Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? (17417 Views)

Will My Single Letter Middle Name Affect Me? / Does Someone Need A Court Judgement To Dissolve Their Marriage? / Can A Person's Name Affect His/her Personality? See Correct Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by 99thEnemy(m): 3:26pm On Jan 16, 2021
brandsoncharlie:

I am talking about the post from Wikipedia.
Here.
For your information Wikipedia isn't a reliable source, can be distorted, mischievous, lacks credibility for any source of information.

It was all a Joke, the dude I am teasing does not want anything to do with Nigerian girls but he talked about Yemisi which is a Yoruba girl and I decided to be sarcastic and that followed. I wasn't using it as fact or so
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by descarado: 3:30pm On Jan 16, 2021
Nope.

Don't believe these shit.
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by 99thEnemy(m): 3:43pm On Jan 16, 2021
Denique:

You suddenly need us now that you are in trouble cheesy
Kriss' head is strong...sheybi you wanted us to fight on this thread? tongue

Deal with your wahala, biko cheesy

Denique... Ìyà tí mo jẹ ní Nairaland grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Kriss216: 3:47pm On Jan 16, 2021
Denique:

You suddenly need us now that you are in trouble cheesy Kriss' head is strong...sheybi you wanted us to fight on this thread? tongue
Deal with your wahala, biko cheesy
Don’t mind him.
Abeg come let’s go chill one side. He should face his challenges alone. Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by 99thEnemy(m): 4:08pm On Jan 16, 2021
Kriss216:

Don’t mind him.

Abeg come let’s go chill one side. He should face his challenges alone. Lol

You want Denique to start singing this love song below very soon abi?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCrho1Ix5KM

Denique forget him joor. If Onions didn't workout, I'm sure Yam will grin grin
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Kriss216: 4:12pm On Jan 16, 2021
99thEnemy:

You want Denique to start singing this love song below very soon abi?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCrho1Ix5KM

Denique forget him joor. If Onions didn't workout, I'm sure Yam will grin grin
Denique has phobia for Yam.

Benz or nothing. That’s what she said.
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Denique(f): 4:20pm On Jan 16, 2021
99thEnemy:

De.nique... Ìyà tí mo jẹ ní Nairaland grin

Ko sé só cheesy Pele my dear dia grin

Good news is, Tiger Gen Rope doesn't last...they will soon stop. Just hang in there.
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Denique(f): 4:23pm On Jan 16, 2021
Kriss216:

De.nique has phobia for Yam.

Thanks baby. 99thenemy, you heard Kriss o, deal with your wahala threads alone tongue

cheesy
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Coinbased: 4:24pm On Jan 16, 2021
how
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by 99thEnemy(m): 4:32pm On Jan 16, 2021
Kriss216:

Denique has phobia for Yam.

We will start with 50,000 large tubers of YAM.

check it out grin grin grin grin
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Buffalo2(m): 4:34pm On Jan 16, 2021
To a certain extent, YES
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by MrNipplesLover(m): 4:37pm On Jan 16, 2021
My real name or moniker name?

undecided
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Denique(f): 4:38pm On Jan 16, 2021
99thEnemy:

We will start with 50,000 large tubers of YAM.

check it out grin grin grin grin

Ehen?! Um, Kriss216, I didn't exactly say Benz or nothing. I meant Benz and/or other stuff toppings.

I have been seeing crops in my dreams...could this be it?! Hmmm...
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 16, 2021
Your name can affect you spiritually, that is why God changed Abram to Abraham, Jacob to Israel.
Same way Jabez name affected him till he cried out to God.
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by sweetjohn(m): 4:52pm On Jan 16, 2021
plantist:

Tribalism has really eaten a better part of you.
Are you stupid or idiot? where is tribalism in my post? I just narrated what I experienced while invigilating an examination. You lack absolute comprehension
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Bimpe29: 5:22pm On Jan 16, 2021
Reason why having a name with virtue and goodness is spiritually encouraged.
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Ashirioluwa: 5:43pm On Jan 16, 2021
Nigerian mentality............. name is nothing but a means of identification. Don’t allow anyone to fool you concerning this.

I don’t know why all these strange believes are only in Nigeria or Africa. This is reason we are backwards in everything except bad government, crime and voodoo.

Reason pastor/Alfa fooling their followers.

Nothing happened to westerners when they bear all these name like Bush, Stone, Gay, Tree but here in my society this is a different thing
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Ashirioluwa: 5:51pm On Jan 16, 2021
Nuttella:
Your name can affect you spiritually, that is why God changed Abram to Abraham, Jacob to Israel.
Same way Jabez name affected him till he cried out to God.

But people are still using those names- Jacob, Abram
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 16, 2021
Ashirioluwa:

But people are still using those names- Jacob, Abram
They are not the Jacob of the bible. God changed Jacob's name to Israel because he wanted to change his destiny.
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by plantist: 5:56pm On Jan 16, 2021
sweetjohn:
Are you stupid or idiot? where is tribalism in my post? I just narrated what I experienced while invigilating an examination. You lack absolute comprehension

Male idiot from the universe of monkeys. What does Afonja
Muslim connote? I guess it is a title given to your ancestors, silly goat.
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by IgboWarlord(m): 6:33pm On Jan 16, 2021
I had an ex,Isioma.From one of those igboid tribes in delta state..Her head game was between C.Ronaldo and Peter Crouch... grin
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by banmee(m): 6:48pm On Jan 16, 2021
LordReed:

Why would I name a child an insult? What would be the point of that? Names are an identifier that has mostly sentimental value. Mumu has no sentimental value to me. People change their name all the time and it doesn't change who they are so why think a name has an effect?

You said what you name a child does not affect anything.
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by sweetjohn(m): 6:54pm On Jan 16, 2021
plantist:

Male idiot from the universe of monkeys. What does Afonja
Muslim connote? I guess it is a title given to your ancestors, silly goat.
He Is Afonja Muslim and not Aboki Muslim. When as Afonja Muslim become tribalism? pls, get out of my face jare
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by 99thEnemy(m): 8:07pm On Jan 16, 2021
Denique:

Ko sé só cheesy Pele my dear dia grin

Good news is, Tiger Gen Rope doesn't last...they will soon stop. Just hang in there.

grin
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by LordReed(m): 8:53pm On Jan 16, 2021
banmee:

You said what you name a child does not affect anything.

Affect anything as in destiny or such superstition, not affect as in be a nuisance. If someone names their child Bleep You it shows the person just wants to be a nuisance.

1 Like

Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by festusforchrist: 9:08pm On Jan 16, 2021
Yes...... your name can either affect you negatively or attract something good like favour to you.
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by JJOF(m): 9:16pm On Jan 16, 2021
I do believe that names have little or no effect on destiny. There are many Johns, Peters, Israels, Marys(although this name has a "bad" meaning), Josephs, Emmanuels, etc, who engage in disastrous activities, that negate the meaning of their names. I read a comment of a lady here who said that she feels she's a singer because her name is Praise. What of the many Praise out there that don't know what key is in music, not to talk of being able to sing on one? A lot of things shapes a man's destiny, but names, have little or nothing to do.
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by JJOF(m): 9:16pm On Jan 16, 2021
cool
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by banmee(m): 9:22pm On Jan 16, 2021
LordReed:

Affect anything as in destiny or such superstition, not affect as in be a nuisance. If someone names their child Bleep You it shows the person just wants to be a nuisance.

I'm only responding to your opinion where you said what you name your child does not matter

quote author=LordReed post=98119386]No it does not. I am sure there are or have been criminals called Jesus or Mohammed or Nelson or Mahatma.[/quote]
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Chris2863(m): 10:00pm On Jan 16, 2021
Fidelismaria:
Horse shit!!

If name affects one then I should be swimming in money na.
Maybe you are destined to be poor kpatakpata grin grin grin
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 11:03pm On Jan 16, 2021
Starke:
Imo
Yea
A lot of people called Joshua tend to be well liked and intelligent.
People called Chioma or Ifeoma tend to be gentle or soft spoken.
People called David seem to be coordinated
People called Jennifer tend to be sexual freaks.
People called Chinedu tend to be social and stubborn.
People called Joseph are randomly behaved. No particular tendency.
People called Precious tend to be easily influenced.
A lot more I cannot recall.
So yea. I think name has a subtle effect.

People called Chibuike are mostly stubborn
E.g Me
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Nobody: 6:42am On Jan 17, 2021
DIVINEEVIDENCE:
Men called Ephraim are never straightforward in their dealings.

Girls called Blessing usually have large mammary glands, there are always very few exceptions.

Boys called Emmanuel are usually intelligent or with remarkable personality.

Check out these few instances and you'll see a thread of connection running through.

They may not mean much, but you find these traits in the majority when you take a sample.

It doesn't mean other people with other names won't have these traits, but when you take a large sample of people bearing these names, you'll be shocked at the results you get.

Ever found someone naming their child Satan, Devil, Jezebel, Delilah.
Why?

Names are spiritual, they mean much.
What of those named John?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Girl Kills Her 4-day-Old Son For Prostitution In Katsina / Are Men Really Polygamous? / Anambra Man Who Was Found Wandering Finally Rescued By Relative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.