Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? (19105 Views)

Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; / Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor / What Specs Of Laptop Is Best For Programming. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by chinavs9ja(m): 7:57pm On Jan 17, 2021
Good evening, I wrote this because I am just tired to keep explaining the kind of work laptop does to people around.

Why is it that people always think negatively about those using Laptop? I am a programmer that work remotely from home but whenever people come around the first thing they ask is "Am I also into yahoo?" I will have to sit them down to start explaining what programming job entails.

Honestly, it is really frustrating! Please why did people usually have this negative thought to those innocent programmers doing their legit job?

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Fahdiga(m): 7:59pm On Jan 17, 2021
Nigerian mentality

162 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Deasegun19(m): 8:20pm On Jan 17, 2021
Fahdiga:
Nigerian mentality
I dey tell u.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Fahdiga(m): 8:32pm On Jan 17, 2021
Deasegun19:

I dey tell u.
The most religious country on earth yet the underworld capital of the world.

113 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Jesse6(m): 8:43pm On Jan 17, 2021
I swear naso
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by joinnow: 9:16pm On Jan 17, 2021
chinavs9ja:
Good evening, I wrote this because I am just tired to keep explaining the kind of work laptop does to people around. Why is it that people always think negatively about those using Laptop? I am a programmer that work remotely from home but whenever people come around the first thing they ask is "Am I also into yahoo?" I will have to sit them down to start explaining what programming job entails. Honestly, it is really frustrating! Please why did people usually have this negative thought to those innocent programmers doing their legit job?
Lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, ishilove

the same way the world think all nigeria are thief

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Bishop7170: 9:16pm On Jan 17, 2021
Society and the so called Yahoo boys flaunting their extravagant borrowed life style.God deliver us

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by talk2hb1(m): 9:23pm On Jan 17, 2021
I am Not Surprised

1 Like

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Karleb(m): 9:32pm On Jan 17, 2021
sad
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by DICKstractor: 10:15pm On Jan 17, 2021
undecided

That's how the society is here. Yahoo have been glorified in such a way that if you use iPhone, have a laptop, you will be termed a yahoo boy.

Any guy that uses a laptop or iPhone ; Yahoo boy
Any lady that uses a laptop or iPhone ; olosho

Welcome to Nigeria

14 Likes

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Nobody: 12:56am On Jan 18, 2021
chinavs9ja:
Good evening, I wrote this because I am just tired to keep explaining the kind of work laptop does to people around. Why is it that people always think negatively about those using Laptop? I am a programmer that work remotely from home but whenever people come around the first thing they ask is "Am I also into yahoo?" I will have to sit them down to start explaining what programming job entails. Honestly, it is really frustrating! Please why did people usually have this negative thought to those innocent programmers doing their legit job?

It's just because they haven't discover great things that can be done with a laptop ...yeah, that's true,most people think people who make use of laptop are into Yahoo.
I learnt a lot of skills and I gat to make use of my laptop to work,so,I don't care about what they are gonna say
A time would come when they would realize their statements are false wink smiley

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by chinavs9ja(m): 6:50am On Jan 18, 2021
iamcee:

It's just because they haven't discover great things that can be done with a laptop ...yeah, that's true,most people think people who make use of laptop are into Yahoo.
I learnt a lot of skills and I gat to make use of my laptop to work,so,I don't care about what they are gonna say
A time would come when they would realize their statements are false wink smiley
Thanks Noted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by chinavs9ja(m): 6:51am On Jan 18, 2021
joinnow:

the same way the world think all nigeria are thief
Just tired bro...
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by stanliwise(m): 7:40am On Jan 18, 2021
chinavs9ja:
If it looks like fraud then it sure could be fraud.
Aside their myopic view of people with laptops, you and I know they aren’t the problem only.

Many guys with laptop also engage in fraudulent activities in the cover up they are graphic artist or computer geek where we know it isn’t it.
Especially in this part of the world, what I am against is seeing a complete stranger and calling them fraudsters because of how they look or what they carry, when you have no background info about them. But when you have the background about them then you're 70% going to be right

But as for people I have stayed with I can randomly select the ones who are yahoo guys the moment I see them with a laptop.

So in conclusion, in this part of the world, if you say 10 boys with laptop are into internet fraud, then chances you’re 5/10 right as much as you have little background info about them. So there is no really argument to defend the act of suspecting a laptop carrier as a yahoo guy because he likely could be.

Note: I am in no way saying anyone has to persecuted on basis he/she carries a laptop, I am only saying it is understandable for someone carrying to be more of a suspect of internet fraud as it most time a 50/50 chance

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Karleb(m): 9:08am On Jan 18, 2021
stanliwise:

Aside their myopic view of people with laptops, you and I know they aren’t the problem only.

Many guys with laptop also engage in fraudulent activities in the cover up they are graphic artist or computer geek where we know it isn’t it.
Especially in this part of the world, what I am against is seeing a stranger and calling them fraudsters because of how they look or what they carry, when you have no background info about them.

But as for people I have stayed with I can randomly select the ones who are yahoo guys the moment I see them with a laptop.

So in conclusion, in this part of the world, if you say 10 boys with laptop are into internet fraud, then chances you’re 5/10 right.

So what are saying? My advise is for people to have proper info before labeling people as a potential fraudster.

Before your conclusion, you are simply saying people with laptop in Nigeria should be looked with suspicion.

alert("you don't need laptop to be a fraudster" )

92 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by chinavs9ja(m): 9:50am On Jan 18, 2021
stanliwise:

Especially in this part of the world, what I am against is seeing a stranger and calling them fraudsters because of how they look or what they carry, when you have no background info about them.

So in conclusion, in this part of the world, if you say 10 boys with laptop are into internet fraud, then chances you’re 5/10 right.

So what are saying? My advise is for people to have proper info before labeling people as a potential fraudster.
You are right, but the way people generalized everyone using Laptop as fraud is alarming. The use of laptop in this 21st century digital world is more than to just generalized the use of laptop to be fraudulent.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by slawormiir: 2:34pm On Jan 18, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
First of all Ogbeni op.....don't just call it yahoo....say huzzle, bombing or street

Funny enough nobody uses laptop too much again when it comes to bombing and street

Only my real niggarrrrs will understand my statement

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Koloboy111: 2:34pm On Jan 18, 2021
Bella say life na dice grin this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgV9Y1vEbU4
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by BillionaireN: 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2021
Not all
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2021
must like when I use my PC at home and people thinks I'm using it to do fraud
well that's our normal mentality until they are sat down and explain what is really goin'
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Ugandatales: 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2021
Hmm...this is so true. This is why I always dress like an old man when I am going out with my laptop, and I never move in any group...I walk solo.

20 Likes

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Whiteshield: 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2021
Simply because there are a lot of foolish and unenlightened people in Nigeria.
Educated people can be foolish and unenlightened, they can even live in cities. After all, one bleached idiot with relaxer on his head said 5G causes Covid.
Also, if you are carrying laptop but begging them, they will not say you are a yahoo boy. But because you don't depend on them, their ignorance is mixed with envy. People talk down on what they can't understand but secretly desire.

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2021
No 1, the populace is poor so laptops are seen as exclusive products affordable only by a set of people

No 2, educated illiterate plenty for naija,

No 3, those in forces are to be blamed for their corruption and pilfering with style which makes it looks like a PC_user === 'con artiste'

I recently made a video on how to make a SMAN ID in less than 2mins, pls watch and subscribe, taink u very much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M74ssFYEu7Q

5 Likes

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by OYENIYIJK: 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2021
Na so cheesy
I don't explain to people again. You are buying PAYPAL funds, is that not Yahoo Yahoo? grin
I'll reply, yes, it's Yahoo Yahoo grin
You're making things difficult for yourself if you are explaining things to them, you are wasting your precious time man.

28 Likes

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Maj196(m): 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2021
Yahoo Boyz
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by SatanBoss: 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2021
90% of nigerians that posses a personal laptop have the potential to commit yahoo. check 10 people with laptop in their house, 9 must be into yahoo or affiliated to one.
especially any guy with dreads, earings , tattoo or tear tear jeans or sagged jeans. dont quote me o. just go and argue with your ancestors or go efcc office and argue wth them.
same way an average nigerian will scam you if he has the chance.
lets call a spade a spade

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by MummyD2020(f): 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2021
ILLITERACY AND LACK OF EXPOSURE

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by ladyF(f): 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2021
A lot of Nigerians have a very myopic reasoning.

You will get a point where you would get tired of explaining. Only at this point will you know peace. grin

It’s LadyF again grin grin grin

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Bluffly: 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2021
Crude and unelightened mentality

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 2:36pm On Jan 18, 2021
Hosea 4:6

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> / Programming Challenge For Beginners N20000 / Interested In Teaching Yourself Programming? file on link

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.