Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? (36161 Views)

Between "Barbing And Phone Repair" Which One Is More Lucrative To Learn / Radiography Vs Pharmacy. Which Is More Lucrative / Pharmacy Vs Nursing: Which Is More Lucrative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Primase: 4:10pm On Jan 20, 2021
giftiy:

With the way things are going i always advice people to go for a course that, when you fail to get a good
job, you can start some thing on your own.
i feel the Pharmacy is cool,but you must be serious to be able to graduate so they don't through you to chemistry or Botany after
first year. with the certificate and licence from Pharmacy you can open up a small store with drugs and you expand and forget about being employed by the Government.
Good Luck

Good advice!

@OP listen to this guy.
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by SPLENDID25(m): 4:11pm On Jan 20, 2021
lucky4west:
no course is lucrative, read and strive to get good grades to satisfy your conscience and your folks for their investments, read any course you like( for naija we have seen graduates in medicine and other high sounding courses do menial jobs for survival while peeps who study French, linguistics, history etc excelling in big jobs and organizations)...this is not to down grade or look down on any course...success in life depends on myriad factors: the grace and favor of God, connections and ur hustling spirit/energy etc...even if u study Bet9ja and u are good in forecasting u go hammer b4 who go school....
had it been dem de study bet9ja, even if na 30years e go take before i graduate, i go study am.

1 Like

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Seyzcham91(m): 4:11pm On Jan 20, 2021
Absolutely No Course as far as Naija is concern now

Best course for your personal self is "Hustle course plus Smart Work"
ejighikemeuwa:
please there's no lucrative course in Nigeria as it stands now until fulani get out of the way.
they don't allow the indigenous people of north to go to school, they put in them that western education is evil (boko haram), and that is their program for every indigenous people of Nigeria. That's why they rubbish professionalism in Nigeria.

That's why they made them self slave masters to our politicians all over the nation, so:

FULANI MUST GO
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by bluefilm: 4:11pm On Jan 20, 2021
SultanM:
I just finished secondary school with a good waec result, I just want to hear from a Nigerian point of view. I have Pharmacy and Architecture on my mind, please house which one is more lucrative in Nigeria?

German.
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 20, 2021
Go and learn work is the most lucrative word in nigeria
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 20, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Computer science anyday anytime twice on Wednesday

You can be a programmer...

If programming nor work
Then bombing will be easy for you... or you can do the two simultaneously or rather concurrently
That is my programming room....first picture
And the second picture is my satum( inner room where you bomb and huzzle)
I only use my MacBook pro for bombing...

I see why someone was claiming you are a Yahoo boy on nairaland...lol
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by yusman14(m): 4:19pm On Jan 20, 2021
Ikjosh04:

@sultanM this is the perfect advice.

The future is Tech and udemy has everything you need to learn the skills to excel in your chosen field.

In addition, if you don't like programming, learn(via udemy and YouTube) 2d animation, motion graphics, games Interactivity and if you must go to the Nigeria university, choose Futa and apply for Bsc cybersecurity.

Do any of this options and your future is secured.
Hello sir..I just bought some udemy courses..do you have a trick on how to download the videos for offline view?
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Dagenius53: 4:20pm On Jan 20, 2021
Adult education studies.
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by kareemkamil(m): 4:21pm On Jan 20, 2021
Yahoo Yahoo
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by brandsoncharlie: 4:24pm On Jan 20, 2021
naijadrivablog:
Aside Medicine and surgery and LUCKY engineering graduates, others na God or who you know go make the difference
Architect are making it big time too if you are good.
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Dorlarphor10: 4:25pm On Jan 20, 2021
bizme:
Pharmacy

It is difficult to know if by lucrative you mean the profession that brings in good salary on the average. And if you also factor in the ease of getting a job postgraduation. Between Pharmacy and Architecture cited by you, Pharmacy is clearly the better choice here. But you also need to consider the possibility of you getting an admission to study pharmacy being a very highly competitive course to study at the moment. It is also not so easy to study Pharmacy, it's a course tough as a nail.

Now if you consider the prospects looking at the business dimension; averagely Pharmacy is still supremely better than Architecture in Nigeria.

However, before you make a final choice between the two I will encourage you to interact with practicing pharmacists from different areas of their practice, and practicing architects. Feel free to ask questions, you are about making a life-long decision and there are simply no questions too stupid to ask.

I wish you good luck, and if you eventually choose to study pharmacy and you successfully do so, I am going to be glad to welcome you to the honorable club.

Now, whichever you eventually choose between the two make sure you develop an IT skill. I will recommend Python programming. IT is both the currency of the present and of the foreseeable future. I am into programming too and the money I have made from working in IT-like area is more than 10 to 50 times the total amount I have made from traditional practice as a pharmacist.

If I may ask, please what are you doing with Python
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 20, 2021
It is always a good habit to read well what you are reacting to.

"There is no such thing as the "salary of a pharmacist". It eventually depends on the area of practice: hospital, industry, retail pharmacy, regulatory affairs, academia and research. Intern pharmacists (before they go on NYSC) should expect to collect between N100,000 and N150,000 monthly. But the money in pharmacy is in the business area of the practice even though you may expect to take anything above N500,000 monthly after few years working with pharmaceutical industries."

It will be a good idea if you read my response again before going wild with insinuations you didn't get from my words. Besides, if you felt you knew the answer to the question why must you waste my time in the first place?

I cannot argue with you and you know why? I am a pharmacist with years of experience, and you are apparently not. I discuss from a position of knowledge and working experience, you from the presumption of ignorance and yet you feel the need to attack something you don't know about. The very fact that you asked me what the pharmacist's salary was already would make any pharmacist know you don't know about the field; I didn't know you were going a simple answer into something you would label Tall dream just because you lacked the right information. I could go on and on literally lecturing you about what kind of remuneration to expect from the different areas of practice in Nigeria, both at the entry level and after different number of years, and in the business sector; but that would constitute a waste of my precious time. You should hold on to your defective belief about my profession, it adds nothing and definitely removes nothing from what we earn.

Lastly, it is very childish of you to try to turn this into an argument of which jobs pay better than pharmacists.

Primase:

Tall dream! No pharmaceutical company pays a pharmacist N500,000 at entry level. We don't even have industries in Nigeria. Recently, they employ them as Medical Representatives and the starting salary is less than ₦150,000 and a good part of the pay will come from meeting sale's target. Biochemistry, Microbiology and Human physiology graduates can be recruited to do the job.

Just like you rightly stated, the money-making opportunity for a pharmacist is in the business area. However, they are in stiff competition with chemists.

I asked this question because the job industry is dynamic and a graduate of Soil science can secure a job in audit firms, get MBA and ICAN and become a tax manager with a mouth-watering salary that even a pharmacist in the hospital or industry will never dream of.

I am a Biochemist and I work in a beverage company here in Nigeria and my annual salary and allowances is close to 10 million and I have just 1-year experience.

That is why big multinationals do not ask you field-based questions during job aptitude test. Your Quantitative, Verbal, Numerical and Abstract reasoning skills are tested because that is a true test of intelligence.

Even a chief pharmacist in the hospital doesn't come close to a management trainee in a good organization (who may have studied Agronomy with 2.1) in terms of salary.

It all boils down to being exceptional at whatever you do and making good use of every opportunity.

No course is more lucrative than the other.

3 Likes

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by hustla(m): 4:32pm On Jan 20, 2021
yusman14:
Is udemy good for beginners?..I just started learning python

Yes, top rated courses tho

1 Like

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 20, 2021
I write codes for analyzing research data.

Dorlarphor10:

If I may ask, please what are you doing with Python

1 Like

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by hustla(m): 4:33pm On Jan 20, 2021
GrandFinale2021:
but it's so hard to learn

If it was easy, every fool would be doing it innit?

wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by hustla(m): 4:34pm On Jan 20, 2021
Ikjosh04:

@sultanM this is the perfect advice.

The future is Tech and udemy has everything you need to learn the skills to excel in your chosen field.

In addition, if you don't like programming, learn(via udemy and YouTube) 2d animation, motion graphics, games Interactivity and if you must go to the Nigeria university, choose Futa and apply for Bsc cybersecurity.

Do any of this options and your future is secured.

FUTA has Bsc Cybersecurity
shocked shocked

I hope its not old school nonsense they're teaching them though
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by BigDawsNet: 4:34pm On Jan 20, 2021
Computer Science
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Burgerlomo: 4:38pm On Jan 20, 2021
missiret:

, ki la ask, kini n wi

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Obascoetubi: 4:40pm On Jan 20, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Computer science anyday anytime twice on Wednesday

You can be a programmer...

If programming nor work
Then bombing will be easy for you... or you can do the two simultaneously or rather concurrently
That is my programming room....first picture
And the second picture is my satum( inner room where you bomb and huzzle)
I only use my MacBook pro for bombing...
WHA IS BOMBING?
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Primase: 4:41pm On Jan 20, 2021
bizme:
It is always a good habit to read well what you are reacting to.

"There is no such thing as the "salary of a pharmacist". It eventually depends on the area of practice: hospital, industry, retail pharmacy, regulatory affairs, academia and research. Intern pharmacists (before they go on NYSC) should expect to collect between N100,000 and N150,000 monthly. But the money in pharmacy is in the business area of the practice even though you may expect to take anything above N500,000 monthly after few years working with pharmaceutical industries."

It will be a good idea if you read my response again before going wild with insinuations you didn't get from my words. Besides, if you felt you knew the answer to the question why must you waste my time in the first place?

I cannot argue with you and you know why? I am a pharmacist with years of experience, and you are apparently not. I discuss from a position of knowledge and working experience, you from the presumption of ignorance and yet you feel the need to attack something you don't know about. The very fact that you asked me what the pharmacist's salary was already would make any pharmacist know you don't know about the field; I simply didn't know you realize you would turn out to be this specimen of human being. If you bring yourself to the level of learning you might actually gain one or tow things. I could go on and on literally lecturing you about what kind of remuneration to expect from the different areas of practice in Nigeria, both at the entry level and after different number of years, and in the business sector which I am also an active player now for almost a decade in the country; but that would be a waste of my precious time. You should hold on to your defective belief about my profession, it adds nothing and definitely removes nothing from what we earn.

Lastly, it is very childish of you to try to turn this into an argument of which jobs pay better than pharmacists.

You are yet to make a point. Why the insults? I didn't not insult you but rather debunked your claims and if you feel that I misconstrued your statement, you would have corrected me instead. I felt in love with pharmacy in my 100L in the university not because of the salary but because of the business opportunities ( I like business). I am in no away watering down pharmacy but my room mate right from school is a pharmacist and I know how much salary is involved in the profession.

I made a mistake by assuming that you meant ₦500,000 at entry level but you could have corrected me instead of the name calling.

I asked the question because I thought you have something that I don't know of. Learn to be patient with people even if they have a contrary view to yours.

5 Likes

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by isax(m): 4:41pm On Jan 20, 2021
Handwork is a very lucrative course to study...
Thank me later
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Obascoetubi: 4:42pm On Jan 20, 2021
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated

Aside universities courses
Other skill courses are very lucrative
E.g
1.) The Igbo (Eastern) Apprentice system
Is lucrative (those guys they hit am big from there)
2.) Learning a bombing Skill (doesn't even requires much time)
WHAT IS BOMBING?
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Uzobejeme: 4:48pm On Jan 20, 2021
IT
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Uzobejeme: 4:48pm On Jan 20, 2021
Make sure it's IT related. That's where the future is headed
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Stanislause94: 4:49pm On Jan 20, 2021
Young man, both courses you mentioned are good. But judging them differently;
I'll start with pharmacy, from what I've seen pharmacist working in the industries really don't earn much unless you intend going into private practice which is owning a pharmaceutical shop.
Talking about architecture, it's quite a prestigious field as architects are always respected everywhere they go, with architecture you can turn a millionaire overnight by just hitting a big contract and your whole life will change between a twinkle of an eye. Lastly do a deep thinking before choosing. Architects follow dey chop Nigeria money ooo, because politicians dey use them sign government contracts.

2 Likes

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Segzy19: 4:49pm On Jan 20, 2021
Nursing isn't lucrative in Nigeria but abroad. It's good to study nursing if you wanna relocate sha
dalexy101037:
Nursing ...
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by McTobe(m): 4:49pm On Jan 20, 2021
My dear friend you are asking the wrong question, what is wrong in the question is “Lucrative “. Now I will advise you to study any of the two courses that you have more passion for, that you can stay awake all night day dreaming of seeing yourself successful in & as well studying passionately about, if you follow your passion you will surely hit the Treasure Island(Gratification is a sure banker with passion)I wish you strength.
SultanM:
I just finished secondary school with a good waec result, I just want to hear from a Nigerian point of view. I have Pharmacy and Architecture on my mind, please house which one is more lucrative in Nigeria?
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by egojeny1(f): 4:50pm On Jan 20, 2021
chi4ik4:
Special Education. Remember to thank me later.
You're right.
Special needs Education(autism, down syndrome, etc) is one of the most lucrative courses in Education sector.
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Ikjosh04: 4:57pm On Jan 20, 2021
hustla:

FUTA has Bsc Cybersecurity shocked shocked
I hope its not old school nonsense they're teaching them though
Lol, the Nigeria factor is there but the Department is doing pretty good.

2 Likes

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Originalsly: 4:59pm On Jan 20, 2021
Pharmacy over Architecture. Either you have to love and have a passion for to be successful and make it a lucrative career.

Architect... if you graduate today.... what next?... get a job?.... exactly where will you apply?.... what are your chances of being hired?... as a fresh graduate over experienced graduates? ...in these unending COVID-19 times? After frustrations next option... open your own office. Back to square one... what are the odds of clients taking a chance with unknown inexperienced you? What next? Not that you can't make it... but it will take wayyy more time and not as lucrative.

Pharmacist..... look at trends... look towards the future. Indomie generation... and after..... in Nigeria.... do not embrace traditional medicines.... they believe in pharmaceutical ..... for almost everything. Graduate as a pharmacist....what next? Apply for a job.... exactly where?.... sooo many hospitals etc. nationwide. If you need to have your own business... any part of the country your services will be in demand. People do haggle prices for almost everything... but not drugs... and will somehow find money to buy. Drugs are needed everyday... the demand is always there.... everywhere. Pharmacy over architecture... in Nigeria.

Other than the two.... I would advise you go into a skill. Refrigeration..... elevator technician or auto mechanic. Competent technicians in these areas are really rare. A rare skill... the better chances of being even more lucrative career.

4 Likes

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Dollanaira: 4:59pm On Jan 20, 2021
hmmmm
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by brandsoncharlie: 4:59pm On Jan 20, 2021
LongNipple:
I studied and graduated with a B.Sc in Geography And Planning....Waste of time.
You can go into master's in geology and it will turn around things for you if you're good.
There's a lecturer I know, studied civil engineering, master in geology he has so many contracts in construction works like testing for load bearing capacity of soil, soil aggregate etc, water manufacturing companies do contract him, also contracted in mining works, he's a consultant on his own too, plus lecturing job.
He's a Ghanaian lecturer, did his masters in university of Pretoria, South Africa but working in Ghana.
It will be more easier for you to go into geology since you studied Geography because there are relationship between the two you can build on.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Beautiful Gallant Police Officer Trends On Facebook With Birthday Photos / Resigned After 2 Days, See Why / His Experience With Female Banker(marketer)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.