Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Amotekun Killed My Cousin, Shot Five Others In Our Family House –eyewitness - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Amotekun Killed My Cousin, Shot Five Others In Our Family House –eyewitness (404 Views)

How Soldiers Stormed Ladipo Market & Killed People - Eyewitness Narrates (Video) / Sanwo-Olu Family House On Fire. His Mother Lives There (Video) / Goat Dies After Taking A Poisoned Pap Meant For Our Family - Man Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amotekun Killed My Cousin, Shot Five Others In Our Family House –eyewitness by Tobrasky: 3:01pm On Jan 16, 2021
Amotekun killed my cousin, shot five others in our family house –Eyewitness

Qudus Odugbemi tells OLUFEMI OLANIYI in this interview how his cousin, Rasaq Odugbemi, who sat in front of his family house, was allegedly shot dead by Amotekun corps attempting to disperse Tapa youths during a carnival
What is your name and who is Rasaq Odugbemi to you?

My name is Qudus Odugbemi. (The late) Rasaq is my cousin.

How old was Rasaq and what was his occupation?
He was 20 years old. He had completed his secondary school education and had applied to a higher institution; I think the polytechnic in Abeokuta. He was supposed to sit the entrance exam into the institution on Monday, January 11 but he was killed by Amotekun just few days to that.

How was he killed?

We were all at our family house in Tapa that fateful night. We all normally go there because that is where we grew up. We would leave the place around 9pm for our various houses.
On that day, at around 6pm, I saw some youths preparing for a street carnival. I knew that there was not supposed to be any carnival this period because of the security situation in the state and especially in our area (Ibarapa). I called the DJ and asked him what was going on. He told me that they had the permission of the government to hold the carnival till 9:30pm. I am not sure of his claim but I told them that they must leave latest by the time he said they were given.

Around 9pm, I left my cousin at the family house and I decided to go to my house. He was sitting down at our family house. As I was going I met the Amotekun corps coming towards the venue of the carnival. They drove recklessly into the midst of the youths at the venue of the carnival and this approach infuriated the people there. You know everybody cannot reason the same way, some of the youths started challenging the Amotekun corps and asking, ‘Do you want to kill us? Do you want to crush us with your vehicle?’ Many of them (youths) were drunk anyway. They said the time was 9pm and they had the permission to stay there till 9:30pm. This resulted in a heated argument and one of the Amotekun personnel brought out his gun and threatened that the youths would be shot. The youths became more angry and started saying, “Are we animals? Shoot us now.” That was how one of the Amotekun corps shot at the crowd and about eight persons fell to the ground. They were shot on the legs and they were injured.

How many people died from the incident?

Five persons were shot and injured in front of our house alone. When they saw what happened, the angry youths started throwing more stones at the Amotekun personnel. That was when one of the Amotekun men pointed his gun towards our family house and fired gunshots in that direction. Five persons in front of our family house were hit by bullets. My cousin, Rasaq, was hit on the chest and he fell down. There was also a lady, Aishat Odugbemi, who was hit under her breast; another lady, Faida, I don’t know her surname, was hit on the leg. A bullet hit one old man on the leg as well. In all, five persons were hit in front of our family house.

READ MORE AT:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://punchng.com/amotekun-killed-my-cousin-shot-five-others-in-our-family-house-eyewitness/%3Famp%3D1&ved=0ahUKEwjQ4J_dzqDuAhWnJDQIHRfqDMAQyM8BCEwwBQ&usg=AOvVaw2lkaF_q744QKLwCJq6ycrZ&ampcf=1
Re: Amotekun Killed My Cousin, Shot Five Others In Our Family House –eyewitness by Kaduna1stson: 3:02pm On Jan 16, 2021
The best bet is for yorubas to start making arrangements to form their own new oduduwa Republic.

Because they will always be sabotaged by northerners who will be sponsoring these types of propaganda writings to frustrate Amotekun and keep the south west in the dangers of insecurity.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Killed My Cousin, Shot Five Others In Our Family House –eyewitness by CodeTemplar: 3:11pm On Jan 16, 2021
I started having doubts about state police after I saw how CSP Nwafor of Anambra's Akwuzu wrecked havoc on fellow tribesmen.
Are we ripe for state police with all these killings? I doubt.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun Killed My Cousin, Shot Five Others In Our Family House –eyewitness by yanabasee1(m): 3:12pm On Jan 16, 2021
Amotekun will definitely go down with time....

But unless the authority re-regulate their forms and rehabilitate it's standard...And look into their recruiting requirements..... Some of its officers might just be there to twart the outfit of it's good deed..

They've done lots of good, especially in the area of protecting the West from hoodlums and bandits and herders....

Anyway..... The officers involved should be punished and meant to face the law so we could move pass this news which is affecting their reputation....
Re: Amotekun Killed My Cousin, Shot Five Others In Our Family House –eyewitness by Kaduna1stson: 3:14pm On Jan 16, 2021
CodeTemplar:
I started having doubts about state police after I saw how CSP Nwafor of Anambra's Akwuzu decked havock on fellow tribesmen.
Are we ripe for state police with all these killings.

See my northern brothers coming in to support the federal police which are much worse.
Re: Amotekun Killed My Cousin, Shot Five Others In Our Family House –eyewitness by yanabasee1(m): 3:14pm On Jan 16, 2021
CodeTemplar:
I started having doubts about state police after I saw how CSP Nwafor of Anambra's Akwuzu decked havock on fellow tribesmen.
Are we ripe for state police with all these killings.

Yes!

Every start ups, always have its ups and downs...But with proper regulations and revamping, they get better over time....

It's better to start and keep it moving until we get it right...

Nobody is perfect and no business is perfect..... Na management we de for this country...
Re: Amotekun Killed My Cousin, Shot Five Others In Our Family House –eyewitness by Kaduna1stson: 3:15pm On Jan 16, 2021
yanabasee1:
Amotekun will definitely go down with time....

But unless the authority re-regulate their forms and rehabilitate it's standard...And look into their recruiting requirements..... Some of its officers might just be there to twart the outfit of it's good deed..

They've done lots of good, especially in the area of protecting the West from hoodlums and bandits and herders....

Anyway..... The officers involved should be punished and meant to face the law so we could move pass this news which is affecting their reputation....

Do you think that some members of Miyetti have enrolled into Amotekun and killing the security outfit from the inside?
Re: Amotekun Killed My Cousin, Shot Five Others In Our Family House –eyewitness by Tranquillity360: 3:15pm On Jan 16, 2021
Amotekun terrorist
Re: Amotekun Killed My Cousin, Shot Five Others In Our Family House –eyewitness by onward4life(m): 3:20pm On Jan 16, 2021
yanabasee1:

Yes!

Every start ups, always have its ups and downs...But with proper regulations and revamping, they get better over time....

It's better to start and keep it moving until we get it right...

Nobody is perfect and no business is perfect..... Na management we de for this country...

Yes!

But not at the expense of person pikin life..

They can start their up an down

By misplacing their phones and their vehicle...
Re: Amotekun Killed My Cousin, Shot Five Others In Our Family House –eyewitness by yanabasee1(m): 3:24pm On Jan 16, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

Do you think that some members of Miyetti have enrolled into Amotekun and killing the security outfit from the inside?

I wouldn't say....

But, they could employ some yorubas to sabotage the outfit.... People can betray when handed good sum of money...

But I am positive that it's a wrong recruitment that will eventually destroy the outfit...
Re: Amotekun Killed My Cousin, Shot Five Others In Our Family House –eyewitness by yanabasee1(m): 3:29pm On Jan 16, 2021
onward4life:

Yes!

But not at the expense of person pikin life..

They can start their up an down

By misplacing their phones and their vehicle...

Well, before the whites will come out with vaccines and medicines and dosage that we get to consume today, lots of human must have died taking overdose or misused the drugs ...

For Surgeons to tell you that they can treat brain damaged patients today, the early brain surgeon had killed many people to come up with a careful experiment.

Although, in Nigeria, we do not learn from our mistakes....If we do, our police force would've been the best in the world today...But they're steal using ancient methods of investigation, by beating suspects to pulp and threatening then to agree on a crime they've never committed...

(1) (Reply)

Niger Students Abduction: Again, Sheikh Gumi Meets With Bandits In The Forest. / 53 -year Old Man Caught And Arrested For Deflowering His 10 Yrs Old Daughter / Unbelievable! Battered Victim Shares Terrible Story Of How She Was Abducted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.