Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,933 members, 7,806,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? (19099 Views)

Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; / Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor / What Specs Of Laptop Is Best For Programming. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by iamsonofthunder: 2:36pm On Jan 18, 2021
cool
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Gammfreak(m): 2:36pm On Jan 18, 2021
Underdevelopment, religious belief, illiteracy, prevalences etc
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by stayclearofme: 2:36pm On Jan 18, 2021
That one na for Nigeria where the president sef is a stark illiterate.
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Jubilancy(f): 2:37pm On Jan 18, 2021
Living off campus in Ekpoma during uni days.... I used to have that same mentality especially when I saw the laptop with guys.... meh as I left school and had my own access to a laptop I realised what made up my ideology
Envy and jealousy and to an extent local mentality.
[color=#006600][/color]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Godsent12(m): 2:38pm On Jan 18, 2021
Dull mentality
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by 2shaw: 2:38pm On Jan 18, 2021
Depends, if the area is populated by cyber cafes with photocopy. I rem that year ,early 2004 to 2010,when cyber cafe was still in business, night browsing wey boys dey spam, voice call,webcam,booking of system, ,Anyone u see that year with lapy,na yahoo boy.
And na all those dell lapy of 20k.

We cast dercworld cyber cafe for ringroad that year, cast vicbiz
Now if u no do jaaz,u no go pick

4 Likes

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by kennylesy122(m): 2:38pm On Jan 18, 2021
The funniest thing is you don’t really need laptop to pull a big Fraud.

1 Like

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Koulture(m): 2:38pm On Jan 18, 2021
An average Nigerian cannot be trusted.
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Buzx: 2:39pm On Jan 18, 2021
stanliwise:

If it looks like fraud then it sure could be fraud.
Aside their myopic view of people with laptops, you and I know they aren’t the problem only.

Many guys with laptop also engage in fraudulent activities in the cover up they are graphic artist or computer geek where we know it isn’t it.
Especially in this part of the world, what I am against is seeing a stranger and calling them fraudsters because of how they look or what they carry, when you have no background info about them.

But as for people I have stayed with I can randomly select the ones who are yahoo guys the moment I see them with a laptop.

So in conclusion, in this part of the world, if you say 10 boys with laptop are into internet fraud, then chances you’re 5/10 right.

So what are saying? My advise is for people to have proper info before labeling people as a potential fraudster.

You're very very wrong. Those boys don't even use laptops these days; they use phones. In this present age, anyone can own a laptop. My 12 years old cousin has a laptop. Can he be labeled a fraudster, too? The earlier you people realise that owning a laptop is normal, the better. We're in the computer age, and lots of young people are going into tech these days.

Few years ago, I was stopped by police and taken to the station for just carrying a laptop. I was traveling back to school with the laptop. My clothes were thrown on the ground, my bag was scattered. They also found my hard-drive. After hours of searching my drive and laptop for stuffs and they couldn't find any, they left me. I was even the only showing them where my files was. It was so annoying.

6 Likes

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Kessnorman: 2:40pm On Jan 18, 2021
Mentality and ignorance undecided
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by uthlaw: 2:40pm On Jan 18, 2021
chinavs9ja:
Good evening, I wrote this because I am just tired to keep explaining the kind of work laptop does to people around.

Why is it that people always think negatively about those using Laptop? I am a programmer that work remotely from home but whenever people come around the first thing they ask is "Am I also into yahoo?" I will have to sit them down to start explaining what programming job entails.

Honestly, it is really frustrating! Please why did people usually have this negative thought to those innocent programmers doing their legit job?
because 80% of youth in East and West are yahoo boys!
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 18, 2021
chinavs9ja:
Good evening, I wrote this because I am just tired to keep explaining the kind of work laptop does to people around.

Why is it that people always think negatively about those using Laptop? I am a programmer that work remotely from home but whenever people come around the first thing they ask is "Am I also into yahoo?" I will have to sit them down to start explaining what programming job entails.

Honestly, it is really frustrating! Please why did people usually have this negative thought to those innocent programmers doing their legit job?
Co's you dwell among illiterates and less informed people

1 Like

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Lordbinsmar: 2:41pm On Jan 18, 2021
Fahdiga:
The most religious country on earth yet the underworld capital of the world.

Religion is not Nigeria's problem.
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by SatanBoss: 2:41pm On Jan 18, 2021
joinnow:

the same way the world think all nigeria are thief
because an average nigerian will scam u if he has the chance.

1 Like

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by studentofTruth: 2:41pm On Jan 18, 2021
chinavs9ja:

The same thing we're discussing on Twitter. That's the mentality of many Nigerians, which is horrible in this 21st century digitalized world where offices are in the cloud and one can work from anywhere — home, beach, and even in the train.

The irony of the whole thing, from my observation, is that the fraudsters don't work from home — many of them don't have that courage. They have a normal day work —they're your usual civil servants, shop owners, car agents, real estate agents, electricians, painters, etc. But they do whatever they do with their phones.

Now, as an innocent programmer, copywriter, forex trader, etc. working remotely from your home, they can't see any other thing that can be done online apart from fraud. Even when you show them what you do, they just can't believe it because their mind is wired for fraud — more like a drug dealer seeing a chemistry lab, all he can think of is how much Meth he can cook in there.

2 Likes

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 18, 2021
It all started when Intelligent folks in power started allowing their ego to rule their judgment by hiring and employing incompetent stark illiterates into positions that were outside their low levels of literacy. These illiterates not wanting to be outshined will continue to hire equally dense illiterates and here we are today.. In the Senate, House of Reps, Presidency, LGA, Wards, etc.. stark illiterates are the ones in control, and their thinking is so descended below common farm animals like goats -- no insults to all Suya-compatible animals out there - we love y'all

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 18, 2021
It's an extension of our inferiority complex. We believe that no Nigerian can have marketable business analyst, data scientist or programmer's skills. Therefore, the only reason he/she can possibly have for carrying a laptop is to scam old white women.

We don't trust our own, although truth be told, our low sense of professionalism makes us easy to distrust.

4 Likes

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Cerebellum: 2:43pm On Jan 18, 2021
Lol...lol
see you You know say Naija pple mad
Naija and mad pple is like 6 follow 5grin

1 Like

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Gammfreak(m): 2:43pm On Jan 18, 2021
SatanBoss:
90% of nigerians that posses a personal laptop have the potential to commit yahoo. check 10 people with laptop in their house, 9 must be into yahoo or affiliated to one.
especially any guy with dreads, earings , tattoo or tear tear jeans or sagged jeans. dont quote me o. just go and argue with your ancestors or go efcc office and argue wth them

Lol.....do u really know the importance of laptop to an individual? U must b very timid to think this way sha....in university, almost everyone has a laptop, same with most private universities, so stop dz mentality

1 Like

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:44pm On Jan 18, 2021
illiteracy of the mind
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Iceyjayz: 2:45pm On Jan 18, 2021
Because 70% of Nigerians are ignorant, dumb and stupid
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Icon2007: 2:45pm On Jan 18, 2021
i used to work outside my state of residence before ,but now i joined another unit of my organization, the job role allows me to work form home. i was given laptop to work.

people keep asking if i don't go to work and all that : and i know what op is saying is what is in the mind of most of them.
cos some people closer to me self find it difficult to believe that its possible to work remotely from home.

God help us all

2 Likes

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by The5DME(m): 2:46pm On Jan 18, 2021
stop hanging around illiterates.

1 Like

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by ernestobum(m): 2:47pm On Jan 18, 2021
This is a sad...I am a software consultants and anywhere I go...my laptop goes with me. Does that make me fraudulent. Secondly, I am a against internet fraud and will never support anyone into it...There has to be a paradigm shift from these 'laptop' and criminal behaviour.

1 Like

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by zanga420: 2:50pm On Jan 18, 2021
Fahdiga:
Nigerian mentality
Stupid mentality. Mentality that doesn't allow unlearning and relearning but promote bias. I don't know the day that country will be liberated.

1 Like

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by jaxxy(m): 2:51pm On Jan 18, 2021
because of the bad eggs in society have become more noticed than the good ones. I was in surulere many years back and a police officer asked to see my bag after identifying himself. I Gladly showed him wondering what was going on and answered his questions all innocently and partly naive of what he was searching for. It was days later I told a frnd and he said it was cos of fraudsters. That’s when i remembered they don’t go to cafes anymore bt use Lapys now.

So it’s the societal vices that has modified the thinking of the society to some extent so don’t completely blame them.

2 Likes

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by livinbygrace: 2:51pm On Jan 18, 2021
When you tagged ritualist,armed robbers,kidnappers and all social vices as fraudsters,what else do you expect from people to say.Until you stop tagging all crimes as yahoo,anybody with laptop is a fraudster,deal with it

1 Like

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Goodman247: 2:52pm On Jan 18, 2021
Just Nigerian mentality
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Komu1048(m): 2:53pm On Jan 18, 2021
chinavs9ja:

Because in Nigeria you are a criminal first before you prove your innocence

2 Likes

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Unik3030: 2:54pm On Jan 18, 2021
SatanBoss:
90% of nigerians that posses a personal laptop have the potential to commit yahoo. check 10 people with laptop in their house, 9 must be into yahoo or affiliated to one.
especially any guy with dreads, earings , tattoo or tear tear jeans or sagged jeans. dont quote me o. just go and argue with your ancestors or go efcc office and argue wth them.
same way an average nigerian will scam you if he has the chance.
lets call a spade a spade
God bless u, don't mind those hypocrite deceiving themselves.
This is d same reason why I am still skeptical about cryptocurrency cos majority of my guys that are doing it are yahoo boys using cryptocurrency as cover so I can't really say if it's yahoo that is paying them or d exchange rubbish they use as cover up.

90% of those forming work from home n laptop rubbish are scammers.

I am not trying to b socially correct or something,this is the undiluted truth

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> / Programming Challenge For Beginners N20000 / Interested In Teaching Yourself Programming? file on link

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.