Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,701 members, 7,802,085 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? (36110 Views)

Between "Barbing And Phone Repair" Which One Is More Lucrative To Learn / Radiography Vs Pharmacy. Which Is More Lucrative / Pharmacy Vs Nursing: Which Is More Lucrative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by alizma: 8:21pm On Jan 20, 2021
LadyTianna:

The guy is just being realistic. Can you blame him?
The Sharia court is just being realistic in their own Sense, can you blame them?
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Loner97(m): 8:21pm On Jan 20, 2021
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated

Aside universities courses
Other skill courses are very lucrative
E.g
1.) The Igbo (Eastern) Apprentice system
Is lucrative (those guys they hit am big from there)
2.) Learning a bombing Skill (doesn't even requires much time)

U fit teach me no.2 na, i day loyal..
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Drella(m): 8:21pm On Jan 20, 2021
bizme:

Now, whichever you eventually choose between the two make sure you develop an IT skill. I will recommend Python programming. IT is both the currency of the present and of the foreseeable future. I am into programming too and the money I have made from working in IT-like area is more than 10 to 50 times the total amount I have made from traditional practice as a pharmacist.

Well said.You can do well to highlight the area of tech you recommend python for.One cannot just learn a programming language alone and start making money immediately.
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by LadyTianna(f): 8:23pm On Jan 20, 2021
alizma:

The Sharia court is just being realistic in their own Sense, can you blame them?

Now you're just being ridiculous. What's the correlation between sharia court and wanting to study a course that's in demand? undecided
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Dreadlock69(m): 8:29pm On Jan 20, 2021
Under buhari regime
Bribery and corruption
Yahoo
Fraud
Scam
Factory work
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by alizma: 8:29pm On Jan 20, 2021
LadyTianna:

Now you're just being ridiculous. What's the correlation between sharia court and wanting to study a course that's in demand? undecided
Sorry I mix something up
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by munachiso58(m): 8:38pm On Jan 20, 2021
between microbiology and going for school of nursing as a young guy with is better
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by blackinitiative: 8:50pm On Jan 20, 2021
bizme:
Pharmacy

It is difficult to know if by lucrative you mean the profession that brings in good salary on the average. And if you also factor in the ease of getting a job postgraduation. Between Pharmacy and Architecture cited by you, Pharmacy is clearly the better choice here. But you also need to consider the possibility of you getting an admission to study pharmacy being a very highly competitive course to study at the moment. It is also not so easy to study Pharmacy, it's a course tough as a nail.

Now if you consider the prospects looking at the business dimension; averagely Pharmacy is still supremely better than Architecture in Nigeria.

However, before you make a final choice between the two I will encourage you to interact with practicing pharmacists from different areas of their practice, and practicing architects. Feel free to ask questions, you are about making a life-long decision and there are simply no questions too stupid to ask.

I wish you good luck, and if you eventually choose to study pharmacy and you successfully do so, I am going to be glad to welcome you to the honorable club.

Now, whichever you eventually choose between the two make sure you develop an IT skill. I will recommend Python programming. IT is both the currency of the present and of the foreseeable future. I am into programming too and the money I have made from working in IT-like area is more than 10 to 50 times the total amount I have made from traditional practice as a pharmacist.
Can i send you a message sir
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by egojeny1(f): 8:52pm On Jan 20, 2021
Redman44:
@ OP, have you considered studying Food Science & Technology? Food is very essential in our daily lives, you know. Food Science & Technology is a Course that can take you to great heights. You can work with many government agencies like NAFDAC, SON, Agriculture Departments, Confectioneries, Nestle, Cadbury, Rite Foods etc. If you are bold enough, you can start your own food processing company or Snacks Company cool cool cool cool. No one can look down on you if you are producing Snacks and Food Products. Food and Drinks are NEEDED by human beings everyday. Cheers.
Correct
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by ultramayor: 8:53pm On Jan 20, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Computer science anyday anytime twice on Wednesday

You can be a programmer...

If programming nor work
Then bombing will be easy for you... or you can do the two simultaneously or rather concurrently
That is my programming room....first picture
And the second picture is my satum( inner room where you bomb and huzzle)
I only use my MacBook pro for bombing...
Hello chief, pls would like to have a little convo with you, is it possible i have ur digits
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by ecosystm(m): 9:11pm On Jan 20, 2021
yusman14:
Hello sir..I just bought some udemy courses..do you have a trick on how to download the videos for offline view?

Pls how can I buy UDEMY courses in Naira?
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 20, 2021
Sure.
blackinitiative:

Can i send you a message sir
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 20, 2021
I hear you.
Primase:

This place is not public. Nobody is using his/her real identity.
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Crossboy(m): 9:35pm On Jan 20, 2021
Traviscottt:
Library studies.. kiss kiss
Are u serious? am about to study this course

1 Like

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Mtschewwww: 9:50pm On Jan 20, 2021
Genea:
I laugh and smile when I read this, I am a microbiologist with a good result from UNILAG, don’t explain to me what I am experiencing firsthand.
I am now explaining to you what has been and is still obtainable from your field of study.
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Asadujames202(m): 10:05pm On Jan 20, 2021
Genea:
I laugh and smile when I read this, I am a microbiologist with a good result from UNILAG, don’t explain to me what I am experiencing firsthand.

Of the greatest Nams

Great.

Useless course

I had to quit after 4 years

2 Likes

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Genea(f): 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2021
Asadujames202:

Of the greatest Nams

Great.

Useless course

I had to quit after 4 years
hahahahaha best definition
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by noble2faith(m): 11:10pm On Jan 20, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Computer science anyday anytime twice on Wednesday

You can be a programmer...

If programming nor work
Then bombing will be easy for you... or you can do the two simultaneously or rather concurrently
That is my programming room....first picture
And the second picture is my satum( inner room where you bomb and huzzle)
I only use my MacBook pro for bombing...

Please sir. What is bombing?
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Emeka71(m): 11:34pm On Jan 20, 2021
iammolahs:
Estate management
No way.
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by calcal: 1:39am On Jan 21, 2021
SultanM:
what are you saying? Lol

for you to realize whatever you are going to study, you need to liberate yourself.

A Ph.d holder was killed on this own farm by Fulani in OYO state of recent that's a stronger message to others.

what happens when you don't understand that you need to liberate yourself.

so the lady is telling you to liberate yourself first then school later, schooling has no age limit
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by ayenale1(m): 3:12am On Jan 21, 2021
Mindlog:

I guess you meant qualifying as a paediatrician.

Yeah thanks
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by SultanM: 3:43am On Jan 21, 2021
bizme:
I write codes for analyzing research data.

please what's it all about, please can I get your WhatsApp number?
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by SultanM: 3:51am On Jan 21, 2021
Abudu2000:
stfu bru, just say u don't him to joinu in counting millions lol
are you an architect?
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by SultanM: 3:53am On Jan 21, 2021
RxOnlinePharmcy:
Go for what you are passionate about.
I had similar issues when I wanted to go into higher institution, was battling between Medicine and Engineering. My love for sciences and especially Maths it's beyond this world which is a reflection in my O level result cos I made distinction in them and again I love things relating to health. Eventually I decided to chose Medicine as my first choice(UNILAG) wanted to put same as my 2nd choice... But my brother persuaded me to put Pharmacy(UNN) instead as 2nd choice which I was really reluctant to do because my thought was that the Chemist Man on my street then was a Pharmacist and and never wanted to be like him. I had a golden JAMB Score. UNILAG with all delays, my name came out in UNN Pharmacy. I decided to go for Pharmacy... But I was not relaxed cos I never wanted to be like that Chemist man on my street... I decided to borrow some medince course in addition to the esoteric Maths in my first year in a bid to change back to Medicine. On studying Pharmacy at my first year... My eyes opened that the Chemist man on my street was not a Pharmacist but a patent medicine dealer and I now saw a better side of Pharmacy. As a Pharmacist you can work in the hospital, Community Pharmacy, Industry, NAFDAC, research institute or be a Pharmacovigilance expert... Although I passed all my first year course including the borrowed course from medicine with very good grades that qualifies me to change... I totally lost interest in the Chang Course process in my 2nd year and i concentrated on Pharmacy... Now I know that that's what I am called to do.... I not only graduated with 5 Distinctions (First Class)... I went immediately to do a Masters in Pharmacy and today I am a Member of International Federation of Pharmacists, a Member of the Pharmaceuticals Society of Great Britain and a member of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria practising and creating impacts and part of the team bringing in innovative solutions through our partners in the USA, UK etc e. G like the Cure for Hepatitis C etc currently pioneering the Rx Online Pharmacy in Nigeria where with a click you can get your health and Pharma needs and medicines at the balm of your hand (www.rxonlinepharmacy.com.ng). If I am asked to chose a course in my next world I will chose PHARMACY again and again.
My advise is go for what you are passionate about and understand what the course entail from those already practising it will help you in making better decision.
All the best
thanks for this
Which year did you graduate?
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Abudu2000(m): 7:17am On Jan 21, 2021
SultanM:
are you an architect?
I'm a civil engineer. Do u know how much even draftsmen who can execute beautiful drawings make? Not to talk of architects with seals. Well I won't say much, Achitects are good in hiding their wealth.
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Jilo83(m): 8:18am On Jan 21, 2021
politicocracy
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by kafeii123: 8:46am On Jan 21, 2021
Nursing
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Biodun556(m): 9:14am On Jan 21, 2021
Faceless007:
Microbiology

It is not
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by Igwe29(m): 11:13am On Jan 21, 2021
nervegasfarts:
None!!.

Did someone say computer science? Or medicine?

So, join boko haram, or Ipob, or bakassi boys and wait for your amnesty payday. The govt will not only sponsor you to Russia for studies, they will give your cronies billions, free!!

You end up better educated than you would in a Nigerian University, and you and your cronies can either continue to demand more or float businesses you would not otherwise dream of. Same said 9ja govt will become your customers!

When you become 40, you enter politics and join the senate, or become a governor, and the looting continues.

Meanwhile your mates in computer science and medicine that entered uni normally never graduate due to strikes. If they did, they are still looking for employment after nysc.

Hope you catch my drift Sha? If you can't leave this country now, don't delude yourself!
How I wish you would give your children this kind of advice. If you like call this sarcasm.
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by harbeebski(m): 12:39pm On Jan 21, 2021
Ludlum:
public health
wow...are you a public health scientist I'm currently a public health finalist in Kwasu
Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by sageb: 2:04am On Jan 22, 2021
munachiso58:
between microbiology and going for school of nursing as a young guy with is better
Nursing degree from a University is better but if you don't get it then try Nursing school. microbiology is good but Nursing have more job prospect.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? by SultanM: 4:34am On Jan 22, 2021
bizme:
Pharmacy

It is difficult to know if by lucrative you mean the profession that brings in good salary on the average. And if you also factor in the ease of getting a job postgraduation. Between Pharmacy and Architecture cited by you, Pharmacy is clearly the better choice here. But you also need to consider the possibility of you getting an admission to study pharmacy being a very highly competitive course to study at the moment. It is also not so easy to study Pharmacy, it's a course tough as a nail.

Now if you consider the prospects looking at the business dimension; averagely Pharmacy is still supremely better than Architecture in Nigeria.

However, before you make a final choice between the two I will encourage you to interact with practicing pharmacists from different areas of their practice, and practicing architects. Feel free to ask questions, you are about making a life-long decision and there are simply no questions too stupid to ask.

I wish you good luck, and if you eventually choose to study pharmacy and you successfully do so, I am going to be glad to welcome you to the honorable club.

I sent you a pm sir, atleast I can ask you more questions, I don't know any pharmacist.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria / Beautiful Gallant Police Officer Trends On Facebook With Birthday Photos / Resigned After 2 Days, See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.