Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Why Verifying Your Car Customs Paper Is Important Even If It's A Used Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Verifying Your Car Customs Paper Is Important Even If It's A Used Car (2373 Views)

Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? / Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? / How To Inspect A Used Car Before Buying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Verifying Your Car Customs Paper Is Important Even If It's A Used Car by promotervickky(m): 11:22am On Jan 18, 2021
Over the year I have come across quite number of stories and experiences from people getting their Car without Custom papers most of them their Car Custom paper was nowhere to be found.

As we well know Custom papers is one of the Critical aspect of importing a Car, getting a Car without a Custom is a Dead Bargain

This prompted me to deliver this little fit for the best purposes....

If you read this article to the End I'll get you informed on Few Cabin Buscuits why you must Carry out a Proper Custom Paper Verification, even after buying a Car especially if it's registered.

You must be aware of some critical Buscuits when you are about paying for a Vehicle even if you meet the seller on Instagram or even a source from a relative or friend.

I once had this particular client who was intending to buy a 2017 Toyota Highlander for his wife, he got the communique from the wife. When we checked the Custom Verification we found out it was a duplicated ViN; this simply means that it was formulated by someone behind the dealership.

Another Shocking thing is that the source bought same series and found out it was a fake(Probably Duplicated).

This is just a little matter compared to the ones out there….if you seek you will find.

The First Busicuit you must realise is that there are many Cars Plying the Nigerian road, and sitting in dealerships without Custom Duties, some are even underpaid.

The Second Buscuit is that you must understand is that Cars are still coming in from Contonou despite the Border Closure. How they get this done is still pretty shocking to me…...

The 3rd Buscuit is that Custom Papers can be digitally reproduced using another Custom papers from another Car. This is done and orchestrated by some Clearing Agents and Dealers.

The most common cause is that Most Dealers are just out there to sell their Cars; most of them ofcourse are just Company Workers or Middlemen who know little about the Car History or how it was imported.

Still on Registered Cars…..i had a contact with someone who bought a Registered Honda Car from a dealer to ask if I can help fizzle out the Custom papers. The dealer said he misplaced the custom papers in their office; I saw that as a Green Lie!

Moving forward Driving a Car out of your base to another State without a Valid Custom paper is daring.

In some instances, I have heard of Stories of VIN number being Replaced. These are quite some inner secrets being hidden…...you Should proper Verify the Custom Duty.

And really you don't want to visit any Custom Office, there you jam lots of seized cars especially the Government specifics!

The Conclusion of it is that a Large number of people buying Registered Cars without asking of the Custom Papers are many on the Terrain.

Cars which are really save to buy are from Coscharies and the other Populars. But also some viable dealerships still exist, but ensure you Check the Custom Duty regardless of the reputation of the person selling.

Imported Cars are the most cautious, do the needful, feel free to drop a comment and also share with known reputable dealers and friends.

Re: Why Verifying Your Car Customs Paper Is Important Even If It's A Used Car by promotervickky(m): 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2021
Read and be informed
Re: Why Verifying Your Car Customs Paper Is Important Even If It's A Used Car by promotervickky(m): 7:38am On Jan 19, 2021
Juliet
Re: Why Verifying Your Car Customs Paper Is Important Even If It's A Used Car by promotervickky(m): 9:14am On Jan 27, 2021
wink
Re: Why Verifying Your Car Customs Paper Is Important Even If It's A Used Car by Ballack1(m): 3:42am On Jan 28, 2021
How do you know if the custom paper given to you is original or fake?
Is it possible to clear and imported car yourself without third party involvement ?
Re: Why Verifying Your Car Customs Paper Is Important Even If It's A Used Car by promotervickky(m): 9:41am On Jan 28, 2021
Ballack1:
How do you know if the custom paper given to you is original or fake?
Is it possible to clear and imported car yourself without third party involvement ?

The only way to know if a custom paper is fake is to run a Verification with Custom.

Yes you can import the cars without third party....I have a book that will teach you how to import cars...its sold for 10,000naira
Re: Why Verifying Your Car Customs Paper Is Important Even If It's A Used Car by Ballack1(m): 1:08pm On Jan 28, 2021
[quote author=promotervickky post=98514976]

The only way to know if a custom paper is fake is to run a Verification with Custom.

Yes you can import the cars without third party....I have a book that will teach you how to import cars...its sold for 10,000naira
Habaa

1 Like

Re: Why Verifying Your Car Customs Paper Is Important Even If It's A Used Car by promotervickky(m): 1:44pm On Feb 02, 2021
Good afternoon Viewers
Re: Why Verifying Your Car Customs Paper Is Important Even If It's A Used Car by Dozieson(m): 9:04am On Feb 04, 2021
promotervickky:
Good afternoon Viewers

Hi, How much is VIN check? can it confirm how the entered Nigeria? either through port or contonou?
what details must be provided for it?
Re: Why Verifying Your Car Customs Paper Is Important Even If It's A Used Car by promotervickky(m): 10:05am On Feb 04, 2021
Dozieson:

Hi, How much is VIN check? can it confirm how the entered Nigeria? either through port or contonou?
what details must be provided for it?

ViNcheck is 3k, yes it can confirm it. Just send the chassis number which is found in the driver door or front of the wheel screen. WhatsApp 09021483920

1 Like

Re: Why Verifying Your Car Customs Paper Is Important Even If It's A Used Car by BestTrades: 6:24am On Mar 08, 2023
Re: Why Verifying Your Car Customs Paper Is Important Even If It's A Used Car by BestTrades: 6:19am On May 08, 2023
Re: Why Verifying Your Car Customs Paper Is Important Even If It's A Used Car by BestTrades: 6:15am On Jul 04, 2023

To check vin of any car.

For comprehensive vehicle history report .

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

For Retrieval Of Lost Custom Duty

https://verifyithq.com/lost-customs-papers/

For Custom Duty Verification ..
https://verifyithq.com/services/customs-duty-verification/

Re: Why Verifying Your Car Customs Paper Is Important Even If It's A Used Car by BestTrades: 11:29am On Jul 10, 2023
Re: Why Verifying Your Car Customs Paper Is Important Even If It's A Used Car by BestTrades: 6:35pm On Jul 18, 2023

(1) (Reply)

2008 Camry 3.5 XLE Port Harcourt / Brake Light Indication On My Dashboard. / Ford F150 Gearbox Problem: Advice Needed Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.