Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) (54552 Views)

Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons / These Snakes Slice Open Toads & Eat Their Organs While Prey Is Still Alive (Pix) / Olawale John Olukunle, FUTA Researchers Develop Water HYACINTH Harvester (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by zedman1(m): 9:00pm On Jan 18, 2021
Chii59:

Did African historians document what happened that year? Look at ancient China, much of their history is intact because from dynasty to dynasty, they had scribes whose job was to document Palace activity.
I'm sure African Kings were just interested in making money, and marrying more wives.
Honesty bro, I'm really shocked reading so many comments here. Are we so lost about the so many terrible events recorded in history that this one appears a 'lie' to us?Abi because this article is history intertwined with science which they fear so much? Anyway, I've noticed most Nigerians forget so fast. Perhaps our African ancestors were mostly Nigerian so they hardly kept records of those events. The ones they kept sef we don't know and don't want to know. Tell them about 2020 (which is not close to the worse in history) a few years from now and they'll probably tell you it's a lie, that nothing happened.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by Coinbased: 9:01pm On Jan 18, 2021
Oh
Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by goody2019: 9:22pm On Jan 18, 2021
Even the Nigerian Civil War was so devastating. Those who think they are presently living in a terrible era misinformed themselves. Those yearning for war should ask well.

1 Like

Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by Lilimax(f): 9:27pm On Jan 18, 2021
Kingluqman:
As we no witness am.. Dey fit lie, na dem know grin
African no dey exist that time. Na monkeys full the Bush in Africa embarassed
Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by GetMeRight: 9:30pm On Jan 18, 2021
xtocom:
I don't believe! how about living in Nigeria from 2015 till date ?

It wasn't even like many of you, wailers had any life prior 2015

1 Like

Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by Legacyy(m): 9:35pm On Jan 18, 2021
I don't berevit
Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by zedman1(m): 9:42pm On Jan 18, 2021
Lordjulius:
I believe we started from year 1.....now is year 2021..and there are so many things we don't really know as humans....I doubt if anyone living now we live up to 3021...and come 3021 those living by then will be told about covid 19 and they will doubt it...There are so many things that is hidden in this world that we don't know and can't know but the Westerners have a clue because they are researchers and they keep records....I strongly believe humans lived in the 200 or 1300....I once googled the history of marijuana and I was amazed the year I saw....
You think well too bro, but if I may correct you a little, 2021 is in the AD's, we had several years in BC's before your 'year one' o. We only started counting all over, that's where AD started, so we didn't start from your year one(AD) the way you put it o. We started long long long long looong ago before your 'year one'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by LucemFerre: 10:17pm On Jan 18, 2021
Bankz02:

STOP PREDICTING EVIL AND BAD LUCK

Who predicted, Covid, Boko haram, endars or Buhari?
Dey there dey deceive yourself

The worst is yet to come true true
Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by chatinent: 10:24pm On Jan 18, 2021
So Africa isn't a continent!
Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by gtown: 10:32pm On Jan 18, 2021
Chii59:

Did African historians document what happened that year? Look at ancient China, much of their history is intact because from dynasty to dynasty, they had scribes whose job was to document Palace activity.
I'm sure African Kings were just interested in making money, and marrying more wives.
Instead condemning them, you should at least thank those African Kings for helping in producing your grandparents by encouraging young men to marry more wives.
Besides, if no records existed because they were not kept by the African Kings as you said, how did the scientists came to know that the experience of the time was all over the world same, and thereby concluding that those years were indeed the worst in the entire human history?
Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by Jomjom056: 11:02pm On Jan 18, 2021
etibaba:
Post this ad using your main moniker.

I always get a ten years ban so I resulted to opening a new account to advertise once the previous one gets banned.You dig??
Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by Jomjom056: 11:13pm On Jan 18, 2021
Agbebakun22:

Hafa boss how much do u sell

DM me boss,mods dey ban me anyhow abeg.
Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by omojesu202(m): 11:17pm On Jan 18, 2021
xtocom:
I don't believe! how about living in Nigeria from 2015 till date ?

you're inside enjoyment but you're still complaining.
Ask your parents how they grew up, if tears no go drop from your eyes.
Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by EazyMoh(m): 11:22pm On Jan 18, 2021
Chii59:

Give me the online link to the annals of your history.
Look up the Kano chronicles.
Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by perdollar(m): 11:46pm On Jan 18, 2021
And then in 571AD a terrorist was born in mecca. Child molestation, war crime and other human right abuses were his hallmark. He promised his followers 77 virgins He even died ontop a woman after he was given rat poison
Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by emmanuelpopson(m): 11:49pm On Jan 18, 2021
If the Invaders hadn't destroyed the library of Alexander the Great in Egypt would have kept the records.. But fear may have gripped the ancient Egyptian from writing this since they had been using papyrus to record events as far back as 200BC..
Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by xtocom: 11:49pm On Jan 18, 2021
omojesu202:

you're inside enjoyment but you're still complaining.
Ask your parents how they grew up, if tears no go drop from your eyes.
which type of enjoyment bros? I want to know. abi na the insecurities, hunger, bad leader/ bad govt be enjoyment?
Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by omojesu202(m): 12:27am On Jan 19, 2021
xtocom:
which type of enjoyment bros? I want to know. abi na the insecurities, hunger, bad leader/ bad govt be enjoyment?

all the above has been there before now.
it's just that we forget quickly.
do you know how Nigeria was when someone sang Nigeria jagajaga?
Our govt bad, flog politicians.
or all those Fela songs.
Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by Lordjulius(m): 12:57am On Jan 19, 2021
zedman1:
You think well too bro, but if I may correct you a little, 2021 is in the AD's, we had several years in BC's before 'year one' o. We only started counting all over, that's where AD started, so we didn't start from year one(AD) the way you put it o. We started long long long long looong ago before 'year one'.
bro we believe what we were told....
Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by Franklydes(m): 1:25am On Jan 19, 2021
The west and Na our Research be the truth. This shit didn't affect Africa
Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by femmoy(m): 1:53am On Jan 19, 2021
coolcharm:
We you keep quiet
So a volcanic eruption caused total darkness in 3 continents for 18 months?
Which kind yeye history.com story be that

that's how you fail to learn.
Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by Kennyfancy(m): 2:49am On Jan 19, 2021
nairalander2020:
The worst is yet to come.

modified:pls dont quote me wrong,am talking about the book of revelation.
some people are getting it wrong.
for you and urself alone
Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by zedman1(m): 6:40am On Jan 19, 2021
Lordjulius:
bro we believe what we were told....
No naaw, you started well, now you want go the way you previously condemned. Alexander the great, Plato, Julius Caesar, Confucius etc were all born BEFORE CHRIST (BC). On the other hand, ANNO DOMINI (AD) which means 'year of the Lord' are events which started counting from around the birth time of Jesus to this day (2021 AD). If you don't believe any of those guys existed in the BC's even though there are documented accounts of them, you probably shouldn't believe in ALL the books of the old testament because they were events before Christ (BC). Only events told to you about Jesus, Nero, Mohammed (500 + years after Jesus), Hitler, Napoleon, Saddam, Boko Haram, etc should matter then since they all happened in the AD's which you believe was the beginning (year one) , the start of mankind? C'mon bro, this is elementary history. You wrote well, made sense, but your very first line about dating was not right.
Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by shantti(m): 7:37am On Jan 19, 2021
Chii59:

How will they document it? Africa didnt even knew what it meant to write

1 Like

Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by shantti(m): 7:38am On Jan 19, 2021
joseph1832:
Funny it didn't affect Africa. I guess the only thing that really affect Africa is bad leadership.

And too much sun
Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by shantti(m): 7:40am On Jan 19, 2021
EazyMoh:

Well maybe the kings of your tiny autonomous communities did not, but ours did!

Ur king wrote down history around 534 AD? Okay, tell us what happened then according to his writtings, and what language did he write it in
Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by shantti(m): 7:43am On Jan 19, 2021
otomatic:

How did you come to this conclusion. African historians did not record the impact of that event on their communities, so there are no African sources to incorporate into this historical research.

The way you mentioned African historian is funny as if such existed in the past
Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by sivel(m): 8:05am On Jan 19, 2021
That is it. Africans depended on oral tradition. Our knowledge was passed by word of mouth from one generation to the next. Is there any Sub Saharan African country that can give you any record of events plus 200 years ago?

shantti:

How will they document it? Africa didnt even knew what it meant to write

1 Like

Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by otomatic(m): 8:15am On Jan 19, 2021
shantti:

The way you mentioned African historian is funny as if such existed in the past

Of course, it's funny. But I believe we had historians. Just that the histories were passed down orally and through ballads and storytelling. Nothing was written down. So they are lost.

1 Like

Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by Gatsbyskoncept: 9:27am On Jan 19, 2021
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:05am On Jan 19, 2021
ibinaboonline:
These silly scientists just don't know when to keep their mouth shut, because they can't admit for once that they don't have the answer to everything.

Really, so a volcanic eruption is capable of plunging two continents in total darkness and freezing temperatures for nearly two years?
Are you educated?
Do you know what one single volcano can do to a continent?
Please go and make a research then come back

1 Like

Re: Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) by etibaba(m): 4:07pm On Jan 19, 2021
Jomjom056:

I always get a ten years ban so I resulted to opening a new account to advertise once the previous one gets banned.You dig??
yea

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion / First Humans Acted Like Vegan Monkeys, 3 Million Years Ago - Study / Indian Man Crushed To Death By An Elephant (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.