moment.....this will require something on a grand scale

1 Like

Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by domido(m): 8:05pm On Jan 15, 2021
And see what we're getting
Government una see una life
Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by Cutehector(m): 8:20pm On Jan 15, 2021
Nigeria sef

1 Like

Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by samuel19222(m): 8:27pm On Jan 15, 2021
Nice one chinko
Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 7:31am On Jan 16, 2021
It just beat my imagination to see china, the poverty capital of the world some 30 yrs ago achieving this amazing feat.

Nigeria which way
Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by cayorday89(m): 12:17pm On Jan 16, 2021
I still find it hard to believe that Nigerians underrate the level of advancement of the Chinese people, they produce virtually everything and even things we are yet to use due to our level of development as a nation and people as those things won't fit in our society.. The road network is just too solid, that a farm produce can get moving from one extreme of the country to another under 24hrs and adding this new train when it is finally completed will work wonders..
I love seeing documentaries on the chinese, and I must say I am always wowed by their level of invention which in turn makes life easy for them in all ramifications...

2 Likes

Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by MERCHANDISER: 8:43pm On Jan 16, 2021
600km per hour is equivalent to traveling from Lagos to East in one hour.

If this is replicated in Nigeria.I will live in my village and be working in Lagos.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by Daniyomex(m): 10:33pm On Jan 17, 2021
Thought I am the only one on this table. It is only a matter of time before China take over from the USA as the world power. Just watch

cayorday89:
I still find it hard to believe that Nigerians underrate the level of advancement of the Chinese people, they produce virtually everything and even things we are yet to use due to our level of development as a nation and people as those things won't fit in our society.. The road network is just too solid, that a farm produce can get moving from one extreme of the country to another under 24hrs and adding this new train when it is finally completed will work wonders..
I love seeing documentaries on the chinese, and I must say I am always wowed by their level of invention which in turn makes life easy for them in all ramifications...
Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by revived: 4:21am On Jan 18, 2021
Dope dope dope

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by DonroxyII: 7:07am On Jan 18, 2021
Explorers:

Olohun, We can afford anything once the animalistic behaviours among the leaders and the larger part of the society is eliminated....

Food, Sex and Ogogoro-Beer can not build train !!

2 Likes

Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by tutudesz: 12:59pm On Jan 23, 2021
Explorers:

The cheapest by cost and expensive on paper grin
Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by Flexherbal(m): 1:32pm On Jan 23, 2021
Explorers:

100% correct!!!
Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by Mindlog: 2:05pm On Jan 23, 2021
While Nigerian Government keep on ordering for relics!
Re: China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) by Ramon92: 4:55pm On Jan 23, 2021
Daniyomex:
Thought I am the only one on this table. It is only a matter of time before China take over from the USA as the world power. Just watch

I believe they are already the world power, and just being calculative by not admitting.. Trump didn't challenge economically them for fun's sake..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uk Border Agency Hit By Fresh Bribes For Visas Issued To Nigerians/africans / A Nigerian Caught After More Than 20 Years Of Stolen Identity In The UK / Kudirat Abiola Corner: New York Street Named After MKO Abiola’s Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.