Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,467 members, 7,808,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal (69349 Views)

Onyeka Onwenu Celebrates Her 69th Birthday (throwback & Recent Photos) / Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) / Pete Edochie, Onyeka Onwenu, Genevieve Nnaji And Phyno Share Cute Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by iezeiyida(m): 8:03pm On Jan 16, 2021
Well, not every lady or woman would accept marrying Ned Nwoko type of man no matter how rich and great he is. But, this is only your own side of the story, unfortunately
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by mightyhazel: 8:04pm On Jan 16, 2021
Dementia is setting in for her..

Dont see any other explanation for this yak
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by Heavensent01(m): 8:05pm On Jan 16, 2021
igbo women been falling for Yoruba men for decades

3 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by IME1: 8:06pm On Jan 16, 2021
Guestlander:

Why are some of you so hateful? I sometimes don't understand where the hostility in many of you comes from. I am pretty sure you have some old people in your family.

I logged in just to like your post.
You spoke the mind of many sane people.
Some comments here on Nl reek of deep seated issues the commentators need to address about their lives, psychic, psychology and mental health.

Some are so bitter.
Extending their bitterness, poor social skills and upbringing (not necessarily home training cause some parents are really trying their best and making attempts to teach ethics, courtesy, sound mindedness and love) to people who don't know them, never will or care to.

Back to the thread-

Onyeka Onwenu made a good decision.
Those women who eyed her were also eyed when they too were entering the harem.
I guess this Fela's pant issue encouraged sagging (not necessarily the US prison uniform with no belt story)
Also his smoking pride instituted smoking and illicit drugs among entertainers and media people.
You see in the sports industry if not for testing, that part of the entertainment world would also have been wrecked by drugs, smoking and all.

Say no to nudity- male and female, Fela's lyrics might have spoken to power but his lifestyle, rebellion and family structure was appalling and should never be excused or put aside. You can't really separate a man from his lifestyle.
If Fela spoke against the institution of corruption in IBB's regime and evils of other governments he too had a case to answer in his own home, household abi harem.
He who goes to equity must go with clean hands.
Charity begins at home.
Remove the speck in your eyes before removing the log in ITT's eye.

Your house cannot be dirty and you complain of dirty gutters in Ketu.
You can't have small potholes in your own compound and complain of what the Federal government is doing.
You can't be sleeping with underage girls and spit against rape. That sleeping is statutory rape whether the 17 or 15 year old girl consented or took your money or even asked for it undecided

Too much stuff

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by happney65: 8:09pm On Jan 16, 2021
robosky02:
It would have been a straight YES if....

Emmm wait for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZXLH29oFL0

Rumours had it then sunny was banging onyeka back to back..We dont know how true it was
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by IME1: 8:16pm On Jan 16, 2021
That 2 people sang a song together or the song was a love song doesn't mean they had a fling behind the scenes.
Same with acting.

It's a terrible culture to abuse the personalities of entertainers because the industry is partly corrupt and immoral.

It is a bad stereotype.

Just like bad stereotypes against doctors, market women, danfo drivers, northern traders, accountants or teachers.

The same stereotype against tribe and religion.

Please stop this.
Onyeka Onwenu is a human being, a mother and a Nigerian with her right to dignity and respect to person.

You, yes you,
You won't like if someone who saw you with your neighbour or friend's spouse and conclude something went down or is going to get down.

It's pitiable and immoral and a distorted thinking pattern

3 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by Segedi59: 8:16pm On Jan 16, 2021
www.nairaland.com/attachments/13000562_133743_png6f127bb3c63862ef3063f89870291f9c Site looks so much like nairaland. I like the fact that it gives everybody the moderator role
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by bupounds: 8:18pm On Jan 16, 2021
I hope this Story sounds Real..
I fear who nor fear WOMEN!
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by iamL(f): 8:30pm On Jan 16, 2021
Wise woman. No woman can have a stable and sane home with fela.

3 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by EMMY76: 8:42pm On Jan 16, 2021
Fela is an iresponsible hypocrite am very sure he would have been far worser than the leaders he was criticizing in his songs if he was given the chance to lead nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by 9gerian: 8:59pm On Jan 16, 2021
EOD! cheesy

descarado:

Onyeke is married to Yoruba with 2 sons.

Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by TimeManager(m): 8:59pm On Jan 16, 2021
CSTRR:

This is why I said she talks too much.

Soon one Yoruba clown will say fela slept with her even though there is no evidence they even dated.

Na una way.
But she was in a club with him, shít could have gone down the sheets. Unfortunately, Fela couldn't let us in like ffk cheesy

kiss the truth!
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by Ogediluv(f): 9:01pm On Jan 16, 2021
I just wasted my time reading nonsense. I thought it was a previous event. Just imaging since 80's.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by spiralwedge(m): 9:14pm On Jan 16, 2021
She missed out real big. What a collabo that would have been. History would have been rewritten, Afrobeat would have taken a leap. She was gonna add Yemi Alade's energy, vocal, and hardwork to afrobeat but it never was. Shame, really!
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by farem: 9:17pm On Jan 16, 2021
Tobibami22:
Resemble yemi alade

How do you say an older person resembles the younger. It is always stated the other way

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by KosiGee(m): 9:22pm On Jan 16, 2021
As Nwafo Igbo and a witness and sometimes a contributor to the tribal catastrophe thatbis Nairaland...I feel embarrassed saying and admitting this....

Fela doesn’t seem like someone who believes in the bs called marriage before sex...so

Madam Oby...Fela onyulu gi ka o na Fela anyulo gi?
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:33pm On Jan 16, 2021
ObiOfOnistha:
Are you regretting not accepting or you are happy because I don't know how this tales by moonlight make #1 = $1
She's very lucky. She for don die of hiv

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by jaysport: 9:34pm On Jan 16, 2021
Do you have a YouTube Channel and you are frustrated because you could not get subscribers and watch hours to monetize the channel ? ? ?
We are Team of Professional Digital Marketer who can help your channel get Real and Legit Thousands of subscribers and watch hour regardless of the numbers of subscribers you want within a short period of time. it will only take a maximum of 30 days...
08142883101 for Whatsapp...
pls contact me only if serious
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by imagrg(m): 9:48pm On Jan 16, 2021
Old time tales
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by chukemmang(m): 9:49pm On Jan 16, 2021
SoftP:
Thank God u did,
That Nigg was highly irresponsible.

Which grown ass Man will comfortably seat out with a sleekly pant and his manhood dangling while wrapping a puk of Marijuana if not mentally derailed.

People pappa

Forget, Fela was a very very very brilliant, brave and patriotic man. He abandoned all the goodies of England to cone back to fight for his country. How many of you coward's of today can do 1% of what this great man did?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 16, 2021
amnesty7:
Unfortunately, Fela's side of the story cannot be heard now.
Keep your fingers cross, Femi, Seun or that his daughter will have something to say about it
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by Realhommie(m): 10:00pm On Jan 16, 2021
CSTRR:

This is why I said she talks too much.

Soon one Yoruba clown will say fela slept with her even though there is no evidence they even dated.

Na una way.
Not that i agree with what the dude you mentioned is saying but you can't completely rule it out, there's a possibility it happened..

At the bolded, do you have to date ( be in a relationship) to have sex?
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by Burgerlomo: 10:04pm On Jan 16, 2021
Hezmatosky:
Old cargo lipsrsealed Tell us of sunny ade sad

Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by dododawa1: 10:28pm On Jan 16, 2021
swear say Baba no naki akpko
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by toprealman: 11:14pm On Jan 16, 2021
Buhari again!
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by FrankLampard: 11:25pm On Jan 16, 2021
Nijagogetsense:

I'm really happy for you on this fear. How are you going to celebrate it for me nah? grin grin grin

LOL. I will just sip a bottle of beer this night.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by Kayyus09(m): 12:04am On Jan 17, 2021
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by diamondy: 6:33am On Jan 17, 2021
Bros you are not ok grin grin grin

SoftP:
Thank God u did,
That Nigg was highly irresponsible.

Which grown ass Man will comfortably seat out with a sleekly pant and his manhood dangling while wrapping a puk of Marijuana if not mentally derailed.

People pappa
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by Princeofasia: 6:34am On Jan 17, 2021
this olosho thng no start now o. even this one was an olosho but the word olosho no dey that time. mtcheeew
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by Chirowman(m): 6:43am On Jan 17, 2021
Disaster
Re: Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal by victorDanladi: 7:05am On Jan 17, 2021
ObiOfOnistha:
Are you regretting not accepting or you are happy because I don't know how this tales by moonlight make #1 = $1
The topic is not about #1=$1.

Is someone blind or just choose to be an Idiot

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wunmi Obe: Cossy Orjiakor Sat Beside My Husband, Tunde Obe With Her Boobs-Baring / Mike Ezuruonye, Nkem Owoh & Zoro Drinking Beer In Public Bar. PICS / Liz Benson And Her Husband, Bishop Great Ameye In New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.