Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person (51024 Views)

Marriage : Define A Wrong Person? / Something Happened Today That Made Me Think About Our Kids! / I Married Into The Wrong Family.. (true Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by DEmejioba1: 2:53pm On Jan 16, 2021
I got married in 2018,since then I have been battling with some unimaginable experiences with my wife even when I thought I married to a religious lady.

To cut the story short,

Prior to our marriage, things was not so good enough for me but because of age consideration of both of us we decided to wed with the help of our families.

The first thing that happened which caught me thinking afterward was that during our make up to wedding,my wife insisted that she's receiving 50k dowry which she knew I wouldn't be able to get it just shortly before the wedding. I told her that there is no way I could afford it then that she should reduce it may be to 20k, she said I should not worry that things will be sorted out. A day to the wedding she told me that when it's segment for dowry collection that she would pronounce that she had collected it. I said no problem. Since then I have not been able to pay it because she wants full cash. Now, any slide misunderstanding she refers to it.

Secondly, immediately after the marriage,I was left with 60k which I thought we would manage to get a room and a parlour apartment for a start, just to do according to my pocket in my present rent house. But my wife insisted that we should let 2 bedroom flat at 100k but knowing fully that my source of income would not maintain it couple with other obligations that I would be discharging. She said, she would lend me 40k.
Thank God I was able to pay her the money. But still thinking over wasteful of almost 50k,while 150k can secure a land for bulding house in my area.

Thirdly, few months after our marriage. We were having misunderstanding and I carelessly said if the marriage can not work it better we go our separate ways, my wife holds on this statement and continue saying that she just need me to say it twice more and the marriage is over.

But I used to think over all these with other ones that I cant write, then, I ask myself if truly she loves me or may be am with wrong person.

What is your thought about this?

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by malcom1X: 12:19pm On Jan 20, 2021
Guy be a man.
Don't ever borrow money from your wife to do anything. If you don't have tell her you don't have. That her money should be spent on her children.

Pay her dowry, don't owe her, it's her money. She saved you from embarrassment.

583 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by Julietfashola: 10:11am On Jan 22, 2021
cry

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 22, 2021
Oga,
I bet my January salary, your wife is from Imo State...

154 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by Trueigbo: 10:12am On Jan 22, 2021
Ekechiri gi Anya mgbe gi na ya na ayi

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by PussyKing(m): 10:12am On Jan 22, 2021
Try and pay her everything you borrowed and your owing her.

Women are extremely stingy with their money, they feel it is the duty of the man to shoulder everything.

Don't. Borrow money from her. If you don't have let it be you don't have and if she's bringing let it be on her own wish not because she is borrowing you

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by slawormiir: 10:12am On Jan 22, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright.....
See threat ....
Fear nor let the op talk am the second time again....
Bros op don't know what he has put his hand into.....
And children never start to dey come now..
If God want fuckkk you up the more now he go first give una triplet at once...

You think marriage na child's play...all those them bros don jazzy way never one hurry enter you think say them nor know wetin them dey do

But bros op ...where them for dey sell land 150k ...
Make I come buy like 20

279 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by Xisnin(m): 10:13am On Jan 22, 2021
You are the wrong person!
You couldn't take care of yourself while single but you thought it wise to engage in a
family-sponsored marriage.
Did your family also promise to help you run your marriage financially?

Your wife didn't force you to do anything, you agreed to it even though you could have said no.
Forget what you see in Hollywood, love is overrated and is insufficient to run a stable marriage.

All I can see from this story is a man suffering from financial woes and trying to blame his wife for it.

One way to reduce your stress going forward is to stop accepting suggestions that you will end up regretting later on.

533 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 22, 2021
Stop borrowing money from her. She should also be supporting you financially in taking care of the house

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by rawtouch: 10:13am On Jan 22, 2021
angry

seki uku

4 Likes

Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by Makeitwell: 10:13am On Jan 22, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by BigSarah(f): 10:13am On Jan 22, 2021
No you're looking at it the wrong way, the problem is you got MARRIED.

180 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by Administration1: 10:13am On Jan 22, 2021
Guy, pay her the money (50k dowry) and when they pay you your salary, just give all to her.
Get a side hustle and make money from there, don't ever take from the salary,

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by mayskit4luv(m): 10:14am On Jan 22, 2021
Hmmm no be small thing o!

3 Likes

Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by helinues: 10:14am On Jan 22, 2021
Love is blind but na for inside marriage eyes dey open

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by Cti28(m): 10:14am On Jan 22, 2021
As a man, make sure your pocket is well loaded, before thinking of settling down, to avoid the case above.

112 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by BuhariIsSatanic: 10:14am On Jan 22, 2021
helinues:
Ok

Omo, this country is really hard.
My advise is that you keep quiet more. Women are moved by what they see and make sure you pay back that dowry to either her or her parent.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by mariahAngel(f): 10:14am On Jan 22, 2021
You both will be fine.
It's just a matter patience, understanding, and tolerance.
Everything ga hashi, unu ga di ok.

Life is not hard. Life is simple.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 22, 2021
Terrible story with shocking innuendos and mundane malapropism

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by pman06(m): 10:14am On Jan 22, 2021
BadRadio:
Terrible story with shocking innuendos and mundane malapropism
Hmm

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by Angy55(f): 10:15am On Jan 22, 2021
Don't rush into marriage until you are financially stable some of you won't listen.

Guy you need to go and follow Reno Omokri on Facebook, maybe you will have some sense.

My mates are getting married, time is not on my side bla bla. At the end of the day you end up regretting.

I need to have kids bla bla. At the end of the day you pressurize yourself into what you can't come out from.

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 22, 2021
God will help you. commit it to God in prayers. he can do all things miraculously. nevertheless learn to control your temper. patience and endurance is key till thing are sorted out and they turn out to be better.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by Robnectar(m): 10:15am On Jan 22, 2021
hmmmmmm
Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by gbengaoyeladun(m): 10:15am On Jan 22, 2021
May we not get marry to a wrong partner

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by Avast(m): 10:15am On Jan 22, 2021
DEmejioba1:
I got married in 2018,since then I have been battling with some unimaginable experiences with my wife even when I thought I married to a religious lady.

To cut the story short,

Prior to our marriage, things was not so good enough for me but because of age consideration of both of us we decided to wed with the help of our families.

The first thing that happened which caught me thinking afterward was that during our make up to wedding,my wife insisted that she's receiving 50k dowry which she knew I wouldn't be able to get it just shortly before the wedding. I told her that there is no way I could afford it then that she should reduce it may be to 20k, she said I should not worry that things will be sorted out. A day to the wedding she told me that when it's segment for dowry collection that she would pronounce that she had collected it. I said no problem. Since then I have not been able to pay it because she wants full cash. Now, any slide misunderstanding she refers to it.

Secondly, immediately after the marriage,I was left with 60k which I thought we would manage to get a room and a parlour apartment for a start, just to do according to my pocket in my present rent house. But my wife insisted that we should let 2 bedroom flat at 100k but knowing fully that my source of income would not maintain it couple with other obligations that I would be discharging. She said, she would lend me 40k.
Thank God I was able to pay her the money. But still thinking over wasteful of almost 50k,while 150k can secure a land for bulding house in my area.

Thirdly, few months after our marriage. We were having misunderstanding and I carelessly said if the marriage can not work it better we go our separate ways, my wife holds on this statement and continue saying that she just need me to say it twice more and the marriage is over.

But I used to think over all these with other ones that I cant write, then, I ask myself if truly she loves me or may be am with wrong person.

RisenPhoenix1

3 Likes

Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by JohnnyPalmer: 10:15am On Jan 22, 2021
Na money dey end nonsense

17 Likes

Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by inforesource: 10:15am On Jan 22, 2021
Bros, your foundation is faulty. Try to amend it as quickly as possible. You are not talking as a man. How old are you? Talking like a man here does not mean to shout down the woman. I mean be a man. Know where you want to take your family to. Know and master your financial strategies. Be bold on decision making. When woman do not see these qualities in a man, bros, sorry pass your name. I do not care how you start, but where you are going, you must be clear about it.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person by Bennysam: 10:15am On Jan 22, 2021
DEmejioba1:

To cut the story short,

She do not marry you because of love but because she’s aged and she doesn’t have another choice, you’re only option available

48 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

37-Year-Old Ugandan Woman Gives Birth To 38 Children Since Age 13 (Photos) / When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) / How Do I Apologize To My Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.