Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,715 members, 7,802,162 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship (31030 Views)

3 Lies We Tell Ourselves About Entrepreneurship / What No One Tells You About Entrepreneurship In Nigeria / 8 Things No One Will Tell You About Entrepreneurship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by Dliquidmetal(m): 4:47pm On Jan 18, 2021
OGWILLS123:
Please guys am about dedicating my whole life into learning forex I hope it will worth it cry
I would be worth it on the long run bruh,I've been learning for about 2years too and you should be ready for lots of challenges but all in all it you have the passion you wouldn't give up ever.

1 Like

Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by iLegendd(m): 4:48pm On Jan 18, 2021
Written in the star.

1 Like

Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by DSoj(m): 4:50pm On Jan 18, 2021
BEST POST ON NairaLand in 3yrs

6 Likes

Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by Eriokanmi: 4:54pm On Jan 18, 2021
Nice one OP. This is the kind of posts I want to be seeing on the front page and not posts like...

Should I marry her or not...?

How can I woo her, she's been eyeing me...

Advice needed, she doesn't pick my calls again, could she be cheating on me? Etc

For me, this is the best post I've seen this year in nairaland.

7 Likes

Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by centilad(m): 4:55pm On Jan 18, 2021
This is Super!! cool
Techwriter:
The only part they told us about entrepreneurship was that we would be our own bosses.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-1wqjJTrJfdo/YASS8fHcMNI/AAAAAAAAJ0s/aMMfcDFouhsYh6uSFmkFRLKT9ahUvbKZACLcBGAsYHQ/w400-h250/internal-auditor-2.jpg[/img]

They never told us that we would fail many times before we succeed.
They never told us that we would work 5 times more than our employees and not get anything sometimes.

They never told us that this would cripple our credit score. That we will be in debt and owe a lot of people money.
No one said anything about the sleepless nights trying to figure out a way forward.
No one told us about the stress and anxiety.

No one told us that this will cause conflict between us and or relatives and family members.
No one told us that we would be jokes to the society especially when we start changing from one business to another.

No one told us that sometimes we will go six months or more without any income. Living in the edge and surviving through borrowing money from different people.

No one told us that our doors would be shut down due failure to pay staff, they can’t get to work.

No one told us we would be hobos at some point.
No one told us that our wife's /husbands /boyfriends and girlfriend's would leave us because they will not understand our journey.

No one told us that we will have to be more than patient.
That we would make so many mistakes end up losing a lot of money.
That at some point we would have to risk our lives in order to move forward.

We had to figure this out all by ourselves.
Many gave up on the journey.
Some died on the journey.

But some of us after going through so much pain we decided that we were going to succeed or die trying .
Some of us we are never giving up on this no matter what. We are now doing it and very aware of the circumstances.
It's win or nothing for us and it's too late to go back now.

We are entrepreneurs!!
#Breakingfree

The Mad 1%
Author Unkown

We forge ahead ❤��

Source: http://think2wize..com/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by MidaserveNG: 4:56pm On Jan 18, 2021
Nice piece OP!!
Best read in 4Yrs on Nairaland!!!
True Talk -
Techwriter:
The only part they told us about entrepreneurship was that we would be our own bosses.

But
Techwriter:

They never told us that we would work 5 times more than our employees and not get anything sometimes.

They never told us that this would cripple our credit score. That we will be in debt and owe a lot of people money.
No one said anything about the sleepless nights trying to figure out a way forward.

No one told us that this will cause conflict between us and or relatives and family members.
No one told us that we would be jokes to the society especially when we start changing from one business to another.

No one told us that sometimes we will go six months or more without any income. Living in the edge and surviving through borrowing money from different people.

No one told us that our doors would be shut down due failure to pay staff, they can’t get to work.

No one told us that our wife's /husbands /boyfriends and girlfriend's would leave us because they will not understand our journey.

Reality is that:
Techwriter:

some of us after going through so much pain we decided that we were going to succeed or die trying .
Some of us we are never giving up on this no matter what. We are now doing it and very aware of the circumstances.

We are entrepreneurs!!
#Breakingfree

We forge ahead ❤��
#WeMove

1 Like

Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by SheyiFCA: 5:01pm On Jan 18, 2021
Nicoddemus:
Am an enterprenuer but I didn't pass through all these shit you mentioned. It was difficult starting but I blazed through. Now these are the rules

1) never start a business without a proper knowledge of the business

2) Never start a business without adequate financial management skill

3) Never start a new business without the mindset to be frugal in your spending at least for the first one year

4) the last but the most important is never start a business without a spiritual backup else the elements might just frustrate you

All these I can expanciate but I'm too lazy to type
THE MOST SENSIBLE ! KEEP IT UP DEAR ONE

1 Like

Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by Fakbrown: 5:10pm On Jan 18, 2021
Well written, it is a difficult path to work through, failed severally, family gave up on us, got motivated by friends who are also towing same lane, Corona was even my saving grace, sorry to say this but Corona was actually an angel in disguise for me

9 Likes

Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by harmony75: 5:10pm On Jan 18, 2021
k na everything them go tell you
Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by Tony142: 5:13pm On Jan 18, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Well done son...I perused through your article as I read between lines while blazing my weed and drinking my origin bitters....I must say this your write up is not devoid of intellect and wisdom...

This is to say in anything you do don't give up because winners don't quit and quitters don't win

So with this i urge all my fellow gamblers, stakers, high rollers, risk takers and punters to never quit....because for everyday we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to become a millionaire of which gambling is among....just have to exercise patience and continue to stake
And same goes to my fellow bombers and street huzzlers....don't give up....one day you go pick...2 seconds he go bust....your first picking na im area go take scatter

if you think gambling is among the ways to be a millionaire, then I can assure you that all those yahoo money u have stole from clients, u will lose them all, maybe na Gambling God won pass take punish you las las

3 Likes

Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by OGWILLS123: 5:14pm On Jan 18, 2021
ignis:
Nothing good comes easy.
change this your mindset undecided ...it's a suffering mindset angry ...not every good thing's comes the hard way sad

1 Like

Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by 360command: 5:16pm On Jan 18, 2021
Nonsense.. I was told about everything.
Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by Olatlaccon(m): 5:17pm On Jan 18, 2021
Sonnobax15:
Do you mean the same forex trading that has been solely hijacked by fraudsters abi na another one?
wachu mean hijacked by fraudster brother? does it mean forex itself is a scam or brokers or traders that say bring this and collect that after a week or month...I go like hear from you man
Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by salt1: 5:20pm On Jan 18, 2021
OGWILLS123:
change this your mindset undecided ...it's a suffering mindset angry ...not ever good thing's comes the hard way sad

Another one! Not every good thing comes the hard way
Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by candygist: 5:24pm On Jan 18, 2021
OGWILLS123:
Please guys am about dedicating my whole life into learning forex I hope it will worth it cry

Why are you telling Nairalands ?
Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by studentofTruth: 5:26pm On Jan 18, 2021
Nice one
Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by Stateoforigin: 5:27pm On Jan 18, 2021
OMG.

This is me right now.

The frustration, anger, hunger, losses et'al is real.

But we won't give up. We'll continue to persevere until our breakthrough comes.

Call us for all your laundry and dry cleaning service in Abuja. Details on my signature

3 Likes

Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 18, 2021
OGWILLS123:

Yes
Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by Ugandatales: 5:32pm On Jan 18, 2021
Damn! This is so accurate. I am not saying it ain't worth it, but know that when you eventually make it, you can never get back those years you spent suffering...you can never get back that portion of your youth back. So, know this before you decide to become an entrepreneur.

2 Likes

Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by colp2015: 5:33pm On Jan 18, 2021
OGWILLS123:
It is financially rewarding if you are trained by the right person.

Whatever you decide, I will advise you to do the following:

1. After you learn the terminologies, fundamentals, and technical analysis, you must trade a demo account with as small a capital as possible. $50 is recommended.

2. You must fund a real account with ONLY twenty thousand naira and trade it for 3 months. This is after you have paper traded the demo account.

3. Brokerage firms are a big hurdle. In fact, many brokerage firms use tech (MT platforms) to defraud their customers. If your trade is going well, their trading platform would beat you by a requote system.

How to beat brokers in their game?

Do not use their MT platforms. Instead, opt for their webterminal.

There is a drawback to using the webterminal, which is limited assets. Indices, Gold, and Stocks are usually not available through Webterminals.

Feel free to ask me any questions. I am about to launch a training and support programme for Nigerians and then Africans.

2 Likes

Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by ignis: 5:35pm On Jan 18, 2021
OGWILLS123:
change this your mindset undecided ...it's a suffering mindset angry ...not every good thing's comes the hard way sad

Please come and change it for me.

Motivational speakers

2 Likes

Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by OGWILLS123: 5:35pm On Jan 18, 2021
candygist:

Why are you telling Nairalands ?
Like WTF !!!... undecided ... am seeking for advice bruh you got any undecided
Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by Tony142: 5:36pm On Jan 18, 2021
Kobicove:
Welcome to the real world grin

hahahaha, the guy Don taste reality small, Lol

1 Like

Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by OGWILLS123: 5:38pm On Jan 18, 2021
ignis:

Please come and change it for me.
Motivational speakers
Sorry MRS Born to suffer carry on undecided
Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by Ugandatales: 5:39pm On Jan 18, 2021
TransAtlanticEx:
grin
Oh so you thought it was about wearing cheap suits and looking cool on Instagram giving unsolicited motivational quotes abi? grin
When I see those ones I know they ain't ready for business yet.
You can't be superficial and be a budding entrepreneur at the same time,one just have to go. grin
When them call you for meeting for 3am to come pitch your product(no one really cares if you die on the way undecided),or you owe bank or relatives money and them dey threaten you for am,or you owe staff,or you need to expand but just don't have the funds or keep running at a loss,
You will suddenly forget how to bafff,let alone Instagram grin

Hahahahahaha! So true. Super accurate.
Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by oppsymos(m): 5:39pm On Jan 18, 2021
The reality.
We are in it bro, we will keep pushing until we make it.
God bless our works
Techwriter:

[img]https://1.bp..com/-1wqjJTrJfdo/YASS8fHcMNI/AAAAAAAAJ0s/aMMfcDFouhsYh6uSFmkFRLKT9ahUvbKZACLcBGAsYHQ/w400-h250/internal-auditor-2.jpg[/img]

But some of us after going through so much pain we decided that we were going to succeed or die trying .

We are entrepreneurs!!
#Breakingfree

The Mad 1%
Author Unkown

We forge ahead ❤��

Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by Chidexthebest: 5:40pm On Jan 18, 2021
OGWILLS123:
Me too, don't worry it will be worth it
Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 18, 2021
Kennyking1234:
Read this book. Its amazing for entrepreneur(s)...
E-myth: Why small businesses don't work and what to do about it. By Michael E. Gerber
Its not by Reading books ohhh my brother its not easy at all.

7 Likes

Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by Ugandatales: 5:42pm On Jan 18, 2021
GamalNasser:
As a serial entrepreneur who has seen it all I can tell you all written there Is 100 percent through but once success comes you forget about it ..The part I hate is the friends and family you will fall out with along the way but don't worry when you succeed they will all trickle back and understand why you did what you did ..The True Entrepreneur is a sacrificial person who sacrifices all for the greater good of all

Deep words. I salute

1 Like

Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by ronaldbecky(m): 5:45pm On Jan 18, 2021
OGWILLS123:
same here
Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by Altrarecords(m): 5:45pm On Jan 18, 2021
OGWILLS123:

You should.

It's life changing. Never give up no matter what.

I am a Forex trader myself
Re: What They Didn't Tell Us About Entrepreneurship by Ugandatales: 5:45pm On Jan 18, 2021
abuomaIV:
No one told us that we will grow Old quickly

Hahahahahaha!!!! So true. So true.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sale Of Polaris Bank: CBN Sets Record Straight / Brief History Of The Fall Of The Nigerian Naira / Three Banks To Take Over Etisalat Nigeria Over N541.8 Billion Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.