Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,231 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) (61868 Views)

How David Ogbenye Tortured Me - Chinaka Chigozie / Friends Mourn As Robbers Kill Winner Of IBM Competition In Lagos. / David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by chewwie(m): 7:33pm On Jan 18, 2021
Beremx:
He would have left the phone for the thieves. Life first.
How many phones will the robbers steal to become millionaires? Hungry idiots.

Rest In Peace dear.
You no talk lie oh. I was in a similar situation some months ago (along PTI road in Warri) inside keke. I was forming gragra at first, but when I saw him, I just melt like fried ice cream.
My life is worth more than all the phones in this world to me, my mother (especially) and the rest of my family.
Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by moscobabs(m): 7:33pm On Jan 18, 2021
Hologram0t:
It shall not be well with buhari
Ode, what has Buhari got to do with this
Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by yorke1: 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2021
I sorry in advance for the person that would buy the phone. Stay off buying phones from the street. Go to the market and collect your receipt.

1 Like

Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2021
Esosaqueen:
my God! cry

Add me on telegram if you stay abroad @Junin507

How much for TDB?

RIP to the deceased
Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by iamdapsyj(m): 7:40pm On Jan 18, 2021
Plut01:

Further investigation should be carried out. It sounds like assassination to me.

All his competitors and work rival should be queried.

Exactly my resolve. That guy wouldn't have alighted at that location because of criminality that goes on there. I say that because people that are conversant with that area like him that lives around should know better. Even finicky restaurant have lost loads of clients because of that. My friends were robbed many times on that road as far back as 2005 as an undergraduate. Like you said, it seem planned to me.

5 Likes

Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by CSTRR: 7:41pm On Jan 18, 2021
This was one of the saddest stories I have read.

This guy was a born genius.
He defeated 17000 contestants from highly advanced countries in an IBM competition.
Do you know what that means.?

Our very own Zukerbag or Jack Dorsey in the making.

And Nigeria ended him.

Ended him before he could fulfill his destiny.

This country is wicked.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by grafixdon: 7:42pm On Jan 18, 2021
OliveJob:
May his soul RIP

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

You're such a ful, advertising your miserable logo on trend like this, very insensitive of you. Na hunger go kill you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by Lagosianswag: 7:44pm On Jan 18, 2021
yorke1:
I sorry in advance for the person that would buy the phone. Stay off buying phones from the street. Go to the market and collect your receipt.

Double wahala for the person wey go sell that phone! (UniLag Boys Go Lynch Am If Police No Come Rescue Am Quick)

#TheStreetIsNotSmiling angry

2 Likes

Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by CSTRR: 7:45pm On Jan 18, 2021
Abike Dabiri is there masturbatingg because Biden appointed three Nigerians in his govt.

She is there behaving like a well trained monkey,while Nigerians of higher potential in Nigeria are being wasted by the Nigerian State.

1 Like

Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by PS712: 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2021
AroleOduduwa2:
People are heartless. Because of a mere Samsung phone you took a life.
Very sad. But it may not be because of Samsung phone, rather the content, judging by the fact that he was good in tech and had won award. If he had met those robbers there, it might have made more sense saying it is robbery, but the guys coming on bike might point to some people trailing him to gain access to stuff on his phone.
Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by int0x80(m): 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2021
Please, folks don't struggle your phone with these men of the under world. They are callous and wicked, he should have just given them the phone in peace!

1 Like

Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2021
Google and iPhone and even Samsung has made it such that you can always backup your phone either on your system or online. Just do this frequently and then if stuff like this happens, just give them your phone, pick exact same phone or in the case of iPhone or Samsung any of their phones and sync your stuff right back. Speaking of which make I go do backup now sef. No time.

ojesymsym:
Tech guys value their phones a lot because of the enormous amount of work, info and data they have inside it.

Unfortunately, he lost his life for it

3 Likes

Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by CSTRR: 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2021
Nigeria will happen to everybody.

Just pray that the day it happens to you, it does not cost you your life.
Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by rabiudon: 7:48pm On Jan 18, 2021
Freshfish4:
I remember when three guys tried to rub my two phones,
It is Rob sir
Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by Omoluabi16(m): 7:48pm On Jan 18, 2021
They'll sell the phone less than 50k. Use it to buy skinny jeans, shoes. Smoke weed, chill with some runs girsl. Meanwhile this dude with all his potentials don go like this. Life is so unfair. May we never come across these unfortunate bastids.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by MyOpinion1(f): 7:49pm On Jan 18, 2021
Let every family be responsible, that is not too much to ask in a sane society..
The professor train his child but was killed by the child of another parent who failed to train his..
Life would have been fair for everyone, but since we all are minding our businesses and fail to caution others and society refuses to make everybody responsible for their decisions primarily, then this kind of story we still keep increasing and increasing and nothing anyone can do abt it...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by CSTRR: 7:49pm On Jan 18, 2021
int0x80:
Please, folks don't struggle your phone with these men of the under world. They are callous and wicked, he should have just given them the phone in peace!
People get stabbed in many parts of the World and most survive it.

The police watched while this guy was bleeding.
By the time they took him to the hospital, the hopeless doctors there watched while he bled to death.

1 Like

Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by PS712: 7:50pm On Jan 18, 2021
CSTRR:
Abike Dabiri is there masturbatingg because Biden appointed three Nigerians in his govt.

She is there behaving like a well trained monkey,while Nigerians of higher potential in Nigeria are being wasted by the Nigerian State.
With all sense of responsibility what would have been Abike Dabiri's role in this case? Or what could she have done or not that allowed this to happen or hindering the success of investigation?
Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by JuIiusmalema: 7:50pm On Jan 18, 2021
ojesymsym:
Tech guys value their phones a lot because of the enormous amount of work, info and data they have inside it.

exactly cos I can't amount starting all over again and losing most of my clients contacts
Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by fapcrook(m): 7:53pm On Jan 18, 2021
I remember when armed robbers traced my mum 4 years ago after collecting money from GTB Ejigbo Branch at Lagos at 1pm. My mum just gave them her purse containing the cash without any argument at gun point. Passengers in the bus were shouting ..my mum just hissed and took another bus back to the bank to report her stolen purse which contained her two ATM cards. She's still alive o despite losing 180k last 4 years. Never argue with armed robbers...werey no won

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by JuIiusmalema: 7:53pm On Jan 18, 2021
Omoluabi16:
They'll sell the phone less than 50k. Use it to buy skinny jeans, shoes. Smoke weed, chill with some runs girsl. Meanwhile this dude with all his potentials don go like this. Life is so unfair. May we never come across these unfortunate bastids.
very sad
Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 18, 2021
i don’t press my phone at nights when going home
i’m always cautious abt my environment
the same terrible fate almost happened to me at obanikoro close to the bridge
i’m a lucky fella

rip to the deceased

4 Likes

Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by CSTRR: 8:00pm On Jan 18, 2021
PS712:

With all sense of responsibility what would have been Abike Dabiri's role in this case? Or what could she have done or not that allowed this to happen or hindering the success of investigation?
Why is she Jumping up and down over the achievements of Nigerians who have abandoned the country?
What is the point of that?

If she is so infatuated with high performing Nigerians, why has she not even made a condolence statement for that brilliant chap that was senselessly murdered.?

1 Like

Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by FBIBOT(m): 8:00pm On Jan 18, 2021
Never argue with anyone with a gun... It takes seconds to do irreversible damage
Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by PS712: 8:00pm On Jan 18, 2021
MyOpinion1:
Let every family be responsible, that is not too much to ask in a sane society..
The professor train his child but was killed by the child of another parent who failed to train his..
Life would have been fair for everyone, but since we all are minding our businesses and fail to caution others and society refuses to make everybody responsible for their decisions primarily, then this kind of story we still keep increasing and increasing and nothing anyone can do abt it...
What happened is highly unfortunate and saddening. But for purpose of discuss I'd like to point out that most deviants you see might not necessarily be as a result of bad parenting, but combination of so many factors.
The lessons we can take from what just happened is that there is need for shortcode Emergency numbers that anyone can call and get help as quickly as possible, not those 11 digits GSM numbers dolled out that you call and no response. If there was such emergency dial, those who witnessed those people on bike trying to rob the guy would have signalled the police and subsequently get emergency help for him when he was shot.
Another lesson is lighting and CCTV surveillance of streets.
Sadly, this is the sorry state Nigerians found themselves in and it's like it may not go anytime soon with all the kidnappings, banditry, terrorism.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by Vikkygeee: 8:06pm On Jan 18, 2021
It is this kind of thief that deserves to be beaten to death, not the lady who stole a phone without hurting a fly the other day,RIP david,may your killers meet an unending sequence of agonizing pain very soon

2 Likes

Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by Minjim: 8:07pm On Jan 18, 2021
I just don't know how this country is upside down like this.
We don't value life at all.

The police are suppose to come with paramedics to that scene
Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by Vikkygeee: 8:07pm On Jan 18, 2021
Freshfish4:
I remember when three guys tried to rub my two phones, I tried to resist. Immediately one of them brought a gun, I switched mode, prostrated on the ground slowly and started calling them my Uncles, Daddy, Chairmen, happening guys, finest freshest guys.

I begged them to collect the phones that it belongs to them I was only keeping safe for them. I even gave them my pin and told them not to forget it oh.

They laughed and called me a jonsing guy, collected my phone's and left. I can not come and kill myself for ordinary phone. When these boys jam you and request for your phone, just give them and stay alive, you will definitely buy anyone. So Sad. RIP Man
That is the only safe and sensible thing to do,a costly mistake the young man surely regrets now,may his poor soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by FBIBOT(m): 8:08pm On Jan 18, 2021
ojesymsym:

As a tech guy... Cloud backup is should be paramount... Every document/contacts/pictures important to me is scanned and uploaded to personal cloud storage for backup...

2 Likes

Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by MrEgghead(m): 8:08pm On Jan 18, 2021
Mayng01:
Very unfortunate. That phone should have been left for them in the first place without resistance. He is gone & nothing can bring him back, l am only saying this , so that those still alive will learn to consider life first. Rip to the young man
Don't trust Nigeria's news outlets always giving us the same line when cases like this occur, like they were there when it happened. I don't think the guy would resist when he sees a gun, who does that??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by 12inchess: 8:08pm On Jan 18, 2021
I remember during APC rally, one thug try to snatch my phone when I was coming from work at Jibowu area. There was a scuffle, the guy almost stabbed me. I had to free my touch light phone with him and ran away with my Infinix phone then. Some of this touts deserve to die. Imagine a young vibrant man wasted over about 50k android phone. Thinking about it now, I shouldn't have struggled with this bastards. Sometimes fighting for your stuff is a reflex action.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How David Ntekim-Rex Was Killed (2018 IBM Competition Winner) by Phraences: 8:09pm On Jan 18, 2021
This happened to me. I was pressing phone at a junction. After then i learnt never to use my phone when waiting for bus.

RIP David. You are in a better place where there is no pain or sorrow.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How I Hacked Into Bank Customers’ Accounts – Graduate (Pictured) / Man Eats Burnt Body Of A Criminal In Delta State (Graphic Photos) / Corper Chidinma Oduma Acquitted A Year After She Murdered Her 'Rapist Boyfriend'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.