Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

The Sad Story Of David Ntekim Rex, Young Nigerian IT Prodigy Killed By Robbers - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Sad Story Of David Ntekim Rex, Young Nigerian IT Prodigy Killed By Robbers (446 Views)

10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes / Abia Polytechnic Lecturer Killed By Car Carrying Iron Gate (Graphic Pics) / Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sad Story Of David Ntekim Rex, Young Nigerian IT Prodigy Killed By Robbers by campustrends: 7:11am On Jan 18, 2021
www.bubblereports.com

A young Nigerian IT prodigy, David Ntekim Rex was shot by robbers in Lagos on Friday .

David, 23, was attacked in Jibowu, Lagos State, around 8 p.m, as he was returning home.

According to gathered reports, David Ntekim Rex is the second son of his parents, after his attack the police were alerted but they allegedly watched as he bled to death while profiling him.

Even after he was rushed to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, doctors refused to take any action until they later pronounced him dead on arrival.

A Cousin to the deceased, Roy Mustang broke the news to Twitter on Sunday.

My ‘auntie’ has three sons. She’s always crazy about them. The middle child, David, is the most promising. He’s a tech guy; very young, very brilliant. David was on his was home on Friday night when he was robbed, shot and killed around Jibowu. Please say a prayer for my aunt.

David got shot around 8 p.m. The police were called, David hadn’t died yet. The Nigerian police stood and watched as he gasped for air. They took pictures instead, and were more concerned with why he – a tech guy- was carrying a laptop. Nigeria failed you, David.

The police then took david and his family to Sabo, where they looked for the laptop that he had on him instead of giving them a police report. The police officers were drunk and kept being unreasonable. He was finally released to his family, and they got to LUTH around 12:30am.

David wasn’t attended to by the doctors at LUTH. He was there till the family was convinced he couldn’t be alive because he had no pulse. The doctors refused to administer any test to see if he was alive.

This is someone that was in the process of interning with Microsoft. He even had an interview with the south Africa office. I’m broken.

I just left Mrs. Ntekim-Rex. I don’t think it has fully hit her what just happened. She’s still in shock.

David in 2018 as a computer engineering student at the University of Lagos emerged second in the annual “Master the Mainframe” competition, organized by AngelHack, a global hackathon company and the IBM Z Academic Initiative, aged 19 then.

The first position in the Middle East and African region went to 21 year old Salisu Ali of Bayero University in Kano.

The two Nigerians were also among the top 12 finalists globally.

Both students’ entries, according to the judges, showcased innovation and their clear understanding of software security and utility principles, two key attributes of mainframe systems.

The other 10 finalists were from Brazil, Germany, India, Japan, Nepal and the USA.

For more details and pictures visit the source: https://bubblereports.com/the-sad-story-of-david-ntekim-rex-young-nigerian-it-prodigy-killed-by-robbers-in-lagos/#.YAUl2HZKiUk
Re: The Sad Story Of David Ntekim Rex, Young Nigerian IT Prodigy Killed By Robbers by YoonSung79: 7:12am On Jan 18, 2021
Chai! God have mercy
Re: The Sad Story Of David Ntekim Rex, Young Nigerian IT Prodigy Killed By Robbers by gasparpisciotta: 7:35am On Jan 18, 2021
Tears almost in my eyes...so sad
Re: The Sad Story Of David Ntekim Rex, Young Nigerian IT Prodigy Killed By Robbers by ahnie: 7:36am On Jan 18, 2021
This con3 is really in a mess
Re: The Sad Story Of David Ntekim Rex, Young Nigerian IT Prodigy Killed By Robbers by Brunicekid(m): 4:22pm On Jan 18, 2021
Oh God, this is TRAGIC!!!

(1) (Reply)

The Word You Speak / Undiluted Coconut Oil 100%pure / Open Grazing Threat To Environment, Security - Northern Youth Leaders Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.