Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,849 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

"Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse (45151 Views)

Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma / The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You / Man Posts Bottle Of Beer And Bible Verse To Justify His Drink (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Virginkpekus(f): 9:24pm On Jan 17, 2021
mu2sa2:
From drinking you get drunk. Drunkenness is the child of drinking. Doesn't make sense leaving the father and punishing his children when both are in the same boat
Your opinion
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Crunchyg3: 9:24pm On Jan 17, 2021
Reno is right, some Christians are too extreme with doctrines that they don't open their mind even when you are trying to teach them the truth as so many people are already doing on the comment section here. That was how one woman refused to stretch her hand for a bank security to apply hand sanitizer on her hand before she can enter the bank, saying that she can't allow sanitizer to touch her hand because it was made with alcohol. She later went and use water and soap to wash her hand before she was allowed to enter the bank

1 Like

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Adakintroy: 9:25pm On Jan 17, 2021
Achoholis like everything in life. Moderation is the best angle of approach.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Goldbw122(m): 9:25pm On Jan 17, 2021
It is a sin, because when you enter a Bad thing a little it will be very interesting, so you just have to stay away from anything that appears, to be tricky leading to sin, like when you want to get a girl but you know that at the end of all the event you are going to break the girl's heart, don't start the relationship because when you start it you have already sinned. so the same thing goes for liquor
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Angelfrost(m): 9:26pm On Jan 17, 2021
Preaching against alcohol is akin to preaching against sex... Both are erroneous, if not dumb and hypocritical.

The key is to preach against abuse and absence of self control.

One of my issues with religion is the poor practice of making a taboo out of pleasures of life, instead of directing or teaching on proper approach to those pleasures.

2 Likes

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Lanmonfishery(m): 9:26pm On Jan 17, 2021
I see dis guys post like everywhere and almost everytime, I just know his name, buy who d Bleep is he??
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by obyrich(m): 9:27pm On Jan 17, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
If drinking wine/alcohol is not a sin but drunkenness (as a result of drinking wine/alcohol) is a sin as you say, why drink wine at all?

To tempt yourself to see if it would lead you to drunkenness which you call sin?

It might not be a sin but it's obvious that it makes people to be more vulnerable to sin, not just drunkenness but fornication and the likes.

So drinking wine/alcohol is not wise. If you could avoid it, please do, because you could become addicted to it, and when that happens it would be difficult to stop.

God bless.
Do you know that over feeding is a sin?

2 Likes

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Solutionchima: 9:30pm On Jan 17, 2021
I just remembered reno is Ijaw man
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by farem: 9:33pm On Jan 17, 2021
nwekeugochukwu:
Reno Omokri has said that the act of consuming alcohol is not a sin, IgbereTV reports.

The former presidential aide said that people who preach against the drinking of alcohol are going against what the scriptures said in relation to the matter.

According to him, the act of drinking it is not a sin, rather, it is getting drunk as a result of the intake that’s a sin.

He wrote via his Twitter handle:

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1350493665240748033?s=19

It's now clear why this 'pastor" only preaches only when defending Atiku. He can die defending looters than Jesus Christ Christ
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by unscripted(m): 9:35pm On Jan 17, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
If drinking wine/alcohol is not a sin but drunkenness (as a result of drinking wine/alcohol) is a sin as you say, why drink wine at all?

To tempt yourself to see if it would lead you to drunkenness which you call sin?

It might not be a sin but it's obvious that it makes people to be more vulnerable to sin, not just drunkenness but fornication and the likes.

So drinking wine/alcohol is not wise. If you could avoid it, please do, because you could become addicted to it, and when that happens it would be difficult to stop.

God bless.
alcohol splifies the state of your mind .. if your carry evil thoughts it amplifies it , if you carry good thoughts it amplifies it as well .. but at the end let God's spirit in you help you do what is right ..

2 Likes

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by ibinaboonline: 9:36pm On Jan 17, 2021
No, drinking alcohol is not a sin. They say it's drinking in excess that's a sin, but the problem is that the second bottle always starts from the first bottle. I won't fault anyone who practices or preaches abstinence for this reason.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by AlphaBeta130: 9:36pm On Jan 17, 2021
Righteousness2:
And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Flee From ALL Appearances of Evil.

Guard your Salvation with all Diligence!

Eternity is a Personal Race.
Nobody will stand together nor even identical twins.
Nobody will stand for you Befor GOD..
Heaven is a Prepared Place for Prepared People..
so whats your message as regards the topic. is reno right or wrong. what do u think

1 Like

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by zang: 9:36pm On Jan 17, 2021
I said it before and I'll repeat myself again This man isn't making sense
He is a confuse clergyman
I pity his gullible followers
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by edoairways: 9:37pm On Jan 17, 2021
JustCruise:
Tell them oo. I don't know the kind of Christianity practiced in Nigeria. I don't know who told them that smoking and casual drinking are sins.
Many conservative Christians don't drink alcohol globally

1 Like

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by joinpreneur(m): 9:37pm On Jan 17, 2021
The bible emphasises on wine. It says it's good.

Medically, alcohol does more harm to the body than good. You know what that means? It's simply not advisable. So if Bible says wine is good for the health, then definitely it's not the alcoholic.

Ultimately, My Brother Reno missed the target.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by edoairways: 9:37pm On Jan 17, 2021
zang:
I said it before and I'll repeat myself again
This man isn't making sense

He is a confuse clergyman

I pity his gullible followers
He is speaking fact from the scriptures even though I don't agree with him
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by bola4dprec(m): 9:38pm On Jan 17, 2021
nwekeugochukwu:
Reno Omokri has said that the act of consuming alcohol is not a sin, IgbereTV reports.

The former presidential aide said that people who preach against the drinking of alcohol are going against what the scriptures said in relation to the matter.

According to him, the act of drinking it is not a sin, rather, it is getting drunk as a result of the intake that’s a sin.

Drunkenness increases the anger of a fool to his injury,
reducing his strength and adding wounds.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Munzy14(m): 9:39pm On Jan 17, 2021
Righteousness2:
And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Flee From ALL Appearances of Evil.

Guard your Salvation with all Diligence!

Eternity is a Personal Race.
Nobody will stand together nor even identical twins.
Nobody will stand for you Befor GOD..
Heaven is a Prepared Place for Prepared People..
Evange so are u trying to say the miracle of turning water to wine at canan in gallile is a joke?

Or is the wine nonalcoholic?

The way u guys carve out scriptures that suit your taste eeeh..

1 Like

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Cantonese: 9:39pm On Jan 17, 2021
Reno Omokri should read Proverbs 20:1; Isaiah 5: 11; Isaiah 5:22; Leviticus 10:9; Judges 13:4; Proverbs 23:31.

These people should not pick bible verses without insight just to serve their self centered purposes.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Taiwojon(m): 9:41pm On Jan 17, 2021
nwekeugochukwu:

nonsense!!!!!

rubbish interpretation.

flee from every appearance of evil.
flee alcohol if you want to live long.

alcohol kill
alcohol will take you to hell. .

please stop believing people like this that always interpret bible for their own gain.

Reno fall my hand ooo.

Reno when do you become a false pastor.

Jesus save
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by ibinaboonline: 9:41pm On Jan 17, 2021
Do you even realize that Jesus didn't only drink wine but also turned water to wine? Do you even realize the wine was alcohol? Go back and read the Bible texts in his tweet.
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by donMIG(m): 9:43pm On Jan 17, 2021
Ppl who should preach r busy exchanging nasty words
This heaven hard to go oh
God have mercy on us
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by KingWarri: 9:43pm On Jan 17, 2021
Hongkog:
The only thing wrong about alcohol is when you take it in excess. It makes you do things that you wouldn't do ordinarily.

Imagine beating your wife and children because you are drunk, or raping some random lady you see.
Are you speaking from your personal experience
Because no be so my own dey do me oh... It only makes me sober...
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by blackmantis: 9:44pm On Jan 17, 2021
Drinking alcohol is not a sin..... excessive drinking and drunkenness is a sin.

There are some medicine that are made with alcohol.

But as a Christian it's not mandatory to drink infact if your drinking alcohol can stumble others then it's better you abstain why should you use your freedom as a Christian to stumble another. But anyone saying taking a small amount of alcohol occasionally is a sin is not saying the truth.

4 Likes

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Taiwojon(m): 9:44pm On Jan 17, 2021
nwekeugochukwu:

Reno fall my hand ooo

Reno when did you become a false pastor.

flee alcohol

alcohol kill
alcohol will take you to hell

please and please stop believing people like this that always interpret the Bible for their own gain.

Jesus save
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Grandmeister(m): 9:45pm On Jan 17, 2021
1.Christ drank wine at the wedding in cannan.
2. Christ drank wine at the house of zachaeus
3. Christ drank wine when he shared the last supper with his disciples.
4.Paul advised Timothy to take a little wine for his stomach issues.
5. Grapes which was created by God is good! God himself said that ALL his creations are good and should not be called unclean. So why then is a soured grape juice a sin? Don’t you know that what goes into a man can’t soil him but what comes out of a man? Those are Christ’s own words.

Even palm wine has alcohol! So it’s a sin if I tap a God given palm wine and drink it later when it has fermented?

4 Likes

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Tolexandre: 9:45pm On Jan 17, 2021
HolinessForever:

Wisdom is too High for a Fool
Ogbeni, the only fool here is you as you refused to answer a simple question!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by MemoriesAndMe: 9:45pm On Jan 17, 2021
The scriptures only talk about wine, forgetting about gin, brandy, long Island, shekpe, ogogoro etc. How do we know if flexing with Hennessy is a sin now when the Bible doesn't even know about it or what boys like in it?
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Oyinlomobambam(m): 9:46pm On Jan 17, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.

If eating too much creat wahala for body, is it good to advice person not to eat?

Instead of alcohol is a sin, why not too much alcohol is a sin?

I know people won’t care but they make their choice.

Even with telling people is a sin doesn’t change anything.

My point is, let use the right words to preach.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Grandmeister(m): 9:47pm On Jan 17, 2021
Taiwojon:

Reno fall my hand ooo

Reno when did you become a false pastor.

flee alcohol

alcohol kill
alcohol will take you to hell

please and please stop believing people like this that always interpret the Bible for their own gain.

Jesus save
Alcohol will NOT take you to hell! That’s a demonic doctrine. So drinking palm wine will also take me to hell? Something that God himself created for us to drink and enjoy?

2 Likes

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by P1PrinceKT(m): 9:49pm On Jan 17, 2021
this guy is on exile enjoying looted money.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by LadyTianna(f): 9:50pm On Jan 17, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.

It's necessary to drink wine(red) because it contains antioxidants which protect our body cells from free radicals which cause heart disease, cancer and some other diseases smiley

When your body breaks down food, it produces energy that destroys your cells and causes aging. Antioxidants slow down this process.
Moderation is our watchword tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That / Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! / Celestial Member Dancing Naira Marley 'Soapy' During Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.