Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,815 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated (33086 Views)

London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son / Ogidi Youths Flog Man After He Was Filmed Flogging, Boxing, And Kicking His Mom / Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Enugupikin: 9:50am On Jan 18, 2021
Flamemignon1:

Their country, their laws...... If you don't like it, you move
Worthless afonjaa, your opinion is useless
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Mindlog: 9:52am On Jan 18, 2021
shadeyinka:

Isnt that an acceptable means of correction of an offending person?
Then the boy should be sent to a juvenile jail correctional center for rehabilitation.

Uncle e neva dat level nah! cheesy

At the time was beaten, he was 10 years old (now getting to 16) The kid needed to have been taken to go see a child therapist and family therapy sessions will be incorporated in the treatment, na so oyinbo dey do am o. cheesy
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Fvckyouall: 10:02am On Jan 18, 2021
King44:
you are very very very stupid and a idiot for continuously insulting me, you are a product of poor home training.

Who says you can't discipline a child the African way with love but going to the extent of kicking, mutilating etc are not discipline those are pure wickedness and lack of control over ones anger.

So stop being stupid.

and you are a serial child abuser, God let me the day a big mugu like you ever lay hands on my kid in the name of discipline I would make sure you die that day. African mentality ki you would be locked up in jail that's where your kind belongs
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by bravehost4u(m): 10:04am On Jan 18, 2021
Reason for reinstatement not far from shortage of medical personnels as covid hits them badly.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by shadeyinka(m): 10:15am On Jan 18, 2021
Mindlog:

Uncle e neva dat level nah! cheesy

At the time was beaten, he was 10 years old (now getting to 16) The kid needed to have been taken to go see a child therapist and family therapy sessions will be incorporated in the treatment, na so oyinbo dey do am o. cheesy
I was just thinking out of the Box o and thinking of legal alternative to flogging a minor.

This option above will not require extra payment of money. A child therapist will charge the man per hour. LOL!!
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Mindlog: 10:30am On Jan 18, 2021
shadeyinka:

I was just thinking out of the Box o and thinking of legal alternative to flogging a minor.

This option above will not require extra payment of money. A child therapist will charge the man per hour. LOL!!

Yes about £60-£120 per hour, insurance can cover it. To be licensed to practice as a child psychologist in the UK, one most obtain a Doctorate in it and it is not cheap in the UK especially for foreign student as the 3 years Doctoral studies would cost over £100,000.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by drnoel: 10:32am On Jan 18, 2021
Enugupikin:
This is actually ridiculous. They're trying to protect the child but suspended his father who's a bread winner to their home. Won't the child be affected too from the financial downtime?

Words can't explain the hypocrisy of that situation
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Glawrie: 10:40am On Jan 18, 2021
nairavsdollars:
One of the dangers of raising kids abroad and the yeye man is blaming his cultural upbringing here in Nigeria
What do you expect
You want them to suspend him again if he says otherwise?
The man knows the truth within him, he is only saying that to impress the UK government.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Gmajor(m): 10:42am On Jan 18, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see white racial competitors behind this man's suspension, I see them conspiring to pull him down because he's a Nigerian and ahead of them, I see them fighting this case with every penny they have. I see the man not coming back to practice anytime soon. This I have seen.

This wan na mumu analysis.
When in Rome, behave like the Romans
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by ziondaughter247: 11:02am On Jan 18, 2021
amstamon:
The whites and their desperate means of bringing our cultural and moral means of correcting a child to a fault. Imagine the way they tried to exaggerate the whole scenario, like him kicking, blowing, headbutting, and even using a rod as big as a walking stick to beat his child. It could jst be a mare whipping that this people are describing like he literally wanted to kill the child o.
As if we Don die untop the kind lashing Mr etiti (my biology teacher) dey give us for back that year.
Anyways, I don't blame the man, just see the way he's been forced to deny our culture and moral values all in the name of apologies just for him to earn back his lucrative and we'll paid job (I'll do same if I ware in his shoes).
Sebi that boy go soon come naija na, the family members dey wait for am. Na hot bulala go enta him yash.and he dare not try to go report to our naija police because na those wicked and dubious female writer 1 and writer 2 go finish am with beta slap and flogging.

If you don't like it don't move there. The same way they jail women abusers over there. Most Nigerian men have imbibed women abuse and child abuse into their systems, that's why they are thrown in jail once they try shit over there. Them plenty for jail. they think abroad is a jungle like Naija that tolerates their rubbish? See them complaining and ranting on this thread. When they see oyibo, they immediately humble and bow to their feet!
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:12am On Jan 18, 2021
webincomeplus:

So, your parents never flogged you or gave you punishments in the past? Does that make them maniacs, too?
yes ofcourse they did, even upto adulthood (smacking me with their frail hands on very very rarely occasion! 0.01% chance).

Many guys here don't understand the value and importance of good home training. That is why most are cool with taking money that does not belong to them instead of returning to owner (they will instead call it divine supply from God), some others are okay with booze, Yahoo and prostitution as long as it brings money both parents and children.

This is one of the reasons why naija is embroiled in all kinds of crime cover-ups and corruption. When family fails society fails always.

It is in the same family where kids are taught tribalism, nepotism, hatred, religious intolerance at a tender age by stupid parents and guardians
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by 1Sharon(f): 11:19am On Jan 18, 2021
That kid must have gone through hell in the foster home grin
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Tcwork: 11:24am On Jan 18, 2021
King44:
we have a faulty foundation and not a faulty model of raising children in Nigeria (Africa in general), the foundation on which the country (Nigeria) was built is faulty, the constitution which uphold the country is faulty now imagine pouring pure water in a dirty container what would you get?

There is no reasonable numbers of upright people you could possibly ship from other so called less corrupt nation into this our nation and everything would change and become sane, two things would happen is either they join them or go back.

Those people who are corrupt and tuning this country upside down could have been upright from the start but because they find themselves in a situation whereby they are surrounded by crooks who were not booted into shape when they were young they had to fall in and do all they do just to conform.

Some of those our so called leaders in Nigeria were raised without conscience... Whether you flog or not a child who would steal and loot the treasury one day would surely do it... Parenting style can't change that... It only depends on how strong will such person/child after absorbing any training that is available to him.

Do you think if those leaders you said they are less corrupt in other countries find themselves in Nigeria they won't steal?... Their constitution or law is the thing holding them back but still they steal but they don't do it blindly like it's being done here.

Example Trump... I can bet that he was raised without being flogged and he was raised with abundance of money does that stop him from being a dick head?

Child character modification is different from discipline. Best case scenario you discipline and instill uprightness in them... Two different things but they go hands in hands

Either you use the rod and modify their character at the same time or you don't beat and also modify it when needed.
Nigeria is actually a product of its people. Would you blame our foundation for the incredible number of yahoo boys, cultist and corrupt youths on our streets?
Your opinion on trump is very personal. About 48% of Americans voted for him. Probably you know something they don't know but that is up to you. And that is a topic for another day.
Now let me ask you and please be honest with your answer. In what ways are nigerian trained kids better than UK trained kids? Again how to we prove that the centuries of flogging has shaped africa for the better? You added that flogging a child wouldn't prevent him from stealing in the future so why flog him in the first place.
Also don't you think we can do better than our primitive ancestors? Evolution has made us much more intelligent than them. How can we still depend on their methods men centuries over? Africa really has to much work to do.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Litmus: 11:25am On Jan 18, 2021
Mindlog:
What has Nigeria benefitted from the beatings majority of Nigerians received during their childhood...... the beatings like drums, like criminals.....attempted murder?

Has the beatings made majority of Nigerians trustworthy in personal life and business?

Has it infused ethical thinking in us?

Did the beatings nurture aggressiveness, where it so very easy to lash out verbally and physically?

For those who have read classics like The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, David Copperfield, The story of the bad little boy, Oliver Twist etc going through those books, one would notice that severe beating of children at home and at school with hands and objects was a normal way of life back then among Caucasians but their methods of punishment have evolved over the centuries.

Some of the most disciplined, educated and enterprising people in all of Africa and the world; if there is a god, by creating pain, he/she endorses beating, biting, nipping and pecking of the young as means of instilling discipline and consequently their survival .
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by 1Sharon(f): 11:26am On Jan 18, 2021
Tcwork:

Nigeria is actually a product of its people. Would you blame our foundation for the incredible number of yahoo boys, cultist and corrupt youths on our streets?
Your opinion on trump is very personal. About 48% of Americans voted for him. Probably you know something they don't know but that is up to you. And that is a topic for another day.
Now let me ask you and please be honest with your answer. In what ways are nigerian trained kids better than UK trained kids? Again how to we prove that the centuries of flogging has shaped africa for the better?

Tbh, they're only good in respecting elders. That's about it.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by 1Sharon(f): 11:31am On Jan 18, 2021
SAMBARRY:
parenting in nigeria is obviously not perfect.parents are failing in their duties and it's obvious but at least culture and some little level of sanity draws them back to their senses but there, once a child is Wild Na only God and nothing else

What sanity?

There is no successful black nation!
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Tcwork: 11:34am On Jan 18, 2021
1Sharon:

Tbh, they're only good in respecting elders. That's about it.
True but it's a useless respect that makes someone like yoweri museveni continue to rule unchallenged

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Litmus: 11:45am On Jan 18, 2021
1Sharon:

What sanity?

There is no successful black nation!

Success isn’t measured in nationhood, trinkets, buildings, or machines but in human survival.Try to resists letting your personal biases and prejudices limit your understanding of things. Culture and traditions are arguably better tools for human survival than nations.

Besides of this, you’d be dishonest or limited intellectually if you build a grand mansion in some new community of man and then proceeded to crate the measurement for success in that community based on mansion building. You'd be somewhat narcissistic too-white peoples greatest conceit.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Tango123: 12:23pm On Jan 18, 2021
Mindlog:

I never posted that foster care is the best option for a child because I recognise the abuse children go through in the system, I merely referred to what was written in the original post.

I know am going to work with kids like the Doctor's son as I am heading there in a couple of months to pursue my specialty in Clinical Child Psychology and in the future may be involved in assessments and providing psychosupport for kids in the foster care system.

Fantastic career. Welldone

Sorry it seemed i misunderstood you
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Mindlog: 12:28pm On Jan 18, 2021
Tango123:

Fantastic career. Welldone

Sorry it seemed i misunderstood you

Thanks.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Godpikin4real(f): 12:32pm On Jan 18, 2021
I alwayz say "May God Neva give me any child I can't discipline canewise. Even d bible admonished dat". I go use cane reset their destiny.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by NairalandSARS: 12:54pm On Jan 18, 2021
Enugupikin:
This is actually ridiculous. They're trying to protect the child but suspended his father who's a bread winner to their home. Won't the child be affected too from the financial downtime?
He moved to Nigeria and has been working in an orthopaedic hospital...
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by shadeyinka(m): 1:25pm On Jan 18, 2021
Mindlog:

Yes about £60-£120 per hour, insurance can cover it. To be licensed to practice as a child psychologist in the UK, one most obtain a Doctorate in it and it is not cheap in the UK especially for foreign student as the 3 years Doctoral studies would cost over £100,000.
You see why making it a police case could be less stressful on the pocket!
It's less stressful to live in Nigeria o! A First degree in Nigeria is the prerequisite for relocation of my children to some of this first world countries
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by bukatyne(f): 1:29pm On Jan 18, 2021
Hangulsaram:
And it’s now that they needed health workers due to covid 19 that they are reinstating him. See British and sense.

When you have the Yan and knife, you don't shout
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by 1Sharon(f): 1:30pm On Jan 18, 2021
Litmus:

Success isn’t measured in nationhood, trinkets, buildings, or machines but in human survival.Try to resists letting your personal biases and prejudices limit your understanding of things. Culture and traditions are arguably better tools for human survival than nations.

Besides of this, you’d be dishonest or limited intellectually if you build a grand mansion in some new community of man and then proceeded to crate the measurement for success in that community based on mansion building. You'd be somewhat narcissistic too-white peoples greatest conceit.

Human survival you say? What is the life- expectancy in sub Saharan African countries Vs the west?
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 18, 2021
1Sharon:

Human survival you say? What is the life- expectancy in sub Saharan African countries Vs the west?
Are you a white supremacist
Do you agree that being an African makes your brain useless?
If you agree that your brain is useless,then you really have issues.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Originalsly: 1:58pm On Jan 18, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Doctor which training did u give your son that made him behave like a maniac before the flogging?

If u give your son proper home training, he will not go about behaving like a demon.

Modified:

See them rushing to quote me without understanding, I am not against the correction (flogging).

My grouse is with the behavior of the boy before the flogging. The doctor was not doing his duty as a father by giving the boy proper home training hence the misbehavior.

It is these kind of children that will be molesting and bullying other kids in boarding school here in Nigeria.

I agree with you 100%. I guess spoilt kid when younger... and now want to enforce discipline. Too late... parents fault.
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by SAMBARRY: 2:18pm On Jan 18, 2021
Livefreeordieha:
its worse nowadays they openly commit crimes whilst taunting u to call the cops because my brother they know the cops will do nothing.. no juvenile correctional centres.. in uk and Ireland it’s a competition among teens how many convictions they have before they turn 18 .. little wonder u saw naira Marley bragging about his teen convictions not that he was actually incarcerated..it’s bad here bro trust me only God can help ..that is why even if commuting it’s bad because of my kids I stay far away from the city always and stay in highbrow areas in suburbs.. I have lived my life now I’m sacrificing for my kids I’d rather not av kids at all in life than to av deviants and useless children..

https://m.herald.ie/news/mums-padded-jacket-saved-her-as-she-fought-knife-attack-teens-39979200.html

That link is from Friday read it and understand what goes on here daily but to those in the city and who let children self raise themselves like goats/hens

exactly and some twisted psychotic enabling parents were entering my mentions justifying rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Livefreeordieha(m): 2:22pm On Jan 18, 2021
SAMBARRY:
exactly and some twisted psychotic enabling parents were entering my mentions justifying rubbish
needless to bother a lot of people are melancholic nowadays they can adulate themselves and vilify everyone and everything else .. there’s always someone to blame for their dysfunctional lifestyle and self serving existence..ignore them before they tamper with ur sanity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by SAMBARRY: 2:24pm On Jan 18, 2021
Livefreeordieha:
needless to bother a lot of people are melancholic nowadays they can adulate themselves and vilify everyone and everything else .. there’s always someone to blame for their dysfunctional lifestyle and self serving existence..ignore them before they tamper with ur sanity.
of course.no wonder everywhere you see teenagers that lack character, wisdom,sense.all they want to do is smoke weed all day and do sex parties and orgy

Tuehhhhh

Enter Instagram you'll see parents raising their kids to be hoes and calling it "all fun"

When the child stat manifesting the seeds you have sown in him as a parent, they'll enter Social Media and start looking for advice from strangers and people that will mock them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Livefreeordieha(m): 2:42pm On Jan 18, 2021
SAMBARRY:
of course.no wonder everywhere you see teenagers that lack character, wisdom,sense.all they want to do is smoke weed all day and do sex parties and orgy

Tuehhhhh

Enter Instagram you'll see parents raising their kids to be hoes and calling it "all fun"

When the child stat manifesting the seeds you have sown in him as a parent, they'll enter Social Media and start looking for advice from strangers and people that will mock them
i’m beginning to like u already u seem to share some of my values ..God will continue to lead , guide, guard and direct ur path u will not raise kids that will bring u reproach..
Re: Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated by Mindlog: 3:05pm On Jan 18, 2021
shadeyinka:

You see why making it a police case could be less stressful on the pocket!
It's less stressful to live in Nigeria o! A First degree in Nigeria is the prerequisite for relocation of my children to some of this first world countries

See as you wan cut cost! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Tattoos His Late Mother's Face In His Hand (Photos) / Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? / Lady Dies Four Weeks After Graduation And Few Months To Her Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.