Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,174 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:29 AM

Save A Life. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Save A Life. (213 Views)

Graphic pic, please nairalanders please help save a dying aunty from cancer pls / I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul / PLEASE SAVE A LIFE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Save A Life. by OgeAgbo: 8:55pm On Jan 16, 2021
These days, when people complain about their issues and problems, we all see it as just cruise and fail to check on that person.

People use their status and timelines to communicate their emotions and feelings because some of them have no idea who to actually trust or like in my case, do not want to bother anybody with their problems as everyone has theirs.

Tonight, it hit me really hard when I saw a friend post about how she needed money. She also dropped her account details on her status but of course, people saw it as cruise. Sadly, menogetshisi.

When I was struggling with suicidal thoughts, I bottled everything up because I didn't want to bother anybody. I could have died and people would go about talking about how suicide isn't an option but what have you done to help a broken person?

Sometimes, people do not need your money. Your kind words and show of affection mean a lot to people. A lot more than you know.

Everyone has problems, each person's lesser than the others. But what if we all come together as humans and offer the little bit we have to save someone?

A person posts about needing therapy and calls it cruise. Another complains about being broke but calls it cruise. You see such things and ignore because the person tagged it cruise.

People hide under the word "cruise" these days to hide so much. Even if it bears the tag "cruise", ask questions.

You don't want to live in guilt knowing you could have saved a life in your own little way.

Do your bit and help save humanity.
Re: Save A Life. by Remify(f): 9:19pm On Jan 16, 2021
True. I agree
Re: Save A Life. by Molahnelson(m): 11:13pm On Jan 16, 2021
I see you saying the truth in your endeavour

I see you having the heart of willingness to help but not buoyant to do it

I see people claiming to be in need but they're just looking for who to scam

I see people helping people genuinely but not knowing they are being scam

I see people changing their mind not to help people because of scam

I see people helping people but get into problem for doing it

He who have ear let him hear what the spirit is saying
Re: Save A Life. by Nobody: 1:16am On Jan 17, 2021
It is good that you decided not to bother anyone with your financial need. Please keep that up. Nigeria is a country filled with just too many scammers, and no one feels any sense of guilt each time one comes across strangers randomly asking for money .

Please get close to your own family unit and live within your means and that of your family. Like you have so rightly figured out, EVERYONE has his/her problems and it is a selfish attitude to be asking strangers to suspend their own needs and carry yours.

More importantly, it isn't the duty of strangers to meet your financial needs, but the duty of the government to provide an environment where everyone like you can live out their potential without being burdensome to everyone else. So I am using this opportunity to exercise good sense as a Nigerian bearing the full brunt of failed political leadership...exercise good sense by refusing to sell your voting right in the coming elections. Exercise good sense by deciding to support the best candidate and not just the most popular... That is if you don't want others to experience the bad taste of being penniless...

And of course, when your needs don't involve money you can always rely on strangers to come through for you.

OgeAgbo:
These days, when people complain about their issues and problems, we all see it as just cruise and fail to check on that person.

People use their status and timelines to communicate their emotions and feelings because some of them have no idea who to actually trust or like in my case, do not want to bother anybody with their problems as everyone has theirs.

Tonight, it hit me really hard when I saw a friend post about how she needed money. She also dropped her account details on her status but of course, people saw it as cruise. Sadly, menogetshisi.

When I was struggling with suicidal thoughts, I bottled everything up because I didn't want to bother anybody. I could have died and people would go about talking about how suicide isn't an option but what have you done to help a broken person?

Sometimes, people do not need your money. Your kind words and show of affection mean a lot to people. A lot more than you know.

Everyone has problems, each person's lesser than the others. But what if we all come together as humans and offer the little bit we have to save someone?

A person posts about needing therapy and calls it cruise. Another complains about being broke but calls it cruise. You see such things and ignore because the person tagged it cruise.

People hide under the word "cruise" these days to hide so much. Even if it bears the tag "cruise", ask questions.

You don't want to live in guilt knowing you could have saved a life in your own little way.

Do your bit and help save humanity.

(1) (Reply)

The Important Furniture For Your Bedroom-5 Drawer Fabric Dresser / And Yes, That's Me! / Surprise Your Kids With Any Of Our Product At @kiddieshome On Instagram.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.