Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi (40758 Views)

Delta Family Fights Over N250,000 Bride Price (pic) / Nigerian Man Marries Kenyan Lady As He Abandons His Wife Of 16 Years In Lagos / Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi by Doraty1(f): 1:21pm On Jan 18, 2021
One Mohammed Salisu of Abujan kwata area of the Bauchi metropolis last week married his dead girlfriend one Halima of the same address after she died.

The marriage was contracted after the man paid the sum of N2, 000 brideprice to the family of the deceased girlfriend.

Blueprint gathered that the late lady once made a will that even if she died, the family should marry her off to Salisu.

It was also gathered that Salisu has been a long term lover of Halima and the duo promised to be faithful to each other forever.

Confirming the incident, Malam Bahajatu Nasir of the Bauchi state Shariah Commission explained that the marriage took place when the mother of the late Halima informed the public of her will as the funerals of the deceased set to be conducted.

He noted that the Imam who officiated the wedding ceremony one Malam Abubakar as well as the groom have been arrested by the men of the commission.

Commenting on the development, an Islamic cleric in Bauchi and Chief Imam of the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Bauchi Sheikh Dr Mansur Isah Yelwa faulted the marriage saying it was null and void.

According to him, one of the rules of marriage in islam is that the couple must be alive adding that whenever a spouse dies, their marriage is over.

“So, even the ones that were already married will have the marriage dissolved immediately any of the two dies. If your spouse dies, you can marry another person. But in the case of this man that reportedly married a dead woman, the marriage is null and void as it is contrary to islamic teachings”. The cleric clarified.

https://www.blueprint.ng/breaking-man-marries-dead-woman-with-n2000-bride-price-in-bauchi/

1 Like

Re: Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 18, 2021
It was also gathered that Salisu has been a long term lover of Halima and the duo promised to be faithful to each other forever.

This is WHY I LOVE Northerners... They are extremely loyal, even in death...

Once they give you their word, they guard it jealously like the ancient gods...
And with the fury of the sword... Overcoming all impediments; and against all odds.. Until the fruits of loyalty ripen in their pots of gourds...

God bless the Northerners...
God bless all patriotic Nigerians.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi by illicit(m): 1:32pm On Jan 18, 2021
Why must religion tamper with someone's last wish....

4 Likes

Re: Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi by Kondomatic(m): 1:33pm On Jan 18, 2021
SilverNorGold:

This is WHY I LOVE Northerners... They are extremely loyal; even death can't do them part...
That's also why they kill without asking why
SilverNorGold:

My beloved brother, it's your hatred for the North that's killing you, not Northerners.. But I have the solution to your problem: stop hating on the Great North and your people will live long again... Cos hatred kills faster than war...

God bless us all.
I don't hate the northerners. I don't hate anybody but I dislike what many people have become.

Northerners are loyal to a fault.

If their leader says "kill this person" they will willingly do it without asking questions.

I don't run around the truth, I face it, I know it's a dangerous thing in the north but I risk it all the same.

Bishop Kuka will tell you the same.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi by DICKstractor: 1:42pm On Jan 18, 2021
undecided

I hope he had a wonderful honeymoon. How sweet and lovely it is to have a physical and spiritual wife. He will be having double family in spirit and in open.

Kudos young man

3 Likes

Re: Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi by Jesse6(m): 1:50pm On Jan 18, 2021
U never jam bad ones guy
SilverNorGold:

This is WHY I LOVE Northerners... They are extremely loyal, even in death...

Once they give you their word, they guide it jealously like the ancient gods...

2 Likes

Re: Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 18, 2021
Kondomatic:
That's also why they kill without asking why

My beloved brother, it's your hatred for the North that's killing you, not Northerners.. But I have the solution to your problem: stop hating on the Great North and your people will live long again... Cos hatred kills faster than war...

God bless us all.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2021
Jesse6:
U never jam bad ones guy

My beloved brother, in every 12, there's a Judas... Nothing is 100% perfect.. So yes, there are few bad eggs in the North... But the overwhelming majority are making us proud.

God bless Arewa..
God bless Nigeria.

16 Likes

Re: Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi by Adakintroy: 2:23pm On Jan 18, 2021
Fear north!
Re: Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi by Cerebellum: 2:24pm On Jan 18, 2021
gringrin

Mad Pple too plenty for naijagrin

Every time strange Eleribu News

Dem use am do una??

Haa! Naija tire me Abeggrin
Re: Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi by slawormiir: 2:24pm On Jan 18, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Okay.....
Love
Re: Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi by jawalis(m): 2:24pm On Jan 18, 2021
These are part of the negative effect of culture. And such should be abandoned
Re: Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 18, 2021
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi by mbahdi(m): 2:24pm On Jan 18, 2021
Ok
Re: Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi by Jackyboy: 2:25pm On Jan 18, 2021
tongue
Hmmmmmmmm i jump am pass.
Some traditions spits.......tufiakwa
Re: Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi by OriginZero: 2:25pm On Jan 18, 2021
kaii
Re: Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 18, 2021
Not everyone is interested in wet poosi. Many people like decaying Toto. grin

3 Likes

Re: Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi by Sunnycliff(m): 2:25pm On Jan 18, 2021
E shock you Sharia commission tongue
Re: Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi by Elzakzaky: 2:25pm On Jan 18, 2021
Igbos and Hausas are a clog on the wheel Nigeria's progress. One is notorious for developing other people's land by force, the other is so used to cow herding that they also behave like cattle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi by achymmania: 2:26pm On Jan 18, 2021
illicit:
Why must religion tamper with someone's last wish....
because it was Islam that kick against it abi.

2 Likes

Re: Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi by bigdammyj: 2:26pm On Jan 18, 2021
Noted
Re: Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi by Deentertainer(m): 2:27pm On Jan 18, 2021
Things dey happen oh

Meanwhile fill up Ur laptop/hard drive with hd movies,pH residents only
Re: Man Marries Dead Woman With N2,000 Bride Price In Bauchi by nairalee(m): 2:27pm On Jan 18, 2021
This wedding does not have legal stand

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. / Man Batters Wife For Not Swearing To Juju Over Infidelity (Photos) / Expecting A New Baby , Need Shopping List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.