Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,319 members, 7,808,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? (6211 Views)

Life In Jordan For Nigerians / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 15, 2021
Everyone is talking about Canada, many Nigerians are fleeing Nigeria to Canada every day. My mind tells me the country might "cast" for Nigerians soon because anything Nigerians do en masse doesn't always end well, just name it - business, profession, school e.t.c.

Please note that i'm not trying to discourage anyone from fleeing to Canada or anywhere outside this hell hole of a country, I am also planning to japa soon. grin

Guys, what do you think? Will Canada cast for Nigerians soon? Will it become harder to immigrate to due to some shitty things some of our countrymen MIGHT indulge in like visa overstays, marriage fraud (for papers), scams e.t.c?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by SocialJustice: 6:35pm On Jan 15, 2021
It will not cast anytime soon, Nigerians are not even the highest immigrants to Canada globally.

Canada does not let anyone in, they select only the best. Most people are not even eligible to go to Canada. Entering into Canada is not easy like UK.

29 Likes

Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by muaa(f): 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2021
In Jesus' name,
It will not cast ����

6 Likes

Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by Nbotee(m): 7:16pm On Jan 15, 2021
Something wey don dey cast small small.. Their visa rejection rates have been on the increase ever since the US ratted us out to dem

2 Likes

Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by Iceyjayz: 7:25pm On Jan 15, 2021
muaa:
In Jesus' name,
It will not cast ����
It has already cast, no thanks to some foolish Nigerian citizens
Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by maternal: 7:25pm On Jan 15, 2021
Activist001:
Everyone is talking about Canada, many Nigerians are fleeing Nigeria to Canada every day. My mind tells me the country might "cast" for Nigerians soon because anything Nigerians do en masse doesn't always end well, just name it - business, profession, school e.t.c.

Please note that i'm not trying to discourage anyone from fleeing to Canada or anywhere outside this hell hole of a country, I am also planning to japa soon. grin

Guys, what do you think? Will Canada cast for Nigerians soon? Will it become harder to immigrate to due to some shitty things some of our countrymen MIGHT indulge in?

You'll always have your exceptions, but Nigerians usually respect the laws in Canada. They can't try nonsense in Canada.
Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by ednut1(m): 7:30pm On Jan 15, 2021
Activist001:

Guys, what do you think? Will Canada cast for Nigerians soon? Will it become harder to immigrate to due to some shitty things some of our countrymen MIGHT indulge in like visa overstays, marriage fraud (for papers), scams e.t.c?
canada is not taking anyhow Nigerians. Most of those that qualify already had good jobs in Nigeria. Less likely to do shady things there. And canada media does not judge criminals by nationality like other developed countries. When u allow anyhow Nigerians to enter yahoo boys and other criminals go follow join. How many yahoo boys fit go write ielts test

Total Nigerians in Canada is not up to 150k too

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by weslay: 7:45pm On Jan 15, 2021
Canada is not for everyone. Just research properly before embarking on the journey.

That said, Canada's population is slightly under 40m while America that has about the same land mass has a population of about 350m. So the immigration policy is not going to change any time soon.

13 Likes

Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by 79733139(m): 8:32pm On Jan 15, 2021
If you are talking about young guys (from well-to-do homes) who come on student's visa, then maybe, but if it is via PR (Express Entry) route, forget it. Express Entry is designed to pick out only intelligent and resilient people, the system is a big hurdle to jump over.

Iceyjayz:
It has already cast, no thanks to some foolish Nigerian citizens

13 Likes

Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by Oracleforce: 9:50pm On Jan 15, 2021
Activist001:

Pessimist....and negative people....

No need for me to comment in this kin senseless thread
Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 15, 2021
Oracleforce:

Pessimist....and negative people....

No need for me to comment in this kin senseless thread
I'm only being real here chief not actually negative or pessimistic. It has happened in many countries Nigerians flock to in numbers.
Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by Gerrard59(m): 10:02pm On Jan 15, 2021
Nbotee:
Something wey don dey cast small small.. Their visa rejection rates have been on the increase ever since the US ratted us out to dem

That's an opposite of being cast. Cast according to OP is when it's easy for any Nigerian who has money to get in, something which is not possible looking at the criteria involved. Just like Malaysia and Singapore - the former being easy to move to as a Nigerian while the latter is extremely selective and hard.

1 Like

Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by Fidelismaria: 10:36pm On Jan 15, 2021
If hin cast, we go find another country go, last I checked we have about 196 countries in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by oladunjoye23936: 10:44pm On Jan 15, 2021
Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by salford1: 11:45pm On Jan 15, 2021
Activist001:

Hope you intend to japa to Hungary, or some other countries being ruled by some nutcase leader like Trump.

Since you are an hardcore Trump supporter, you won't like it in Canada because we detest racism, trump's style of leadership, discrimination e.t.c. Our leader, Justin Trudeau is the most liberal and progressive leader in the world.

As per your question, it won't cast. Canada's immigration system takes out the best of the best professionals from their home countries. Our system filters out the deplorables and those that would make the country cast.

15 Likes

Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by salford1: 11:54pm On Jan 15, 2021
ednut1:
canada is not taking anyhow Nigerians. Most of those that qualify already had good jobs in Nigeria. Less likely to do shady things there. And canada media does not judge criminals by nationality like other developed countries. When u allow anyhow Nigerians to enter yahoo boys and other criminals go follow join. How many yahoo boys fit go write ielts test

Total Nigerians in Canada is not up to 150k too
Not up to 100,000 sef.

2 Likes

Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by sweetmelanin(f): 5:17am On Jan 16, 2021
salford1:

Hope you intend to japa to Hungary, or some other countries being ruled by some nutcase leader like Trump.

Since you are an hardcore Trump supporter, you won't like it in Canada because we detest racism, trump's style of leadership, discrimination e.t.c. Our leader, Justin Trudeau is the most liberal and progressive leader in the world.

As per your question, it won't cast. Canada's immigration system takes out the best of the best professionals from their home countries. Our system filters out the deplorables and those that would make the country cast.

It's ridiculous to judge the "lack of racism and discrimination" in a country based on the current president who will leave office at some point.

Canada has always had very few immigrants living amongst them.. what do you think will happen when citizens start seeing more and more foreigners in their country? ....remember years ago when people used to praise the UK for its hospitality towards immigrants? yeah, until the citizens voted Brexit to the shock of many.. (we all know the Brexit vote was laden in covert racism, people getting fed up of immigrants "taking over" their country).

Remember when America had Obama as president? Well, nobody envisaged the nightmare that would follow shortly after...

Bottom line is, don't get too comfortable.

18 Likes

Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by 79733139(m): 6:20am On Jan 16, 2021
Exactly!

Work towards and expect the best outcomes but prepare for the worst.

sweetmelanin:

3 Likes

Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by babakb: 6:21am On Jan 16, 2021
sweetmelanin:

It's ridiculous to judge the "lack of racism and discrimination" in a country based on the current president who will leave office at some point.

Canada has always had very few immigrants living amongst them.. what do you think will happen when citizens start seeing more and more foreigners in their country? ....remember years ago when people used to praise the UK for its hospitality towards immigrants? yeah, until the citizens voted Brexit to the shock of many.. (we all know the Brexit vote was laden in covert racism, people getting fed up of immigrants "taking over" their country).

Remember when America had Obama as president? Well, nobody envisaged the nightmare that would follow shortly after...

I don't know why people are over emphasizing racism all the time, the UK and US spent decades accepting legal and illegal immigrants, at some point they must close their boarders, so the covert racism is justified.

The Black entitlement mentality is just out of this world, the funny thing is when Nigggas shoot Nigggas we keep quiet but when whites shoot Nigggas the whole world shouts racism...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by ednut1(m): 7:29am On Jan 16, 2021
sweetmelanin:

Canada has a aging population, it needs migrants more than the migrants needs it. It is a country of immigrants for more than 100 years. It is only popular now cos uk and usa don close shop on immigrants. Canadian women today prefer dogs and cats to children. So immigration will still thrive for a long time

8 Likes

Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 16, 2021
salford1:

Salford my guy. cheesy

LMAO. I'm not a "hardcore" Trump supporter, I just detest many aspects of the progressive style of leadership.

I don't want to go into politics so I won't be commenting further on Trump. We've already argued enough on that thread about his policies and racism. grin

Hungary taking stance on illegal immigration is not bad and it is one of the countries I would love to visit in my lifetime. Even the style of leadership in Poland is impressive except a little of their extreme right wing policies.

It just takes 2 seconds for the citizens to revolut against the progressive style of leadership in Canada if it gets unbearable. Take a look at Germany with what Merkel did in 2015 or so with refugees and how it played out with Germans.

Take a look at Sweden too and their refugee crisis which was caused by progressivism. Lol. If Canada starts taking in "too many" migrants (refugees especially) without adequate plans just because they don't want to discriminate or be racist, people will vote your Zaddy Trudeau out of leadership asap. You think everyone in CA likes his style of leadership?

Canada is also very different from the USA, there were other reasons why Trump was elected.

Anyways Biden will be taking over in some days time, let's see what he can do. Still not a fan though. wink

And as for Canada casting for Nigerians, thank you for your input. I guess it wouldn't be casting soon. I like their style of selection.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by 79733139(m): 11:06am On Jan 16, 2021
Canada isn't taking refugees in droves, she is taking educated migrants, there is a big difference. If you attempt the refugee/asylum route it would takes years of defending your case in court and "floating" before you know your fate (permission or deportation).

Activist001:

Salford my guy. cheesy

LMAO. I'm not a "hardcore" Trump supporter, I just detest many aspects of the progressive style of leadership.

I don't want to go into politics so I won't be commenting further on Trump. We've already argued enough on that thread about his policies and racism. grin

Hungary taking stance on illegal immigration is not bad and it is one of the countries I would love to visit in my lifetime. Even the style of leadership in Poland is impressive except a little of their extreme right wing policies.

It just takes 2 seconds for the citizens to revolut against the progressive style of leadership in Canada if it gets unbearable. Take a look at Germany with what Merkel did in 2015 or so with refugees and how it played out with Germans.

Take a look at Sweden too and their refugee crisis which was caused by progressivism. Lol. If Canada starts taking in "too many" migrants (refugees especially) without adequate plans just because they don't want to discriminate or be racist, people will vote your Zaddy Trudeau out of leadership asap. You think everyone in CA likes his style of leadership?

Canada is also very different from the USA, there were other reasons why Trump was elected.

Anyways Biden will be taking over in some days time, let's see what he can do. Still not a fan though. wink

And as for Canada casting for Nigerians, thank you for you input. I guess it wouldn't be casting soon. I like their style of selection.
Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 16, 2021
79733139:
Canada isn't taking refugees in droves, she is taking educated migrants, there is a big difference. If you attempt the refugee/asylum route it would takes years of defending your case in court and "floating" before you know your fate (permission or deportation).

I know. The guy is talking about Hungary and their sort of "anti-immigration" stance when it comes to refugees.

All I was saying is that if Canada goes full progressive and starts to accept refugees left right and center and open up all their borders, people will become angry with the government and (potentially) vote them out.

Their immigration policy right now is cool if you ask me. They're just milking other developing countries of their skilled individuals which is good for their country and the immigrants themselves so it's a win win situation. The only one loosing is the country those migrants came from - Nigeria in this case. grin

I don't know why he's comparing the immigration policies of the USA with a population of 320m+ people to Canada with a population of less than 40m people with Canada having a bigger land mass.

Canada will surely be more immigrant friendly than the US because they need more people to pay taxes and they have a more aging population than the US.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by maternal: 12:11pm On Jan 16, 2021
babakb:

I don't know why people are over emphasizing racism all the time, the UK and US spent decades accepting legal and illegal immigrants, at some point they must close their boarders, so the covert racism is justified.

The Black entitlement mentality is just out of this world, the funny thing is when Nigggas shoot Nigggas we keep quiet but when whites shoot Nigggas the whole world shouts racism...

The wealth you see today was built off the backs of our black ancestors. Countries like the UK, America, etc became wealthy off stealing human capital from Africa, and Africa's resources till this day. The typical white American is an immigrant themselves, who's not liked by the native American. He has no legal rights to be there, talk less saying who should come in or not. Lastly whites have been killing each other for hundreds of years. World wars, Canada vs USA, UK vs France, etc. Nobody says much. But when an Arab Muslim kills a white the whole world shouts terrorism. What's your point ?

8 Likes

Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by maternal: 12:16pm On Jan 16, 2021
sweetmelanin:

White people in Canada don't own the land and they're equally immigrants. They're just a few generations in. Also white people here are soft. They'd never run up to a Nigerian and physically try to fight for example. We'd back hand them easily. At most they'll gossip behind your back like school children.

4 Likes

Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by privaldo: 12:27pm On Jan 16, 2021
maternal:

The wealth you see today was built off the backs of our black ancestors. Countries like the UK, America, etc became wealthy off stealing human capital from Africa, and Africa's resources till this day. The typical white American is an immigrant themselves, who's not liked by the native American. He has no legal rights to be there, talk less saying who should come in or not. Lastly whites have been killing each other for hundreds of years. [World]World wars, Canada vs USA, UK vs France, etc. Nobody says much. But when an Arab Muslim kills a white the whole world shouts terrorism.[/b] What's your point ?

There is a difference between a war and a terrorist attack.
Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by 79733139(m): 1:00pm On Jan 16, 2021
Correct... cheers man!

Activist001:

I know. The guy is talking about Hungary and their sort of "anti-immigration" stance when it comes to refugees.

All I was saying is that if Canada goes full progressive and starts to accept refugees left right and center and open up all their borders, people will become angry with the government and (potentially) vote them out.

Their immigration policy right now is cool if you ask me. They're just milking other developing countries of their skilled individuals which is good for their country and the immigrants themselves so it's a win win situation. grin

I don't know why he's comparing the immigration policies of the USA with a population of 320m+ people to Canada with a population of less than 40m people with Canada having a bigger land mass.

Canada will surely be more immigrant friendly than the US because they need more people to pay taxes and they have a more aging population than the US.
Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by Davidganna10: 1:49pm On Jan 16, 2021
I don't think so.

Canada has an aged and retired populace, so the need young, intelligent and vibrant persons to earn and fill up their tax cofers.

You have to note, the target here are not the people migrating, but their offsprings. That is why the older you get, the difficult it becomes to migrate. Because the older you get, the less likely to bore.

So, I envisage the EE being around for the next 20years or more.

5 Likes

Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by optimusprime2(m): 1:57pm On Jan 16, 2021
Only the best of Nigerians are absorbed into the express entry pool. I.e "The young bright ones".

Only intelligent Nigerians are given admissions into Canadian universities. "The innovative and brilliant ones"

As for visit visa's and Canadian TRV's, most people know Canada doesn't give it to every regular Nigerian Joe, and of course seeking Asylum in Canada or converting a visit visa is almost impossible.

So if Nigerians are moving there en masse, then you can be very sure that the best are moving en masse... there's no cap on taking the best of the best.

Actually Nigeria should feel bad that slowly and steadily, the best are drifting out ...

6 Likes

Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 16, 2021
optimusprime2:
Only the best of Nigerians are absorbed into the express entry pool. I.e "The young bright ones".

Only intelligent Nigerians are given admissions into Canadian universities. "The innovative and brilliant ones"

As for visit visa's and Canadian TRV's, most people know Canada doesn't give it to every regular Nigerian Joe.

So if Nigerians are moving there en masse, then you can be very sure that the best are moving en masse... there's no cap on taking the best of the best.

Actually Nigeria should feel bad that slowly and steadily, the best are drifting out ...
These are my thoughts too! Africa is loosing so many skilled individuals everyday because of our shitty leaders. It's sad. sad

5 Likes

Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by ednut1(m): 3:15pm On Jan 16, 2021
Activist001:

These are my thoughts too! Africa is loosing so many skilled individuals everyday because of our shitty leaders. It's sad. sad
there is high unemployment. Only few people are able to leave. As they are leaving other get opportunities to replace them. African is going to likely kill your talent anyways. So where is the loss

4 Likes

Re: Will Canada "Cast" For Nigerians Soon? by salford1: 3:34pm On Jan 16, 2021
sweetmelanin:

It seems like the reply was meant for a different post instead of mine.

Gladly. I lived in the UK for a couple of years before I moved to Canada. I had a university education in the UK; hence, the name Salford..

Anyway, where in my post did I mention that racism doesn't exist in Canada ? I said we detest racism, discrimination, Trump's style of politics e.t.c, atleast the majority of people here detest such.

Unlike the UK, Canada is a country of migrants meaning the majority of whites here are recent immigrants themselves. Within 2 years, I lost count of the amount of time I was told to go back to where I came from when I lived in the UK. Almost a decade here in Canada now and not one single incident.

Telling me not to get comfortable. GTFOH grin
Actually, I am getting very comfortable and even getting more comfortable as the day goes by. You can't really understand. I doubt if you have ever lived in Canada, so I will pardon your ignorance
. wink

My only regret is that I discovered Canada later. I should have moved here for studies instead of going to the UK, but all my siblings live in London, England, so it was natural that I leaned towards UK before I thought of Canada. However, I have caught up with my peers here and doing great.

Cheers!

Ps: Canada has always accepted immigrants, mostly from Europe, Asia and Africa. People just do not fancy that it is an extremely cold country. I have met Nigerians that have been here since the 1990s. Heck, a Nigerian graduated from the University of Saskatchewan Pharmacy program in the 1950s. The skilled program has been around for over 3 decades. It just recently became popular due to social media and affordable internet.

As per Brexit, Brexit was more of shutting out fellow European nationals. Especially those from Eastern Europe being governed by anti immigrant and dictators like Viktor Orban of Hungary and a few others that of turned those countries to latrine pits of Europe.. I can't find any similarities between migrating to Canada and Brexit.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are You From Ilesa (Ilesha)? / I Want To Change My Nationality / Going To Nigeria For The First Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.