Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? (36114 Views)

Between "Barbing And Phone Repair" Which One Is More Lucrative To Learn / Radiography Vs Pharmacy. Which Is More Lucrative / Pharmacy Vs Nursing: Which Is More Lucrative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by hustla(m): 3:10pm On Jan 20, 2021
SultanM:
I just finished secondary school with a good waec result, I just want to hear from a Nigerian point of view. I have Pharmacy and Architecture on my mind, please house which one is more lucrative in Nigeria?

Don't waste your time or Your life, sign up for Udemy and use 3,500 to pay for courses as in below

Just go and learn Devops and Cloud computing - pay attention to coding, Javascript and Python

AWS and Azure as Cloud platforms
Javascript and Python as Coding languages to learn

Sabi all the above in depth and you'll thank me in the future

Also, endeavour to look for ways to japa, Nigeria no fit help

You go make money wey be say your Papa no go fit do family meeting without you

grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by illicit(m): 3:10pm On Jan 20, 2021
Forestry and banditry....

1 Like

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by nervegasfarts: 3:10pm On Jan 20, 2021
None!!.

Did someone say computer science? Or medicine?

So, join boko haram, or Ipob, or bakassi boys and wait for your amnesty payday. The govt will not only sponsor you to Russia for studies, they will give your cronies billions, free!!

You end up better educated than you would in a Nigerian University, and you and your cronies can either continue to demand more or float businesses you would not otherwise dream of. Same said 9ja govt will become your customers!

When you become 40, you enter politics and join the senate, or become a governor, and the looting continues.

Meanwhile your mates in computer science and medicine that entered uni normally never graduate due to strikes. If they did, they are still looking for employment after nysc.

Hope you catch my drift Sha? If you can't leave this country now, don't delude yourself!

1 Like

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Vlain: 3:11pm On Jan 20, 2021
SultanM:
I just finished secondary school with a good waec result, I just want to hear from a Nigerian point of view. I have Pharmacy and Architecture on my mind, please house which one is more lucrative in Nigeria?

I will say computer science cos Ur ability to get job is not dependent on the Nigeria labour market but in the global labour market. U can work remotely for any company in the world right here in Nigeria and get paid in dollar.plus it is estimated that the next millionaire and billionaire in the next 5 years will come from software engineers. Not surprised anyway cos the future is tech and will always remain tech.

Not to discourage U tho. U can study that pharmacy come out with a 1st result and still be roaming nigeria for years just to even secure ordinary 50k job.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by 44Bulldog(m): 3:11pm On Jan 20, 2021
Unfortunately no course undecided

Because you may still end up jobless, just go for whatever course u love, com out with good grades and pray for God's mercy..... Nigeria isn't worth it

The earlier you realize, the better

That's just the bitter truth... ain't no saddist cool
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Iykeabc(m): 3:11pm On Jan 20, 2021
Psychology
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Primusinterpares(m): 3:12pm On Jan 20, 2021
Omofloflo:
when everything is now computerised
Electromechanical is more like the bridge you have knowledge in electronics n mechanical... Computer won't make the machines work... Programing simply gives control to the machines... The industry will forever be in need of mechanical and electrical engineers... imagine being both... the opportunities becomes endless

1 Like

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by CzarChris(m): 3:13pm On Jan 20, 2021
SultanM:
Go join HK Yahoo Yahoo dey pay pass white now o.

Jokes apart go study any Maritime related course.
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Rubbiish(m): 3:13pm On Jan 20, 2021
SultanM:
Go for pharmacy Oo
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by sunzie(m): 3:13pm On Jan 20, 2021
All courses are actually lucrative if your definition is by way of making money. However, it depends on how much value you can offer with the course you have read.
www.digitalwall.com.ng - for your course materials.
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by stupidmod2: 3:14pm On Jan 20, 2021
fucknology
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Genea(f): 3:14pm On Jan 20, 2021
Primusinterpares:
habaaaaa ... Y d don't try it Have you seen a registered nurse not doing well(
i quoted the microbiology advice... Many mcb are in finance now cause no future in it

3 Likes

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Evii: 3:15pm On Jan 20, 2021
Electrical/Electronic Engineering, mechanical engineering or other engineering course but ensure you've a very good and outstanding GP

1 Like

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by LongNipple(m): 3:16pm On Jan 20, 2021
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by jansonn(m): 3:16pm On Jan 20, 2021
Read nursing!! Read nursing ooo, you'd thank me later

1 Like

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by OJURONGBE1(m): 3:17pm On Jan 20, 2021
Medicine (Best route to seek for greener pastures overseas)
Nursing (Easy route to seek for greener pastures overseas)
Computer/Electrical Engineering
Business Management /Finance
Economics (enrol for CFA)
Accounting (enrol for ATS/ ICAN)
Social works/ Peace & Conflict studies/Foreign language (French & Mandarin) high in demand for expatriates, United Nations, African Union, ECOWAS ,WHO and some international NGO'S.
These are marketable courses that can give you a shot at decent life after youth service but your grade ( First class & Strong Upper class degree) ,
age (below 27) after graduation matters.
I wish you all the best.

6 Likes

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by GeneralPula: 3:17pm On Jan 20, 2021
Lucrative or not, Just make sure you’re finding money..
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by LongNipple(m): 3:18pm On Jan 20, 2021
dalexy101037:
Nursing ...

In this Nigeria, No Sir.
In Western Countries, YES Sir
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by nizetee: 3:19pm On Jan 20, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Computer science anyday anytime twice on Wednesday

You can be a programmer...

If programming nor work
Then bombing will be easy for you... or you can do the two simultaneously or rather concurrently
That is my programming room....first picture
And the second picture is my satum( inner room where you bomb and huzzle)
I only use my MacBook pro for bombing...

Pls how can I also be a bomber man. I need to avenge what those whites did to our forefathers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Primusinterpares(m): 3:20pm On Jan 20, 2021
Genea:
i quoted the microbiology advice... Many mcb are in finance now cause no future in it
With the pandemic outbreak I see a bright future for microbiologist or may be nano biologist. Cause research centers will sprung out and Vaccine and immunity institute will start emerging. Sop there is light at the end for microbiologist.

Also statistics and data analysis will be a lucrative one too since the world is going data with the introduction of 5G, etc

2 Likes

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:20pm On Jan 20, 2021
hustla:

Don't waste your time or Your life, sign up for Udemy and use 3,500 to pay for courses as in below

Just go and learn Devops and Cloud computing - pay attention to coding, Javascript and Python

AWS and Azure as Cloud platforms
Javascript and Python as Coding languages to learn

Sabi all the above in depth and you'll thank me in the future

Also, endeavour to look for ways to japa, Nigeria no fit help

You go make money wey be say your Papa no go fit do family meeting without you

grin

You still need a degree for a work visa sponsorship. Except its remote jobs and Nigerian companies its best to get that degree o.
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by LongNipple(m): 3:20pm On Jan 20, 2021
I studied and graduated with a B.Sc in Geography And Planning....Waste of time.

2 Likes

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Blessedchild24(m): 3:20pm On Jan 20, 2021
Economics

1 Like

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by lexy2014: 3:21pm On Jan 20, 2021
pafra:
Medicine is a course that is very lucrative in Nigeria and other countries of the world because of the high demand.

Lucrawetin?
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by optimusprime2(m): 3:22pm On Jan 20, 2021
Zeinymira:
Forestry.
Library Information Science.
Science Laboratory Technology.
Horiculture.
Soil Science.
Crop production and physiology.
Aquaculture and fishery management.

grin

1 Like

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Primase: 3:22pm On Jan 20, 2021
bizme:
Pharmacy

It is difficult to know if by lucrative you mean the profession that brings in good salary on the average. And if you also factor in the ease of getting a job postgraduation. Between Pharmacy and Architecture cited by you, Pharmacy is clearly the better choice here. But you also need to consider the possibility of you getting an admission to study pharmacy being a very highly competitive course to study at the moment. It is also not so easy to study Pharmacy, it's a course tough as a nail.

Now if you consider the prospects looking at the business dimension; averagely Pharmacy is still supremely better than Architecture in Nigeria.

However, before you make a final choice between the two I will encourage you to interact with practicing pharmacists from different areas of their practice, and practicing architects. Feel free to ask questions, you are about making a life-long decision and there are simply no questions too stupid to ask.

I wish you good luck, and if you eventually choose to study pharmacy and you successfully do so, I am going to be glad to welcome you to the honorable club.
What is the salary of a pharmacist?
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Roadsidetaylaw(m): 3:22pm On Jan 20, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Computer science anyday anytime twice on Wednesday

You can be a programmer...

If programming nor work
Then bombing will be easy for you... or you can do the two simultaneously or rather concurrently
That is my programming room....first picture
And the second picture is my satum( inner room where you bomb and huzzle)
I only use my MacBook pro for bombing...

Bros so u dey drink holandia after u go say real niggar no deu drink all does things

1 Like

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Paulianfa(m): 3:22pm On Jan 20, 2021
Cowology
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Jimmy231: 3:22pm On Jan 20, 2021
missiret:

, ki la ask, kini n wi
kilaju kilari
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Goodzinny: 3:23pm On Jan 20, 2021
Go for pharmacy. You can be self employed and be an employer if you can't find a job. Though there are jobs out there for pharmacy. Remove architecture from your mind. There are other courses that can do what an architect can do such as building engineering and civil engineering both in the uni and poly. You can see that the area is flooded. Again you will always depend on people unlike pharmacy where people will always depend on you. Good luck as you make your choice.

2 Likes

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by lexy2014: 3:23pm On Jan 20, 2021
Primusinterpares:
With the pandemic outbreak I see a bright future for microbiologist or may be nano biologist. Cause research centers will sprung out and Vaccine and immunity institute will start emerging. Sop there is light at the end for microbiologist.

Also statistics and data analysis will be a lucrative one too since the world is going data with the introduction of 5G, etc

Corona is more than 1year. Why d research centres never spring up since?

2 Likes

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Primase: 3:24pm On Jan 20, 2021
Genea:
cheesy cheesy don’t try it

Why?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria / Beautiful Gallant Police Officer Trends On Facebook With Birthday Photos / Resigned After 2 Days, See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.