Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her (58448 Views)

Lizzo Shocks Her Fans With Her A$$ Nude Reaction To Critics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by HeadShot: 10:17pm On Jan 18, 2021
GetMeRight:

Mumu. No be people like you encouraged Jonathan and PDP to sell power sector to himself and his cronies? It's no more PHCN or NEPA, it is now EKEDP, IBEDC, and so on which means Elemelu, Abdulsalam, Adeleke and so on. You just need to wake up to reality.

See zombies everywhere

Spits...

When a dollar gets to 500 hundred naira,. Remember to blame Jonathan
Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by Nchenches: 10:19pm On Jan 18, 2021
Realtord43:
Shey lai mohammed said nigeria will fine CNN.

Well, he just inflated your bill with fine.

That’s it.
Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by chatinent: 10:20pm On Jan 18, 2021
Very counterproductive people.
Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by CodeTemplar: 10:21pm On Jan 18, 2021
jacoik:
guy, that will fuel Tiger � gen for two years if u don't know
So she will use tiger gen to press her clothes, power blender, support fridge, and do more? Be considerate now. . .
Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by ItsTutsi(m): 10:22pm On Jan 18, 2021
welcome to Nigeria.. the more u look, the less u see grin
Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by Dliquidmetal(m): 10:24pm On Jan 18, 2021
Nigerians!! Yall getting what you deserve, same Nigerian would say " just make money no matter what way you would go about it" lol but if the consequences of people making money in anyways or form comes,same Nigerian would say "ahh this is outrageous, this guys are thief's bla bla bla" yall ain't ready grin

2 Likes

Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by 4ormidable(m): 10:26pm On Jan 18, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

Tell me how to get the prepaid meter? We have gone to their office severally with no help.

What's your location?
Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by 4ormidable(m): 10:27pm On Jan 18, 2021
bigfish3k:

I have paid for more than one year here and I am yet to get

What's your location?
Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by Tats(m): 10:27pm On Jan 18, 2021
Ijidolaagency:

Somebody's two months salary

Some people's one hour salary grin
Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by 4ormidable(m): 10:28pm On Jan 18, 2021
cyndylove64:
I ordered prepaid meter since last year no show .they only came once to inspect and tell me they will hang it on the wall.after then nothing.i got 40k as dec.2020 bill.

What's your location?
Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:28pm On Jan 18, 2021
4ormidable:

What's your location?

Surulere/mainland
Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by 4ormidable(m): 10:30pm On Jan 18, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

Surulere/mainland

Oh! No idea about how it's run over there..

Only if it were here in Akwa Ibom state (PHEDC)
Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by Ogaga87(m): 10:30pm On Jan 18, 2021
psucc:
But that's not enough reason for her to pay that amount.

Nigeria is a joke of a Nation

How long can we go like this?

There is a difference between current charge and total due now.. I'm only seeing the TOTAL DUE NOW... let her display the current charge because someone is trying to inflate anger but we got experience
Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by masqot(m): 10:39pm On Jan 18, 2021
grin E shock you?
Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by zoedew: 10:46pm On Jan 18, 2021
Who else has the key to your apartment? Check! CNN relentless Reports on Trump costs a lot of power to transmit!
Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:56pm On Jan 18, 2021
4ormidable:

Oh! No idea about how it's run over there..

Only if it were here in Akwa Ibom state (PHEDC)

Right so asking people why they don't have prepaid is not a kind question, because many have tried to no avail. Our bill suddenly jumped from 12-15k to 40k per month despite erratic power supply, and the fact that we now have an inverter. Several mails, as well as sending someone in person met brickwalls.

This is Nigeria, we can hope and pray, and wait for justice from the true just ONE.

Cheers
Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by 4ormidable(m): 11:00pm On Jan 18, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

Right so asking people why they don't have prepaid is not a kind question, because many have tried to no avail. Our bill suddenly jumped from 12-15k to 40k per month despite erratic power supply, and the fact that we now have an inverter. Several mails, as well as sending someone in person met brickwalls.

This is Nigeria, we can hope and pray, and wait for justice from the true just ONE.

Cheers

Correction noted.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by psucc(m): 11:01pm On Jan 18, 2021
Ogaga87:

There is a difference between current charge and total due now.. I'm only seeing the TOTAL DUE NOW... let her display the current charge because someone is trying to inflate anger but we got experience
please let me have her phone number, I will call her upload the bill.
Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by tino22(m): 11:04pm On Jan 18, 2021
That’s exactly the problem am facing today. Ikdc came to cut my light today with a bill of 75k when I traveled for Xmas and never use electricity. Am going to there office in Ikeja tomorrow worst am staying in a room sef con what a country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by saintruky(m): 11:14pm On Jan 18, 2021
meobizy:
My friend in America told me we pay the same amount for electricity and yet his is constant. Nigeria, sha, this country can weaken one's soul. I think it was a 15,000 naira bill which was erroneously typed.

Since Nairalanders want everything spelled out for them; I pay 40,000 naira monthly for electricity.

Even if 15k.. funny enough d babe say she no dey house thru December n she off every every for her house, even change d switch to gen line... Only for nepa to bill her... Btw police n nepa who worse pass sef?

Thank God say i dey prepaid association...
Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by allandutch: 11:22pm On Jan 18, 2021
HeadShot:

See zombies everywhere

Spits...

When a dollar gets to 500 hundred naira,. Remember to blame Jonathan

Nairaland zombies, especially, are very annoying creatures. They'll always be here defending rubbish. Like someone said, it's because this is a faceless forum. Most of them can't voice their stupid opinions offline, publicly, for the fear of what may happen to them.
Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by samwash(m): 11:23pm On Jan 18, 2021
That amount na somebody house rent for a yr. How much come be her house rent in a yr?
I believe she get sawmill for her house or
Maybe na she help her community pay light bill for the month.
Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by COMPAQ(m): 11:28pm On Jan 18, 2021
saintruky:

Even if 15k.. funny enough d babe say she no dey house thru December n she off every every for her house, even change d switch to gen line... Only for nepa to bill her... Btw police n nepa who worse pass sef?

Thank God say i dey prepaid association...

I doubt a fridge and freezer would have been turned off. For a month with good light and the new rate, those two could use N5k to N10k.
Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by COMPAQ(m): 11:36pm On Jan 18, 2021
meobizy:
My friend in America told me we pay the same amount for electricity and yet his is constant. Nigeria, sha, this country can weaken one's soul. I think it was a 15,000 naira bill which was erroneously typed.

Since Nairalanders want everything spelled out for them; I pay 40,000 naira monthly for electricity.

Calm down a bit. The electricity rate has only become more in line with US rates with the recent increase. And US has over 50 years of solid regulation and investment behind it. Our government on the other hand messed ours up for the last 50years before privatizing it.

And private guys could never invest when they were not making profit.

Its a simple economics issue which would have been sorted by now if we did the right thing. The unfortunatebthing is that the "right" thing means higher bills for a struggling populace, but that is the reality.

To clarify, average electricity rates in US is $0.13 per kwh. Some states are as high as $0.25 per kwh while some are as low as 0.09per kwh.

But remember these guys are not investing in the electricity infrastructure at the moment. Those are all in place.
Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by brandsoncharlie: 11:46pm On Jan 18, 2021
majamajic:

Prepaid , when traveling out , u can remove your card . Nothing will be reading , when u come back u install your card back , manual is estimated bills
So If you switch off all your appliances in the house before traveling will the manual meter still have it's readings?
Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by hardbody: 12:00am On Jan 19, 2021
ebukajay184:
CNN correspondent, Stephanie Busari, has expressed shock at the outrageous bill sent to her home by the Eko Electricity Distribution Company, Lagos, IgbereTV reports.

In a tweet she posted on her handle, Busari said she was hardly in her home in December 2020 and was shocked to receive a bill of N150, 000 from PHCN.

She wrote;

https://twitter.com/StephanieBusari/status/1350907529753206788?s=19

Nigerians took to her comment section to share their ugly experience with Nigerian electricity providers.

See comments below.

Why is she shouting? i have a N284k bill as at last month. Abeg make we hear word jor.

She should join me in the class action i want to bring against PHCN - EKEDC in particular.
Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by DaCharis2016: 12:09am On Jan 19, 2021
Do they still forward hard copy bills? I thought they said it's e-bills now?
Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by thatigboman: 12:13am On Jan 19, 2021
4ormidable:
Why couldn't she get a prepaid meter before going on her expedition?
do u buy prepaid meter in the market?
Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by ogubolokento(m): 12:13am On Jan 19, 2021
Sone persons brought this problem on us years back
Re: Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her by thatigboman: 12:16am On Jan 19, 2021
Brandonx:
You see Nigeria would reap you off at the slightest opportunity.
A had a friend who said he won't be paying for electricity anymore. Before his prepaid meter was installed he paid outrageous bills so he decided to bypass the meter somehow he only uses his units when he's not consuming much but if he's using a/c, fridge et al he does not use his units.
that's fraud. When nepa finds out, they will fine him like 400k, i swear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Portable Buys A New House In Ogun (Photos) / IK Ogbonna Looking 'Girly' In Ripped Jeans - Fan Says, He Responds / Davido Flaunts His New POLICE Plate (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.