Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

"Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse (45186 Views)

Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma / The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You / Man Posts Bottle Of Beer And Bible Verse To Justify His Drink (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by udemzyudex(m): 9:51pm On Jan 17, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
If drinking wine/alcohol is not a sin but drunkenness (as a result of drinking wine/alcohol) is a sin as you say, why drink wine at all?

To tempt yourself to see if it would lead you to drunkenness which you call sin?

It might not be a sin but it's obvious that it makes people to be more vulnerable to sin, not just drunkenness but fornication and the likes.

So drinking wine/alcohol is not wise. If you could avoid it, please do, because you could become addicted to it, and when that happens it would be difficult to stop.

God bless.

What's the meaning of why drink wine at all?
if speed kills why drive car at all?
if drug overdose kills why take drugs at all?

If you have the ability to control your speed while driving or follow the drug dosage given to you by the doctor why can't you take whine and know your guage?

4 Likes

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by zabuur: 9:52pm On Jan 17, 2021
Righteousness2:
And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Flee From ALL Appearances of Evil.

Guard your Salvation with all Diligence!

Eternity is a Personal Race.
Nobody will stand together nor even identical twins.
Nobody will stand for you Befor GOD..
Heaven is a Prepared Place for Prepared People..

Are u sure u aren't depressed?

1 Like

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by LagosAirport: 9:52pm On Jan 17, 2021
Righteousness2:
And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

You HV started derailing threads again. Everything you wrote now, what has it got to do with alcohol

4 Likes

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:54pm On Jan 17, 2021
Oyinlomobambam:

If eating too much creat wahala for body, is it good to advice person not to eat?

Instead of alcohol is a sin, why not too much alcohol is a sin?

I know people won’t care but they make their choice.

Even with telling people is a sin doesn’t change anything.

My point is, let use the right words to preach.
Feeding is a necessity but not drinking alcohol.

Btw way I never said taking alcohol was a sin but just that it wasn't wise to do so if it leads people to commit sins like rape, murder, fornication etc.

God bless.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Munzy14(m): 9:54pm On Jan 17, 2021
You have to respect reno for he is good in what he does. Putting fanatics on their toes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Chinatown1759: 9:54pm On Jan 17, 2021
Hongkog:

What has drinking alcohol has to do with what you just typed?

I tire for that unrighteous moniker o
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by ABIODUN105(m): 9:54pm On Jan 17, 2021
Isaiah 5;11 Woe to those who rise early in the morning, that they may run after strong drink, who tarry late into the evening as wine inflames them!
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Taiwojon(m): 9:56pm On Jan 17, 2021
Grandmeister:

Alcohol will NOT take you to hell! That’s a demonic doctrine. So drinking palm wine will also take me to hell? Something that God himself created for us to drink and enjoy?

no!!!!!

it will. remember suicide is sins and in smoking and drinking alcohol is Sins because in smoking a warning is given

smoker are liable to die young so also is alcohol it kill and shorten the life span of a person

so why kill yourself or take your life when you cannot give life

smoking and alcohol are factor that Led one to his early grave.

so life you can't give don't take it

avoid alcohol is kill. what the Bible is talking about in the verse quote was talking about all this harmless wine like 5 alive or juice.

so stop misquoting the Bible and flee alcohol
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by AZeD1(m): 9:57pm On Jan 17, 2021
Nuttella:
I still will not drink alcohol.

When the bible says "lead us not into temptation" (Matthew 6:13) it knew that from drinking alcohol, we gradually become drunk and drunkenness is a sin according to my bible(Ephesians 5:18, Galatians 5:21).

God is not an author of confusion. People are just interpreting bible they want it suits them.
Gluttony is a sin and it's from eating you become a glutton so why bother eating at all?
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 17, 2021
HolinessForever:

Wisdom is too High for a Fool

Read your Bible . Whosoever calls a human being created by God a fool....Such person is in danger Of hell......

Try to practice what you preach....
with your above statement, you don't appear wise either....

Jesus would never call someone a fool.....
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Famocious(m): 9:58pm On Jan 17, 2021
1 Corinthians 10:23

'I have the right to do anything," you say--but not everything is beneficial. "I have the right to do anything"--but not everything is constructive'
You have the choice..

1 Share

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Faith063: 9:59pm On Jan 17, 2021
I think 1Cor 10: 31 said it all
Make we dey do all things for God's glory
Proverbs 23: 20,21 talks about not been found among those who dey drink too much wine
Proverbs 28:7 says a glutton disgraces his father
Even Jesus warned against overeating and overdrinking (Luke 21:34)
So, it's very simple, even if na water you drink too much, you sef go hear ham, I think it's better to practice self control in all things then we will be fine

1 Like

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by kushe: 9:59pm On Jan 17, 2021
The bible teaches against excess.
Excessive words,excessive idleness, excessive drinking and revelry in general.
The bible doesn't condemn the intake of alcohol as even Jesus was accused of being a drunkard.
We are saved by grace through faith and not this false religious piety that is totally unscriptural.
However because it demands a lot of self denial people actually feel righteous doing those things.

1 Like

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by jjxxx: 9:59pm On Jan 17, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
If drinking wine/alcohol is not a sin but drunkenness (as a result of drinking wine/alcohol) is a sin as you say, why drink wine at all?

To tempt yourself to see if it would lead you to drunkenness which you call sin?

It might not be a sin but it's obvious that it makes people to be more vulnerable to sin, not just drunkenness but fornication and the likes.

So drinking wine/alcohol is not wise. If you could avoid it, please do, because you could become addicted to it, and when that happens it would be difficult to stop.

God bless.

It's ironic you speak about my logic being dumb yet you go on to compare drunkenness with gluttony.

Do you have any idea of how people have been raped, murdered, sexually abused, molested etc., because of drunkenness?

Maybe you should tell me how many of such atrocities have been perpetrated because of gluttony?

That's why drinking alcohol is not wise even though not a sin, but that's not stopping you anyone from drinking if you still want to. It's just an advice. Advice no be curse.

God bless.

Do you know eating too much is a single also? Would you then say food is a sin so we shouldn't eat because it will lead us to sin? That's why the Bible say do everything in moderation. It is not bad to eat food but too much is a sin, so also it's not bad to drink wine/alcohol but too much is a sin. Would u say kind David, king Solomon, Moses and the likes are in hell? Nooooo. But they drank alcohol wen on Earth.
White that brought the Bible to us drink alcohol. Black might be more in hell, yet na we do religion pass but with very wicked heart.

1 Like

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by alucky: 9:59pm On Jan 17, 2021
HolinessForever:

Wisdom is too High for a Fool
see person claiming wisdom

Fools will always see themselves as wise
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 17, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.

It's ironic you speak about my logic sounding dumb yet you go on to compare drunkenness with gluttony.

Do you have any idea of how people got raped, murdered, sexually abused, molested etc., because of drunkenness?

Maybe you should tell me how many of such atrocities have been perpetrated because of gluttony?

That's why drinking alcohol is not wise even though not a sin, but that's not stopping you anyone from drinking if you still want to. It's just an advice. Advice no be curse.

God bless.
Are you in any way related to the jesusjnr who was begging me for nudes? BTW, he is a pastor o
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Saig: 10:01pm On Jan 17, 2021
That's not right biblical interpretation. it's a breach of hermeneutical process, it's taking a passage out of context and it's called pretexting in religious studies
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by MikeBetty(m): 10:01pm On Jan 17, 2021
Righteousness2:

some people quote the out of context. Does it mean that everybody will enter heaven with one or more parts of the body off? He has answered that your quote even before you type yours. He said drunkeness is a sin, which means sipping small without getting drunk is not a sin. It is either you sip small (not getting drunk) or quit taking at all. Same way some people will say "money is the root of all evil". Who no need money on earth? What the bible said is THE LOVE OF MONEY
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by eagleonearth(m): 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2021
Charisma01:
Make una dey argue there all these sunday sunday tonic people. Alcohol is a sin o

That's how most churches made us to be believe its not until i discovered the truth.
Study the bible yourselves.
show the truth because last time I checked the holy communion wine was alcohol
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by COdeGenesis: 10:04pm On Jan 17, 2021
kereman1:

Oga u are too over zealously religious, last last if you die con realize that there is no heaven or hell you will definitely feel foolish,
My guy live ur live, there is nothing after this life, just void, last last make we all die to confirm am.
Religion na scam, if na hell I dey go e good self cos heaven go boring die.

Do you know what hell means? I pray you will get a taste of what hell feels like this year so you will have sense.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Grandmeister(m): 10:04pm On Jan 17, 2021
Taiwojon:

no!!!!!

it will. remember suicide is sins and in smoking and drinking alcohol is Sins because in smoking a warning is given

smoker are liable to die young so also is alcohol it kill and shorten the life span of a person

avoid alcohol is kill. what the Bible is talking about in the verse quote was talking about all this harmless wine like 5 alive or juice.

My goodness! Is five alive a wine?? Can’t you tell the difference between a juice and a wine? You people have so much guts to tell the Creator that his own creation is a sin. You’re just like the Jews of old that called pig meat, dog meat etc unclean meat until God himself cautioned Peter against such talks in Acts 10:14.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by DimIsaac10(m): 10:04pm On Jan 17, 2021
We have different type of Christianity.. We have China made, India made and we even have Amotekun type of Christianity.. Everyone can quote and requote. Real religion of peace.
In some religion, if you misquote you die on sight. Hallelujah.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by pooozeee(m): 10:05pm On Jan 17, 2021

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by kareemkamil(m): 10:07pm On Jan 17, 2021
The most dangerous book & scripture to the entire mankind's is bible.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by kushe: 10:07pm On Jan 17, 2021
Taiwojon:

no!!!!!

Oga there was nothing like grape juice in bible times.Stop spreading falsehood.
If you pressed harvested grapes and didn't drink the extract immediately,it fermented in those jars they were kept.
So at the wedding at Cana,we are made to realize that wine get grade based on the brewers expertise at the art of fermentation.
I don't drink and will not deny occasional drinkers the pleasure of what God created for our enjoyment.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Oyinlomobambam(m): 10:09pm On Jan 17, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Feeding is a necessity but not drinking alcohol.

Btw way I never said taking alcohol was a sin but just that it wasn't wise to do so if it leads people to commit sins like rape, murder, fornication etc.

God bless.

I agreed with you as i also quit in 2011.

But my problem is the way they make people feel about it.

Even if person take half bottle or as little as the cover, they made people see it as you’ve sin.

I wish they use the right words to preach.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by OJ111(m): 10:09pm On Jan 17, 2021
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Godsent12(m): 10:09pm On Jan 17, 2021
[Which church did you even attend,I know you don't preach church ooo,but something is telling me you're a deeper lifer.quote author=Righteousness2 post=98155189]And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

[/quote]
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:11pm On Jan 17, 2021
Chii59:

Are you in any way related to the jesusjnr who was begging me for nudes? BTW, he is a pastor o
Lol! My former moniker was jesusjnr. If he's the one you're actually speaking about, you justify my advise that taking alcohol is not wise, but if your statement is not a consequence of drunkenness as I assume, why not provide proof.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by alexsoftwork(m): 10:12pm On Jan 17, 2021
Hongkog:

What has drinking alcohol has to do with what you just typed?

I never see this kind religious mumu in my my life. This righteousness person self.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by helicoptarr: 10:14pm On Jan 17, 2021
Proverbs 31:6
"Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts."

Proverbs 20:1
"Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise."

If you have the Holy Spirit living inside you, you'll embrace the truth and not join the crowd into the pit.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by AlphaBeta130: 10:17pm On Jan 17, 2021
Virginkpekus:

So your brain won't tell you when highness is setting in?
this your moniker self, virginkpekus cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Sexual Immorality Is Forbidden I / Apostle Tomi Arayomi And His Wife Tahmar Arrested By DSS, Released / Dominion City Lagos Church Outside Church - At Home (Live Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.