Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career (59176 Views)

Osimhen Sent Off As Napoli Lose To Roma / Ten Crazy Purchases Messi Could Make With His Barcelona Wages / Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by theoneJabulani(m): 11:33pm On Jan 17, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZNbU8yQJX0

Barcelona suffered a shock 3-2 Supercopa de Espana final defeat to Athletic Bilbao in a match that saw Lionel Messi sent off late on.
Lionel Messi was sent off for the first time in his Barcelona career after Inaki Williams scored a sublime goal that gave Athletic Bilbao a shock 3-2 win in the Supercopa de Espana final.
The Catalan giants were on the brink of a record-extending 13th triumph in the competition after Antoine Griezmann scored twice, either side of Oscar De Marcos' equaliser, to put Barcelona 2-1 up late on in normal time.
But Athletic, who knocked out holders Real Madrid in the semi-finals, equalised through substitute Asier Villalibre in the 90th minute and Williams scored early on in the additional period to turn the tie on its head.
Messi was then sent off in the dying moments of extra time when VAR spotted an off-the-ball incident involving Villalibre, as the Argentinian violently knocked the Athletic player to the ground.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by drmuchin: 11:42pm On Jan 17, 2021
chai
frustration abatago 18 yard box
he should have left when the ovation was loudest

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by osamz007: 11:55pm On Jan 17, 2021
LIONEL MESSI THE FUTURE WWE SUPERSTAR

A FLYING CLOTHESLINE FROM THE BACK

VINCE MCMAHON IS IMPRESSED

IF YOU DIDN'T WATCH THE MATCH BELOW IS THE HIGHLIGHT

147 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by paulolee(m): 11:57pm On Jan 17, 2021
this barca self eeh, all they needed was to defend for just few mins against dt 90mins goal but they choosed to bottle it as usual..
the barca i watched can't win PSG with this level of unseriousness, no matter how pained am just happy that the next barca election is near, maybe a new president coming in would dump this boring koeman after this painful defeat and get a new coach and plan some key signings because this isnt the barca i knew as a fan..
the idiots jus spoil my weekend, some days are like dt sha...champions would always bounce back stronger

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by theoneJabulani(m): 12:03am On Jan 18, 2021
ThierryJay:
Barca has a big problem - they have a defence that simply cannot withstand sustained pressure from any decent opposition. This is what is frustrating Messi. How can you not hold on to a lead with only a few minutes to the end of the match against a decent opponent (fine, they beat madrid a few days ago but that should have been a warning to Barca). If Koeman doesn't address this issue drastically, the annual scandalous UCL defeat will be yet another certainty come February or March.

I guess there's always a first time for everything. For Messi, it's his first red card for Barca. It's sad cos he was very active in this game in his playmaking role. Congrats to Bilbao.
paulolee:
this barca self eeh
my guys, take heart

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by ThierryJay: 12:04am On Jan 18, 2021
Barca has a big problem - they have a defence that simply cannot withstand sustained pressure from any decent opposition. This is what is frustrating Messi. How can you not hold on to a lead with only a few minutes to the end of the match against a decent opponent (fine, they beat madrid a few days ago but that should have been a warning to Barca). If Koeman doesn't address this issue drastically, the annual scandalous UCL defeat will be yet another certainty come February or March.

I guess there's always a first time for everything. For Messi, it's his first red card for Barca. It's sad cos he was very active in this game in his playmaking role. Congrats to Bilbao.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by paulolee(m): 12:06am On Jan 18, 2021
theoneJabulani:
my guy take heart
barca had good run of form, won this same bibao 3-2 just 10 days ago and i was jus expecting d idiots to defend for jus few mins make I collect small 19k tomorrow bt dm choose to fall my hand..
, wetin pain me pass na dt inter to win and Liverpool to draw wey don already deliver.....barca are useless abegi, this is not d barca i knew

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by stano2(m): 12:08am On Jan 18, 2021
Nawa
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by theoneJabulani(m): 12:08am On Jan 18, 2021
paulolee:

they had good run of form, was jus expecting d idiots to defend for jus few mins make I collect small 19k tomorrow bt dm fckup, wetin pain me pass na dt inter to win and Liverpool to draw wey don already deliver...barca are useless abegi, this is not d barca i knew
double trouble, Barca broke your heart as a fan and a punter.

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by stano2(m): 12:09am On Jan 18, 2021
Mad oo
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by blinking001(m): 12:09am On Jan 18, 2021
Messi is a fraud

8 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by ELgordo(m): 12:09am On Jan 18, 2021
Ovoko!

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by TreasureTayo(m): 12:09am On Jan 18, 2021
Hmnnnnn
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by obicoolnino: 12:10am On Jan 18, 2021
A
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by kingemaker(m): 12:10am On Jan 18, 2021
I'm not sure this is the first time though. Unless the match I saw then was an Argentine fixture.
But this guy wicked sha, see how he tapped his head grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Deejay1000(m): 12:11am On Jan 18, 2021
Still the GOAT though.
I think he's time has come to leave the club

10 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by cana882(m): 12:11am On Jan 18, 2021
Lol
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Gabe427: 12:11am On Jan 18, 2021
short people and temper
it expected considering his recent frustrations

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by victons(m): 12:11am On Jan 18, 2021
sad
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Nobody: 12:11am On Jan 18, 2021
I be Barca fan wey no dey watch football matches grin
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by King2019(m): 12:12am On Jan 18, 2021
Lmao
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Cousin9999: 12:12am On Jan 18, 2021

6 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by paulolee(m): 12:13am On Jan 18, 2021
theoneJabulani:
double trouble, Barca broke your heart as a fan and a punter.
some days are like dt, dey do win my heart as a fan and a punter too, jus dt barca dis days aint convincing like before..

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by obembet(f): 12:13am On Jan 18, 2021
Lionel Messi woke up feeling dangerous against Athletic Bilbao

-0 goals
-0 assists
-17 times dispossessed
-0 shots on target
-1/5 dribbles completed
-1 Red card

Better than Ronaldo’s son??

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Beverlyjean(f): 12:14am On Jan 18, 2021
Im true colour don de show...I hate pretenders

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by DoctorDree(m): 12:14am On Jan 18, 2021
Legendary continues!!!
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by theoneJabulani(m): 12:15am On Jan 18, 2021
obembet:
M
no come talk here, your Ronaldo also lost at Giuseppe Meazza

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by obonujoker(m): 12:15am On Jan 18, 2021
Messi and Ronaldo have gotten old... All these younger players of today see just after money, no passion....

Imagine Messi dey play football with clowns like braithwaite, de puig etc, and Ronaldo playing with bernadeschi, kulusevski, Ramsey etc, and worse these young guys can't run or juggle the ball

37 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa Builds Sport Centre In Kaduna / Ahmed Musa Buys Mercedes Benz V Class 2019 Zero KM Worth N31m / Lady Slams Mbappe For Not Replying Her DM, Says “I Am Not Your Mate”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.